Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Nintendo Games Systems (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   wii fit (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33630539)

cuggle 27-03-2008 08:16

wii fit

Has anyone pre ordered or intend getting this? i'm undecided at the moment if it's going to be worth the 70 quid

andyandy 27-03-2008 08:24

Re: wii fit

I did have it on pre-order when I saw it as a bit of an impulse buy.

Ive since decided that it would get used one, then put in a cupboard with the rest of the stuff Ive bought without thinking!!

As a result, I cancelled the order :)

STONEISLAND 27-03-2008 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyandy (Post 34514644)
I did have it on pre-order when I saw it as a bit of an impulse buy.

Ive since decided that it would get used one, then put in a cupboard with the rest of the stuff Ive bought without thinking!!

As a result, I cancelled the order :)

My Mrs wants this badly but for £70 it’s a lot of money. As you say it will get used once then put in the cupboard forever.

Will there be other games coming out in the future to use the board?

Woolly One 27-03-2008 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by STONEISLAND (Post 34514764)
My Mrs wants this badly but for £70 it’s a lot of money. As you say it will get used once then put in the cupboard forever.

Will there be other games coming out in the future to use the board?

Could be used for sking, snowboarding games, etc. Dependant on how the board actually handles:)

Gareth 29-03-2008 12:18

There are some other games planning on using the board, but I'm waiting to see how many materialise before I think about getting this. The games shipped with Wii Fit don't particularly interest me.

Just hope that the developers aren't waiting to see how many people buy the board before releasing compatible games, whilst Joe Public is waiting to see how many developers release compatible games before buying the board.

LSainsbury 25-04-2008 15:19

Well - they are out - anybody got one?

Huwge 25-04-2008 15:47

With all the hype I thought they would be sold out everywhere. The Mrs picked one up from Asda and there were plenty left. Just waiting for her to come home from work now

Wicked_and_Crazy 25-04-2008 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSainsbury (Post 34538037)
Well - they are out - anybody got one?

Yep, mine arrived at lunch time £63 from Game after the Quidco discount is returned

Had quick go at lunch and im pretty impressed

The skiing seems difficult, cheeky thing says im overweight (slightly) but my fitness is below my actual age!

handyman 25-04-2008 16:28

Claires sis got one yesterday and as her wii tends to live at our house most of the time (74" projection screen) then she brought it over.

Had a few goes on it and enjoyed it. Still using the wii sports which came with the wii so they have plenty of endurance with those sorts of 'action' games.

Wicked_and_Crazy 25-04-2008 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by handyman (Post 34538081)
Claires sis got one yesterday and as her wii tends to live at our house most of the time (74" projection screen) then she brought it over.

Had a few goes on it and enjoyed it. Still using the wii sports which came with the wii so they have plenty of endurance with those sorts of 'action' games.

If you like those sorts of games, Mario and Sonic Olympics is also well worth a punt

MovedGoalPosts 26-04-2008 00:12

Our Tesco had sold out by 11:30am, according to the staff there.

I dunno really, the NTHW mob seem to be having a few digs at me that I ought to have been getting this. Nice to know people care about you :cry:

cuggle 26-04-2008 06:49

my bro got it yesterday and it looks good and wish i pre ordered now, i cant get it anywhere :shrug:

LSainsbury 26-04-2008 09:29

Well I got one on reserve at Argos at the moment, but for ~£70 I'm not sure it's worth it...

MovedGoalPosts 26-04-2008 09:35

It's not worth it at £70, when Tesco were doing an offer on it for £65. Trouble is that offer was too popular so it's sold out.

Huwge 27-04-2008 00:04

The wife picked it up from Asda for £65.00 and some pence on day of release. Apart fro registering I've not had a look in yet..kids and wife on it all the time !