Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   US Timeline : Supergirl (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33702800)

BenMcr 24-09-2021 11:45

Re: Supergirl

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36094267)
Btw, I know J'onn is an alien and can fly but since when did he turn into Superman and be able to lift cranes up?

Was also that in the Justice League animated show

https://dcau.fandom.com/wiki/J%27onn_J%27onzz

Quote:

J'onn possesses a vast array of superpowers that he uses to serve others: superhuman strength, speed, limited invulnerability, telepathy, and several others.

J'onn is not only able to fly but is able to do so at speeds of the level of meta-humans. His superhuman strength makes him much stronger than the other members of the League, with the exceptions of Superman and Wonder Woman. Under normal circumstances, J'onn's strength is inferior to that of Superman's, but his strength could be augmented by his phase-shifting and size-manipulation powers. Hence, he might actually be as strong as Superman, if not stronger, depending on the extent to which he used his powers.

General Maximus 24-09-2021 14:35

I'll let them off then. I would say my realism factor is satisfied but it begs the question as to why he hasnt stepped up before in the multitude of perilous situations they have faced. It is a bit late now with only 8 eps left.

Paul 24-09-2021 15:21

TBH, Ive not really ever paid that much attention.
I dont think hes displayed or used superstrength much in previous seasons ?

If that were the only issue with supergirl now, Id be fine with it.
The fact all her friends seem to be turning into superheroes now is getting a bit silly.

Stephen 25-09-2021 13:20

After last week and this week I'm about to chuck it. Honestly the preaching is totally overtaken the show. Black people can't afford housing and black people can't afford hospital care was all that the last two episodes were about really. Anything else was just thrown in to try and make it seem like a TV show.

General Maximus 25-09-2021 19:21

The thing which I don't understand is why they are doing it. Everyone had enough of it last season and you would have thought they had got the message but instead they have doubled down on it. What kind of ming mong writers and producers have you got on the series that think they are genuinely doing the best job they can at making a superhero series and honestly believe they are doing a good job. The viewers are -33% year on year.

General Maximus 09-11-2021 16:52

Brace yourself, there is a trailer to warm us up for tonight's series finale.

Paul 09-11-2021 19:23

Ive got this far so I'll stick out the final 2 episodes.
If its like the previous recent episodes, I'll be skipping about 25%.
It will probably be full of the usual preachy convoluted 'drama' as well.

pip08456 09-11-2021 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36100585)

I won't, I gave up on it last season.

Jaymoss 09-11-2021 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36100585)

I feel exactly the same

Jaymoss 10-11-2021 13:18

Meh ending to go with an overall meh season. Glad it is over tbh

Paul 10-11-2021 23:44

Yes, it was very meh & tiresome, so much filler and false 'drama'.
So much preaching it was almost unbearable, even getting a 'consent' jibe in.

I actually ended up skipping about 25% of E19, and about 60% of E20.
They wrapped up the actual story early in E20, the rest was just snoozy filler.

Its sad that what started as such a great series turned into something so poor, I wont miss it.

General Maximus 11-11-2021 11:12

What's sad is that in great series you hear about the collaboration between producers, writers, and actors and how influential some of the main cast are in suggesting story ideas and key plot points. What is sad is that in this series everyone just seems to be along for the ride and I can't believe non of the actors hadn't gone along and said to somebody "this is going down hill" or "I don't like what is happening to my character and we need to change direction".