Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Facebook Rebranding (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710496)

Jaymoss 23-10-2021 16:40

Facebook Rebranding

allegedly and next week

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...rebrand-report

The social media side of it may not change but will have to wait and see.

Chris 23-10-2021 16:57

Re: Facebook Rebranding

Sounds like it’s the parent company that’s changing

Dude111 23-10-2021 22:15

They will still be one to avoid!!

Mr K 24-10-2021 11:51

There's an old saying, you can't rebrand a t*rd. Why anyone wants to share ever bit of their personal life with everybody is still beyond me. It seems to cause a lot of distress/boredom to one and all.

OLD BOY 24-10-2021 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36098620)
There's an old saying, you can't rebrand a t*rd. Why anyone wants to share ever bit of their personal life with everybody is still beyond me. It seems to cause a lot of distress/boredom to one and all.

It's not all bad - I use it regularly to keep up to date with what's going on in my local area. I don't put my details up for anyone to look at and I don't discuss anything personal to me on there.

Like you, I do not understand why some people want to flaunt all their personal stuff on Facebook - that is a dangerous thing to do. There are some pretty vile people out there only too willing to exploit anyone who is free and easy with information about themselves.

While Facebook is rebranding, I hope they make their site a bit easier to use. I still have to scratch my head a bit sometimes when I want to use some of the tools on their site.

Julian 24-10-2021 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36098623)
It's not all bad - I use it regularly to keep up to date with what's going on in my local area. I don't put my details up for anyone to look at and I don't discuss anything personal to me on there.

Like you, I do not understand why some people want to flaunt all their personal stuff on Facebook - that is a dangerous thing to do. There are some pretty vile people out there only too willing to exploit anyone who is free and easy with information about themselves.

While Facebook is rebranding, I hope they make their site a bit easier to use. I still have to scratch my head a bit sometimes when I want to use some of the tools on their site.

Let’s face it there are loads of tools on that site. ;)

Paul 24-10-2021 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian (Post 36098626)
Let’s face it there are loads of tools on that site. ;)

:D

Maggy 24-10-2021 14:58

I use it to keep in touch with family and people I like. I must just start culling a few other pages though or it’s likely to get out of hand.

idi banashapan 24-10-2021 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy (Post 36098644)
I use it to keep in touch with family and people I like. I must just start culling a few other pages though or it’s likely to get out of hand.

you could always write, text, call, visit. No need to be allowing Facebook et al. to harvest from you.

Jaymoss 24-10-2021 15:04

I have an Oculus Quest 2 so need a facebook account but have one just for that. I also use facebook as a normal user but no real data on there for them to harvest. Lets face it pretty much everything about us can be found or bought if you want it anyway

Taf 24-10-2021 15:32

New name: "ONLYbans".

Maggy 24-10-2021 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by idi banashapan (Post 36098646)
you could always write, text, call, visit. No need to be allowing Facebook et al. to harvest from you.

Not the way the youngsters move address in my family.

Jaymoss 28-10-2021 19:21

Meta is the new name all to do with the new Meta Verse the new future direction for the company

Hom3r 29-10-2021 10:11

Whatever they call it it will still be called Facebook for years to come.

Hugh 29-10-2021 10:26

It’s just like the Google rebranding to Alphabet - it’s the Parent/Holding company that’s rebranded, not the actual search/social media company/brand.

Facebook will still be Facebook.