Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Gaming Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What game are you playing (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33603962)

Hom3r 23-01-2013 16:44

Re: what game are you playing

I cannot remember, but normally I get stuck with US English.

MadGamer 23-01-2013 21:10

I would either re install selecting uk English and then applying the correct update, as it sounds like the wrong language was selected, which would mean the updates downloaded and installed the wrong patch

alferret 30-01-2013 12:07

Far Cry 2 for the PC!

Uncle Peter 31-01-2013 17:12

Anno 1404 on PC. Pop it on every now and then to chip away at the campaign. Good craic.

icestar2 01-02-2013 00:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadGamer (Post 35526690)
I would either re install selecting uk English and then applying the correct update, as it sounds like the wrong language was selected, which would mean the updates downloaded and installed the wrong patch

I actually installed this game for a friend earlier today and there was no UK English option only English option was English US. There was some option for location further through the install and that defaulted to Canada as she has a laptop she bought when living in canada. I just changed that to UK and after install it patched and worked fine.

This was an Origin copy though so it was mostly automated and required little effort. Hope you get your copy working okay Hom3r.

adzii_nufc 05-02-2013 10:11

With regards to the Sims 3 issue.

I'm unaware if it works without Origin but I assumed Origin was the norm now.
Enter the CD-Key into Origin and it will install the game and all patches automatically then it can be easily ran from Origin.
Or try get the default and freshly installed game with no patches integrated into Origin and see if Origin does anything with it.

Got Battlefield 3: Premium, Fifa 2013, Sims 3, Burnout Paradise and some other low key stuff in my Library that all installed the way above. Sims 3 was bought the same way as yourself as was Battlefield. Also note: English (US) is the only English option when installing EA games.

EDIT: Just cropped my mind, with the region issue it could be a case that you've been sold a Russian CD key, these have been becoming ever popular online now. No idea if the Sims 3 is region free but it's a thought.

For anyone that didn't know, Battlefield 1942 is now free on Origin in the Demos section or here: http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-1942

Hom3r 10-02-2013 19:52

My sims 3 key was in the box

Jameseh 10-02-2013 23:35

Just about to start LA Noire.

MadGamer 11-02-2013 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jameseh (Post 35534883)

really good game :)

Derek 12-02-2013 07:47

Got a copy of Aliens:Colonial Marines on Saturday.

Haven't had any time to play it but today I'll definately be bug hunting. :sniper:

tizmeinnit 12-02-2013 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 35535360)

Haven't had any time to play it but today I'll definately be bug hunting. :sniper:

you would not have been able to till today :-)

Tezcatlipoca 12-02-2013 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jameseh (Post 35534883)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadGamer (Post 35535218)
really good game :)

I thought it was a nice idea, let down by being unbelievably boring :(

Far too repetitive, far too restrictive.

Also...(story spoiler)
Spoiler: 
It was stupid how you kept having to arrest people you knew to be innocent...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 35535360)

My Collector's Edition came yesterday.

But, given the overwhelmingly awful reviews it has had (awful, not mixed), I'll be taking it back to GAME on Saturday for a full refund.

If it was the normal version I'd probably risk the drop in re-sale value by opening it and seeing if it really was as terrible as made out, but I'm not willing to do that with the CE!

I may buy it cheap pre-owned later on...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tizmeinnit (Post 35535376)
you would not have been able to till today :-)

Only if he has the PC version. 360/PS3 versions wouldn't be time-locked 'till release.

Jameseh 13-02-2013 01:06

I've given up on LA Noire already, luckily I got it dirt cheap.

Back to my dudebro sports games.

Derek 13-02-2013 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 35535708)
But, given the overwhelmingly awful reviews it has had (awful, not mixed), I'll be taking it back to GAME on Saturday for a full refund.

If it was the normal version I'd probably risk the drop in re-sale value by opening it and seeing if it really was as terrible as made out, but I'm not willing to do that with the CE!

I quite like it so far. It does seem a little unpolished in places but certainly not terrible at all.

icestar2 13-02-2013 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 35535842)
I quite like it so far. It does seem a little unpolished in places but certainly not terrible at all.

Glad to see someone is enjoying it. I was planning on buying it but given the poor response it seems to have gotten I think I'll make it a rental instead.

I'm still hoping ill enjoy it to. The last one didn't get great reviews but I enjoyed it anyway so am hoping this one goes the same way for me.