Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   [Updated] New BBC Top Gear trailer released (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33700306)

Taf 10-03-2015 17:17

[Updated] New BBC Top Gear trailer released

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-producer.html

Damn, that's my whole week of BBC viewing cancelled. :(

denphone 10-03-2015 17:28

Re: Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday

The sooner they get rid of that ignoramus the better.

papa smurf 10-03-2015 17:29

don't watch it myself -three prats driving cars most people can't afford doesn't appeal to me .

007stuart 10-03-2015 18:04

Top Gear

Jezza blows his top. Could this be the end of Top Gear?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31824040

---------- Post added at 18:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

Sorry didn't realise a thread had already been started

mods can you close please

v0id 10-03-2015 18:10

Re: Top Gear

To be honest this thread has a better link. The other one should be merged into this :p

Osem 10-03-2015 18:15

There's no arguing about the money they bring into the Beeb's coffers and I rather like their disdain for matters PC. However, over the years the way they behave, sound and look has become increasingly homogenised IMHO which is a pity. As a serious car show Top Gear is rubbish but as an entertaining and irreverent evening entertainment show it's great. I'd much rather watch these three 'children' larking about than any number of the same old 'comedians' and 'celebrities' currently infesting the other major channels in one non funny game show or another.

Unless this 'fracas' is far more serious that it appears, it'll be interesting to see whether the Beeb will cut off its nose to spite its face.

heero_yuy 10-03-2015 18:19

Top Gear without Clarkson. Unthinkable.

BBC about to commit suicide?

Hom3r 10-03-2015 18:28

IIRC JC owns part of Top Gear.

I can see it moving to a non BBC channel.

denphone 10-03-2015 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35763821)
Top Gear without Clarkson. Unthinkable.

BBC about to commit suicide?

Clarkson has become a big liability so the sooner they get rid if him the better in my opinion as no one is bigger then the programme..

Damien 10-03-2015 18:42

It sounds like Clarkson might have gone too far. The BBC should tolerate his general controversial tendencies because that's what makes him what he is and let's that vibe sink into the show. However there are basic standards you would expect from someone in a workplace and if he has gone beyond making risqué jokes on TV to taking it out on the staff then the BBC can't accept that. Noting to do with broadcasting considerations and everything to do with the way a staff member behaves at work.

Sirius 10-03-2015 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35763820)
There's no arguing about the money they bring into the Beeb's coffers and I rather like their disdain for matters PC. However, over the years the way they behave, sound and look has become increasingly homogenised IMHO which is a pity. As a serious car show Top Gear is rubbish but as an entertaining and irreverent evening entertainment show it's great. I'd much rather watch these three 'children' larking about than any number of the same old 'comedians' and 'celebrities' currently infesting the other major channels in one non funny game show or another.

Unless this 'fracas' is far more serious that it appears, it'll be interesting to see whether the Beeb will cut off its nose to spite its face.

Well they get rid of him and they kill there cash cow.

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:42 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35763827)
Clarkson has become a big liability so the sooner they get rid if him the better in my opinion as no one is bigger then the programme..

Tell you now if he goes the BBC will have kill the goose that lays its golden eggs.

Its the only BBC program i watch and if he goes i will have no reason to watch the BBC at all.

heero_yuy 10-03-2015 18:44

Quote:

A very bad mistake to make. I give you David Attenborough.

$ky must be rubbing their hands now.

Damien 10-03-2015 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35763833)

Well again it depends what he has done doesn't it? No details have come out yet.

Sirius 10-03-2015 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35763833)

Would love for Sky to jump in and offer the 3 presenters some big fat cheques and a big budget to host a new show for them.

heero_yuy 10-03-2015 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35763835)
Well again it depends what he has done doesn't it? No details have come out yet.

Sphincter twitching and extreme sweat methinks.:D

Damien 10-03-2015 19:05

Radio Times is reporting he punched a producer.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-...nches-producer

If that is true then however mad it is then the BBC simply have to take action no matter how much of a star he is. Any of us would be suspended for the same thing, nothing to do with editorial. Best wait and see.

denphone 10-03-2015 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35763836)
Would love for Sky to jump in and offer the 3 presenters some big fat cheques and a big budget to host a new show for them.

And they would get quite paltry viewing figures compared to the BBC.

Sirius 10-03-2015 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35763843)
And they would get quite paltry viewing figures compared to the BBC.

Thank you i was waiting for someone to point out sky would not get as many people watching as the BBC presently get. The BBC will kill the goose that lays one of there golden eggs. I certainly will not watch that show if they get another presenter in to take over from him. It will not be the same and i hope it puts a big dent in there viewing figures and they end up losing a load of money. Well done the BBC. :rolleyes:.

TheDaddy 10-03-2015 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35763823)
IIRC JC owns part of Top Gear.

I can see it moving to a non BBC channel.

Don't think he does

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...ear-gaffe.html

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35763836)

Have they got any more big fat cheques to bandy about after handing the epl the biggest cheque of all

thenry 10-03-2015 19:43

They have the CL money. EPL inflation was expected.

Sirius 10-03-2015 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35763847)
Don't think he does

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...ear-gaffe.html

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

Have they got any more big fat cheques to bandy about after handing the epl the biggest cheque of all

Well if the rumours about the increase in Sky sports subscriptions by £4.00 a month at the end of the year are true they don't need to worry do they.

I like this bit in the link you gave

Quote:

There is also the matter of Clarkson’s popularity with viewers. Top Gear is watched in 214 countries and makes more revenue for the BBC than any other programme.
Harvey Rands, senior litigation partner at law firm Memery Crystal, said the two contracts could prove expensive for the BBC.

“As they own the format, they have absolute control and would be able to terminate Mr Clarkson’s role either lawfully or unlawfully,” Mr Rands said of the BBC Worldwide contract.

“If they have a ‘bringing the company into disrepute’ clause, they would be able to terminate lawfully – although we know from history the BBC usually pays out anyway.

“If there is no such clause and they decide to disassociate themselves from him, they would absolutely have to pay compensation.

“He is thumbing his nose at them to call their bluff.”
Cannot wait to see if they have the guts to shoot there golden goose.

Paul 10-03-2015 20:09

Quote:

I think you are in the minority here.

I dont watch Top Gear, never have, never will, but I really wish we had more presenters that dont follow the endless PC tiptoe bull that we have to suffer these days.

Osem 10-03-2015 20:13

Yep, the BBC could do with a few more 'liabilities' like Clarkson.

Jimmy-J 10-03-2015 20:16

I think the BBC will self-destruct. I wonder what they'll put on in it's place this Sunday?

papa smurf 10-03-2015 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy-J (Post 35763864)
I think the BBC will self-destruct. I wonder what they'll put on in it's place this Sunday?

i hope its songs of praise :angel:

Sirius 10-03-2015 20:21

Quote:

No idea as i will not be watching it.

I would if its the interrogation of Rona Fairhead of the BBC Trust and her involvement in the HSBC Tax scandal

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/me...-10097217.html

Quote:

Appearing in front of the Commons public affairs committee yesterday, she was described as “incredibly naive or totally incompetent” by Margaret Hodge, chair of the committee. “I think you should consider your position and resign,” the veteran Labour MP said, who advised the Government to sack her if she decided to stay.
Maybe she can join Clarkson looking for a new job.

Hom3r 10-03-2015 20:22

If Clarkson is fired I can see May & Hammond quitting, and Top Gear will end.

Which would pee me off as I've been waiting for years & years to see it made.

Sirius 10-03-2015 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35763868)
If Clarkson is fired I can see May & Hammond quitting, and Top Gear will end.

Which would pee me off as I've been waiting for years & years to see it made.

Hoping they leave and then are made an offer by another broadcaster for a show that they can do together :)

Pierre 11-03-2015 03:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35763820)

It's not serious car show never pretends to be. It is, as you say, entertaining and that is all that matters.

---------- Post added at 03:28 ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 ----------

Quote:

Clarkson is a least a personality, and some vanilla presenter with no chutzpah.

---------- Post added at 03:32 ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35763842)
Radio Times is reporting he punched a producer.

TBF if clarkson, is able to land a punch on you, you deserve to be punched. He's hardly Bruce Lee

TheDaddy 11-03-2015 06:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35763856)
Well if the rumours about the increase in Sky sports subscriptions by £4.00 a month at the end of the year are true they don't need to worry do they.

I like this bit in the link you gave

Cannot wait to see if they have the guts to shoot there golden goose.

Considering the numbers sky are making redundant I'd say four quid isn't making up the shortfall and despite assurances I bet other programme output suffers

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31410300

http://m.ft.com/cms/s/0/6e8d4f24-b16...44feab7de.html

---------- Post added at 06:41 ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 35763906)

TBF if clarkson, is able to land a punch on you, you deserve to be punched. He's hardly Bruce Lee

If he did he'd probably break his finger again anyway

http://www.theguardian.com/media/200...sandpublishing

blackthorn 11-03-2015 07:23

Why should he be treated any different to anyone else in the workplace. If I threw a punch at a workmate I`d be suspended as well and probably sacked and so should he.

Osem 11-03-2015 07:53

Hearing quite a few people missing the point by claiming the BBC should stop paying his salary. LIke him or loath him, JC more than pays his own salary and brings millions into the BBC's coffers.

I still fail to see why the programme shouldn't be aired. Why deprive the viewers because of something which is 'alleged' to have happened?... :confused:

Anyway, 'some may say' that JC, having sold his interest in Top Gear back to the BBC for many millions of pounds, would quite like the chance to create a not very different format, take his talents (and those of his co-presenters) to another channel and build another highly profitable business that they will own the rights to. Nice little earner that'd be eh... and 'and on that bombshell'...

Damien 11-03-2015 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35763919)
Hearing quite a few people missing the point by claiming the BBC should stop paying his salary. LIke him or loath him, JC more than pays his own salary and brings millions into the BBC's coffers.

I still fail to see why the programme shouldn't be aired. Why deprive the viewers because of something which is 'alleged' to have happened?... :confused:

Because he has been suspended and not all the episode has been filmed yet.

Osem 11-03-2015 09:04

Blimey, how much was left to do at this late stage? What's stopping the other 2 finishing those bits and filling in any gaps? I'm sure they could come up with something really silly. ;)

Damien 11-03-2015 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35763925)
Blimey, how much was left to do at this late stage? What's stopping the other 2 finishing those bits and filling in any gaps? I'm sure they could come up with something really silly. ;)

I think they film the studio scenes still.

heero_yuy 11-03-2015 09:29

According to my red top they film the linking parts on Wednesdays (today) so all they have at the moment is the outdoor filmed parts.

It'll be interesting to find out what really happened, after all you don't take a swing at somebody unless they're some kind of irritating little moron.:D

If the other two presenters go with JC then the BBC will have royally shot itself in both feet.

---------- Post added at 09:29 ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 ----------

Quote:

Pro-celebrity sock darning or the like. Seems to be the sort of thing that they've gone mad for these days.

Damien 11-03-2015 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35763929)
If the other two presenters go with JC then the BBC will have royally shot itself in both feet..

What alternative is there left for the BBC? What are they meant to do when a allegation of violence in the workplace is brought to their attention?

denphone 11-03-2015 10:33

The BBC must take action but with their track record in the past of showing too much deference to other big stars l fear they will not do anything.

heero_yuy 11-03-2015 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35763931)
What alternative is there left for the BBC? What are they meant to do when a allegation of violence in the workplace is brought to their attention?

An allegation is rather different to an actual assault with witnesses.

Act in haste, repent at leisure.

BBC are probably really edgy after Savile.

Stephen 11-03-2015 12:15

Suspend JC while they investigate the matter yes, but I don't see the point in not airing the episodes.

That's just punishing the rest of the cast and crew.

They should be able to air a cut down episode with just the other two presenters(plus the Stig) especially if it still required a small amount of filming to complete.

MovedGoalPosts 11-03-2015 12:18

He is known for being risky, blunt, and not toeing the line. Inevitably in today's PC climate that will cause upset. But that is entirely the reason why Top Gear currently is so popular because the audience expect irreverence.

But it's one thing being brash, jovial, playing the fool, and pushing the boundaries of what some might find acceptable. If he has thrown a punch, whether or not injury resulted, then despite the financial losses, despite the audience anguish, the BBC as an employer will find themselves unable to retain him.

Damien 11-03-2015 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35763953)
An allegation is rather different to an actual assault with witnesses.

Act in haste, repent at leisure.

BBC are probably really edgy after Savile.

They're investigating the allegation and presumably if nothing comes of it then things will continue as normal. All they've done is suspend him in the meantime which seems to be normal practise and should be uncontroversial.

It's rather alarming the degree to which outrage and petitions have been directed towards the BBC for their decision to suspend an employee whose been accused of punching another one of their employees. We wouldn't accept that of anyone else so I don't see why Clarkson should be exempt because of the money he brings into the BBC.

It's entirely possible that he has no case to answer in which case the BBC can reinstate the episodes in a few weeks, they throw a few jokes around and all is well with the world of Top Gear. I imagine that is the scenario the BBC executives hope happens. They're not stupid, they know Top Gear is a cash cow for them, but their hands are tied by standard and legitimate policies when it comes to such allegations.

heero_yuy 11-03-2015 13:12

Quote:

A PETITION to reinstate shamed Top Gear star Jeremy Clarkson has topped 300,000 signatures — as ITV plot to lure the presenter away with a £10million bid.
Paywall linky

Can't find another link (yet) for the £10m speculation.

Jimmy-J 11-03-2015 13:29

Money is what it's all about... Show me the MONEY!

Russ 11-03-2015 14:00

At the end of the day I reckon the BBC will prefer to him standing inside and urinating out rather than outside, urinating in.

heero_yuy 11-03-2015 14:06

1 Attachment(s)
Apparently this is the guy the allegation is about:

Attachment 25998 Click for full size ( biggish )

I'd be very tempted too. :D

TheDaddy 11-03-2015 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35763979)
Apparently this is the guy the allegation is about:

Attachment 25998 Click for full size ( biggish )

His name us Oisin Tymon, even more tempted?

heero_yuy 11-03-2015 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35763987)
His name us Oisin Tymon, even more tempted?

Not really, he just looks like the sort of scruffy oik you could instantly take a dislike to.

Gary L 11-03-2015 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35763979)

i probably would. but you'd have to get me a bit tipsy first though.

they still have Eastenders.

TheDaddy 11-03-2015 16:15

Wonder if this was instigated

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/celeb...-10100391.html

Sirius 11-03-2015 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35763990)
i probably would. but you'd have to get me a bit tipsy first though.

they still have Eastenders.

Whats that ?

heero_yuy 11-03-2015 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35764009)

Probably more likely it was the coming to a head of a senior presenter being pushed about by a junior director who then finally messed up organising lunch. These things can fester for a long time before somebody just gets fed up.

I don't condone violence in the work place but I know how these things can build up.

The BBC claim the format but they abandoned it a few years ago and CH4 made their own clone 5th Gear so sole ownership of the format by the BBC is not a given though characters such as "The Stig" probably are.

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 17:32 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35764015)
Whats that ?

Something Wimin watch.:D

Sirius 11-03-2015 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35764024)
Probably more likely it was the coming to a head of a senior presenter being pushed about by a junior director who then finally messed up organising lunch. These things can fester for a long time before somebody just gets fed up.

I don't condone violence in the work place but I know how these things can build up.

The BBC claim the format but they abandoned it a few years ago and CH4 made their own clone 5th Gear so sole ownership of the format by the BBC is not a given though characters such as "The Stig" probably are.

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 17:32 ----------

Something Wimin watch.:D

:LOL:

denphone 11-03-2015 17:48

Quote:

Whats that ?

Now for once old bean l agree with you.:)

Hom3r 11-03-2015 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35763954)
Suspend JC while they investigate the matter yes, but I don't see the point in not airing the episodes.

That's just punishing the rest of the cast and crew.

They should be able to air a cut down episode with just the other two presenters(plus the Stig) especially if it still required a small amount of filming to complete.

They are Filmed on Wednesday at aired on Sunday.

Gary L 11-03-2015 18:58

Quote:

Whats that ?

It's a soap opera designed to make people who watch it very depressed or suicidal.

Sirius 11-03-2015 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35764046)
It's a soap opera designed to make people who watch it very depressed or suicidal.

So no cars :(

heero_yuy 12-03-2015 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35764072)
So no cars :(

None you'd want to drive.

More story emerges:

Quote:

“Clarkson didn’t like the idea of sandwiches and demanded a juicy steak. He wanted his own way.

“The producer was being blamed for not arranging hot food.

“Clarkson didn’t hit him — but he did use every possible swear word you can imagine. He had to be held back. The producer just stood there looking embarrassed.

“The general manager ended up cooking Clarkson’s steak. He apologised the next morning.”
So he didn't actually connect.

Quote:

Insiders say the director of BBC Television Danny Cohen is “out to get” Clarkson because of his out-spoken antics.

The star told friends Cohen had “thrown him to the wolves” when the team were attacked while filming in Argentina last year.
Still waters run deep.

Paywall linky

Additional: Petition now has >650,000 signatures.

From Guido Fawks (Same link)

Quote:

The Beeb is much more comfortable with Leftie comedians than a bloke who cracks jokes about shooting striking public sector workers and is mates with David Cameron.

Some at the BBC won’t be happy until Top Gear is fronted by a one-legged lesbian hippy driving a car made out of recycled cans and running on lentils.
Herein lies the nub of the problem IMO.

Damien 12-03-2015 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35764149)

Herein lies the nub of the problem IMO.

Maybe. It could also be that the BBC received an allegation of violence/punching/'fracas' between their members of staff.

Russ 12-03-2015 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35764154)
Maybe. It could also be that the BBC received an allegation of violence/punching/'fracas' between their members of staff.

Or possibly 'historic' allegations etc....

Osem 12-03-2015 10:01

I dare say there's a few people within (and without) the Beeb who'd quite like to 'engineer' JC's departure one way or another. Let's face it he's not exactly amongst kindred spirits there is he...

The publicly funded BBC is a place for people whose faces fit and JC's clearly doesn't. It's about time something was done about that.

Gary L 12-03-2015 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35764157)
The publicly funded BBC is a place for people whose faces fit and JC's clearly doesn't. It's about time something was done about that.

I know a man who can help. he charges £2,000.
£1,000 up front. :)

Taf 12-03-2015 11:34

Contracts due for renewal, BBC being told to cut "star" wages. Maybe someone thought it was cheaper to not renew his contract and start afresh?

Damien 12-03-2015 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 35764168)
Contracts due for renewal, BBC being told to cut "star" wages. Maybe someone thought it was cheaper to not renew his contract and start afresh?

Doubt it. They wouldn't have gotten to the point of being so close to renewing their contracts otherwise. They were in the final stages according to reports.

What I think happened if the BBC received a complaint of alleged violence between two of their employees and, as is standard, had to act on it. People have chosen to be outraged at this but it seems standard procedure.

As a general aside (not directed at what you said):

The persecution complex has run amok if people really think that investigating an allegation of violence is a vindictive campaign against Clarkson. The petitions are insane as are the personal and vicious remarks being directed at the alleged victim of the attack on Twitter and in these petitions. It's also not the 'lefty' BBC sticking it to the right wing in an act of political correctness gone mad. You're not allowed to get into a fight at work and it doesn't matter if you're right wing or left wing.

Everyone needs to calm down and await what happens next. The Guardian is saying he should resign, people are signing petitions saying he has done nothing wrong, no one knows what actually happened. This case is further evidence that we're all reactionary idiots.

Osem 12-03-2015 12:26

I don't think in investigating the allegation is wrong, what I do think is that there lots of people within the BBC who want rid of JC and, therefore, any allegations made about him need to be assessed and dealt with in that context.

TheDaddy 12-03-2015 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35764171)
Doubt it. They wouldn't have gotten to the point of being so close to renewing their contracts otherwise. They were in the final stages according to reports.

What I think happened if the BBC received a complaint of alleged violence between two of their employees and, as is standard, had to act on it. People have chosen to be outraged at this but it seems standard procedure.

As a general aside (not directed at what you said):

The persecution complex has run amok if people really think that investigating an allegation of violence is a vindictive campaign against Clarkson. The petitions are insane as are the personal and vicious remarks being directed at the alleged victim of the attack on Twitter and in these petitions. It's also not the 'lefty' BBC sticking it to the right wing in an act of political correctness gone mad. You're not allowed to get into a fight at work and it doesn't matter if you're right wing or left wing.

Everyone needs to calm down and await what happens next. The Guardian is saying he should resign, people are signing petitions saying he has done nothing wrong, no one knows what actually happened. This case is further evidence that we're all reactionary idiots.

Dave has " weighed" in according to the mail and he is neither reactionary or an idiot, oh wait

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-producer.html

alanbjames 12-03-2015 14:29

I know some people on here have stated if the show moved to Sky it wouldnt get the viewing figures but in some ways i have to disagree.

The show is shown in well over 200 countries worldwide one of those being the USA who rather watch our version than their own.

richard s 12-03-2015 14:38

Pherhaps he could get a job driving his mate Dave around.

Kursk 12-03-2015 15:39

Bring back nancy boys. :D

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2015/03/35.jpg

Gary L 12-03-2015 16:50

LOL can you look any guyer?

Sirius 12-03-2015 17:08

I would be happy if the 3 presenters tell the BBC where to stick there contracts and itv take them on. Just think of all that money the BBC will have to find as they loose there golden egg. :LOL:

Carlos Carboni 12-03-2015 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35764267)
I would be happy if the 3 presenters tell the BBC where to stick there contracts and itv take them on. Just think of all that money the BBC will have to find as they loose there golden egg. :LOL:

JC's contract runs out in a month or so.

I have a feeling that he will not show up at the disciplinary hearing next week. If I were him, I wouldn't show up. But it all depends on any clauses in his contract.

3/4 quarters of a million have signed the petition so far.....

Osem 12-03-2015 21:54

Does anyone reckon any one of the old farts, liberal clique and '...ists' who infest the BBC would garner such support?

Chad 12-03-2015 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanbjames (Post 35764210)
I know some people on here have stated if the show moved to Sky it wouldnt get the viewing figures but in some ways i have to disagree.

The show is shown in well over 200 countries worldwide one of those being the USA who rather watch our version than their own.

The world wide audience is phenomenal. Sounds unlikely but this is the kind of show Netflix would possibly be interested in getting their hands on.

djfunkdup 12-03-2015 23:01

i really do hope JC gives the BBC the

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

:D:D:D:D

Damien 13-03-2015 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35764363)
The world wide audience is phenomenal. Sounds unlikely but this is the kind of show Netflix would possibly be interested in getting their hands on.

Remember they can't take the brand. Netflix would suit that type of show though as the lack of advertisers allows them free reign.

Hom3r 13-03-2015 18:21

Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson initiated the BBC investigation which prompted his suspension, after he informed BBC bosses of the alleged "fracas".
BBC News understands that the star phoned BBC head of television, Danny Cohen, to report the incident.
Producer Oisin Tymon, with whom the altercation took place, is not believed to have filed his own complaint.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31869967

Damien 13-03-2015 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35764533)
Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson initiated the BBC investigation which prompted his suspension, after he informed BBC bosses of the alleged "fracas".
BBC News understands that the star phoned BBC head of television, Danny Cohen, to report the incident.
Producer Oisin Tymon, with whom the altercation took place, is not believed to have filed his own complaint.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31869967

Hopefully that is a signal that this can blow over.

TheDaddy 13-03-2015 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35764539)
Hopefully that is a signal that this can blow over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35764009)

It'll either blow over or add some substance to my wonderings, not overly fussed by either tbh

heero_yuy 14-03-2015 10:06

Reinstate Clarkson petition tops 870,000. :)

Osem 14-03-2015 12:23

Bet there's a few mightily hacked off PC infected lefties around the Beeb right now.

Arthurgray50@blu 14-03-2015 20:56

To me there are 800.000 stupid people. There were witness's to this. And Clarkson admitted hitting him.

In 'any' employment, this would be regarded as gross misconduct. And as he has had problems before. Then to me he should be sacked. No person is bigger than the show

If that was me or anyone else, we would be taken before the boss, and sacked on the spot - full stop.

He is a ****, and big headed fool

---------- Post added at 20:56 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

The 'blocked out word' is NOT WHAT YOU THINK - l done say language like that

Stephen 14-03-2015 21:09

Where are your facts again? Clarkson never admitted hitting anyone...

He informed the bbc of the incident before anyone else did. As yet the producer has not filed any complaint.

So to me that is proof it's been blown out of proportion by the media.

If it's not what we think then what is it?

Damien 14-03-2015 21:18

No one knows any facts yet.

Sirius 14-03-2015 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35764716)
To me there are 800.000 stupid people. There were witness's to this. And Clarkson admitted hitting him.

In 'any' employment, this would be regarded as gross misconduct. And as he has had problems before. Then to me he should be sacked. No person is bigger than the show

If that was me or anyone else, we would be taken before the boss, and sacked on the spot - full stop.

He is a ****, and big headed fool

---------- Post added at 20:56 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

The 'blocked out word' is NOT WHAT YOU THINK - l done say language like that

God are you still posting non-factual gibberish

TheDaddy 14-03-2015 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35764720)
No one knows any facts yet.

800 000 people seem to think they do or perhaps they just don't care like Dave

Julian 14-03-2015 23:10

I'm guessing Art is basing his comments on the Mirror

Linky

TheDaddy 15-03-2015 07:06

BBC say Clarkson is like.savile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ke-Savile.html

Not entirely sure about their analogy, I mean ok Clarkson was once in a Morris minor and savile was once in a minor called Morris but that's where the similarities end I think.

Oh and it's being reported on the radio that sources from sky and itv have said they aren't interested in signing Jeremy.

Pierre 15-03-2015 08:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35764758)

Oh and it's being reported on the radio that sources from sky and itv have said they aren't interested in signing Jeremy.

Like Clarkson could give a toss. He's already made a fortune of it, and if it continues he'll still receive a cut.

He has columns in the Sun and Times and brings out a bestselling book and video every year.

He doesn't need top gear.

In fact the BBC are in a no win situation. If they sack him they'll incur all the bad publicity that goes with it and possibly lose Top Gear. If they keep him they'll incur all the bad publicity that goes with it, and then he might turn around and quit anyway.

Either way, I think this is it for Top Gear.

deadite66 15-03-2015 08:22

It's the BBC, wanna bet they try to replace Clarkson with a woman.

Sirius 15-03-2015 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadite66 (Post 35764768)

They will turn it in to the best dam Greens advert the world has ever seen :LOL:

End of the day its the BBC they will just mess it up and it will fail as without Clarkson its nothing.

Damien 15-03-2015 09:03

I don't think anyone could effectively replace Clarkson but why would a woman be so outrageous? They have *gasp* a woman presenting Formula 1 and she does the job.

papa smurf 15-03-2015 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35764777)
I don't think anyone could effectively replace Clarkson but why would a woman be so outrageous? They have *gasp* a woman presenting Formula 1 and she does the job.

your crossing that line ;)

i can see it now and here we have a lovely pink fiat panda with stick on eyelashes and 200 Teddy's on the dash ,it has enough room for the kids and the shopping blaaaa blaaa ....... its narrow enough to miss the gate posts and also ensures you dont destroy the door of the car parked next to you when you exit the car at tesco ,it has a large makeup mirror conveniently placed in the center and there is enough room on the floor to accommodate a whole weeks worth of McDonald's wrappings ..

Sirius 15-03-2015 09:12

Quote:

I don't have a problem with a woman doing it at all, i have a problem with how the BBC *might* change the program. To be honest should Clarkson go then i will not be watching his replacement.

papa smurf 15-03-2015 09:48

Quote:

she's only there as eye candy :bsmack::bump:

heero_yuy 15-03-2015 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadite66 (Post 35764768)

Clair Balding: "The dyke with a bike" seems to be in the frame.:D

deadite66 15-03-2015 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35764789)
Clair Balding: "The dyke with a bike" seems to be in the frame.:D

The woman who bullied the jockey on TV, she'll fit in nicely.

martyh 15-03-2015 10:03

It's hilarious how many posters in this thread insist they don't need a tv licence or fell aggrieved at buying one because they "don't watch BBC channels" or "never watch any BBC produced programs" :D

Sirius 15-03-2015 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35764793)
It's hilarious how many posters in this thread insist they don't need a tv licence or fell aggrieved at buying one because they "don't watch BBC channels" or "never watch any BBC produced programs" :D

I watch Top Gear via catchup and as I still pay the TV tax that means as a TV tax payer I can complain to the BBC all I want and will keep doing so. :PP:

heero_yuy 15-03-2015 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35764793)

We haven't watched Top Gear for a good many years as we boycott the BBC. Nothing really worth watching anyway so no loss.