Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Streaming : Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710941)

Jaymoss 06-04-2022 14:38

Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36118233)
I'm looking forward to it.

Can't say it happens too often, but on this I'm with Chris - it looks like they're trying to revisit the feel of TOS and if they manage to do that it'll be a classic.

Don't know how many series they're planning but I hope when the do call it a day they've managed to go right through to when Pike's covered in porridge and in the prototype Davros chair.

Depends on timeline but Pike was killed by the Romulans in the latest Star Trek

GrimUpNorth 06-04-2022 15:41

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36118303)
Depends on timeline but Pike was killed by the Romulans in the latest Star Trek

Well I'll stick with the original as I like the porridge and the prototype Davros chair.

And in one timeline wasn't he dispatched by Khan (or should I type it as KHAN!!! KHAN!!!!)

Jaymoss 06-04-2022 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36118312)
Well I'll stick with the original as I like the porridge and the prototype Davros chair.

And in one timeline wasn't he dispatched by Khan (or should I type it as KHAN!!! KHAN!!!!)

You are right I am wrong. He only got injured by the Romulans and Bunnersnatch killed him

pip08456 29-04-2022 21:32

General Maximus 29-04-2022 22:04

**** sake, it has only taken them 5 years to get it right. They can cancel Discovery now.

Maggy 30-04-2022 09:48

I'd given up with Star Trek years ago,Same with Star Wars. It's no longer done for love but a sa cash cow.I'm not contributing to that.

I'll stick with the memories of rushing home from my weekend job when I was a teenager to watch the original Star Trek on TV.

1701-e 05-05-2022 17:53

Enjoyable first episode. Paramount plus has a Star Trek Sting before the CBS logo at the start.

Hugh 05-05-2022 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1701-e (Post 36121253)
Enjoyable first episode. Paramount plus has a Star Trek Sting before the CBS logo at the start.

Agree - that was fun, with lots of call-outs and Easter Eggs.

GrimUpNorth 06-05-2022 12:01

Was working the elections yesterday so have only just got to watch it. Very nice in 4K.

Hope it's not too early to say this but so far it's looking like it'll restore my faith in the franchise.

Particularly enjoyed the original series references - Spock raising his right eyebrow when he was on a promise ;) Capt Pike with his porridged face and the prototype Davrtos chair, 'Why is it always in an alley?' when they beamed down and probably one of the most subtle bits that they've borrowed from the end of many of the original episodes was the silly music when Kirk is introduced to his new boss. Couple all this with the general humour and the story being wrapped up in the episode and I was happy. The trailer at the end looks like we're in for more of the same with a different story per episode and if so I think they're onto a winner and we're in for some great entertainment.

Now with my renewed enthusiasm it's time to see how they tie up all the loose ends in Picard.

Chris 06-05-2022 12:30

Where are you all seeing this?

1701-e 06-05-2022 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36121332)

Commonly called alternative means

Hugh 06-05-2022 12:58

Quote:

VPN to my bro-in-law’s Paramount+ subscription in the USA.

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36121330)
Was working the elections yesterday so have only just got to watch it. Very nice in 4K.

Hope it's not too early to say this but so far it's looking like it'll restore my faith in the franchise.

Particularly enjoyed the original series references - Spock raising his right eyebrow when he was on a promise ;) Capt Pike with his porridged face and the prototype Davrtos chair, 'Why is it always in an alley?' when they beamed down and probably one of the most subtle bits that they've borrowed from the end of many of the original episodes was the silly music when Kirk is introduced to his new boss. Couple all this with the general humour and the story being wrapped up in the episode and I was happy. The trailer at the end looks like we're in for more of the same with a different story per episode and if so I think they're onto a winner and we're in for some great entertainment.

Now with my renewed enthusiasm it's time to see how they tie up all the loose ends in Picard.

Spoiler: 
Kirk’s older brother Samuel

GrimUpNorth 06-05-2022 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36121337)
VPN to my bro-in-law’s Paramount+ subscription in the USA.

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Spoiler: 
Kirk’s older brother Samuel

Didn't want to give too much away!!

General Maximus 06-05-2022 13:20

Quote:

https://privateiptvaccess.com/

I don't use it myself but it is an option to look at it. Not sure it is applicable in this case because I can't see Paramount+ on the channel list.

General Maximus 07-05-2022 11:56

I have just watched it and I have only got one thing to say

https://www.cableforum.uk/images/local/2022/05/8.gif