Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Gaming Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What game are you playing (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33603962)

Callumpy 16-03-2009 00:46

Re: what game are you playing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 34754088)
People like you disgust me!!!:mad::mad:

:(
Jealousy

MadGamer 16-03-2009 01:01

Re: what game are you playing
 
Rock Band - Loving it, though the drums and guitar need more practice lol

Stephen 16-03-2009 01:05

Re: what game are you playing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Callumpy (Post 34754089)
:(
Jealousy

Erm of what:confused:

I am twice your age and been playing games since I was about 4 back on the Toshiba MSX but you probably don't know what that was.

I can play games and am good at them, I don't need to play just to get gamerscore. Mine is at 16,520.

frogstamper 16-03-2009 04:46

Re: what game are you playing
 
Am totally absorbed in Resi 5 at the moment, a truly superb game that has surprisingly lived up to all the hype.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephan
I am twice your age and been playing games since I was about 4 back on the Toshiba MSX but you probably don't know what that was.

you young whippersnapper's don't know how lucky you are nowadays, my first console back in the day was "steam powered", and we were grateful only to be spanked four times daily.
Ahh those were the days...rickets, high child mortality, war, disease, pestilence and famine...but we were appy.:D:

Callumpy 16-03-2009 17:44

Re: what game are you playing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 34754099)
Mine is at 16,520.

16,520 out of over 80,000

Mines 20,855 out of 43,000

icestar2 16-03-2009 18:08

Re: what game are you playing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by frogstamper (Post 34754118)
Am totally absorbed in Resi 5 at the moment, a truly superb game that has surprisingly lived up to all the hype.

Agreed m8, I was hooked on it. After all the crap I seen getting thrown at it for its no run and fire I think it's my fav game this year. Always been a big resident evil fan and I think this one is brilliant to. Explains alot about the story of the whole RE series which I liked to. I'll say it again brilliant game :)

Just got my BF:Heroes beta key so will probably give that a try now.

---------- Post added at 17:08 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callumpy (Post 34754429)
16,520 out of over 80,000

Mines 20,855 out of 43,000

Lol Callumpy no offence intended here but I just dont get the point of all this "I've got more gamescore/trophies than you" I always have and always will play games for the fun of it and because I enjoy either the story or the online.

I never play looking to get gamescore. I just unlock what comes naturally as I go along. Tbh at the end of the days whats all them extra wasted hours trying to get massive gamescore going to get you ? Half the time its just making you do borning things that you wouldn't normally be arsed with.

Callumpy 16-03-2009 18:13

Re: what game are you playing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by icestar2 (Post 34754460)
Lol Callumpy no offence intended here but I just dont get the point of all this "I've got more gamescore/trophies than you" I always have and always will play games for the fun of it and because I enjoy either the story or the online.

I never play looking to get gamescore. I just unlock what comes naturally as I go along. Tbh at the end of the days whats all them extra wasted hours trying to get massive gamescore going to get you ? Half the time its just making you do borning things that you wouldn't normally be arsed with.

Yes, sometimes i do annoying things to get some achievements, but sometimes it does actually make you play more into the game, at the moment ive been trying to get 1000 from Rainbow Six 2 and there is an achievement for 1000 kills, if that wasnt there i probably wouldnt play it as much.

And then there are some that i just cant be arsed to do like Seriously 2.0 on Gears of War 2. Kill 100,000 enemies, thats the only Gears 2 achievement i have left to get but im not going to sit there playing the brumak mission over and over like some people do.

Stephen 17-03-2009 10:15

Re: what game are you playing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Callumpy (Post 34754429)
16,520 out of over 80,000

Mines 20,855 out of 43,000

That kind of proves my point. I play games as I enjoy them, not to collect every achievement. You are clearly playing certain games that have easy gamerscore and ones that let you cheat to get them, i.e. leaving the game to play by itself.

Yes it does make games more fun by having more reasons to play them, but I will not sit and try to claim every achievement.


Playing WWE Smackdown 2009(PS3) and Guitar Hero World Tour (360)

MadGamer 17-03-2009 12:05

Re: what game are you playing
 
Still playing Rock Band, I ordered 4200 MS Points from Play.com so I can download more songs to have a bash at

lauzjp 17-03-2009 15:27

Re: what game are you playing
 
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/ar...lay&gameid=117

somebody help me!!!! I am so rubbish at this game. PM me tips please! :dunce:

Callumpy 17-03-2009 16:38

Re: what game are you playing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 34754873)
That kind of proves my point. I play games as I enjoy them, not to collect every achievement. You are clearly playing certain games that have easy gamerscore and ones that let you cheat to get them, i.e. leaving the game to play by itself.

Yes it does make games more fun by having more reasons to play them, but I will not sit and try to claim every achievement.


Playing WWE Smackdown 2009(PS3) and Guitar Hero World Tour (360)

Thats fair enough, but i do try to claim every achievement.

Playing: Rainbow Six Vegas 2

MadGamer 18-03-2009 16:54

Re: what game are you playing
 
Just downloaded Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger, got 93% on the drums, but that was on easy :)

icestar2 18-03-2009 17:42

Re: what game are you playing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lauzjp (Post 34755101)
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/ar...lay&gameid=117

somebody help me!!!! I am so rubbish at this game. PM me tips please! :dunce:

I remember being addicted to that game a while back. As its curveball that what you have to try and do really (Well I did anyway) as the ball comes back to you and is about to hit your racket thing then move the racket thing lol to the left or right or any direction fast so the ball gets a curve on it as it hits your racket thing. This makes it spin in all crazy directions making it much harder for the CPU player to judge (but not really as its a program lol) Plus you get more points for curving the ball I think.

I do hope that makes sense. It did in my head Honest !

lauzjp 18-03-2009 19:30

Re: what game are you playing
 
thanks for the tips icestar2, I will keep trying! :tu:

Callumpy 18-03-2009 20:54

Re: what game are you playing
 
Playing BioShock


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:15.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.