Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   General IT Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Canon Pixma IP8750 Print problems (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33712580)

Corey N Georgie 30-03-2024 15:49

Canon Pixma IP8750 Print problems

I'm having issues printing with my A3 printer, ive tried replacing all the print cartridges as the printer hasn't been used since Dad passed and ive tried multiple deep cleans and the problem appears to be the large black cartridge as this printer has 2, 1 large and 1 small.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to solve the issue?

Thanks.

Chris 30-03-2024 16:28

Re: Canon Pixma IP8750 Print problems

What’s the problem with the large black cartridge and how have you come to this conclusion?

The large black cartridge has a lower quality ink used for black text, while the smaller one is a higher quality ink used for colour, mostly graphics and photos. But if you’ve replaced all the cartridges and you’re seeing the same problems then it is unlikely to be one of the cartridges that’s the issue.

Canon printers don’t integrate the print head into the ink cartridge as some do. The print head is a permanent fixture of the printer but it does wear out, and as it does it becomes prone to clogging up. You can eke a little more life out of the head by removing it and gently flushing it with clear warm water (no detergent) then allowing it to dry fully before re-seating it. But this only delays the problem. You can buy a new head but they are so expensive it is usually worthwhile to just buy an entire new printer.

Corey N Georgie 30-03-2024 16:48

1 Attachment(s)
This is the test print ive done, ive tried multiple cleans and even tried aligning the print head manually twice.

Chris 30-03-2024 17:03

If it was doing that with the old ink cartridges and it is also doing it with the new ones, I’d say the print head is wearing out. You can try cleaning it, but in fairly short order you are going to need to replace the print head, and if that is not cost effective you are going to have to replace the printer.

Corey N Georgie 30-03-2024 17:15

Is there a site I can find out what printers take the cartridges I have for the printer if I cant get the exact same one?

Chris 30-03-2024 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey N Georgie (Post 36172760)
Is there a site I can find out what printers take the cartridges I have for the printer if I cant get the exact same one?

Try internet-ink.com, I’ve often bought ink there and they have a tool to help you get the right ink.

Corey N Georgie 31-03-2024 15:21

Ive found and ordered another of these printers new from Currys. Thanks all for your help.

Chris 31-03-2024 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey N Georgie (Post 36172790)
Ive found and ordered another of these printers new from Currys. Thanks all for your help.

Yeah, we had a Pixma that suffered a worn out head after several years hard use, and we replaced it with an identical one too. They’re great printers. :D

Corey N Georgie 01-04-2024 16:31

Thanks for your help Chris.

Anonymouse 04-04-2024 18:23

Printers are a problem. In my 40+ years of IT experience, nothing, NOTHING has ever given me as much grief as printing. Even rootkits are easier to deal with. You'd think after so many decades they'd have it down pat by now.
Well, wouldn't you?
I feel your pain, I really do. Hang in there.

Corey N Georgie 06-04-2024 11:09

Ive had my new printer and it works a treat, the other one ive taken a hammer to lol.