Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Move Number to New Mobile Account (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710397)

RichardCoulter 24-09-2021 16:47

Re: Move Number to New Mobile Account

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36094252)
*sigh* You mean I have to talk to customer services.

Oh boy, the fun begins ........... I honestly think it would be easier for her just to move to Sky.

Myself and the other two daughters have already done that, so easy. Its like Virgin make it harder to stay with them than move. :erm:

VM have stopped PAYG for new customers, so I imagine that she wouldn't be able to continue this with a new account of her own. Their cheapest SIM only is £7 per month with not much data- much better deals are to be had.

I'd get her to move to Sky, if only not to be wound up, messed about and insulted by that dreadful offshore call centre that Virgin Mobile use.

Paul 24-09-2021 18:27

She isnt on PAYG, as I posted previously.

Quote:

30 day rolling contract
No one in our house has used PAYG in the last 15 years.

vincerooney 25-09-2021 20:33

i gave my PNC in today and got a confirmation text it had gone through. number wont change until tuesday mind which is a tad annoying. i thought my old contract would end tuesday but i thought the number would port over to the new contract fairly quickly

Itshim 26-09-2021 21:23

Did it in less than day . Vodafone to Tesco. Never done it before was I just lucky ?

Mr K 26-09-2021 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36094714)
Did it in less than day . Vodafone to Tesco. Never done it before was I just lucky ?

PAC number are done the next weekday, weekends don't count So you probably did it midweek. Ask on a Saturday it'll get done Tuesday, ask on a Monday and it will also be Tuesday.

Paul 27-09-2021 00:04

Yep, as another of my daughters found out, took four days as she activated on a Saturday.

(I did warn her, but you know how they always know better :))

vincerooney 27-09-2021 01:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36094735)
Yep, as another of my daughters found out, took four days as she activated on a Saturday.

(I did warn her, but you know how they always know better :))

I only got my phone saturday so i didnt know whether to do it in advance or wait for my phone to arrive...didnt want it to be delayed and when i had no working phone! Should have taken the gamble!

BenMcr 27-09-2021 09:21

Even if you give your PAC in advance, unless you're moving the number to an already active SIM, the process can't start until the other SIM and account is active.

vincerooney 27-09-2021 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 36094759)
Even if you give your PAC in advance, unless you're moving the number to an already active SIM, the process can't start until the other SIM and account is active.

ah well the more you learn! the person i spoke to on the virgin media forum wanted me to give it early haha.

Ive been told my contract ends 28/09 with o2 i wonder what time my phone number switches over...? in 45 mins or some random time throughout the day? got to go to the office tomorrow so ill have to take both phones potentially haha

Itshim 28-09-2021 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36094723)
PAC number are done the next weekday, weekends don't count So you probably did it midweek. Ask on a Saturday it'll get done Tuesday, ask on a Monday and it will also be Tuesday.

Done ,Monday early evening, all set when I looked Tuesday morning :)