Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Gaming Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What game are you playing (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33603962)

Qtx 23-08-2022 16:51

Re: What game are you playing

Inside, on the PS4. Its like a platform puzzle game in a way, with you having to work out how to move towards the end.

Guess I found it easier to play than some of these new games where you need to remember 8 buttons and and have multi-menu layers to choose something like a weapon. Its literally jump and an action button for this game :D

SnoopZ 20-09-2022 10:37

I'm enjoy Death Stranding Directors Cut on PS5, thought it would be boring so I'm surprised it's not for me.

It's part of PS+ Extra so I thought may as well give it a go.

cimt 20-09-2022 13:00

Deathloop came out on GP today so I will be playing that

SnoopZ 20-09-2022 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 36134527)
Deathloop came out on GP today so I will be playing that

Also came out on PS+ Extra so at some point I'll give it a go, just hope removing head Bob stops motion sickness as I hear it's bad

cimt 20-09-2022 15:28

I've watched play throughs and it looks like good fun. Is the head bopping bad? Can't say I had noticed in videos I watched.

SnoopZ 20-09-2022 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 36134537)
I've watched play throughs and it looks like good fun. Is the head bopping bad? Can't say I had noticed in videos I watched.

Not sure how bad the head bobbing is but for people like me who suffer from motion sickness in some games which I can often fix by turning off motion blur which may not be an option in this game but a Google suggests adjusting head bobbing improves things.

Hugh 05-10-2022 10:55

Fallout 76 on the PC - it was free from Amazon Prime Gaming this month.

So far, it’s fun (had some initial loading problems, but it was just Comodo blocking it - easily fixed).

SnoopZ 05-10-2022 12:15

Still loving Death Stranding Directors Cut on PS5, such a fantastic game.

ThunderPants73 25-10-2022 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36129086)
I hear there are issues with Stray on PC currently, I hope motion sickness isn't an issue for you.

Stray was fine, no issues at all, which surprised me because I do get motion sickness from some third person games. I simply cannot play Resi 4,5 or 6 on the PC, the camera is so awful I feel sick after a minute. I also had to turn off head bobbing on Cyberpunk because that made me feel sick too. I am such a wuss.

ThunderPants73 25-10-2022 15:21

Wow, this thread is sixteen years old, quite a trip down memory lane looking at the games people played back then and what they were played on.

Hugh 25-10-2022 15:51

Call of Duty:Modern Warfare II - Campaign.

(PC version)

Ramrod 25-10-2022 16:26

Still playing PUBG (Impz, Klinsman, Bopdude and me)
The rest of the NTHW PC clan are on other games. One day a new FPS might bring us all back together. :)

Jaymoss 25-10-2022 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramrod (Post 36138436)
Still playing PUBG (Impz, Klinsman, Bopdude and me)
The rest of the NTHW PC clan are on other games. One day a new FPS might bring us all back together. :)

I got OK at CoD Vanguard. I would play PUBG but everyone's established and I get pissed if I keep getting my ass handed to me on a plate

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 17:09 ----------

In fact sod it it is free I will install it give it a go see how bad I am

Ramrod 25-10-2022 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36138442)
I got OK at CoD Vanguard. I would play PUBG but everyone's established and I get pissed if I keep getting my ass handed to me on a plate

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 17:09 ----------

In fact sod it it is free I will install it give it a go see how bad I am

Brill :tu:
Don't worry, we've been playing 5 years now and whilst in the top1-10% worldwide we also keep getting our arses handed to us :D

Corey N Georgie 10-11-2022 17:47

I have started playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shredders Revenge. It was only released a few months ago and surprisingly Addictive.

SnoopZ 10-11-2022 17:51

Still addicted to Death Stranding Directors Cut on PS5, I need the platinum.

Corey N Georgie 13-11-2022 22:57

I don't play many games on the PS4 or 5, I'm mainly a PC Gamer. Georgie on the other hand spends loads on his PS5.

Hugh 25-11-2022 20:45

Marvel Snap - it’s quite addictive

Mr K 06-12-2022 20:32

Manic Miner, Zx Spectrum 48k.
Been stuck in the same cave/ level since 1983..... Bloody penguins.

SnoopZ 30-12-2022 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36139737)
Still addicted to Death Stranding Directors Cut on PS5, I need the platinum.

Platinumed Death Stranding just before Christmas, now playing Horizon Forbidden West on PS5, it's one of the best looking games I've ever seen and I thought DS looked awesome.

Halcyon 03-01-2023 09:04

Mario kart on the Nintendo Switch. Love that game!

mrmistoffelees 30-01-2023 20:17

Sifu on PS5
Goldeneye on Xbox and switch

SnoopZ 20-02-2023 20:45

Platinumed Horizon Forbidden West on PS5, I think it maybe the best looking game I've played it plays and looks fantastic on PS5 even in performance mode. Paired with a Dualsense controller and SteelSeries Arctis 7P+ Headset I was blown away, I never realised how crappy my other headsets were.

This game will be part of PS+ Extra/Premium from Tuesday 21st Feb.

SnoopZ 21-02-2023 15:24

The Last of US 2 and I'm really good.........at getting my neck ripped out after playing HFW, hopefully I can get the hang of it quickly.

ThunderPants73 02-03-2023 15:59

Ghost of Tsushima. First bit was fun but it's quickly gotten repetitive and boring. Came to this straight from finishing HFW, I think I've been spoiled.

SnoopZ 02-03-2023 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 (Post 36147283)
Ghost of Tsushima. First bit was fun but it's quickly gotten repetitive and boring. Came to this straight from finishing HFW, I think I've been spoiled.

Any of your motion sickness issues with HFW on PS5? I solved mine by changing the movement speed, head bobbing and motion blur I think.

Last time I played GoT I suffered a little bit so will have another look and the speed settings for movement and see if I can get back into it as I am often a completionist and go for Platinums, but I need to play The Last of US 2 first now it's stopped giving me sickness.

I can never use VR again......

Dude111 02-03-2023 21:50

Im about to play Mspacman :) (Arcade)

ThunderPants73 03-03-2023 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36147291)
Any of your motion sickness issues with HFW on PS5? I solved mine by changing the movement speed, head bobbing and motion blur I think.

Last time I played GoT I suffered a little bit so will have another look and the speed settings for movement and see if I can get back into it as I am often a completionist and go for Platinums, but I need to play The Last of US 2 first now it's stopped giving me sickness.

I can never use VR again......

I didn't mention motion sickness, or are you asking if FW gave me motion sickness?
Either way, I don't get motion sickness with 3rd person games. As for VR, I am tempted by the Playstation VR2 but I definitely would get motion sickness from that. Sadly, VR will never be for me either.

SnoopZ 03-03-2023 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 (Post 36147369)
I didn't mention motion sickness, or are you asking if FW gave me motion sickness?
Either way, I don't get motion sickness with 3rd person games. As for VR, I am tempted by the Playstation VR2 but I definitely would get motion sickness from that. Sadly, VR will never be for me either.

I was just remembering you said you suffered from motion sickness like me and think you recently got a PS5 so thought I'd ask.

ThunderPants73 08-03-2023 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36147370)
I was just remembering you said you suffered from motion sickness like me and think you recently got a PS5 so thought I'd ask.

Good memory!

SnoopZ 16-04-2023 13:42

Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection on PS5 as it is part of PS+ Extra and I wanted to trying and platinum the PS5 version, I have previously played both of those games on PS4 Pro but this version will play far better.

Hom3r 21-04-2023 09:55

I really must STOP playing Cities: Skylines on Xbox.

SnoopZ 21-04-2023 10:09

I used to love SimCity 2000 back in the dark ages I would play it for multiple hours every evening but I find as I get older I grow out of games like that and couldn't get into Skylines when Sony gave it to us on Plus.

I have so many games I want to play now but never enough time as I like to try and Platinum most of the ones I enjoy.

It's PS+ Extras fault with a really good catalogue, but my bank account thanks me for it as I don't need to buy games anymore especially when they cost £60-£70 each day one, crazy prices!

ThunderPants73 26-04-2023 11:04

Horizon:Forbidden West NG+ before I get into the Burning Shores DLC.

SnoopZ 07-05-2023 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36149997)
Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection on PS5 as it is part of PS+ Extra and I wanted to trying and platinum the PS5 version, I have previously played both of those games on PS4 Pro but this version will play far better.

Finally got platinum on this 2 game collection, now giving Kena Bridge of Spirits ago.

SnoopZ 27-06-2023 10:31

Platinummed Ratchet and Clank Drifts Apart and Kena now playing a few Life is Strange games and loving the fact PS+ Extra is so good meaning I don't spend money on games anymore, just the small subscription cost.

Keyz333 28-06-2023 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36150251)
I really must STOP playing Cities: Skylines on Xbox.

I'm excited for II. Been playing a lot of the first recently and also going back to NMS as I haven't tried that in a while. Both on PS5.

ThunderPants73 21-07-2023 18:36

Going to have a crack at Don't Starve over the weekend.

SnoopZ 23-07-2023 22:47

Just platinummed Ghost of Tsunami on PS5, what a fantastic game that was and I've played so many AAA games in the last year from the PS+ Extra Tier it's easily paid for itself multiple times.

I'll give Shadow of the Colossus a go next I think now it has the 60fps update.

SnoopZ 06-08-2023 17:23

After completing Shadow of the Colossal I won't be going for Platinum!

Now giving Returnal another go to see if I can get the hang of it and not be bothered about getting sent back to the beginning again every time I die!

Giving another shout-out to PS+ Extra for anyone with a playstation, I don't spend money on games anymore, it's so bloody worth it and a no brainer in my opinion if people don't need to own the games.

Hom3r 12-08-2023 13:56

Just completed Watch Dogs: Legion, just the side missions to mop up.

SnoopZ 12-08-2023 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36158452)
Just completed Watch Dogs: Legion, just the side missions to mop up.

Is it any good as its part of PS+ Extra so I wouldn't need to pay for it?

I need to find another game to start now I have 2 weeks off work, Returnal is a possibility if I can deal with having to restart from the start of the game every time I die.

I may buy Quake 2 Remaster as that came out a few days ago and that was my introduction to online gaming playing Quake 2 death match back in the dark ages.

Jaymoss 12-08-2023 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36158455)
I may buy Quake 2 Remaster as that came out a few days ago and that was my introduction to online gaming playing Quake 2 death match back in the dark ages.

My first online game too. I had the Homer Simpson skin hahaha. I was really good at it. Played Medal of Honor Spearhead next and was really really good at that

SnoopZ 12-08-2023 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36158458)
My first online game too. I had the Homer Simpson skin hahaha. I was really good at it. Played Medal of Honor Spearhead next and was really really good at that

I had the Arnie skin hehe, the remaster is said to be great and cheap so will likely download it later for PS5.

Ok just downloaded..... Q2 Deathmatch is great fun.

cimt 13-08-2023 00:42

Quote:

I need to find another game to start now I have 2 weeks off work, Returnal is a possibility if I can deal with having to restart from the start of the game every time I die.

It is actually a good game. I'd give it a try cause you don't have to pay for it. The fact you can play as anyone is actually interesting and the fact you need to make a team based on a play style you like.

SnoopZ 13-08-2023 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 36158480)
It is actually a good game. I'd give it a try cause you don't have to pay for it. The fact you can play as anyone is actually interesting and the fact you need to make a team based on a play style you like.

I did buy Q2 on Playstation and it is awesome in multiplayer deathmatch I always kinda remember the map Edge so fell right into that, I'm not completely useless as I often finish between 3-4 in games so what did learned 20 odd years ago is still programmed in me!

I have to have crossplay enabled though otherwise I don't find any matches, I originally disabled it because I didn't want to play against PC players with mouse and keyboard, however I ready somewhere Gamepass Xbox players have to use controller as well so I'm hoping PC players also have to.

Saying that though using the Dualsense movement is really good but didn't fancy playing with gyro aiming.

I never liked Quake3 for some reason.

Hugh 30-08-2023 19:42

1 Attachment(s)
Trying to play COD:MW2, and I just got this message (it played fine this morning, and there have been no MS updates since 26th August).

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/atta...3&d=1693420902

I've closed everything down, rebooted, still the same message - time to visit the gaming forums...

Jaymoss 30-08-2023 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36159469)
Trying to play COD:MW2, and I just got this message (it played fine this morning, and there have been no MS updates since 26th August).

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/atta...3&d=1693420902

I've closed everything down, rebooted, still the same message - time to visit the gaming forums...

Try compatibility mode or check to see if it is enabled and disable it on the cod.exe and/or steam/battlenet executables ( googles solution haha )

Hugh 30-08-2023 20:38

Thanks, but sorted it.

It was due to an Activision update which clashed with a MS Beta release from March this year - I uninstalled all Beta updates, unenrolled from MS Insider Preview, rebooted, and everything's hunky-dory (except for waiting for the game shaders to load, as they always need to after the Activision update).

Thanks for the advice - much appreciated.

Jaymoss 30-08-2023 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36159475)
Thanks, but sorted it.

It was due to an Activision update which clashed with a MS Beta release from March this year - I uninstalled all Beta updates, unenrolled from MS Insider Preview, rebooted, and everything's hunky-dory (except for waiting for the game shaders to load, as they always need to after the Activision update).

Thanks for the advice - much appreciated.

you gonna be playing Starfield?

Hugh 30-08-2023 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36159476)
you gonna be playing Starfield?

Probably not - not really into RPGs.

Jaymoss 01-09-2023 19:40

Starfield

Great game. Massive learning curve. Ship flying not so great imo. Far far to many controls. Dunno how you do everything on a console that has controls for the PC version

Jaymoss 06-09-2023 16:44

24 hours into Starfield and still only done 1 full main mission hahaha done a few faction missions as you get some real good loot

SnoopZ 06-09-2023 17:16

My plan is to replay Uncharted 1,2 and 3 for the Platinum.

Tried to play Far Cry 6 but only lasted 10 seconds due to motion sickness and for a modern game that is ridiculous and bad programming, atleast I didn't pay for it

Hugh 08-09-2023 19:16

Titanfall 2.

I loved Titanfall when it first came out, but never got around to buying T2 - it's now on sale on Steam for £2.49, and has a single-player game (which the original didn't), so I thought "what the chuff!" and bought it.

Really enjoying it.

Hom3r 18-09-2023 11:19

Quote:

I did enjoy it especially as it's London.

I played with my nephew recently for the first time in ages, and outside Buckingham Palace were signs with "RIP QEII" etc, which I thought was a nice touch.

SnoopZ 26-10-2023 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36160247)
I did enjoy it especially as it's London.

I played with my nephew recently for the first time in ages, and outside Buckingham Palace were signs with "RIP QEII" etc, which I thought was a nice touch.

Going to see how I like Watchdogs Legion seeing it comes with PS+ Extra now that all Uncharted games are platinumed.

New top of range TV delivered on Saturday so I'll be like a kid at Christmas, assuming there is nothing bothering me like clouding or light bleed!

SnoopZ 29-10-2023 15:58

Now that I've got this awesome Neo QLED TV it seems to have cured my motion sickness for Farcry 6, maybe it's because it's VRR enabled, also playing Watchdogs Legion a bit of F1 2023 and just downloaded Elite Dangerous..... And I normally only play 1 game at once!

SnoopZ 03-12-2023 22:39

Ratchet & Clank PS5 it's awesome and I can't believe how crap it looked on my old telly compared to now.

Stephen 04-12-2023 11:41

Still trying to finish Hogwarts Legacy on PC.

However keep getting distracted by Steam sales and buying more games I have no time for lol.

SnoopZ 10-12-2023 22:40

Shadow of the Tomb Raider on the hardest level, I'm starting to regret it but so far the Dualsense controller is still in my hand and not embedded in the TV screen...

Sirius 28-12-2023 11:02

I still play Elite Dangerous and have just completed the Christmas event they do each year.

SnoopZ 28-12-2023 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 36167343)
I still play Elite Dangerous and have just completed the Christmas event they do each year.

I tried to play it again on PS5 seeing its on PS+ Extra tier but the graphics could do with an update which unfortunately won't happen.

Sirius 28-12-2023 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36167344)
I tried to play it again on PS5 seeing its on PS+ Extra tier but the graphics could do with an update which unfortunately won't happen.

I have always played it on PC, I am aware they made a complete mess of the DLC for Odyssey.

cimt 29-12-2023 01:09

Wouldn't even bother playing it on console now, they don't support it anymore.

I just always play Train Sim World 4 now.

SnoopZ 29-12-2023 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 36167390)
Wouldn't even bother playing it on console now, they don't support it anymore.

I just always play Train Sim World 4 now.

I used to play it on Xbox One before moving 100% over to PS4/5 is it still supported on PC, I thought it had stopped on all platforms?

damien c 31-12-2023 07:14

Still putting most of my gaming time in to Destiny 2 but have picked up The Division 2 and Cyberpunk again recently.

Cyberpunk I have only really played for around 3 hours total, I need to sink a whole bunch of time into it to really get going and figure it out properly.

Division 2, I am just dabbling with it again to remind myself of why I stopped playing it but so far I have enjoyed the few hours I have put into it.

Have also picked up the Halo Infinite campaign and a few other bit's over the last few months, that I really need to try.

Starfield has well, I played it for an hour and between the bugs and low performance that got dropped, I will go back and play in probably 2 years when the community fixes most of the issues.

cimt 02-01-2024 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36167410)
I used to play it on Xbox One before moving 100% over to PS4/5 is it still supported on PC, I thought it had stopped on all platforms?

Yeah it's basically just PC only now.

SnoopZ 21-01-2024 14:24

Shadow of the Tomb Raider finally Platinumed on PS5, it only took 4yrs!

Now hope to do the same with Rise of the Tomb Raider but there is mention of online trophies so may not be possible.

Hom3r 11-02-2024 11:50

Found the final Research points on Watchdogs 2, now searching for the 10 Gnomes, I have one bat can't seem to get it.

I also found the 7 hidden cars, one is a Jurassic Park Jeep with a T-Rex horn than make the people run.

Hom3r 17-03-2024 21:50

I'm currently addicted to The Sims 4 on the PC, and using mods.

I have one guy with 27 children :D

SnoopZ 17-03-2024 23:33

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition on PS5.

Stephen 17-03-2024 23:46

Trying to complete Jedi Survivor on PC.

Corey N Georgie 20-03-2024 02:32

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.... Shredders Revenge on the PC.

SnoopZ 07-04-2024 22:04

Just platinumed A Plague Tale: Innocence on PS5, now time for some A Plague Tale: Requiem.