Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33607712)

Daveoc64 15-08-2007 21:45

Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

We've had cable for 11 and half years, we've called them out more times since they've been called "Virgin Media" than when they were "Telewest" and "United Artists" put together.

They were extremely rude on the phone, being told to "be quiet" and to "listen to me" when we tried to explain our problems.

After that they didn't fix the problem we had (and several other people in the street) until we contacted the local engineer directly.

Blaze 16-08-2007 20:52

Generally OK.

Got VM (Then Telewest) in early 2002, the technical support took about 15 mins to answer. Nowadays it's good for me.

Once my cable box crashed on the now loading, i phoned up got straight through and in 5 mins it was fixed.

joekell 27-08-2007 16:02

I think that over all virgin media staff do as good a job as possible.(got say that because wife works there)Considering the learning curve maybe its just your luck who you get. On the other hand when you get a problem I find the engineers, if there is not an obvious solution ,are very hard to work with.

spiderman2 29-08-2007 19:32

all i can add here is that everyone will have some bad & good callers on the phone which will result in a bad or a good experience.
This is not only restricted to the centers in india, it is applicable to the UK centers as well.Its a different story altogether that some people like to share their bad experiences with the outsourced centers only.

TDay 04-09-2007 17:39

I find them friendly and they try to help, but I get different responses from each person I talk to! The first guy was happy to set up the services I wanted installed (phone and broadband), but then said the installation system is down and he'd call me back next day after lunch. He never did phone. So I arrange it online. Still no installation date. I phone them - there's a problem with the cable box...health and safety something-or-rather, 'call back in 2 weeks'. I phone weeks later, (today), they say there's a 'capacity' issue, so I'll have to go to BT!! 125 quid installation fee and hours on the phone to BT? No thanks.

Kellargh 11-09-2007 18:28

In answer to Shan42...no, most of us cannot get Virgin Media in Swansea as they didn't bother putting down enough cable.

'Call center staff have no concept of what channels are available on Virgin, UK or India, if a channel is faulty or a program is missing out of On Demand they have no idea what channel you are on about or what program, does this mean Virgin staff don't have Virgin!!'

I am a member of staff so I don't appreciate that, I constantly clean up the MESS left behind after an offshore agent doesn't leave any notes why the VoD system doesn't work for a customer, but even so...do you really expect a human being to remember EVERYTHING on the VoD system (in regards to what programmes are there)? It gets updated every day...even when if you have virgin, that's a stupid comment.

CAN ANYONE HERE HONESTLY SAY THEY REMEMBER THE ORDER OF EVERY CHANNEL ON THE VIRGIN EPG? AND WHAT CHANNEL EACH NUMBER REPRESENTS?

Christ sake.

Daveoc64 12-09-2007 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellargh (Post 34394286)
I am a member of staff so I don't appreciate that, I constantly clean up the MESS left behind after an offshore agent doesn't leave any notes why the VoD system doesn't work for a customer, but even so...do you really expect a human being to remember EVERYTHING on the VoD system (in regards to what programmes are there)? It gets updated every day...even when if you have virgin, that's a stupid comment.

CAN ANYONE HERE HONESTLY SAY THEY REMEMBER THE ORDER OF EVERY CHANNEL ON THE VIRGIN EPG? AND WHAT CHANNEL EACH NUMBER REPRESENTS?

Christ sake.

I would expect the staff to be able to see on-screen a list of channels, what packages they are in and which parts of the network can get them.

Similarly with VOD.

Kellargh 12-09-2007 22:31

We don't have a system on PC that works correctly, let alone provide us with that information!!

Florence 13-09-2007 00:47

I have had cable Internet since 2000 seen the companies come and go worked my way through tech support..

For me I had the best service from the UK tech support, all my India call center ones were unhelpful. I would only phone if I had no Internet for over 2 hours in the end mainly prayingf it would come back and save me calling them.

Few years on and still using the modem they constantly said was faulty when every time it was the network, green box at fault. Lost days of work for engineers that failed to arrive due the them either not booking him or forgetting to say he wouldn't be coming since it wasn't the modem. This was after I explained they do it every time blame the modem and book an engineer who never comes. Finally promised a call if he wasn't coming but no I wait in most of the day lose pay and he doesn't come. Had I gone to work and he arrived I would have been charged so I was in a no win situation.

Now getting really cheesed of with the route NTL/telewest=Virgin are going they are killing the goose that could lay them the golden egg. They need to backtrack and see what customers main complaints are then try to improve.. Nothing has changed it is still the blind leading the blind milking the bank balance and run with large bonuses for failing to improve our service.

Shame Richard Branson did want to improve things and get our call centers back over here instead he is leaving the sinking ship as they will not let him improve our service. As for being charged for tech support if this is there way of ripping us of more then I will be looking out for the next offer from BT to have a BT line back and moving to ADSL at least I can choose who I go with and only shortlist those with UK call centers.

Pittcity 16-09-2007 16:13

Phoned CS on 150 the other day to ask about paying the £100 up front for V+ box and then £5 a month offer. Despite the advisor having not heard of the offer and having to ask a supervisor before taking my payment and applying the discount to my bill, I was on the phone for a total of 8 minutes.......Is this some kind of a record? It is for me!!

ajwwood 24-09-2007 15:31

I had had about 6 months of issues regarding daily dropped broadband connections and connection errors with On demand. I had a total of 7 engineers out, the 6th engineer called after I had to write to the CEO's office and complain as "Ryan" from complaints just loved sending standard text letters back thanking me for my complaint letters. That engineers diagnosed a REPULL was needed which was done by the 7th engineer which has cured my problems. Why this wasn't spotted earlier by the Agents on the desk or more importantly the engineers I don't know. I even had the STB and modem changed by them, seems that was just a throw away fix. Frustration? ...tell me about it!
A. :mad:

bonzoe 03-10-2007 19:03

UK call centre has been ok, India....................waste of time and put me through to wrong dept, held in queue for 30min, then put transferred to another queue for 30 min.

Copperfaced Jack 04-10-2007 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajwwood (Post 34402452)
I had had about 6 months of issues regarding daily dropped broadband connections and connection errors with On demand. I had a total of 7 engineers out, the 6th engineer called after I had to write to the CEO's office and complain as "Ryan" from complaints just loved sending standard text letters back thanking me for my complaint letters. That engineers diagnosed a REPULL was needed which was done by the 7th engineer which has cured my problems. Why this wasn't spotted earlier by the Agents on the desk or more importantly the engineers I don't know. I even had the STB and modem changed by them, seems that was just a throw away fix. Frustration? ...tell me about it!
A. :mad:

Been there too. Months of aggro and frustration, VM inaction, no replies to e-mails, Indian call centres telling me my PC had a virus led to me finally losing patience. I cancelled ALL services. They then requested to send an engineer out prior to me cancelling (after other engineers had been out and said nothings wrong). Anyway, new engy also diagnosed that a repull was needed which was quickly done and service is now better but not great.
Despite this I am still going ahead with the cancellation because i will not pay an overpriced rate for a second rate broadband service and third rate customer service.
It may be better but wayyyyyy too late - I'm gone to adsl2 and a bit more stability.
VM appear adept at trying to arrange deckchairs on the sinking monolith that is VM - they just don't see it.

johnymoonbase 05-10-2007 15:48

Apart from India the customer services is excelent. I feel sorry for the customer services people. They must take a lot of abuse. I am not unhappy with customer services I am unhappy with the services I pay for that are always going off. It seems to me like the company thinks if customer services lick my but enough I will not be upset that my internet has gone off for the third time this month. I do not care how nice the customer services poeple are to me I will still be upset my Internet has gone off again.

The problem with Virgin is they take too long to repair area faults. According to technical support we had a signal issue for 3 months before it got fixed. A mate of mine has had intermittent issues in his area for 6 months and it is still not fixed. Now that is what upsets me.

If the services did not go off so often and when they did go off they were fixed quickly I would be happy. I know things breakdown or go wrong but should it take months to fix them? One time my phone line went down and I was asked to wait nine days for a technician to call at my house. My phone is very important to me. I suppose Virgin assume I have a mobile phone so it is ok for me to wait nine days?

So for me my customer dissatisfaction is not with customer services but with the services themselves. They go off too often and are not fixed quickley enough. Change that and I will be happy.

Harry56 10-10-2007 20:10

Watching the BBC's "Watchdog" programme tonight (10/10/07) I think it just confirmed that Virgin Media's customer service is absolutely rubbish......as if we didn't know that.

savvychels 11-10-2007 14:00

I haven't had a reason to call them for a while, but called a couple of days ago to advise of a fault I thought might be an area fault (but had been going on a few hours). Called 3x - first to see if there was a logged fault (they said there wasn't). 2nd to report the fault (as it was another couple of hours on and still going on) to which they tested and said it was likely an area fault but booked the tech just in case. 3rd time was to cancel the tech as it was resolved (so must have been an area fault). They answered straight away every time and I was shocked there was no queue! All in all - it seems to be getting better

snazzy 20-10-2007 23:33

I have to say, since virgin took over it's been the worse I have known any company ever. I am 45 years old, and I have never dealt with such poorly trained and badly informed staff. It is clear that each department does not share information.

I thought Virgin were are great company, and maybe they took over something that was already going sour, but do me a favour please. 25p per min tech support plus 10p connection charge when it's your fault! something wrong there. Something very wrong. Also it would be a great help if I could actually understand what the person on the other end of the line was saying. Maybe it is English, but that accent is so thick, I feel i may as well be talking about what to order to eat.

When the support was in Wales it was fantastic, why has it been changed to this ramshackle of an excuse?

grocerjack 24-10-2007 09:05

I posted on a thread here about a month ago on the disgraceful issues I've had with VM and trying to migrate to the XL VIP package for £85. I've been on cable since it was Nynex then C&W who ran the franchise, through to NTL before VM. Despite several painful and very long and fruitless phone calls over several months where all I got was Indian call centre staff and subsequent diversions to incorrect or unknown departments, they still hadn't "merged" my apparently separate phone and TV accounts. Apparently this was down to NTL who moved the physical TV and phone cable when I moved in 2000 but never adjusted the billing info. So, my phone was left registered at my previous address and my TV pack was registered at my current address. Funny how they always managed to bill me for the phone, but apparently I was being billed at my current address for a phone they had located at my previous address!

Anyway, after some initial sympathy and help from a member here I then sent the full unexpurgated version to VM via the Contact Us section on their web site. No word of a lie, within 15 minutes I had received a call from a lovely lady at the Chief exec's office, firstly sympathising with me, then taking a full detailed account of everything and then promising me solemnly to get the whole issue fixed. She then rang back within a further hour and asked me for some technical details on my set up (V+ Box and 2 normal STB's) and the asset/serial numbers on boxes and cards. Then she disappeared into the ether saying she would call back no later than a week afterwards. For one week I heard nothing, but she had stated she would call me when things were being fixed. Of course 5 days into the week I assumed the whole thing had gone down the usual black hole. However, she had left me her details and personal contact number and email, so I bided my time, storing up my departure speech for the week anniversary of her call. One week to the day, and almost the hour i got a call from my better half saying the whole TV had gone mental with channels disappearing and re-appearing and blue screens etc. Before I could call this lady though she called me and explained that the account merger and upgrade was happening there and then and that she was with the engineers doing the work! One hour later and all the services were back. My first bill arrived, fully merged and for the first time since getting the V+ box and going on the XL pack in February I had the right bill!

My point here is that nothing can replace such personalised service in changing the perspective of a customer undergoing the customer service hell that I had. I have always been happy with the package and quality of the products/services I get from VM, even to the point of being fully supportive of them in their spat with Murdoch International! This one person, by taking time to listen and understand, has turned my perception of VM the full 180! I work for a big mobile phone company and we have learnt the value of UK based call centres and excellent customer service. Lets hope VM stop looking at the bottom line and return to UK call centres and genuine customer care.

snazzy 24-10-2007 15:51

Now if only everyone like me could get that kind of service we'd be on to a winner. My problem is with my broadband constantly thinking I'm a brand new user and my having to enter PID numbers all the time. On Sunday I had to do this four times. I too have had someone call me. I took the time to actually write in, but it still has not been resolved. If I did not rely on them for my TV, Phone and Broadband I wouldn't even be having this chat, I'd be long gone down the road.

mark1234 25-10-2007 16:36

Just to add my experience from the past week:

I've had an intermittant fault on my broadband where it would just cut out for a few seconds, then come back. This went on for a couple of weeks before I phoned the support line on Saturday.

I'd expected some annoying response along the lines of "have you tried disabling your firewall?" but to my absolute surprise the lady I spoke to tried none of that. She had me make the token gesture of unplugging and reconnecting all the cables on the back of the modem, but basically just booked an engineer to come around. Also no issue refunding the call charge, she just did it.

What was an intermittant fault became a permanent fault, so I phoned back on Monday to ask if there was an appointment available sooner than the one I'd already arranged. There was, and the chap I spoke to just rearranged it with no hassle.

The engineer came yesterday morning, sometime between 10 and 10:30 and within 5 minutes or so had swapped out my old ntl:100 modem for a new Virgin 255 model. I was a bit suspicious when he said that it needed an hour to work it's way through Virgin's systems before it would work, but I left it and went to work. Got back from work, reset the router as the engineer had said I'd have to, and all sorted.

Not only did my broadband start working again, I'm also now getting the full 4Mb of the L package, rather than the 3Mb that the old modem was giving me.

So, happy customer here. Thank you Virgin.

:)

grabbi 25-10-2007 17:46

In a word, yes... in bigger word, absolutely!

Ive been having problems with that more so over the past 3 months, and the complaint was outstanding for 60 days! Now they are "Looking into it" which I dont believe, and I called up to cancel today. Said they will call back tomorrow to confirm it.

Shame really. The technology is brilliant, its just monkeys in charge that naff it up.

tdadyslexia 03-11-2007 20:34

Hi All

First time on here and all becouse of Virgin.

I am only a Virgin Media Broadband customer now, and it looks like I won't be for much longer.

I get india when phoning Technical Support for my Broadband the line reception is rubbish, and on one of the calls to try and solve a problem they disconnected me. :doh:

I will not be phoning up again, it is the worst Customer Support Centre that I know of, and to top it off they don't speak English or understand English. :dunce:

If I need Technical Support again I may end up leaving them by canceling my subscription - yes it's that bad. :mad:

My connection Cuts off daily, Virgin Media have stopt me from using the proxy server, watt an NTL Technical Support gived me back in 2003, to help stop this problem from going on. :no:

It is a known problem, well don Virgin Media. :grind: :afire: :mad:

vmtec 03-11-2007 21:01

well belive it or not custer service for staff is just as bad in india and as useless as a bake bean in a microwave

discoade 04-11-2007 12:33

Every time i have rang them with a problem they have added a credit to my account! £25 first time then 2 at £5. keeps on like this i wont need to pay a bill! over all i dont have a problem with them ;)

UK_Joe 18-11-2007 21:30

OK I'm new here..... So give me a little lattitude.

First of all I have like most of you 3 of their services,, Telephone, Tele, and broadband.

Telephone works fine.. lift reciever punch a few numbers and I find someone on the other end.. Life is so simple really...

Television.. well... Its patchy at best... the new service Virgin1 is a joke..It seems to be a channel of nothing but repeats.. They lost Sky1 I understand their reasons and I support them. What sky were asking for was tantamount to blackmail...but here is the rub.. as a gesture to us the paying customers.. Virgin gave us a selection of repeats.. yes ok I got reduction in my bill and an increase of my services in componsation.. but I had to fight for it..the television signal is blocky, always have to reboot the digibox to clear its cache.. usual stuff...

Broadband... omg what a joke... now I am not on the largest package..I have a 4Mb connection, Now thereis nothing wrong with my download speed.. mostly.. it hovers around the 2-3Mb my upload speed is around 56kbps.. which is terrible.. Your speak to The "Technical experts.." and you are talked through the connect this, disconnect this reboot that scenario. all spoken by somebody who's only experiance in computing is switching on a monitor and typing in his/her password. Then you have to pay for the call. ( which the do not reimburse even when they say they will. )

They forget that the average 12yr old knows more about computers than the average 40yr old.

The crux of the problem is... "We are the customers" We pay ( in advance ) for a service. If we are not given that service we are entitled to a rebate in the cost of that service. or if you would really like to get nasty about it, The service supplier is in breach of contract.. either way// it is up to us the customers to not ask... but demand a better service. the only way to do this is for every bad day of service demand a rebate for that day..

ok I have finished with this tirade

many thanks for reading it.. ( if you stayed awake that long )

Time to get onto customer services once again..

Joe
:rolleyes:

)3az )3aziah 28-11-2007 23:04

I'm new here. I've been with Virgin ala Telewest ala Cableinet ala Cable since 1995. got my Phone, TV and Internet with them.

Prior to the Virgin takeover things went just fine Telephone worked without a fault, TV was great -OK a few problems now and again but nothing major and Internet ran fast, smooth and 80% fault free.

Then came Virgin...

Telephone, line quality is awful at best. Prices went up free calls went bye bye and my caller disply that was free with telewest suddenly stopped working and I now have to pay for it -WHY ? Also my ex-directory status was removed and I had to PAY to get it back. Overall my ratings: Before Virgin 9/10 with Virgin 4/10

TV, Picture quality is at best average. They tell me its my TV thats the problem -well that TV had excellent picture quality with telewest -maybe the changeover broke it !
A lot of channels are pixelated to hell and boy can you notice it on a big screen.
I have to reset my set top box 3 to 4 times a week. I constantly get "no information" when I try to see whats on using there wonderful guide.
Interactive is a joke, I can walk to the shop buy a newspaper read what on TV that night all in less time than it takes the guide to load itself.
Loss of Sky TV -OK I can see there reasons for it, but to replace it with a repeats channel and say that more than makes up for the loss is a joke. Rating: Before 8/10 Now 3.5/10

ISP
CRAP.
I'm on 10meg -told its 20 and lucky if I get 2.5. Yes I've tried other PC's with the connection and they all get the same speed so its not the hardware.
The CS line is more than a joke, you are lucky if you get a person who can speak English and spends half the call time asking you to repeat what you last said as they fail to understand you. Then you get a stupid scripted attempt to rectify the problem each and every time is the same old crap "Please be turning off your machine and waiting 30 seconds before restarting it... (yeah I'm paying good money for this crap) "Now please be removing the cable that connects your modem to the pc and turning it around so the connection from the PC is now in the modem... Thank you for doing that, please now be restarting your machine..." WHY WHY WHY and all that when you are calling because the modem is broken, you know its broken because NO GREEN LIGHTS are on the bloody thing. Still they ask you to do the same thing, I asked on "Techie" if standing on my head would help -appears they have not been through Sense of humour 101 and asked how I could do that...
Rating Before 8/10 Now 0/10 Total crap.

Rant over...

y=mx+c 28-11-2007 23:22

“Hello sir , how may I be helping you today sir?”
“I have a fault with my telephone”
“Thanking you very much, please be unplugging your box and rebooting your box”
“No my set top is okay, its my phone line, its gone dead…”
“Pardon I not be understanding, sir. Thanking you very much, please be rebooting your box.”
“No… No.. my cable box is fine…”
“Pardon I not be understanding, sir. Thanking you very much, please be rebooting your box.”
“Okay! Ive done that and could I now address the question of my faulty telephone line?”
“Thanking you very much, please be taking out the smart card and be cleaning it from dust sir.”
“Eh? My box is fine.”
“Pardon I not be understanding, sir. Thanking you very much, please be taking out the smart card and be cleaning it from dust sir.”
“…I give up…I want to disconnect!”
“Thanking you very much, please be taking out the smart card and be cleaning it from dust sir.”
“Is poor customer service indicative of Virgin?”
“Pardon I not be understanding, sir. Thanking you very much, please be taking out the smart card and be cleaning it from dust sir.”

Say no more - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6353491.stm

ih8virgin 04-12-2007 16:34

This is how good their customer service is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o3984QR1rI&feature=user
Unbelivable:o

lostandconfused 06-12-2007 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ih8virgin (Post 34445818)
This is how good their customer service is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o3984QR1rI&feature=user
Unbelivable:o

not really that is the old CS number, there is a pre-recording to let people know that the number has changed, so people that dont know it has are informed. Soon that number will be removed.

ih8virgin 06-12-2007 23:11

No I mean they are conning non virgin landline phone owners out of their money.

lostandconfused 06-12-2007 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by ih8virgin (Post 34447540)
No I mean they are conning non virgin landline phone owners out of their money.

I still dont see how they are conning non virgin LL phone owners out of their money?

an 0800 number costs to run, someone has to pick up the tab.

A quick search on saynoto0870.com came up with about 30 different numbers that you can use to get through.

Im sure if everyone of VM customers were that bothered they would happily re-instate a free phone number and pass on the charge, say an extra £1 a month?

FTTM 18-12-2007 17:05

First Post...

I've been with Virgin Media since the Cable London days and been generally satisfied.
All that has changed...
I've got 2 on-going faults, slow BB after 4pm (along with everyone else) and recordings on my V+ box ending after 30mins.
I called Virgin. 45mins later, having spoken to 8 different people, having been lied to, ignored, transfered, fobbed off, cut off and generally not helped in anyway...
They admit that both problems are their fault and that neither will be fixed anytime soon. However, I can't claim compensation UNTIL both problems are fixed by them!
Any suggestions?

KillswitchEdge 21-12-2007 02:07

Called VM's CS department 3 times in the last year.

First time was to drop a TV package. They were pleasant enough, did what we asked them to and were very helpful.

Second time was a few weeks ago when the northwest of England had an "unscheduled downtime" as far as net services went. I rang, got through to India, spoke to a nice woman who informed me that the problem was temporary and would be fixed by 2pm. 2pm came and on the dot it came back up. Thumbs up.

Third time was today, I rang to see if I could try and wangle a retentions deal out of them for being a long-time NTL/VM customer. Currently on the 4mb service with TV size M and phone line, total cost at the mo is 40 per month. VM offered me an upgrade to 20Mb and the TV up to size L for only 10 quid extra per month. Sorted.

All in all, very helpful, definitely moreso than NTL ever were.

I swear, the number of times I called NTL's tech support and prefaced my explanation of the problem with the phrase "I've reset the modem and rebooted my PC and it didn't work" and they've immediately said "Okay, did you try resetting the modem and rebooting?" is astounding. Haven't had the opportunity to try it with VM yet, mind you :P

janet bundy 11-01-2008 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinglebarb (Post 34218043)
voted hit and miss as this week ive experienced both sides, Firstly whilst my net was off I called tech and was given the usual run around test this test that even though the modem ready wouldnt fix and was obviously something network related. Was lied to about fix dates to get me into the weekend and then Indian call centre zone that was as much use as a chocolate teapot but this was all made good by 2 knowledgable engineers coming round and replacing all my old connectors (installed when they dug the street up many years ago and old type) thus giving me back the world so its a :tu: engineers and :td: for tech support.
Then I had my first bill after tv drive and what mess that was I was charged for 2 months BB I was given some of the discounts others were missed and my billing date was changed to mid march from end feb. The end figure somehow was about right but I called to make sure everything was on my account properly. A loverly lass answered straight away saw I was over charged for BB and said she would credit it.I then said this would make my bill to low and she replied so what we have made a mistake this is the easiest way to sort it and of course I said thank you very much . Big :tu: to CS :)

hi i have been a ntl customer for years and i also had a mobile phone contract with virgin ,i found ntl very efficient and extremly flexable unlike sky who where exact oppisite , but there call answer time was appalling . as for virgin mobile i found them very good at answer time , but very inflexable if extremely plesant , i stayed with virgin media when all this carry on was going on with sky which i dont pretend to fathom . i desided to go for the vigin mobile sim offer 300 min 300 texts for 10 quid a month , well it was ages coming and i though i was not entitled to it so i kept my old contract on , then a sim card arrived i was stupid and activated it only to realise i didnt need it as i had only just had a virgin home phone installed , i though i would have to pay for a year before i could cancel , i assumed that virgin would not cut me any slack , well i was wrong they where great and let me cancel , so a miracle has occured two big companys have merged and retained the best of both WELL DONE

ihatevirgin 13-01-2008 21:37

I HATE VIRGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i joined them 5 months ago and my phone still doesnt work yet they are send ing me bills for calls its impossible for me to make, tried expalining this several times to the retards on the phone and because the computer saysi ts all working then i must be mistaken, then you end up being passed over to an indian call centre saying the same thing and they dont know **** about ****
the phone didnt even get installed till 3 months after i joined virgin are that useless

my 20mb conenction is terrible, i get speeds under 512KB in normal hours

the basic tv package is worse than freeview so i never turn it on

snazzy 14-01-2008 15:30

I would strongly advise that you write a letter stating the above. Try to tone it down a wee bit, and await a phone call. I found this to be much better than talking to them if it involves the Indian call centre.

It may take two weeks before they call, but will be better all round. Seeing as you have several packages, have you tried going through retentions? I find they are a bit more useful.

Mikey845 09-02-2008 21:13

Well VM has be ok with me when I can actually get hold of them, which is about a quarter of the time....
Pretty much every email I send doesn't get a reply and hours of waiting on the phone to then be cut off before I get to speak to anyone!
My panties have been pulled down and I've been bent over a barrel :2up:

lsproc 24-02-2008 09:52

I called recently about being unable to access the internet. The guy on the phone told me that there was an outage (that wasnt on service status). Well done, you made it very quick and easy :D

Now will I get my 50p back...;)

smeagoly1 26-02-2008 09:11

Been hit and miss, while it was telewest I had 100% positive experiences with tech and help desks. Since the rebrand, not so. I have been with Telewest/VM for 8-10 years.
Several issues, mainly covered in lots of other threads by people regarding overseas tech support.

The main gripe I have now, due to a forced flat move I phone up asking what was involved as the new flat will not have cable access. Quite offhand was told "well you will owe us £240" No offer of what non cable packages could be on offer. As you can understand this put me out quite a bit.
A week or so later after looking at various adsl packages and checking my new flats conections, I phon up sales again. This time quite a different person with a very helpfull attitude. In a nutshell She said "well if you do stay with virgin , you will just get a new 1 year adsl contract, as long as you have a BT line installed and don't have to pay off the remainder of my BB XL and TV cablepackages" happier bunny i felt then.

So it's just working out the better adsl package to go for. Especially as the BT line just needs activated and no install fee.
It's just a pitty my first call left a sour feeling with me.

webcrawler2050 26-02-2008 11:38

So far so good.

We have been on and off with them for a few years, we started years ago - when they where Diamond Cable then to NTL which was shocking, went to ADSL and boy did I regret that. no back with VM and pretty happy - allthough kept my telly with Sky. Just because I like it! :)

Going to be puting it to some tests later on this evening, once ive got the LAN setup :)

frogstamper 03-03-2008 02:53

Generally my Virgin services [bb-tv-phone] run pretty smoothly, but I dread having to call customer support and being put through to the Indian sub-continent, although on the whole the people are polite its just the language barrier, I'm forever saying "can you repeat that please", sometimes its so bad I have hung up and redialled in the hope of getting somebody easier to understand, thank god 150 is still free!!

Hating_waiting 05-04-2008 16:40

I had my Virgin Media services installed a year ago. Broadband, television and phone line.
At the begining of February 2008, some builders cut through the cable that feeds my house causing me to lose all my services.
I informed Virgin Media of this the day it happened but as yet I am still waiting for my services to be reconnected. I have been without services now for over NINE WEEKS!!
I have so far called customer services 24 times. No one can tell me when the problem will be fixed as they say it is a construction issue, however, they have still sent me 6 install technicians that are powerless to help me as my services are installed already.
I have been given 5 different dates for when customer services 'think' it 'may' be fixed but so far it has not happened.
In the mean time I have been sent threatening bills, made up mostly of ADVANCE charges!
I have spent so much time, and money (mobile phone credit) trying to get some sort of answer and explination from these people. I have now started emailing them aswell. I sent my first email on the 30th March, and, despite being sent a reply saying they will look into my complaint and get back to me within 48 hours I have heard nothing. I have just sent my second email today, 5th April. So we will see what happens next!

Hate to Wait? Ha thats a laugh!

frogstamper 05-04-2008 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hating_waiting (Post 34521588)
I had my Virgin Media services installed a year ago. Broadband, television and phone line.
At the begining of February 2008, some builders cut through the cable that feeds my house causing me to lose all my services.
I informed Virgin Media of this the day it happened but as yet I am still waiting for my services to be reconnected. I have been without services now for over NINE WEEKS!!
I have so far called customer services 24 times. No one can tell me when the problem will be fixed as they say it is a construction issue, however, they have still sent me 6 install technicians that are powerless to help me as my services are installed already.
I have been given 5 different dates for when customer services 'think' it 'may' be fixed but so far it has not happened.
In the mean time I have been sent threatening bills, made up mostly of ADVANCE charges!
I have spent so much time, and money (mobile phone credit) trying to get some sort of answer and explination from these people. I have now started emailing them aswell. I sent my first email on the 30th March, and, despite being sent a reply saying they will look into my complaint and get back to me within 48 hours I have heard nothing. I have just sent my second email today, 5th April. So we will see what happens next!

Hate to Wait? Ha thats a laugh!

Welcome to CF hating_waiting, great name by the way, this is truly ridiculous 9 weeks waiting for what should be a relatively simple repair. When you say the builders cut through your cable I take it you mean in your driveway, because I seem to remember that the customer is liable for the repair IF the cable is buried at the correct depth, below 6 inches. A similar thing happened to me about 5 years ago, the drive was being re-tarmacked and Id told the builders about the cable and where it was and that it should be at least 6 inches down. Anyway surprise, surprise it was about 2 inches down and they went straight through it, it was only because my sister worked at VM, of course then Cable and Wireless, that I was aware of the depth issue and it was repaired within the week.
Obviously I don't know if this applies in your case but if it does its certainly worth mentioning. Even so the nine week wait is intolerable, it might be worth sending VM a letter saying you expect to be reconnected within a reasonable time, eg two weeks, or you will be terminating your contract, surly they cant expect you to continue paying for a service you do not receive. Anyway best of luck.

Hating_waiting 07-04-2008 16:44

Hi frogstamper!

The cable that was cut is in the middle of the road and was cut by contracters laying cables for some new flats. As I liveon a very busy main road the 'repull' as VM keep calling it has to be done in the middle of the night. They know this but still send me install tech guys, that I have to wait in for!
I have just emailed the complaints department again cause despite saying they will get back to me within 48 hours I am STILL WAITING!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!:mad:

c_owl 07-04-2008 19:21

had a problem with my broadband 2 months ago, they replaced my box and gave me 1 month free. and i only wanted faster broadband

chickendippers 07-04-2008 20:10

@ Hating_waiting, you might have more luck posting on the support Newsgroup: http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/newsgroups/

I don't bother phoning any more, I just post there.

Hating_waiting 07-04-2008 20:54

Thanks for that! I will try, just called VM though, was told that customer complaints may take a while to reply as they are 'Very busy' Ha! hardly suprising really!

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

Chickendippers!

App VM Newsgroup is only availiable to VM customers, I can't connect to the internet through VM until they fix it. You could post for me if you think it will get me any where!?

lostandconfused 08-04-2008 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hating_waiting (Post 34523006)
Hi frogstamper!

The cable that was cut is in the middle of the road and was cut by contracters laying cables for some new flats. As I liveon a very busy main road the 'repull' as VM keep calling it has to be done in the middle of the night. They know this but still send me install tech guys, that I have to wait in for!
I have just emailed the complaints department again cause despite saying they will get back to me within 48 hours I am STILL WAITING!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!:mad:

They shouldnt have bothered sending out install techs, but if the cable that has been cut is in the middle of a busy road that does explain why it has taken so long.

Firstly construction needs to be booked, as VM dont install new cables anymore they are a fairly small dept.

Also permision needs to be granted by the council to dig up a road, especially if its a busy main road. Emergency work such as water, gas etc gets the priority whereas cable TV is seen as a luxury so takes a back burner and councils tend to drag their feet in granting permission.

Hating_waiting 08-04-2008 13:02

Your right, but I was told that permission had been given two weeks after the cable got cut, VM did not tell the construction team about the work because of 'human error' apparently! My main gripe is that I have had no information from VM as to what is going on. I have had to phone and email them. The only correspondence I have had is a threatening bill!

frogstamper 08-04-2008 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostandconfused (Post 34523409)
They shouldnt have bothered sending out install techs, but if the cable that has been cut is in the middle of a busy road that does explain why it has taken so long.

Firstly construction needs to be booked, as VM dont install new cables anymore they are a fairly small dept.

Also permision needs to be granted by the council to dig up a road, especially if its a busy main road. Emergency work such as water, gas etc gets the priority whereas cable TV is seen as a luxury so takes a back burner and councils tend to drag their feet in granting permission.

Lostandconfused if I could just pick your brain for a min, I remember many moons ago the guys who were laying the cable for Nynex saying to me that if they cut through one of the utilities cables that Nynex were liable. Is this still the case if as above a company cuts through VMs cable?:confused:

lostandconfused 08-04-2008 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogstamper (Post 34523584)
Lostandconfused if I could just pick your brain for a min, I remember many moons ago the guys who were laying the cable for Nynex saying to me that if they cut through one of the utilities cables that Nynex were liable. Is this still the case if as above a company cuts through VMs cable?:confused:

I'm not 100% but i would imagine so. VM would do the repair but would bill the company that caused the damage. I know if a customer cuts the cable in their garden they are liable so would imagine it would be the same in the street.

bizzybee 12-04-2008 15:58

In 2005, I was a Virgin dial-up customer. When I got a new pc, I gave my old one to my disabled younger brother – who lives 100+ miles away. He can’t work, lives on disability allowances, etc, and has two carers with him each day to help him. I rang Virgin to ask how I could arrange for him to get Virgin broadband. I explained that I would be paying and managing the account as so doing was beyond the scope of his capabilities. I was advised that the service would need to be taken out in his name, since the BT line at his address was in his name and the necessary broadband setup could not be completed if the names were different. I therefore took this advice and set up a new broadband account in his name. I gave his address and my card details, set up the security information on the account, the service was installed and I paid each month via direct debit using my debit card.

In February 2006, I logged into the account and tried to update my card details as it was due to expire at the end of that month. However, this was not possible because upon entry of my cardholder address, a presumption was made that the broadband service was to be discontinued at my brother’s address and transferred instead to my address.

I e-mailed Virgin’s Support Team for advice. An exchange of e-mails followed, the outcome of which was that I should telephone Customer Services “… to arrange to have the bill sent out to your home address or any other available option.”

I telephoned on four separate occasions between the 14th and 20th February 2006 and on every such occasion, was advised that “someone” would need to call me back; though a note was taken of my telephone number, no call came. (I should say that we have had an answering machine and BT’s call waiting for several years now so it is not easy to miss a call.)

When my brother mentioned around this time that his computer was not working very well and that he therefore rarely switched it on as he was able to access his hotmail account and the internet from a college pc, you can probably imagine how much less urgent it became to me to communicate my new card information to Virgin Net, particularly as we had also suspended our home dial up account in favour of a new broadband account via another provider during 2005. He had stopped using the Virgin account so I imagined that, rather like an unpaid telephone or utility bill, delivery of the service would not continue once payments had stopped — which they surely would, in the absence of current card information — and sent a final e-mail stating that if they did not want my new card details, then we did not want the service and to cancel it.

How wrong I was. I was horrified when my brother mentioned in December that he had received a telephone call “… saying I owe Virgin £300 or something…” Of course, he had no name or contact details of the person from whom this call came, nor (he assured me) had he received any written communication about it.

I e-mailed Virgin and included the previous e-mail correspondence and a brief outline of the history, and requested information about the status of his account. They replied saying that no information could be disclosed since the account is not held in my name and I should telephone Customer Support… I continue to await the return of my call made on 27th December 2007.

In January, my brother received a letter from Garlands Debt Collection and Credit Management Services which stated that he owed £329.78 in respect of his Virgin Media Account. I immediately telephoned Garlands and, after confirming the account security information, and explaining the circumstances, was told that the current situation is nobody’s fault but mine and was offered a discount of 50% on the sum owing if I would settle immediately via credit card. I declined.

Once again, I telephoned Virgin’s Customer Support and explained all of the above. The chap listened patiently, then advised me that he could not discuss any aspect of this account with me since it is not held in my name. He put my call through to a more senior member of staff who further confirmed that although I am the person who set up this account, I am the only person who has ever made payments in respect of it, and I am the only person who is in a position to settle it, it was “…more than my life is worth to discuss it with anyone other than the named account holder.”

Whilst I understand that the terms of the Data Protection Act exist to protect both the privacy and property of the individual, I cannot see how my attempts at resolution could jeopardise either in my brother’s case. Indeed, if its terms have been applied appropriately and consistently in this case, how was the person from Garlands in a position to not only discuss, but to also offer to discount the sum outstanding by 50%? Is she not similarly bound by the terms of the Data Protection Act?

In the meantime, my brother’s debt has continued to escalate, despite my assertion to Virgin that the service be stopped because, of course, such instruction cannot be accepted from me, since I am not the account holder! If Garlands was happy to discuss the account and take payment from me at that time, I do not understand why it was not suspended or put on hold pending resolution of the disputed outstanding sum.

Today, Virgin has at last responded to my letter of 11th January, some three months after I wrote to them — and it has taken many telephone calls and e-mails to get this response. The letter contains the same 50% settlement offer, but the sum outstanding is now £374.75 — £44.97 more than it was three months ago. Why is this charge being passed on to me when it is hardly my fault that it has taken Virgin three months to reply?

Furthermore, when I sought advice from customer services in 2005, explaining in some detail that, out of necessity, I would be funding and managing this account on my brother’s behalf, why was I instructed to set it up in his name if, by so doing, the account would become inaccessible to me?

Finally, if I failed to pay my utility bills, delivery of the service would not continue once payments had stopped; in such circumstances, at what point would Virgin Media suspend delivery of service or, rather, for how long or to what extent would it allow an outstanding bill to increase and escalate without customer contact?

As you can imagine, I am at a loss to know how I can progress this situation to a satisfactory conclusion. I feel particularly aggrieved because a) I sought and followed Virgin’s advice prior to setup and b) I made determined efforts to continue this broadband service when my card expired in 2006, but no-one from Virgin would return my calls. I do not want to pay even 50% of such a high price for a service that has not been used.

I should be so grateful for any advice.

cleshe 13-04-2008 08:41

Not bad . better with the newsgroup than via the phone.

hoggie 14-04-2008 22:47

been with telewest/virgin for ten years+ and never had any trouble what so ever.

Well Happy :D

icestar2 14-04-2008 23:00

Been with NTL/Virgin about 8 years now and has been great upto last couple months. CS in UK has been brilliant though and the newsgroups are excellant.

adam2008 28-04-2008 16:46

Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

i have got a modem in my house, because my dad has an account with virgin media, and i bought another modem off ebay for £2 haha because we have two lines, one downstairs and one upstairs, but my modem says that it is registered when i plug it in, is there anyway of unregistering it, or making it work lol?????? thnx

moaningmags 29-04-2008 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam2008 (Post 34540292)
i bought another modem off ebay for £2 haha because we have two lines, one downstairs and one upstairs, but my modem says that it is registered when i plug it in, is there anyway of unregistering it, or making it work lol?????? thnx

No there isn't. You've more than likely bought a stolen modem or one that wasn't returned to Vm although it's still their property. The modem won't work unless it's registered to your account.

pentode 23-05-2008 18:05

Heres my experience-:

Virgin Media Broadband is anything but reliable their customer services being a total waste of time and say this with first hand experience not once, not twice but on several occasions, customer services will try and fob you off as quickly as possible or have you dialling un-necessary premium rate numbers, usually without results.

One classic experience I had was that I was without Internet and phone service and so was a elderly neighbor for a day and half almost, this was after another breakdown a week earlier, “we’ll have to get an engineer down and it’ll be in a couple of days time to check your wiring”, it literally to a bit of anger and frustration to explain that the neighbor was without phone as well and that it was a network fault – being an electronic engineer I had no idea what I was talking about ..!

Another classic was when the phone and Internet was off, again I checked with the elderly neighbour a few doors down, I’d just wasted £7 pound on a mobile phone I’d just topped up and wasn’t pleased; complaining about this I was told… “You should have dialled 150 it’s a free number… “What” I just exploded having more than a bellyful, “don’t ever take me as an idiot”, I screamed, “You tell me how the hell can I use ‘free phone’ when the network is down”? After all I did tell her the phone down the road wasn’t working as well and that it was a network fault?

What prompted me to write this article was my recent complaint to customer services of slow out-going emails twice in about a week … it is usually a waste of time contacting customer services they are ever eager to get you to call a premium rate number where you can be holding on for at least twenty minutes or so, after several complaints and getting nowhere I decided to fill a on-line complaint form in at ISPA Representatives, ‘boy’, did this do the trick problem solved within twenty four hours, but for how long for I wouldn’t like to say..? http://www.ispa.org.uk/cgi-bin/complaints.cgi, my advice do try ringing customer services first, get your facts right, tell the truth and don’t lose your temper you have nothing to pay and nothing to lose, but they do get you wound up by acting dumb...!

davy

frogstamper 23-05-2008 19:51

Quote:

i have got a modem in my house, because my dad has an account with virgin media, and i bought another modem off ebay for £2 haha because we have two lines, one downstairs and one upstairs, but my modem says that it is registered when i plug it in, is there anyway of unregistering it, or making it work lol?????? thnx

Oh dear, in your rush to get something for nothing from VM, it looks like you've been had.

Taf 23-05-2008 20:09

My modem keeps losing Ready Status, so I posted on the VM usenet site.

Was offered a Tech visit....

For Monday 26th May 8-12

Let's see if a tech turns up on a BANK HOLIDAY!

pentode 23-05-2008 21:47

Drat and double drat.... very, very slow outgoing emails again since my last post here, I thought it'd been fixed, I'll get back on to the ISPA folks.

Dave

WHISTLED 23-05-2008 22:04

Did you actually think they had anything to do with the 'fix'? I though that was sarcasm...

As if they have a 24 hour SLA!

pentode 25-05-2008 03:01

A member of the CEO at VM got me to speak to an engineer who confirmed it was a server fault the the lady was adamant she monitored our telephone conversation for the record, a three way telephone conversation... a couple of hours later the fault appeared to have been fixed only to return a few hours later, all this after complaining to ISPA - even sending a letter 'a' in a Email can take forever..!

I rang the CEO office at VM as instructed should I have anymore problems, I also sent a letter to the Swansea, Matrix Court department vis recorded delivery requesting in writing a confirmation date for the problem to be resolved.

This way the ball is in their court and I have ammo to go back to the IPSA or
CISAS.

I have proved complaining to customer services is useless, when this fails the next thing is to write asking for a confirmation date when the problem is liable to be resolved, the next stage is to complain to the IPSA, OFTEL or CISAS... phoning to cancel you services is a chicken way out... try and give them hell until they kick you out... thats when the fun begins.

It's not that Customer services haven't a clue, they do try to help, it's when they take the complaint.... nothing is done, lets face it they don't run VM and what can they do when complaints aren't followed up?

davy

tweetypie/8 25-05-2008 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris W (Post 34216771)
This thread is for everyone to note their good/ bad experiences with Virgin Media's customer service department.

Please vote in the poll, and if you have an additional comments please feel free to leave them here!

one word TERRIFIC !!

joglynne 25-05-2008 13:57

Last Wednesday my broadband connection kept breaking up, the lights on my modem kept flashing and I noticed that when I had no connection at all, the interactive light on our V+ would flash resulting in loss of VOD..

As the problem was intermittent I decided to see what happened during the rest of the afternoon. By the evening the problem disappeared but next morning the V+ was flashing and I had no BB.

Phoning 151 I took the V+ option. I explained the problem and asked whether the V+ and BB problems could be related. I was informed, in a forceful manner, that there was no possibility that the 2 problems could be related and that the flashing interactive problem was a National one which would be cleared at 10am on 1st June. I asked if there were any checks she could make but she stated that she had no need to do any as she was certain it was part of the National Problem.

I then bit the bullet and called 151 BB. India again. I explained the problem. I confirmed that BB and V+ lights flashed at the same time, the guy tried to reset(?) the modem a couple of times without success and said there was definitely a problem at my end and that it could well be effecting the V+. He arranged a Tech visit for the next day and added that my phone call would 'of course' be refunded.

A nice Tech came next day and found that I had I had no Return path registering(?). After a delve and twiddle in the cab and in my wall box he attached a 'shiny thing' to the wiring inside. My Return path registered as ON and the power level 52dBmV.

BB is OK and as a bonus my VOD, which for months has needed a reboot every day to work, is working great.

Both my calls were dealt with off shore. One was down right rubbish but the other was spot on.

yorkshireborn 26-05-2008 09:17

not had virgin long but so far i cant fault them

mouqeet 29-05-2008 21:59

Well wrestlemania just a black screen no refund nothing pathetic

hoggie 02-06-2008 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by mouqeet (Post 34562954)
Well wrestlemania just a black screen no refund nothing pathetic

NO refund ?

we had a loss of service due to the local kids setting fire to the box.
after a couple of calls and using the 09 number.
all the users in the area got a two months free, and cost of calls refunded.

now that's what I call dame good service :D

im in an old telewest area.

I have found, and it has been stated in another post.
be polite don't lose your cool ask what the weathers like and bingo.they will leap through hoops to keep you happy.:D

frogstamper 02-06-2008 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoggie
I have found, and it has been stated in another post.
be polite don't lose your cool ask what the weathers like and bingo.they will leap through hoops to keep you happy.

Well said hoggie, its common sense really isn't it, who's going to want to help you if your ranting down the phone at them, I mean would you? I certainly wouldn't. As hoggie says a bit of common decency works wonders.:)

hoggie 03-06-2008 20:45

had to laugh today.was at work not doing much when the wife calls saying " the internet is not working and im going to phone Virgin and complain" after telling her to what 10mins for me to get home.
after switching off both routers and the modem i find the cable between router one and router two had fallen out.so no internet on the laptops(WiFi).after rebooting all routers and modem all was well:D

Reason for post.don't be to quick at blaming virgin for all your problems when a quick reboot and checking all connections could be the answer:D
I Thank You;)

oliver1948uk 03-06-2008 21:39

Had ntl & VM for a long time, but last week helped somebody order from scratch. Did it on my computer online Monday (TV L, BB M, Phone M, V+ box for £35 per month with a discount for 3 months and £30 off for ordering online) and, after a couple of emails and a text message, installed Friday of the same week!

I prepared myself for the ordeal of helping them set up email account etc but . . . no ordeal! The excellent installer got the internet working on the computer within seconds (thought they were not allowed to touch customers' computers?), and after he had gone I logged on to the page advised in the book he left and got their email up and running within minutes: no waiting for welcome letters with weird codes; no ringing up anybody; no installation disc. Brilliant! What an improvement from the ntl palava.

lsproc 04-06-2008 07:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoggie (Post 34566846)
had to laugh today.was at work not doing much when the wife calls saying " the internet is not working and im going to phone Virgin and complain" after telling her to what 10mins for me to get home.
after switching off both routers and the modem i find the cable between router one and router two had fallen out.so no internet on the laptops(WiFi).after rebooting all routers and modem all was well:D

Reason for post.don't be to quick at blaming virgin for all your problems when a quick reboot and checking all connections could be the answer:D
I Thank You;)

As the IT Crowd said:

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"
"Are you sure it's plugged in".

One my my favourites is when they had that message on a tape so the tecchies could be lazy XD

joglynne 06-06-2008 01:34

A follow up to my previous post.

I have just received an e-mail questionnaire from Virginmedia following up the original phone call I made to them.

I was asked whether the phone call was OK and, whether I would recommend Virginmedia services to a friend or a colleague.

They have said that they may get in touch to talk about my answers but as I was quite scathing about the first call I made to 151 and also about the state of the over subscription on the Baguley server I doubt whether I will hear from the again. :D

Has any one else had a follow-up e-mail and if youhave , did you get a follow-up phone call?

the end 06-06-2008 23:17

I had a few problems at 1st when i got VM but nothing since and ive had it now neally two years. I have 2 XL tv boxes in my room and my mums, and a V+ downstairs with XL to. My internet is also XL, and my phone has free calls alday and night! :D all of this for 65pound amonth. So cant really fault Vm!

Also with the V+ was told it would cost 100pound to get installed but when phoning Vm to pay a bill :erm: the bloke on the phone offered the V+ to be installed for 75pound as an limited offer, Mum said no as we didnt have the money at the time a month later same bloke rings back and says 30quid. < what a result! :D ive also had other great deals and offers from Vm.

To the post above yes ive had a follow up call and ive had a call about 10mins before an worker was comming out just to say he was comming. < thats a great thing Vm could offer to old people to be safe :)

riabinraider 18-06-2008 13:14

I have been with this bunch of cowboys since Cabletel days, it has been downhill all the way :(

lulukimmi 19-06-2008 22:12

Have had a couple of problems but when I call can't understand the operators... I know for sure I'm speaking English but not too sure what they are speaking. I am sure this happens so that you spend more time on the phone than really necessary to rack up the phone bill

WHISTLED 19-06-2008 22:33

Quote:

I have been with this bunch of cowboys since Cabletel days, it has been downhill all the way
Says as much about you as the SP then really.

joglynne 19-06-2008 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by lulukimmi (Post 34579501)
Have had a couple of problems but when I call can't understand the operators... I know for sure I'm speaking English but not too sure what they are speaking. I am sure this happens so that you spend more time on the phone than really necessary to rack up the phone bill

At least calls to faults are free again. So you don't have to worry about the cost as the operator works through the script in front of them.

http://www.virginmedia.com/customers...vice-fault.php

cablestrider 03-07-2008 14:23

rang many times about various things, broadband, tv and phone.. Always polite and helpfull. Never had any troubles with them. Never go back to a BT/Sky set up.

chuzzlemonkey 09-07-2008 21:35

Quote:

Unlikely to be honest, each piece of equipment that you have needs to be assigned to your Virgin account for it to function fully. And seeing as Virgin only provide 1 broadband point per property, theres little/no chance of your second modem working - or at least no legitimate way that i'm aware of!

You may have to take wireless instead.
£40 and you'll have it in 3 days (UPS) if you take it from Virgin.:monkey:

Sorry.

---------- Post added at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was at 20:31 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by riabinraider (Post 34578191)
I have been with this bunch of cowboys since Cabletel days, it has been downhill all the way :(

Anything inparticular you're not happy with?

arcamalpha2004 13-07-2008 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 34568858)
A follow up to my previous post.

I have just received an e-mail questionnaire from Virginmedia following up the original phone call I made to them.

I was asked whether the phone call was OK and, whether I would recommend Virginmedia services to a friend or a colleague.

They have said that they may get in touch to talk about my answers but as I was quite scathing about the first call I made to 151 and also about the state of the over subscription on the Baguley server I doubt whether I will hear from the again. :D

Has any one else had a follow-up e-mail and if youhave , did you get a follow-up phone call?

Ah yes, I had one of them, nothing ever happened, just an exercise in making it look like they really do want to improve things in the future, the fact that probably thousands of these go out every day speaks volumes?

r00t 13-07-2008 15:22

I think you find that is Net promoter score.

More here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_Promoter_Score

spiderplant 13-07-2008 22:06

It is indeed. Also some people do get called back.

fester123 04-08-2008 13:26

yes 100%

C_Agent 19-09-2008 19:25

Anyone used the online chat thing yet?

Jeepers 17-10-2008 06:05

I am on the free virgin tv package have the 10 meg bb and phone line with free calls to uk customers i had to pay an extra £7 i dont even ring abroad anymore due the ressesion i cant afford to we have rising prices on phone bb electric gas petrol water has gone thrupogh the roof .then on top of that you have Food ..i am really peed with virgin Billing because evertime i ring them i get somone that can not understand a word of english sat at a computer reading a script
they sound like they dont even understand wht they are saying at least when i was with bt i got through to someone in the uk ,sorry virgins customer service stinks ..for billing issues they are serious and we should get customer sevice advisors in the uk...
Also anoyed because when i first got the tv box i had more channels to view ie FX itv2+2 channel4+2 these channels now when i go to watch them i get a message saying i need to upgrade sometimes i am able to watch them and others i am not ..also film4+2 also removed ,ive come to the end of my teather when i rang virgin to complain the indian advisor told me she was not in the uk and had no Idea what i was talkig about
This is discusting service and i am sorry creat the jobs back in the UK and get rid of the Cowboys ..meanwhile im of back to sky i also have a bt line which is an advantage for me i dont hyave to wait 12 months getting back to my phone ,Well when the phone first got connected the virgin media staff in india told me my calls would be cheaper to other countris BOLLOX i got a bill for £299s and demandig phonecalls from virgin staff in the uk telling me my bill was this high..i fealt sick to the stumach why was my bill so high ,,thing was i had to pay it or be cut off .i ring my family in ireland a lot ,i was told by the indian advisor on sighing up i was on talk international my calls should have been 2p per minit but no ..Richard Branson needs to make a few test calls here and sort his buisness out Big Style

Sirius 17-10-2008 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepers (Post 34655672)
I am on the free virgin tv package have the 10 meg bb and phone line with free calls to uk customers i had to pay an extra £7 i dont even ring abroad anymore due the ressesion i cant afford to we have rising prices on phone bb electric gas petrol water has gone thrupogh the roof .then on top of that you have Food ..i am really peed with virgin Billing because evertime i ring them i get somone that can not understand a word of english sat at a computer reading a script
they sound like they dont even understand wht they are saying at least when i was with bt i got through to someone in the uk ,sorry virgins customer service stinks ..for billing issues they are serious and we should get customer sevice advisors in the uk...
Also anoyed because when i first got the tv box i had more channels to view ie FX itv2+2 channel4+2 these channels now when i go to watch them i get a message saying i need to upgrade sometimes i am able to watch them and others i am not ..also film4+2 also removed ,ive come to the end of my teather when i rang virgin to complain the indian advisor told me she was not in the uk and had no Idea what i was talkig about
This is discusting service and i am sorry creat the jobs back in the UK and get rid of the Cowboys ..meanwhile im of back to sky i also have a bt line which is an advantage for me i dont hyave to wait 12 months getting back to my phone ,Well when the phone first got connected the virgin media staff in india told me my calls would be cheaper to other countris BOLLOX i got a bill for £299s and demandig phonecalls from virgin staff in the uk telling me my bill was this high..i fealt sick to the stumach why was my bill so high ,,thing was i had to pay it or be cut off .i ring my family in ireland a lot ,i was told by the indian advisor on sighing up i was on talk international my calls should have been 2p per minit but no ..Richard Branson needs to make a few test calls here and sort his buisness out Big Style

Does anyone else have problems reading and understanding that ^^^^^rant.

Jeepers 17-10-2008 07:35

Whats that supposed to mean...sirus

Fatec 17-10-2008 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 34655678)
Does anyone else have problems reading and understanding that ^^^^^rant.

Quote:

Hi All,

I am on the free virgin tv package and have the 10 meg bb + phone line with free calls to uk customers, i had to pay an extra £7 even though i dont even ring abroad anymore due the recession!

i cant afford to as we have rising prices on phone,bb,electric,gas,petrol and even water has gone through the roof!!

Then on top of that you have Food ..i am really *annoyed* with virginmedias Billing because everytime i ring them i get somone that does not understand a word of english sat at a computer while reading a script back to me!

They sound like they dont even understand what they are saying.. at least when i was with bt i got through to someone in the uk!, Sorry virginmedia's customer service stinks...

for billing issues they are serious and we should get customer sevice advisors in the uk...

Also annoyed because when i first got the tv box i had more channels to view (ie FX itv2+2 channel4+2), These channels are now gone, when i go to watch them i get a message saying i need to 'upgrade', sometimes i am able to watch them and others i am not...

Also film4+2 has also been removed, i've come to the end of my teather and when i rang virgin to complain the indian advisor told me she was not in the uk and had no Idea what i was talking about!

This is disgusting service and i am sorry but create the jobs back in the UK and get rid of the Cowboys!!...Meanwhile i'm off back to sky, i also have a bt line which is an advantage for me i dont have to wait 12 months getting back to my phone.

Well when the phone first got connected the virgin media staff in india told me my calls would be cheaper to other countris, What a load of ********S* (why try to get around the swear filter?), i got a bill for £299 and demanding phonecalls from virgin staff in the uk telling me my bill was this high...i fealt sick to the stomach..wondering why was my bill so high!, Thing was i had to pay it or be cut off...i ring my family in ireland a lot...as i was told by the indian advisor on signing up i would be on talk international so my calls should have been 2p per minute but no!...

Richard Branson needs to make a few test calls here and sort his buisness out Big Style
Better? :p: boredom...

Sirius 17-10-2008 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatec (Post 34655685)
Better? :p: boredom...

Much better :tu:

It was giving me an impression of being connected to the outsourced version of Cable forum :LOL:

Jeepers 17-10-2008 07:52

lol Thankyou vary much i am a tad bad on spelling it has to do with my dissability i should have mentioned i am dissabled due to problems which my health wich left me slightly brain damaged ..but that is irelivant to what my Rant was about

Fatec 17-10-2008 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepers (Post 34655691)
lol Thankyou vary much i am a tad bad on spelling it has to do with my dissability i should have mentioned i am dissabled due to problems which my health wich left me slightly brain damaged ..but that is irelivant to what my Rant was about

No problem, i could understand you anyway, but early morning, lack of sleep and boredom mixed :D

Jeepers 17-10-2008 08:57

See Sirus Someone has understood my problem nananana na

---------- Post added at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYTHEWAY (Post 34218608)
:Yikes: I had my new Virgin V Box installed today, Engineer took over Two Hours to finalise the installation, he seemed to be having a lot of problems setting it up.

When he had finished he asked if I knew how to operate the system? I told him No, he then proceeded to show me, which went completely over my head, but not to worry as i could view the manual at my leisure-NOT!!

I dont have any manuals said the Engineer, but it is quite straightforward, I will show you again, which he did, and once again was not registering within the old brainbox.

Not to worry, so he left, what i ad not realised was that there were no instructions for the remote either, No problem, I will use the help guides service, if can fathom out how to get to it?

Got to view the help guides, but the remote control they were using bore no resemblence to the "Telewest Broadband"? one that i was given? I coulld not use the volume buttons on this either as it made no impact at all when pressing Vol+ or Vol -

I telephoned Customer Service and complained , they apologised and said the manuals will be sent out soon but made no comment in respect of the remote control manual they did advise that there is a major outage which is why the volume wont operate and this will be fixed by 27th Feb.

Since then the Darn thing has constantly been freezing, and when attempting to view recodings kept requesting a a PIN which was not given to me, so i had to phone them up again last night, i now have my own PIN.

Whilst i appreciate Virgin are just starting up my experience so far is one of complete astonishment, if this is the way in which they intend to continue then i am sorry but I for one will not be remaining with then, I have sent them an E.Mail, which as yet has not bbeen acknowledged,:(

ah pin default for your remote should be 0000

frogstamper 17-10-2008 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepers (Post 34655704)
See Sirus Someone has understood my problem nananana na

---------- Post added at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 ----------

ah pin default for your remote should be 0000

I think you'll find the default pin is 1234:)

quasiment 17-11-2008 15:12

Hello. I'm new to this forum and wished to get help regarding the topic above. I have not yet had one single useful interaction with Virgin Media. I was connected just over a year ago - it took them 3 weeks to actually connect me ! The phone then didn't work. They then decided to overcharge me and have done so ever since. I have written letter upon letter requesting a written response and explanation. 4 phone calls but still no letter which is leading me to wonder whether literacy is a particular difficulty. My question to those on this forum is : do you know of any director's address because the only one I can find is in America. Given that Customer service seem incapable of putting pen (or fingers on a keyboard) to paper, this is my only alternative. Thank you in advance.

moaningmags 17-11-2008 22:44

Complaints,
Virgin Media,
PO Box 333,
Matrix Court,
Swansea.
SA7 9ZJ

or the complaints form here:-
https://help2.virginmedia.com/assets...intformCZ.html

quasiment 17-11-2008 23:38

Thank you, though I have sent many letters to that address and not had any useful response, just frustrating call by response after another. I finally got hold of one of the director's email address and got a response from him, at least, so all good. Hopefully I may actually get the money wrongly charged to me back !

joglynne 18-11-2008 12:36

As this thread is about VM customer service I thought that to-days announcement by Satmetrix may be relevant.

Quote:

<snip>has chosen Satmetrix to deploy an operational Net Promoter program to collect and analyse customer comments whilst feeding back to customer care teams in real time.Satmetrix will create a program for Virgin Media that combines its on-demand technology with the Net Promoter discipline.

Using Satmetrix's methodology and tools, Virgin Media will collect and identify key insights from customer feedback and incorporate a closed-loop feedback process where everyone - from the front line to senior management - are empowered to make decisions that enhance the customer experience.

"Virgin Media recognizes the value of customer loyalty across all touch points of their organization," said Richard Owen, president and CEO of Satmetrix. "We are dedicated to helping Virgin Media better understand and respond to their customers' needs to improve the customer experience, and as a result, increase loyalty and growth
http://www.satmetrix.com/satmetrix/n...?page=1&pid=67

surf91 20-11-2008 18:07

I have recently phoned Virgin Media about their pricing differences between new customers and existing customers, new customers only pay £33 (tv, broadband, phone) and I have same package and pay £45.75. However this staff member from their "Retention Department" kept on telling my self to "hold on a minute" in order to let her explain, she frequently did not want me to finish my sentence so that she can start explaining. Is this really appropriate, she could have, at least have the courtesy of saying please or wait till Im finish rather than interrupting.
I do appreciate it is not her fault about the pricing. However, I feel as though she is treating me like a 10 year kid because she said "im not going to argue over these silly points" with all the words in the english dictionary, she could have chosen more appropriate words. She is basically trying to say that I'm silly. I said I am going to cancel the subscription and she seem to didn't care at all because she said she can do it now and also referred me to the virgin website. Looks like Richard Branson's Virgin ethos of "good customer service" isn't living up to it standards, as staff aren't able to address customers properly. I wasn't being abusive nor nasty, Virgin can always check back on their call records. I suppose this is only a minor problem but I don't appreciate being treated like a kid, is it because of my young voice? Or am I just being to sensitive?

mediamaker 20-11-2008 20:31

How about providing all new customers with an Indian phrase book so we and the call centre can both talk the same language.