Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Streaming : Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710941)

General Maximus 04-04-2022 14:37

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Pierre 04-04-2022 16:34

Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

looks OK, is this the Discovery spin off? Let's hope it's better than that!

Jaymoss 04-04-2022 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36118121)

It is but of course it is also kinda a TOS prequal and an Enterprise sequel

General Maximus 04-04-2022 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36118121)

I don't think so but it depends what your tastes are. I was hoping for a more serious grounded proper Star Trek series based on what we have already seen of the characters (i.e. establishing the baseline for my realism factor) however this looks way too silly and I can only assume they are taking advantage of a new series and blank slate and trying to capitalise on the success of The Orville and a lot of the criticism Discovery initially received. This trailer was deliberately made to make it look like a scifi comedy.

Chris 04-04-2022 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36118136)
I don't think so but it depends what your tastes are. I was hoping for a more serious grounded proper Star Trek series based on what we have already seen of the characters (i.e. establishing the baseline for my realism factor) however this looks way too silly and I can only assume they are taking advantage of a new series and blank slate and trying to capitalise on the success of The Orville and a lot of the criticism Discovery initially received. This trailer was deliberately made to make it look like a scifi comedy.

Have you ever even watched TOS? It mixed slapstick, closet racist jibes and high drama on a weekly basis. It did so precisely because the network criticised *both* pilots for being too serious (you can especially see this in The Cage). TOS was colourful, bombastic, melodramatic and hilarious in equal measure. “Proper” Star Trek isn’t grounded in the way you seem to think it is.

General Maximus 04-04-2022 21:45

I want it in the same tone or as they behaved in season 2 of Discovery; however you want to describe or categorise it.

Chris 04-04-2022 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36118143)
I want it in the same tone or as they behaved in season 2 of Discovery; however you want to describe or categorise it.

Given the lengths they’ve gone to to kick Discovery into the long grass, and the fact that they latched on to the idea of Pike’s Enterprise as a way of making the Star Trek prequel everyone hoped for (but didn’t get) in 2017, I think the chances of them using Disco season 2 to orientate SNW are slim to none. They are setting a series IIRC less than a decade prior to TOS and are now well aware of fandom’s expectations around that. Aside from the visual reboot which they are stuck with (and probably couldn’t have avoided even in 2017 to be honest), the entire production design is obviously calling back to the 1960s. It looks to me as if the starting point is “if Star Trek had been made back then with the production tools we have now, what might it have looked like?” If they answer that question well, we’re in for a treat. But I really don’t think it’s going to look much like the franchise-salvaging stuff we got in Discovery 2.

General Maximus 04-04-2022 22:10

I am not talking about the visual and aesthetics if Discovery, i am talking about the tone/attitude/behaviour of Pike. I loved who he was (is) and i want to see continuity. It is as if he is a completely different character in that trailer.

Jaymoss 04-04-2022 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36118143)

I just want to watch it with an open mind and enjoy the escapism. I feel sorry for you and how disappointed you are with things all the time

Chris 04-04-2022 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36118146)
I am not talking about the visual and aesthetics if Discovery, i am talking about the tone/attitude/behaviour of Pike. I loved who he was (is) and i want to see continuity. It is as if he is a completely different character in that trailer.

I don’t think he is - and I think Anson Mount is too accomplished an actor for that to happen. There’s nothing in that trailer that wasn’t in range for the character as seen in Discovery. They’re just dealing with different material. In Discovery, Pike’s enterprise was a sub-plot in a story arc dealing with an existential threat. That’s always going to tilt the material towards the grim. But it would be a mistake to draw too complete a conclusion about what sort of Pike we’re going to get just from that, or even to assume that’s how he *should* be. We’d end up with something a bit two dimensional in that case.

Paul 04-04-2022 23:43

Well I guess we'll enjoy it again, while some sulk in the corner, again. :D

pip08456 04-04-2022 23:49

Perhaps it's me being a bit older now but if I don't like something I just don't watch it, I don't complain if others do.

I tried Discovery S1 being a Star Trek fan but didn't like it so didn't bother any more. I gave up about halfway through IIRC.

I have hopes for ST New Worlds. If I like it , I'll watch it, if I don't I won't juast as I stopped watching Suoergirl when it more pc/\woke orientated rather than story.

Bottom line, if you like it watch it. If you don't the don't whatever is said on a discussion forum like this won't cahnge anything. We all know what Generals realism consitutes and also others disagree, so what why keep harping on?

I don't see the point.

GrimUpNorth 05-04-2022 21:33

I'm looking forward to it.

Can't say it happens too often, but on this I'm with Chris - it looks like they're trying to revisit the feel of TOS and if they manage to do that it'll be a classic.

Don't know how many series they're planning but I hope when the do call it a day they've managed to go right through to when Pike's covered in porridge and in the prototype Davros chair.

Paul 05-04-2022 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36118233)
... in the prototype Davros chair.

:D

Mick 06-04-2022 14:33

Looks good - great fan of the Discovery time line, so this should be just as good.

Jaymoss 06-04-2022 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36118233)
I'm looking forward to it.

Can't say it happens too often, but on this I'm with Chris - it looks like they're trying to revisit the feel of TOS and if they manage to do that it'll be a classic.

Don't know how many series they're planning but I hope when the do call it a day they've managed to go right through to when Pike's covered in porridge and in the prototype Davros chair.

Depends on timeline but Pike was killed by the Romulans in the latest Star Trek

GrimUpNorth 06-04-2022 15:41

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36118303)
Depends on timeline but Pike was killed by the Romulans in the latest Star Trek

Well I'll stick with the original as I like the porridge and the prototype Davros chair.

And in one timeline wasn't he dispatched by Khan (or should I type it as KHAN!!! KHAN!!!!)

Jaymoss 06-04-2022 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36118312)
Well I'll stick with the original as I like the porridge and the prototype Davros chair.

And in one timeline wasn't he dispatched by Khan (or should I type it as KHAN!!! KHAN!!!!)

You are right I am wrong. He only got injured by the Romulans and Bunnersnatch killed him

pip08456 29-04-2022 21:32

General Maximus 29-04-2022 22:04

**** sake, it has only taken them 5 years to get it right. They can cancel Discovery now.

Maggy 30-04-2022 09:48

I'd given up with Star Trek years ago,Same with Star Wars. It's no longer done for love but a sa cash cow.I'm not contributing to that.

I'll stick with the memories of rushing home from my weekend job when I was a teenager to watch the original Star Trek on TV.

1701-e 05-05-2022 17:53

Enjoyable first episode. Paramount plus has a Star Trek Sting before the CBS logo at the start.

Hugh 05-05-2022 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1701-e (Post 36121253)
Enjoyable first episode. Paramount plus has a Star Trek Sting before the CBS logo at the start.

Agree - that was fun, with lots of call-outs and Easter Eggs.

GrimUpNorth 06-05-2022 12:01

Was working the elections yesterday so have only just got to watch it. Very nice in 4K.

Hope it's not too early to say this but so far it's looking like it'll restore my faith in the franchise.

Particularly enjoyed the original series references - Spock raising his right eyebrow when he was on a promise ;) Capt Pike with his porridged face and the prototype Davrtos chair, 'Why is it always in an alley?' when they beamed down and probably one of the most subtle bits that they've borrowed from the end of many of the original episodes was the silly music when Kirk is introduced to his new boss. Couple all this with the general humour and the story being wrapped up in the episode and I was happy. The trailer at the end looks like we're in for more of the same with a different story per episode and if so I think they're onto a winner and we're in for some great entertainment.

Now with my renewed enthusiasm it's time to see how they tie up all the loose ends in Picard.

Chris 06-05-2022 12:30

Where are you all seeing this?

1701-e 06-05-2022 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36121332)

Commonly called alternative means

Hugh 06-05-2022 12:58

Quote:

VPN to my bro-in-law’s Paramount+ subscription in the USA.

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36121330)
Was working the elections yesterday so have only just got to watch it. Very nice in 4K.

Hope it's not too early to say this but so far it's looking like it'll restore my faith in the franchise.

Particularly enjoyed the original series references - Spock raising his right eyebrow when he was on a promise ;) Capt Pike with his porridged face and the prototype Davrtos chair, 'Why is it always in an alley?' when they beamed down and probably one of the most subtle bits that they've borrowed from the end of many of the original episodes was the silly music when Kirk is introduced to his new boss. Couple all this with the general humour and the story being wrapped up in the episode and I was happy. The trailer at the end looks like we're in for more of the same with a different story per episode and if so I think they're onto a winner and we're in for some great entertainment.

Now with my renewed enthusiasm it's time to see how they tie up all the loose ends in Picard.

Spoiler: 
Kirk’s older brother Samuel

GrimUpNorth 06-05-2022 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36121337)
VPN to my bro-in-law’s Paramount+ subscription in the USA.

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Spoiler: 
Kirk’s older brother Samuel

Didn't want to give too much away!!

General Maximus 06-05-2022 13:20

Quote:

https://privateiptvaccess.com/

I don't use it myself but it is an option to look at it. Not sure it is applicable in this case because I can't see Paramount+ on the channel list.

General Maximus 07-05-2022 11:56

I have just watched it and I have only got one thing to say

https://www.cableforum.uk/images/local/2022/05/8.gif

pip08456 07-05-2022 19:41

Must admit I enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next ep.

General Maximus 07-05-2022 20:00

I thought it was absolutely superb and had they dropped the whole season in one go i would have watched it all in one go

Pierre 07-05-2022 20:10

Anyone know of the U.K. airing plans?

Jaymoss 07-05-2022 20:15

On my Plex 8am till 1am hahaha

22nd June on Paramount + apparently

General Maximus 07-05-2022 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36121531)
Anyone know of the U.K. airing plans?

I am not sure if a UK network will carry it (e.g. Sky One) because Paramount+ is going to be available in the UK soon just like Disney+ and AppleTV are so you'll be able to watch it from the original source.

Quote:

Paramount Plus is launching in the UK on 22 June for £6.99 per month, the media giant has confirmed.

https://www.independent.co.uk/extras...-b2073074.html

Pierre 07-05-2022 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36121533)
I am not sure if a UK network will carry it (e.g. Sky One) because Paramount+ is going to be available in the UK soon just like Disney+ and AppleTV are you'll be able to watch it from the original source.

That’s a no then. I’ll find another way. I have Sky, prime, Netflix and Disney……..I’m not going any further than that!

General Maximus 08-05-2022 00:10

Yeah, it is getting extremely frustrating having to sign up to a streaming service for each tv series you watch. Apple TV is another one for Foundation, See and For All Mankind.

GrimUpNorth 08-05-2022 00:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36121546)
That’s a no then. I’ll find another way. I have Sky, prime, Netflix and Disney……..I’m not going any further than that!

Apparently, if you have Sky Cinema you'll get Paramount Plus thrown in for free.

General Maximus 08-05-2022 01:00

Sweet, i like all these deals they do, i get Netflix for £3 through Sky. It is very cunning because they need to incentivise and encourage people to stay with them. They must be cacking their pants at the number of streaming services popping up and the increased competition given that they are the most expensive out of all of them.

TimeLord2018 01-06-2022 09:49

As for the UK release, it's 3 episodes on 22nd of June and then 1 episode per week
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a40156...ek-south-park/

tweetiepooh 06-06-2022 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36121550)
Sweet, i like all these deals they do, i get Netflix for £3 through Sky. It is very cunning because they need to incentivise and encourage people to stay with them. They must be cacking their pants at the number of streaming services popping up and the increased competition given that they are the most expensive out of all of them.

I see it likely that as asset owners want to split off and run their own subscriptions they will find the base (of paying) customers dwindle and the cost of maintaining subscriptions will get higher. As that happens there will be more deals with the "broadcasters" to merge subscriptions and asset access. But this really isn't the point of this topic other than if it's on some other, new service costing more, I won't be bothering.

Hugh 09-06-2022 23:35

Just caught up on Episode 5 (Spock Amok) - it was one of the most "fun*" episodes I’ve seen** in a SF TV series in a long time; really enjoyed it.

*didn’t laugh a lot, but smiled most of the way through - this is a compliment, not a complaint

**watched Miss Marvel yesterday, and that was close

Pierre 28-06-2022 21:46

Two episodes in, yes enjoying it. Pike is very Kirk though, so far.

GrimUpNorth 28-06-2022 21:55

Last week's episode (episode 8) could be up there as one of my all time fav Star Trek episodes across all the series. I loved it, thought it was funny, poked so much fun at the past and the acting was superb. Thinking about it, the twist at the end of episode 7 was good too. Thinking about it some more the whole series has been excellent.

Paul 29-06-2022 01:19

Yep, its been fun and entertaining - better than I expected TBH.

SnoopZ 19-07-2022 19:35

I'm 4 episodes in and really enjoying this so far.

Hugh 19-04-2023 18:27

Season 2 teaser trailer.

SnoopZ 19-04-2023 20:44

Completely forgot about this and can't remember any of Season 1, although I probably loved it.

Chris 19-04-2023 22:20

I only caught up with it recently when I took out a reduced price sub to Paramount+. It was very, very good. Very much looking forward to season 2.

Paul 19-04-2023 23:38

Looks like one episode may be set in the 20th or 21st century.

Chris 20-04-2023 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36150177)

Fittingly, that episode seems to feature James Kirk. Could be another one of the 17 separate temporal violations Starfleet’s Department of Temporal Investigations had on his file (many of which we have never actually seen in a film or TV episode).

GrimUpNorth 20-04-2023 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36150177)

And another is a crossover with Lower Decks.

Chris 20-04-2023 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36150186)
And another is a crossover with Lower Decks.

How are they handling that when the shows are over 100 years apart? Another time travel episode, or maybe the same one jumping all over the place?

GrimUpNorth 20-04-2023 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36150189)
How are they handling that when the shows are over 100 years apart? Another time travel episode, or maybe the same one jumping all over the place?

No idea, but looking forward to finding out.

Chris 20-04-2023 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36150196)
No idea, but looking forward to finding out.

Having read a bit about it, my money is on it actually being framed as a LD episode even though it will sit within the SNW series run. They’ve let slip that it begins and ends with Boimler and Mariner in animated form which to me sniffs of a holodeck episode and jokes about holdeck tech becoming hyper-real once they go ‘live action’ aboard Pike’s Enterprise. It’s also being played as a comedy which would be easier to do as LD rather than SNW. Obviously they could never actually do a LD episode that crossed over into one of the live action franchises as a cartoon series wouldn’t have the budget or access to the studio facilities, so they would have to locate it within one of the live action seasons and then adequately explain why everyone’s suddenly acting funny.

This approach has of course been taken before - the very last episode of Star Trek: Enterprise actually portrays holographic versions of the NX-01 crew, accessed by William Riker during the events of the Next Generation episode ‘The Pegasus’.

Hugh 17-05-2023 08:37

1 Attachment(s)
Picture from the crossover episode.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/atta...0&d=1684308887

Beckett Mariner and Brad Boimler from Star Lower Decks/U.S.S. Cerritos at the back - it’s believed this is from episode 7 called, “Those Old Scientists” directed by Jonathan Frakes.

Chris 24-05-2023 18:06

New trailer has dropped, and includes Boimler and Mariner, complete with purple hair and rolled up sleeves. :D

Hugh 24-05-2023 19:09

<squeeeeeeee>

Chris 24-05-2023 22:52

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36152637)
<squeeeeeeee>

Indeed. :D

Press stills are now beginning to emerge.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/atta...1&d=1684965140

GrimUpNorth 15-06-2023 08:58

Episode 1 has just landed, have cleared my diary turned my phone off and put do not disturb on teams.

Chris 29-06-2023 21:32

Excellent second instalment. A deep dive into the show’s lore that had some real emotional depth, and the possibility that an arc of some kind has been set in motion.

Jaymoss 29-06-2023 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36154872)
Excellent second instalment. A deep dive into the show’s lore that had some real emotional depth, and the possibility that an arc of some kind has been set in motion.

Just missing Tribbles hahahaha

Chris 29-06-2023 22:34

Roffle :D

Gotta say Anson Mount is having an easy time of it so far this season, he’s hardly in it …

Paul 30-06-2023 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36154872)

I havent see it yet, but I assume you mean 3rd installment ?

Chris 30-06-2023 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36154906)
I havent see it yet, but I assume you mean 3rd installment ?

Errgh! yes …. :spin:

---------- Post added at 16:28 ---------- Previous post was at 16:25 ----------

(Though the second episode was good as well).

So far we’ve had all the usual Trek tropes:
1. Crew disobeys orders/steals enterprise to rescue a friend
2. Courtroom drama weighing moral issues
3. Time travel to our present day

I can’t believe it’s taken the present production team this long to work out what Star Trek actually is, and to start making it.

Hugh 23-07-2023 09:22

S2e7 trailer, with. Boimler and Mariner

Jaymoss 23-07-2023 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36156929)

Somehow this dropped into my download folder early today

Hugh 23-07-2023 12:24

S2e9 trailer - Subspace Rhapsody

Looks like Strange New Worlds meets Broadway musical…

Jaymoss 23-07-2023 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36156929)

Very amusing episode I must say

I do like the way they are not taking it seriously.

Paul 23-07-2023 14:48

Unexpected, I wasnt aware this was coming out today, I'll have to watch it later.

Hugh 23-07-2023 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36156938)
Very amusing episode I must say

I do like the way they are not taking it seriously.

Loved it - they merged the essence of both series without silliness or forcing things to fit together; very clever writing/acting, both fun and funny.

Some great lines, some very funny, but also, at times, quite moving.

Don’t fast-forward through the opening credits, and the final scene is great.

Paul 23-07-2023 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36156935)
S2e9 trailer - Subspace Rhapsody
Looks like Strange New Worlds meets Broadway musical…

Looks like I'll be skipping most (if not all) of that, I cant stand musicals.

Chris 23-07-2023 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36156942)
Unexpected, I wasnt aware this was coming out today, I'll have to watch it later.

The menu in the TV app still says there are 6 available episodes in season 2 and they’re not promoting it on the front page scroll as they typically would on a Thursday. But the episode is actually there. No idea why. I wouldn’t have thought to even check for it had folk in here not started talking like they’d seen it.

Paul 23-07-2023 19:16

The only reason I knew was I saw it appear on my torrent systems, so I checked if it was legit.

Hugh 23-07-2023 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36156966)
The menu in the TV app still says there are 6 available episodes in season 2 and they’re not promoting it on the front page scroll as they typically would on a Thursday. But the episode is actually there. No idea why. I wouldn’t have thought to even check for it had folk in here not started talking like they’d seen it.

I think it is because they showed it at SDCC 2023 yesterday.

Chris 23-07-2023 19:57

Well I’m glad they did. I’ve just finished it … absolutely brilliant. So well done.

Jaymoss 23-07-2023 20:07

I use Sonarr just add the shows I want and it just downloads them all automatically. Radarr does the same with movies

Paul 24-07-2023 01:48

Just finished watching it, a good episode, well put together, funny and enjoyable.
Loved the initial credits as well as the final scene.

GrimUpNorth 24-07-2023 09:18

I enjoyed it but would have liked to see some animated and real life crossover along the lines of Roger Rabbit.

Hugh 24-07-2023 13:35

1 Attachment(s)
At the end of the latest episode, the First Officer of the USS Cerritos, Jack Ransom, on seeing Boimler’s poster of the USS Enterprise’s First Officer (Una Chun-Riley), says "Hottest Number One ever" (or something like that).

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/atta...7&d=1690207897

Fun Fact - Jack Ransom is played by Jerry O’Connell, and Una Chin-Riley is played by Rebecca Romijn; they are married… :D

Hugh 24-07-2023 18:54

Paramount+ have changed the schedule for the upcoming ST:SNW episodes.

Quote:

SNW S2 • Schedule Adjustment - See Below

As a result of releasing Episode 7 “Those Old Scientists” today at 4 PM Pacific, Paramount+ has adjusted the release schedule through the end of this season:

Episode 8 "Under the Cloak of War" • July 27th
Episode 9 "Subspace Rhapsody" • Aug 3rd
Episode 10 "Hegemony" • Aug 10th

It was announced today Episode 9 will be the expected musical episode (see previous posts for info + trailer), however, the final episode titled, “Hegemony” will bring back the Gorn. The title refers to the official name of the governmental body for the infamous species.

GrimUpNorth 03-08-2023 11:38

Subspace Rhapsody could be my favourite ST episode ever, enjoyed it even more than Trials and Tribble-ations.

Jaymoss 03-08-2023 11:47

Kirk mentioning Carol Marcus too ties in to Wrath of Khan and Project Genesis

excellent episode

GrimUpNorth 03-08-2023 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36157867)
Kirk mentioning Carol Marcus too ties in to Wrath of Khan and Project Genesis

excellent episode

I might be wrong but in the film wasn't Kirk pissed that Carol never mentioned being pregnant?

Edit: So that's my afternoon sorted, time to watch Wrath of Khan again.

Chris 03-08-2023 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36157869)
I might be wrong but in the film wasn't Kirk pissed that Carol never mentioned being pregnant?

Edit: So that's my afternoon sorted, time to watch Wrath of Khan again.

No, Kirk knew Carol had a son.

“I did what you asked. I stayed away.”

GrimUpNorth 03-08-2023 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36157871)
No, Kirk knew Carol had a son.

“I did what you asked. I stayed away.”

Yep, just watching it now "Is that David?".

Also sad to see all those in the film who are no longer with us.

Paul 04-08-2023 01:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36157865)
Subspace Rhapsody could be my favourite ST episode ever, enjoyed it even more than Trials and Tribble-ations.

Horrible episode, skipped a lot of it, cant stand musicals.
I dont know why shows have to do this nonsense, waste of an episode.

Chris 05-08-2023 22:46

Finally caught up with this.

For a musical episode, it was well done. Should they have done it though? Well, I guess so, but only on the basis that it’s almost required of any sci fi/fantasy franchise to do one sooner or later. For me it was no more eye-rollsome than a Dixon Hill holodeck episode or a Wesley-centric story from season 1 or 2. That said, back when Trek was being made for broadcast TV there were more than 20 episodes per season and you could write a handful of them off as filler. When you only get 10-13 episodes per season you hope for a little more out of them.

Meh. Not bad, not good, but won’t be re-watching it at any point.

GrimUpNorth 10-08-2023 13:21

Oh no, don't you just hate cliffhangers.... and with the writers strike who knows how long we'll have to wait to find out what happens.

Good episode though, I enjoyed it. In fact I've enjoyed the whole Strange New Worlds experience.

Jaymoss 10-08-2023 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36158255)
Oh no, don't you just hate cliffhangers.... and with the writers strike who knows how long we'll have to wait to find out what happens.

Good episode though, I enjoyed it. In fact I've enjoyed the whole Strange New Worlds experience.

Don't worry Scotty will change the laws of physics haha

Chris 10-08-2023 21:42

Superb finale/cliffhanger. And an actual Scotsman playing Scotty. And a British actor allowed to say ‘lefftenant’ for the first time in Trek history.

Hugh 10-08-2023 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36158307)
Superb finale/cliffhanger. And an actual Scotsman playing Scotty. And a British actor allowed to say ‘lefftenant’ for the first time in Trek history.

"Lefftenants…"

Agreed - real cliffhanger, and very enjoyable.

Especially liked the line "One of my best students with some of my worst grades"

I was just waiting for the line "They mostly come at night - mostly…"

Paul 11-08-2023 18:37

Finally, another decent episode, they have been rare in this rather disappointing season.

telegramsam 14-08-2023 20:43

Thoroughly enjoyed both season one and season two