Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Phone call from virgin ? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711924)

Itshim 23-05-2023 18:45

Phone call from virgin ?

0800408 9340 had a call just now from this number , saying it's virgin media with a "great" offer. Then wanted my details . Told her I wasn't going to tell her that, think she said I would be a fool not to provide it. as I will regret it, still said no. called a bloody fool and she hung up. Guess given virgins great staff training it was :rolleyes:

Sirius 23-05-2023 19:09

Re: Phone call from virgin ?

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36152528)
0800408 9340 had a call just now from this number , saying it's virgin media with a "great" offer. Then wanted my details . Told her I wasn't going to tell her that, think she said I would be a fool not to provide it. as I will regret it, still said no. called a bloody fool and she hung up. Guess given virgins great staff training it was :rolleyes:

I always check any number here

https://who-called.co.uk/Number/08004089340

RichardCoulter 23-05-2023 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 36152533)
I always check any number here

https://who-called.co.uk/Number/08004089340

Scammets have even hijacked sites like this with fake reviews to show what they want people to see when they check.

The number itself thats's showing on your phone may well have been spoofed too.

Sirius 23-05-2023 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36152539)
Scammets have even hijacked sites like this with fake reviews to show what they want people to see when they check.

The number itself thats's showing on your phone may well have been spoofed too.

That is why i use a bit of common sense and always put the phone down and then check out who they say they are on the web. I dont buy or upgrade anything via a cold call and will never give out my details. My job is telecoms based and i fully know how they work and sometimes fool around with scam callers :D.

RichardCoulter 23-05-2023 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36152528)

That's definitely a Virgin upselling number as, after checking, it's the number used to lie to me to try and sell me a higher broadband speed and before that a lie to take Sky Cinema. These days it's usually that offshore call centre that use it. Was it a foreign accent? Of so it sounds to be genuine (unless the number was spoofed)

You got off lightly with "Bloofy fool". There have been reports of customers being told to F off!!!

I think one was on here and they reported it to the office of the CEO who said "It shouldn't have happened" after listening to a recording of the call.

They are getting more and more out of control as time goes on.

Mr K 24-05-2023 08:35

Always opt out of marketing. Then you can be sure any such calls are a scam.

RichardCoulter 24-05-2023 12:34

Good idea.

tweetiepooh 24-05-2023 15:34

My "Virgin" call this morning was to tell me of issues on the service. I asked to the ticket number as I worked for VM and could check the details. This guy was a bit more suspect so he asked for my name to confirm I worked for VM.

nialli 24-05-2023 16:33

I cancelled my Virgin Media services yesterday and have ordered Sky. My two Stream pucks will arrive tomorrow.
i have had three calls already today, all of which I've managed to miss. They're from the number mentioned above. They don't leave a message. I've blocked the number on my mobile but opting out of marketing communications says it takes up to 28 days.

Mad Max 24-05-2023 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by nialli (Post 36152626)
I cancelled my Virgin Media services yesterday and have ordered Sky. My two Stream pucks will arrive tomorrow.
i have had three calls already today, all of which I've managed to miss. They're from the number mentioned above. They don't leave a message. I've blocked the number on my mobile but opting out of marketing communications says it takes up to 28 days.

I might be joining you and moving too, paying a fortune to a company that cannot supply an app to customers on V6 boxes isn't a good look imo.

OLD BOY 27-05-2023 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36152663)
I might be joining you and moving too, paying a fortune to a company that cannot supply an app to customers on V6 boxes isn't a good look imo.

But they will supply a 360 box that can.

You will still need to surrender your V6 if you are changing to Sky, and in my experience, the Sky Q has a flashy AI but the functionality is not as good as the 360.

TimeLord2018 27-05-2023 19:40

Both V6 and 360 are the same hardware, it's the software that's different, V6 can be "updated" to the Horizon software.

OLD BOY 01-06-2023 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 (Post 36152856)
Both V6 and 360 are the same hardware, it's the software that's different, V6 can be "updated" to the Horizon software.

That is true, of course, but I don’t think Max wants the 360 software.

braysoj1 02-06-2023 15:16

Some scam calls going around