Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Gaming Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What game are you playing (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33603962)

cimt 02-09-2013 01:40

Re: what game are you playing

It originally started off as an April Fools joke but then they decided to make an expansion pack for SR3 called Enter the Dominatrix. THQ was having financial trouble so they merged it with what was to be SR4, and also to give them more time on development.

adzii_nufc 02-09-2013 07:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35617349)
Really? What makes you think it was once dlc?

Quote:

It originally started off as an April Fools joke but then they decided to make an expansion pack for SR3 called Enter the Dominatrix. THQ was having financial trouble so they merged it with what was to be SR4, and also to give them more time on development.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saints_Row_IV#Development

Despite what THQ said about merging the DLC and Saints Row IV, it's evident by looking at the final product that were was simply no Saints Row IV to merge it with or very little at the most and Saints Row IV is entirely the DLC standalone. So to call it Saints Row 'IV' is laughable.

All in all I think it's playable but as in the review thread it's nothing more than a new storyline and some red lines. Add a few new cars and charge £40? I thought it was made by Volition not EA.

Stephen 02-09-2013 20:41

So it started life as DLC but then was totally changed and added to, to become a full game.

Quote:

On June 18, it was confirmed that the game had been redirected to be a full sequel and will be released in conjunction with Saints Row IV in 2013.[6] It was later affirmed that Enter the Dominatrix will be downloadable content for Saints Row IV.[7]
However the original DLC idea will still be released as DLC.

cimt 02-09-2013 22:48

Yeah, that DLC is content that was cut put together into a sort of mockumentary style DLC if I remember correctly.

adzii_nufc 02-09-2013 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35617726)
So it started life as DLC but then was totally changed and added to, to become a full game.

However the original DLC idea will still be released as DLC.

Most of the original idea made it into Saints Row IV, the plot, the matrix theme, superhero elements and so on. It wasn't changed that much.

Stuff that didn't will be released in said DLC quoted above in a behind the scenes DLC package.

Quote:

Volition revealed that the first piece of Saints Row 4 DLC will be "Enter the Dominatrix," and it will arrive 45 days after the game's August 20 launch, reports Game Informer. The DLC, originally planned as a standalone expansion to Saints Row The Third, will be taking a unique approach. It will be framed as a behind-the-scenes feature, during which the characters will explain why the content never made it into the full game.
http://saintsrow.wikia.com/wiki/Enter_The_Dominatrix

However please see the real issue here, Said DLC was already finished before the game shipped but you have to wait 45 days after release and pay for it? really?

Stephen 02-09-2013 23:41

Still they took ideas from a DLC and expanded it to create a full game. Not the first time that has happened.

Uncle Peter 02-09-2013 23:59

Easily enough content to justify a full price title. It's a great game.

iFrankie 15-10-2013 22:47

Got myself a Vita and im LOVING it, got the 10 games bundle also, some games don't seem very good but others are alright, waiting for Uncharted and Unit 12.

Playing Little Big Planet :D cute and fun.

Hom3r 23-10-2013 22:01

Well I've finished GTA V, pity I cannot buy a bigger garage as I have seen some lovely cars I would like to liberate.

Dr Gonzo 25-10-2013 14:24

I think that is one of the big drawbacks of GTA V. in IV you were able to buy more properties that also came with 2 spaces outside. So limiting each single character to 5 slots in total with only one safehouse and one special 4 car garage (ok 15 cars over the three characters) is a step backwards.

Considering all the 10 car garages in GTA:O as well, I cannot understand why we couldn't by more garages at least.
The same with online. You should be able to buy one apartment with a 10 car garage and then a separate garage somewhere else, or even one from each level. Luxury, Medium & Basic living spaces, then one 10, 6 & 2 car garages. That way you can have safehouses all over the island.

dilli-theclaw 25-10-2013 14:41

Me and my cat are still playing Elite:TNK

I /could/ play oolite but I prefer it vanilla style, until the new one comes out next year ;)

SnoopZ 25-10-2013 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35636689)
Me and my cat are still playing Elite:TNK

I /could/ play oolite but I prefer it vanilla style, until the new one comes out next year ;)

I would love something like Elite on a next gen console.

Loved playing Elite on my Acorn Electron in my teens!

dilli-theclaw 25-10-2013 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35636733)
I would love something like Elite on a next gen console.

Loved playing Elite on my Acorn Electron in my teens!

You never know ;)

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1666697...ts_braben.html

SnoopZ 25-10-2013 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35636737)

Oh i hope so and i want it to be very addictive like the original Elite was. :)

Uncle Peter 06-12-2013 19:54

Gran Turismo 6

'tis quality. The new handling model is awesome.