Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Formula 1 2012 Pre-Season (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33683116)

Kymmy 27-11-2011 18:18

Formula 1 2012 Pre-Season

Lets start discussion for next years 2012 season.

There's a few changes with Team lotus becoming Caterham and the Marussia Virgin team dropping the virgin name and no blown diffusers either next year.

I wonder if Rubens will retire and whether Torro Rosso will have a complete new lineup?

denphone 27-11-2011 18:23

Re: Formula 1 2012 Pre-Season

Obviously several questions in my mind and the first is how much difference will not having no blown diffusers make next year and the other question is can McLaren close the gap next year on Red Bull.

Hom3r 27-11-2011 18:25

Rubens will retire from active racing, as I will from watching.

Caff 27-11-2011 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35336240)
Rubens will retire from active racing, as I will from watching.

Gonna have to join you in that. Mebbe get live standings, statuses and results from the net.

Peter_ 28-11-2011 06:59

It will be a rather pointless exercise next year because unless you are mug enough to subscribe to SKY Sports a service you do not want in or to subscribe to SKY F1 or whatever they will call it you will only get to see one race per month.

Another issue will be if SKY allow Virgin Media access to the channel at the start as it will be dependent on the outcome of any negotiations with regards to showing the channel.

I fully expect the BBC to find that it is not cost effective to carry on with its coverage and for SKY to take all of the races at which time commercial breaks will no doubt appear and probably at vital moments.

If the is a free streaming service maybe that will be the answer to continued viewing as I will not pay to watch it.

Kingofthedead4 28-11-2011 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35336387)
It will be a rather pointless exercise next year because unless you are mug enough to subscribe to SKY Sports a service you do not want in or to subscribe to SKY F1 or whatever they will call it you will only get to see one race per month.

Another issue will be if SKY allow Virgin Media access to the channel at the start as it will be dependent on the outcome of any negotiations with regards to showing the channel.

I fully expect the BBC to find that it is not cost effective to carry on with its coverage and for SKY to take all of the races at which time commercial breaks will no doubt appear and probably at vital moments.

If the is a free streaming service maybe that will be the answer to continued viewing as I will not pay to watch it.

Showing my age now but I seem to remember having discussions with people like this when sky got the football.

Peter_ 28-11-2011 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingofthedead4 (Post 35336396)
Showing my age now but I seem to remember having discussions with people like this when sky got the football.

The difference is I and many other people do not watch football or golf so it would be a rather expensive and pointless upgrade in order to then pay more to then watch an extra race per month.

I would rather find a channel online streaming F1 for free.

Kingofthedead4 28-11-2011 08:18

What I meant was when football went to Sky I had the same discussion, because I did not watch golf and rugby and really any other sport at the time.

Peter_ 28-11-2011 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingofthedead4 (Post 35336406)
What I meant was when football went to Sky I had the same discussion, because I did not watch golf and rugby and really any other sport at the time.

Exactly so many people will no longer see these races due to the cost involved especially for channels they will never watch.

---------- Post added at 08:42 ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 ----------

Here is a link regards Virgin Media carrying the new F1 channel.

https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-...rticles/SKYF1/

denphone 28-11-2011 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35336407)
Exactly so many people will no longer see these races due to the cost involved especially for channels they will never watch.

---------- Post added at 08:42 ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 ----------

Here is a link regards Virgin Media carrying the new F1 channel.

https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-...rticles/SKYF1/

Nothing different in that press release to the one Virgin issued with regards to Sky Atlantic as just to say they are in talks but whether we will get it in HD is another matter.

Kingofthedead4 29-11-2011 08:38

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mot...enault-GP.html

Kimi Raikkonen set for Formula One return after signing a two-year deal with Lotus Renault GP

Kymmy 29-11-2011 10:38

Can I remind members that the F1 to Sky issue has it's own thread and that should be used to discuss any F1 on TV in 2012 issues

m8internet 29-11-2011 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymmy (Post 35336233)
Team lotus becoming Caterham

In the last few races Lotus had already dropped their Tune Group branding
Can anyone confirm at which race this occured?

D'Ambrosio leaves in favour of Pic

Tim Deegan 01-12-2011 01:39

THe changes that need to be made for next year (although they have tried to do this in the past), is to close the gaps between the different teams.

It seems that this year there was a clear order as to which teams had the best cars:
  1. Redbull by a mile. I don't believe they had the best drivers, but as far as the cars go, other teams couldn't come close.
  2. Mclaren are still way behind Redbull, but only managed to stop an even wider gap by having far superior drivers (even if Lewis does occasionally push his luck)
  3. Ferarri probably aren't that far behind Mclaren, but their drivers are. This showed when Lewis came to Mclaren and showed him how to drive.
  4. Mercedes. It was unlikely that they would be able to maintain their form that they showed in their first year as Brawn GP. But they are still hanging in there. I think they could probably do better if they didn't have a driver who used to be great, but is now more of a has been.
  5. Renault are bringing up the rear of the top teams, but will have to watch out for Force India snapping at their heels.

Hom3r 02-12-2011 20:26

Ferrari & Red Bull leave FOTA

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/form...e/16009873.stm

Well lets hope it leads to Bernies power ending and he quits F1.