Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Gaming Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What game are you playing (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33603962)

peanut 05-07-2007 00:40

Re: what game are you playing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirpingalot (Post 34344348)
Do you know if that'll work on xp 64bit? I was a big fan of Tomb Raider way back, but I haven't played it much recently.

I'm 3/4 the way through it now and I'm using XP64, no probs for me. Hope that's of any use to you. Very good game, I rate it a lot higher than Legends.

Sirpingalot 05-07-2007 00:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanutkp (Post 34344361)
I'm 3/4 the way through it now and I'm using XP64, no probs for me. Hope that's of any use to you. Very good game, I rate it a lot higher than Legends.

Certainly helps! :)

Bluffdemon 06-07-2007 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEONKNIGHT (Post 34325169)
Forza2 - excellent value, tons of options in game, if you get it go for the limited edition. :tu:

i'm with ya on that !!! and the racing on and offline is superb !!

Uncle Peter 31-08-2007 19:00

Currently playing: Colin Mcrae DIRT (360) - top stuff

rogerdraig 31-08-2007 23:44

Runescape yet again

Slyder 01-09-2007 23:33

Just completed Bioshock on 360.

Without giving anything away, I will say I was impressed at the game on a whole except the ending. What a disapointment.

Yet again NO coop... so automatically I give this game less then a perfect 10.

Sirpingalot 02-09-2007 23:55

Playing BioShock on the PC..excellent game, very well optimised for the pc too.

Saaf_laandon_mo 03-09-2007 16:03

anyone recommend any decent psp games? Stuff like Rainbow 6, medal of honour? has anyone actually played these on psp?

Raistlin 03-09-2007 16:15

What games am I playing?

Well..... I've been playing GuildWars pretty much since it came out, I bought the new expansion (Guild Wars: Eye of the North) and really hated it. I mean, the game's great and it's nice to have new content, the new areas are stunning, and I like the new races, but I spent four hours yesterday being continually pounded upon by massive groups of monsters which seemed to do four/five times the damage output that my little group was doing. You can only restart an area to get rid of your -60% DP so many times before you start to feel like crying. It took me 2 of those hours to grind my way through the Shards of Orr dungeon.....so as you can see, I'm not even very far into the game :(

Today though I decided to give World of Warcraft a try..... I got the game home at about 1 O'clock, and I've been sat here installing and downloading ever since. It took just over an hour for the game to install, 10 minutes to register, and the rest of the time to download the patches/updates (and I'm not even 50% of the way through yet).....

I'm sure it will be sweet when (if?) I finally get to play it though :)

rogerdraig 08-09-2007 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raistlin (Post 34389233)

Today though I decided to give World of Warcraft a try..... I got the game home at about 1 O'clock, and I've been sat here installing and downloading ever since. It took just over an hour for the game to install, 10 minutes to register, and the rest of the time to download the patches/updates (and I'm not even 50% of the way through yet).....

lol thats why i play runescape may not be quite as stunning but at least it loads quick ;)

peanut 08-09-2007 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raistlin (Post 34389233)

How long did it take in the end? Did you install and update the Burning Crusade addon as well?

Was it worth it in the end?

I quite wow ages ago, the thought of installing and updating it all just puts me off totally now (& that's a good thing imo).

pooper 10-09-2007 08:36

Completed Bioshock on Saturday, was pretty enjoyable... although some ******* posted spoilers all over another forum i was reading... which completely ruined the plot for me :(

Dunno what to play now.. MoA Airborne possibly... meh...

Down the Pub 10-09-2007 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper (Post 34393327)
MoA Airborne possibly

started playing over the weekend, lives upto the demo, but is it just me or does the AI in the game seem to step up a bit over the demo?

Nugget 10-09-2007 11:20

Bioshock for me - only played it for about 3 hours, but it's absolutely stunning. Visually, it's probably the best game I've played, and the 'plot' is brilliantly carried out.

10 out of 10 for me :tu:

Downloads 10-09-2007 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugget (Post 34393404)
Bioshock for me - only played it for about 3 hours, but it's absolutely stunning. Visually, it's probably the best game I've played, and the 'plot' is brilliantly carried out.

10 out of 10 for me :tu:

Finished Bioshock on the weekend too, i was mad cos i was gypped out of my 40pts for completing the game on Hard, oh well. I think this one is done to death on another thread but i gave it 10/10 too.

I'm clearing the decks for Halo 3 which means finishing off Lost Planet and Godfather, i bought Gauntlet for £1 on XBLA when it was on a deal the other day and i may get Streets of Rage 2 also (love it). Basically just odds and sods for the next 2 weeks. Got a whole bunch of people clearing the decks ready and taking time off work for Halo 3! Sad i know.

I also want to know when Speedball 2 is coming out, i've got it for the Amiga on 512 and for the CD32 but i want it tarted up on the 360 XBLA!