Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Phone line cover (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711869)

Itshim 30-04-2023 11:17

Phone line cover

Anyone any idea were I can get a new cover for the entry point of the telephone/ internet cables , even what it is really called would be a help. Mine has disintegrated ,mind you it was fitted in the time of Cable Tel ! Not a virgin van around when you need one:shocked:

GrimUpNorth 30-04-2023 12:10

Re: Phone line cover

I had no idea what they were called either, but guessed many people would search the internet in equal ignorance and use a descriptive term. So I tried Googling 'cable inlet cover' and was pleasantly surprised with the number of companies who supply them.

RichardCoulter 30-04-2023 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36150824)
Anyone any idea were I can get a new cover for the entry point of the telephone/ internet cables , even what it is really called would be a help. Mine has disintegrated ,mind you it was fitted in the time of Cable Tel ! Not a virgin van around when you need one:shocked:

Wouldn't it be Virgins responsibility to supply & replace it?

Itshim 30-04-2023 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36150827)
Wouldn't it be Virgins responsibility to supply & replace it?

Would agree but we're to go , you must know how unhelpful they can be.:erm:

SnoopZ 30-04-2023 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36150829)
Would agree but we're to go , you must know how unhelpful they can be.:erm:

You phone support or make a post on the virgin forums and an engineer will fix it.

Chris 30-04-2023 14:07

It’s called a brick buster plate. Yes, Virgin should come out and deal with it but it’s probably less of a headache to spend £5 on one from Amazon, plus a tube of No More Nails exterior adhesive. Get the job done in minutes.

heero_yuy 30-04-2023 14:11

If the cable is descending from above remember to make sure there's a drip loop in it. (Small loop below the entry point)

Itshim 30-04-2023 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36150830)
You phone support or make a post on the virgin forums and an engineer will fix it.

Postéd on forum. Will wait and see what happens :erm: No joy phoning , rep didnt have a clue what I was talking about when I called , no surprise there.

SnoopZ 30-04-2023 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36150837)
Postéd on forum. Will wait and see what happens :erm: No joy phoning , rep didnt have a clue what I was talking about when I called , no surprise there.

Likely take up to 7 days for a reply although when I posted on there about land line not working they messaged me within a few hours and booked an engineer so it could be shorter especially on a week day.

RichardCoulter 01-05-2023 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36150837)

You weren't wrong about them! That foreign based call centre is totally useless. Good idea to post in their forum

Itshim 01-05-2023 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36150844)
Likely take up to 7 days for a reply although when I posted on there about land line not working they messaged me within a few hours and booked an engineer so it could be shorter especially on a week day.

As it was weekend / bank holiday not expecting anything any time soon:shocked:

Itshim 09-05-2023 18:38

All sorted via forum, engineer coming end of month, no charge . Thank every one for your help