Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   US Timeline : Crisis on Infinite Earths. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708456)

pip08456 03-12-2019 22:18

Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Didn't know where else to put the trailers so here goes. Starts this Sunday 8th Dec.

Paul 03-12-2019 22:47

Re: Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Let's hope it lives up to all the hype.

pip08456 04-12-2019 02:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36019140)
Let's hope it lives up to all the hype.

As you say, let's hope.

General Maximus 04-12-2019 08:29

the trailer looks good but I am not expecting much. I fund the previous crossovers to be a procession of the core cast of each series playing the usual part in their series' episodes with the main characters from the other series coming along for the ride. There is no continuity or fluidity of the characters to make it a believable shared universe.

Stephen 04-12-2019 08:53

This looks epic.

They have gone all out to give us a peek at other versions of earth's and it's heroes.

Hope it's good.

Paul 11-12-2019 23:16

Lucifer !

Stephen 12-12-2019 00:00

So far parts 1-3 have more than delivered.

The great thing is all the cameos and Easter eggs fitted and didn't feel shoehorned in.

It's going to be a long wait till 14th January!

General Maximus 29-12-2019 17:05

General Maximus 23-01-2021 11:05

No crossover this year thank god. I don't watch Batwoman and I won't be watching Superman & Lois anyway

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/b...s-this-season/

Stephen 23-01-2021 12:53

Superman and Lois looks really good. Totally different tone to the rest of the current shows. The trailer had quite a cinematic feel. More like Man of Steel.

General Maximus 23-01-2021 13:47

I can't bring myself to watch it. For me it is a cheap copycat imitation. I can't believe they didn't get Tom Welling and Erica Durrance back for it. It is an absolutely travesty. The fact that so much time has passed since Smallville finished and the actors have aged would make them perfect for it and it would make it so much more realistic.

Stephen 23-01-2021 14:31

Imitation of what exactly?

Smallville was good but it had its time. These actors have appeared in the current Arrow verse so it makes more sense to keep them for the actual show. The guy playing Clark/Supes has already shown himself to be great at the role. They have also designed a new suit for this actual show.

Give the trailer a blast you might be surprised.

cimt 23-01-2021 14:44

If you remember when Arrow first launched, loads were saying that they should of got the actor back from Smallville. I think it worked out a lot better than it would of. From what I have seen of the Arrowverse shows, these 2 have both smashed it.

General Maximus 24-01-2021 11:39

You have got 7 years and full seasons of character development, depth, stories, experiences and emotions that you can't wash away. Even though it is based on a comic book super hero, Smallville made me laugh, cry, jump for joy and scream. It is everything the DCEU isn't at the moment.

Stephen 24-01-2021 11:47

That was then

This is now. The new actors fit better in the DCEU they have been building for years.

I loved Smallville back when it was on. I also loved the 90s Dean Cain show. Every super hero gets a new reboot or update when times change.

No-one is washing the previous shows/films away. They are still there to enjoy. We've had these new versions for a couple of years now. It's time to let them develop and grow in their own show.

At the end of the day it's Louis and Clark/Superman. We've had dozens of versions of them across comics, TV, Radio and Movies and animation.