Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Gaming Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What game are you playing (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33603962)

Uncle Peter 21-04-2009 18:58

Re: what game are you playing

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiSilence (Post 34780089)
Still playing good old Battlefield 2. And Left 4 Dead.

Left 4 dead is great fun, was having a go of the co-op campaign over the weekend :)

Earl of Bronze 22-04-2009 18:26

I'm still playing WoW, on a lvl 80 Shammie..... Atira of <Praetorian Guards> on Terenas EU.

When not online spanking Hordies and PvE content I'm usually playing Civ4 Beyond the Sword and currently Travian on s2.com.

EvilD 24-04-2009 14:28

Hi
I am currently playing COD 4 and 5 / Lord of the Rings online / World of Warcraft / GRAW / most of the steam based games and a bit of Company of Heroes plus a few others.

dilli-theclaw 24-04-2009 14:32

Starship Command, Imogen and cylon attack.

icestar2 24-04-2009 14:57

Been playing a bit of PKR poker :)

mr_bo 26-04-2009 22:59

All this F1 excitement persuaded me to buy GP4 and trying to update it to 2009 season :)

Tezcatlipoca 26-04-2009 23:00

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (360)

Currently playing the "Escape from Butcher Bay" remake first.

Riddick rocks.

Will21st 27-04-2009 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 34783538)
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (360)

Currently playing the "Escape from Butcher Bay" remake first.

Riddick rocks.

same here.... Butcher Bay first,then dark Athena.Totally forgot how hard thwe game is at times.Also like the strategy choices,you can either blast your way through or be stealthy,very cool. :):sniper:

kingbuxton 17-05-2009 02:29

I grabbed (along with a friend) Killing Floor - it would appear to be a bit buggy! Shame, cos it looks to be a good, late night, CooP laugh. Has anyone managed to get a friends game, via Steam, running, tell me how.

I just bought Defence Grid - I like Tower Defence games (desktop has been updated btw) and the Gfx are quite nice.

Got a new Gfx card so I may go back n play Warhead again.

cimt 17-05-2009 02:33

Killzone 2

I didn't like this at first, but once I sorted out the controls to suit me and played it a bit. I'm really into it now. It's just a shame it's not co-op, it'd be awesome if it was!

kingbuxton 17-05-2009 02:34

Quote:

Left 4 dead is great fun
What do you think of the Survival mode? I think they messed it up. There is no tactic that works, you need to keep a tight group and fire in four directions, then a Tank appears and you have to scatter. Only found the Airport level remotely playable, you have one direction to defend, even then, once Molotovs run out the Tank becomes a bind.

Shame they didn't do it more like the Nazi thing at the end of World at War, allow you to make defences.

It deffo needs the option to turn specials off or at least the Tank off.

Uncle Peter 17-05-2009 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingbuxton (Post 34796836)
What do you think of the Survival mode? I think they messed it up. There is no tactic that works, you need to keep a tight group and fire in four directions, then a Tank appears and you have to scatter. Only found the Airport level remotely playable, you have one direction to defend, even then, once Molotovs run out the Tank becomes a bind.

Shame they didn't do it more like the Nazi thing at the end of World at War, allow you to make defences.

It deffo needs the option to turn specials off or at least the Tank off.

I haven't downloaded it yet but at least it doesn't cost anything. The Nazi zombies mode in COD5 is brilliant though yeah especially with the new map in the dlc pack.

icestar2 17-05-2009 18:13

Been playing Half-Life 2 single player with a friend through a co-op mod as he never really got round to finishing it and was having problems so am there to guide him through lol :)

kingbuxton 17-05-2009 18:25

Quote:

a co-op mod
How playable is it? How does the car/boat work, can you both get into them?

CycoSymz 17-05-2009 18:36

I've just got to the "Entanglement" stage in Half-Life 2.