Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   General IT Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Clear cookies on win 10 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711552)

Ken W 08-12-2022 10:32

Clear cookies on win 10

How do I clear cookies on Win 10

Halcyon 08-12-2022 10:59

Re: Clear e cookies on win 10

Which browser are you using?

If Microsoft Edge, see here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...9-2a946a29ae09

Jaymoss 08-12-2022 11:12

just use ccleaner

---------- Post added at 11:12 ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 ----------

or if you really want too go to town bleachbit

Hugh 08-12-2022 11:36

If you're using Google Chrome as a browser

https://support.google.com/accounts/...form%3DDesktop

Quote:

On your computer, open Chrome.

At the top right, click "⋮"

Click "More tools" and then "Clear browsing data".

At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select "All time"

Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.

Click "Clear data"

Jaymoss 08-12-2022 11:40

You computer will build up bloat over time which will not be cleared using the browser clean up. You are much better off running regular clean ups with a 3rd party tool such as ccleaner or at the very least run your browser clean up and then disk cleanup from settings

Ken W 08-12-2022 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcyon (Post 36141444)
Which browser are you using?

If Microsoft Edge, see here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...9-2a946a29ae09

Microsoft Edge

Itshim 08-12-2022 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36141451)
You computer will build up bloat over time which will not be cleared using the browser clean up. You are much better off running regular clean ups with a 3rd party tool such as CCLEANER

or at the very least run your browser clean up and then disk cleanup from settings

As a aside , l have bitdefender and Kaspersky before that .both used to say all Cookies cleaned etc run ccleaner , immediately after and it claimed that it needed to remove cookies , viruses and lord only knows what else . Clearly something is a con , question which one ?:confused:

heero_yuy 08-12-2022 19:00

Use a good script blocker. Then you don't get cookies. ;)

You need to whitelist the occasional site but well worth it.

Jaymoss 08-12-2022 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36141472)
As a aside , l have bitdefender and Kaspersky before that .both used to say all Cookies cleaned etc run ccleaner , immediately after and it claimed that it needed to remove cookies , viruses and lord only knows what else . Clearly something is a con , question which one ?:confused:

ccleaner I would say has been around as long as both of them pretty much but it does not clean viruses so dunno how it was warning you to do that. As I said there is more to bloat than cookies some 3rd party apps dig deeper than others I use bleachbit and that digs deeper than ccleaner by a long shot

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:44 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 36141473)

You need to whitelist the occasional site but well worth it.

do you not have to keep logging into web sites? I use different browsers for different tasks. What I log into most like social media this site amazon ebay etc I run on Gener8 so it scores me points as I browse. All sites have 2FA log ins so as safe as can be but I leave that quite bloated

I then have a shortcut to chrome that just opens incognito so gathers no bloat

Dude111 09-12-2022 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy

I have just been blocking 3rd party cookies for years and I dont get many cookies....

Right now I have 9 in my cookie folder.....

Taf 09-12-2022 09:16

Re: Clear cookies on win 10

Wise Care 365. Free, and does a lot of deep cleaning.

Itshim 10-12-2022 17:29

[QUOTE=Jaymoss;36141474]ccleaner I would say has been around as long as both of them pretty much but it does not clean viruses so dunno how it was warning you to do that. As I said there is more to bloat than cookies some 3rd party apps dig deeper than others I use bleachbit and that digs deeper than ccleaner by a long shot

Sorry it came up with all sort of faults , it was at least a couple of years ago I last looked , only remember it warned about all sorts of things that it would sort out if I sign up to what ever the paid service was called.:rolleyes:

Jaymoss 10-12-2022 18:00

[QUOTE=Itshim;36141575]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36141474)
ccleaner I would say has been around as long as both of them pretty much but it does not clean viruses so dunno how it was warning you to do that. As I said there is more to bloat than cookies some 3rd party apps dig deeper than others I use bleachbit and that digs deeper than ccleaner by a long shot

Sorry it came up with all sort of faults , it was at least a couple of years ago I last looked , only remember it warned about all sorts of things that it would sort out if I sign up to what ever the paid service was called.:rolleyes:

yeah they did have a short period when there was a lot of hacked copies around.

Itshim 13-12-2022 19:36

[QUOTE=Jaymoss;36141577]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36141575)

yeah they did have a short period when there was a lot of hacked copies around.

Just installed free version , it seems that even that I have the full works of bit defender and a paid for VPN ( shark) l have 1997 trackers on my pc !!!! :erm: dumped it

Jaymoss 13-12-2022 19:44

Re: Clear cookies on win 10

Anti Viruses and VPNs do nothing to stop tracking cookies. Dunno why you expect them too, unless they specify they have apps to do it