Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   General Entertainment (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Going crazy (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710412)

Itshim 30-09-2021 19:10

Going crazy

Think I just be going crazy . Just watched pointless , question came up to which l l knew the answer . However they said the record was first issued in the 70s . I am sure I bought in in 1965 when l was in Toronto . Can anyone confirm that " seasons in the sun" by Terry jack's was first out then . Sure l bought in along with ,you were on my mind, / We five . save your heart for me / Gary Lewis and the playboys. Also theme from a summer place / the lettermen . :confused:

joglynne 30-09-2021 19:28

Re: Going crazy

Definitely released in the 70's by Terry Jack though English versions were released by other artists in the early 60's

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasons_in_the_Sun

pip08456 01-10-2021 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36095267)
Think I just be going crazy . Just watched pointless , question came up to which l l knew the answer . However they said the record was first issued in the 70s . I am sure I bought in in 1965 when l was in Toronto . Can anyone confirm that " seasons in the sun" by Terry jack's was first out then . Sure l bought in along with ,you were on my mind, / We five . save your heart for me / Gary Lewis and the playboys. Also theme from a summer place / the lettermen . :confused:

You couldn't have done.

Quote:

"Seasons in the Sun" is an English-language adaptation of the 1961 song "Le Moribond" by Belgian singer-songwriter Jacques Brel with lyrics rewritten in 1963 by American singer-poet Rod McKuen, portraying a dying man's farewell to his loved ones. It became a worldwide hit in 1974 for Canadian singer Terry Jacks and became a Christmas number one in the UK in 1999 for Westlife.

Paul 01-10-2021 01:27

I had no idea Westlife had done it :erm:

I remember the original being in the charts, still an excellent song.

Itshim 20-10-2021 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip0846 (Post 36095306)
You couldn't have done.

must be a time lord then found on a cassette dated December 1965 recordings made for car trips as far as l recall. I guess it was released in Canada only as it is with a load of records l brought in Toronto . In July August 1965

Paul 20-10-2021 18:57

Its perfectly possible.

Quote:

In 1964, the Kingston Trio first recorded an English version of "Seasons in the Sun", which was later heard by Terry Jacks and became the basis for his rendition.

Itshim 22-10-2021 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36098230)
Its perfectly possible.

Spoke to my cousin ( stayed with her family in Toronto in 65) she clearly remembers my buying " only sixteen" by Terry jack Which was a hit in Toronto that summer . See chum 1050 ( the radio station of choice for teens at that time) as her dad was not happy is was not Sam Cooke and bent her ear for not stopping me ,she is 3 years my senior ! Her though is that it might have been on the flip side ?

Jaymoss 22-10-2021 19:20

Only 16 was Terry Black not Jack

Dude111 23-10-2021 01:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne
Definitely released in the 70's by Terry Jack though English versions were released by other artists in the early 60's

Wow I didnt realise that... I love that song,I have the record!! (Terry Jacks -- I thought it was HIS song)

Itshim 23-10-2021 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36098478)
Only 16 was Terry Black not Jack

Typo thanks for the correction . Old friend says it was a b side on arc records Canadian label in the 60's and before Dick Clark TV show " discovered" him. Also thinks it was on a album at some point . Still it has brought back memories of my " first love " she is two years older than me. Still friends !!!! Claim to fame I was a toy boy !! Cousin's friend some how don't think she felt the same way still happy times