Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

nashville 16-07-2014 20:45

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Raging Bull. I hope you get sorted out ok. Good Luck

weenie 16-07-2014 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by raging bull (Post 35715011)
2 months ago I got a confirmation letter regarding my heart surgery appointment to be carried out yesterday, booking in at 07.30am.
I arrived at the hospital where all my personal information was recorded inc height and weight plus blood pressure.
2hrs later the consultant approached me and advised there was a problem!
The procedure could not go ahead because he was not familiar with the particular procedure to be carried out, and no one was available until tomorrow (thursday)so would I come back.
[Turns out someone in the office noted heart procedure will get Dr A to carry out, not realising it required Dr B who was on holiday and more than capable to do the job]

Hope you don't get disappointed again raging bull, sending you my best wishes and may I wish you speedy recovery after your surgery. :hugs:

raging bull 17-07-2014 03:20

Thanks guys, like nearly 03.20 here and scared stiff.
Will start taking my morning meds in another hour or so, only 9tabs to take!

denphone 17-07-2014 05:04

Try not to worry RB and l know that's easier said then done but good luck with your operation.

Hom3r 17-07-2014 11:24

Companies I have to deal with in my job.

I'm trying to check the revision status is a manual, but unless I have a subscription they won't tell me, and they only want $5,000 per year, and I know it's current but I need confirmation from them.

Could be worse one supplier wanted a mere $120,000 for a 100 page document.

weenie 17-07-2014 12:37

Why can't Lawyers/solicitors use layman's terms when speaking to you? :confused:

heero_yuy 17-07-2014 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35715231)
Why can't Lawyers/solicitors use layman's terms when speaking to you? :confused:

Professional jargon. Same with us engineers, we must maintain the mystique that Joe Public couldn't possibly comprehend what we do so you'll pay us loads of dosh for doing it. :D

weenie 17-07-2014 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35715416)
Professional jargon. Same with us engineers, we must maintain the mystique that Joe Public couldn't possibly comprehend what we do so you'll pay us loads of dosh for doing it. :D

:) LOL

denphone 18-07-2014 10:16

l have had a phone call from my partner about a hour and half ago and thank god she is alright as she was driving away from our surgery and one of our car tyres has become badly damaged through something on the road but thankfully she was able to get the car in to park and called out the breakdown recovery service who has fitted the spare tyre on for now until we get a new one in the next couple of days.

dilli-theclaw 18-07-2014 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35715572)
l have had a phone call from my partner about a hour and half ago and thank god she is alright as she was driving away from our surgery and one of our car tyres has become badly damaged through something on the road but thankfully she was able to get the car in to park and called out the breakdown recovery service who has fitted the spare tyre on for now until we get a new one in the next couple of days.

I'm glad she's ok :tu:

denphone 18-07-2014 10:26

Yes tyres can be replaced but our nearest and dearest can't.

joglynne 18-07-2014 11:02

Glad to hear that your partner is OK Den. Hope it hasn't left her feeling anxious about driving.

I once ran over a piece of wood that had a big staple sticking out of it. Heavy traffic and no way of avoiding the dang thing. I ended up with a slow puncture in my offside front tyre and managed to get off the motorway without damaging the wheel. Left me a tad wary for a long time but I was thankful I was able to change the tyre away from the hard shoulder.

MalteseFalcon 18-07-2014 11:38

Gonna bruise later. First vein nurse tried for a blood test popped, blood all down my arm and now sore as anything. Put ice on it to numb it, which has helped big time.

weenie 18-07-2014 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35715572)

I am so glad that your partner is all right den.

nashville 18-07-2014 14:55

So glad all is well Den, Just give her an extra cuddle tonight