Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Gaming Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What game are you playing (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33603962)

ThunderPants73 17-02-2013 23:09

Re: what game are you playing

Still slugging my way through Fallout New Vegas.

My mate has loaned me Resi 6 but by all accounts, it's pretty awful.

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

Wow. Just found out that there's to be a Sim City 5! Hurrah!
Also just found out that you need a constant internet connection. Boo! Won't be buying it.

icestar2 18-02-2013 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 (Post 35537903)
My mate has loaned me Resi 6 but by all accounts, it's pretty awful.

It's not awful but its also not Resident Evil. Its a generic over the top third person action shooter. If you accept that then it can be enjoyable but if your expecting a good Resident Evil game you will be disappointed.

That being said I enjoyed it much more than the recent Aliens game. Very, Very disappointed with that. Buggy AI, Unreliable guns, Poor cover system and being shot through the wall a couple of times.

It's just a game that feel's very unfinished and I have to wonder if it even went through any sort or QA testing at all. I expected so much more :-(

Gavin78 07-03-2013 02:07

If you are into the old style 2d well 2.5d games then I've just been playing one on steam got released the other day....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPdleC0Y9tg

The Showdown Effect is a 2.5D multiplayer action game inspired by 80’s and 90’s action movies. Champions from throughout time fight to death for fun, for glory and for awesome.

The Showdown Effect recreates the outrageous combat found in classic action movies and then takes it one step further. Use weaponry pulled straight from the silver screen's unparalleled arsenal: shotguns, baseball bats, assault rifles, umbrellas, grenades, katanas, rocket launchers and more.

No explosion is too loud and no bullet dodge is impossible. Impale your friend with a broomstick and tell them to “Stick around” as you jetpack off to the next enemy.

Up to 8 player fast paced, cinematic, multiplayer action
In-game, out-of-the box streaming capability to Twitch.tv (MAC support coming soon)
6 clichéd characters , each with unique abilities
4 levels across two different environments
4 different free for all and team based game modes
Solo matchmaking using ELO rating system
Custom rules sets to create your own game modes – Pistols only!
Progressive rewards and unlocks for character and weapon customization
Experience the most over-the-top action sequences from your favorite movies across different environments
Numerous heroes, dozens of weapons, hundreds of moves - infinite fun

Stephen 07-03-2013 14:45

Tomb Raider - it's blooming amazing.

tizmeinnit 08-03-2013 11:18

Just finished Tomb Raider and it is one of the best Campaign games I have ever played it is fantastic.

This has annoyed me though from a review

Quote:

It has to be said, right off the bat, that Tomb Raider borrows one or two notes from Naughty Dog’s adventures series – most evidently in the game’s over-the-top action set-pieces.

Just as players have witnessed Nathan Drake scramble to freedom in a burning mansion, or flee from death in a capsizing ocean liner, in Tomb Raider they’ll see Lara Croft scrabble and claw for survival through all manner of hell.
How dare they liken it saying it borrow one or 2 notes from Uncharted. Lara blooming Croft has been doing this since the PS1 if anything Uncharted copied Tomb Raider

Stephen 08-03-2013 15:13

Technically she's been doing it since the Sega Saturn ;)

I agree though the game is amazing.

Jameseh 08-03-2013 16:31

Might have to get it when the GOTY or Ultimate edition(s) arrive.

Talking of said editions, what were people's favourite games last year that I can now pick-up on the cheap? I didn't really buy much last year.

cimt 08-03-2013 17:01

Mass Effect 3, Far Cry 3, Forza Horizon, Borderlands 2, Halo 4, Assassin's Creed 3.

I know, all mainstream games but I loved them all.

Uncle Peter 09-03-2013 02:24

Tropico 4 - Great fun

Just bought the collectors bundle on Steam for £7.50. They have a big sale on this week.

Hom3r 12-03-2013 20:27

Download an update for BF3 which is 1.92GB at less than 1% of my maximum speed,then i'll proberly get another huge file for the latest map pack.

Come on M$ i've got a 120meg connection and have downloaded 20gig quicker

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Steam and other crap game managers is why i will never by a game for a pc anymore, all they do is fill your system with crap that makes system boot take for ever.

cimt 12-03-2013 20:35

I downloaded both files in about an hour earlier on. I'm on 20Mb.

Hom3r 12-03-2013 21:20

Well looking at my routers traffic manager it currently downloading at 714k.

very poor for a big company.

what they should do is allow you to these game update before it officially released avoiding the bottle neck.

cimt 12-03-2013 21:33

That would be sweet. It looks like that type of thing works on PC with games so I wonder how well it'd work on a console with DLC? I can see how it'd work with BF3 though. You'd download the DLC and then on the day you'd download the update. It'd be better than it is now, IMO.

idi banashapan 16-03-2013 20:00

sniper ghost warrior 2

don't bother - it seems to have all the crappy elements of 'sniper' roles from the arcade games;
aim assist you cannot turn off
kill cam you cannot turn off
crossing the map to go stabbing (it's a sniper theme, not recon)
only 2 (yes TWO) maps
shoddy textures (even though it's on CryEngine3) meaning a complete inability to hide in foliage
stupid radar map showing enemies whenever they shoot that (you guessed it) you cannot turn off
n.b. - this is on Multiplayer. I don't play single player. however, reviews are slating that too for being far too linear and the moment you stray from doing exactly what you are told to do, it's game over.

I was hoping after the flop that was the first Sniper Ghost Warrior, the makers may have bucked their ideas up (especially as they went on about how they have made a new game from the bottom up for this). it seems not. this is totally made for console gamers, and bad gamers at that. (yeah - I'm a PC gamer)

philwhite100 16-03-2013 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by idi banashapan (Post 35549218)
sniper ghost warrior 2

don't bother - it seems to have all the crappy elements of 'sniper' roles from the arcade games;
aim assist you cannot turn off
kill cam you cannot turn off
crossing the map to go stabbing (it's a sniper theme, not recon)
only 2 (yes TWO) maps
shoddy textures (even though it's on CryEngine3) meaning a complete inability to hide in foliage
stupid radar map showing enemies whenever they shoot that (you guessed it) you cannot turn off
n.b. - this is on Multiplayer. I don't play single player. however, reviews are slating that too for being far too linear and the moment you stray from doing exactly what you are told to do, it's game over.

I was hoping after the flop that was the first Sniper Ghost Warrior, the makers may have bucked their ideas up (especially as they went on about how they have made a new game from the bottom up for this). it seems not. this is totally made for console gamers, and bad gamers at that. (yeah - I'm a PC gamer)

I just got Ghost Warrior 2 and personally i like it. Only done some single player at the moment so can't comment on the multiplayer side of it yet.