Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   T-Mobile merger - the fallout begins (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33674299)

Matth 27-01-2011 23:18

T-Mobile merger - the fallout begins

Some Virgin Media mobile broadband customers have lost their connections, after becoming the indirect victims of the T-Mobile/Orange merger.

Read more: T-Mobile merger creates Virgin mobile blackspots | Broadband | News | PC Pro http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/broadban...#ixzz1CHQHJ9jj

So, with coverage on the single T-mobile network beginning to suffer, as opposed to the dual network being a bonus, something needs to happen about bringing the virtual networks onboard to the combined network.

This has also hurt "3" coverage, as they lost the use of Orange as a backup.

Were the regulators asleep when they put this through!

mersey70 28-01-2011 08:28

Re: T-Mobile merger - the fallout begins

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matth (Post 35160401)
Some Virgin Media mobile broadband customers have lost their connections, after becoming the indirect victims of the T-Mobile/Orange merger.

Read more: T-Mobile merger creates Virgin mobile blackspots | Broadband | News | PC Pro http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/broadban...#ixzz1CHQHJ9jj

So, with coverage on the single T-mobile network beginning to suffer, as opposed to the dual network being a bonus, something needs to happen about bringing the virtual networks onboard to the combined network.

I think that poster in the second link is getting mixed up. I was told by 3 the agreement for 3's roaming agreement with Orange was transferred to 'Everything Everywhere' which is the name of the new joint venture with T-Mobile, if something has changed I haven't been told as a 3 contract customer.

I can definitely confirm though that on the rare occasion it loses a 3G signal it still roams to 2G, it did when I was on a train on Monday anyway.

Graham M 28-01-2011 11:03

I have a friend on Virgin Mobile whose phone's screen is now showing T-Mobile and he has lost all of his bundles

Dave_M 28-01-2011 17:25

I asked the question to 'The Team' @ VM some time back what would happen should there be a loss of service as a consequence of network integration, their reply was that it would be treated on a case by case basis.

nodrogd 02-02-2011 22:53

Looks like Virgin customers will be using the new combined EE network from the summer.(Look in the 'And there's more to come' section.)

"We’ve always used the T-Mobile network, which covers over 99% of the UK population to provide our service. But from this summer, we’ll use the Everything Everywhere network (the company formed by Orange and T-Mobile). So in some areas where the coverage would otherwise dip, you’ll automatically be able to use either the T-Mobile or the Orange network at the same great Virgin Mobile rates."

Dave_M 24-03-2011 22:01

September according to customer services

Paul 24-03-2011 22:07

Quote:

Why would it be of any concern to the regulators ?

gus0898uk 24-08-2011 23:15

Any further updates on when the Everything Everywhere will kick into action?
TIA

New to cable 25-08-2011 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35198981)
Why would it be of any concern to the regulators ?

Because it relates to Virginhmedia.

Which means Virginmedia and its customers will scream and cry about every new product or innovation that any company in competition with it does. Ensuring that the "regulators" get envolved.

Ultimately other companys will decide to stop investing in content and developing there networks and Virginmedia and its customers will all be very happy when eventually they drag the UK back to the days of expensive mobile/fixed phone calls and limited TV content.

VIRGINMEDIA

If we cant afford it, no one should be allowed it

Dave_M 25-08-2011 17:37

I believe VM are half way through a 6 week or so trial in selected areas, if all goes well then word has it will be rolled out probably late September. Nothing official wrt dates from VM tho :-(

Paul 25-08-2011 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by New to cable (Post 35292333)

Which means Virginmedia and its customers will scream and cry about every new product or innovation that any company in competition with it does. Ensuring that the "regulators" get envolved.

Ultimately other companys will decide to stop investing in content and developing there networks and Virginmedia and its customers will all be very happy when eventually they drag the UK back to the days of expensive mobile/fixed phone calls and limited TV content.

VIRGINMEDIA

Is this an attempt to be sarcastic, because it makes very little sense.

Sirius 25-08-2011 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35292380)

:tu:

Digital Fanatic 25-08-2011 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by New to cable (Post 35292333)

VIRGINMEDIA

What are you on about? Really? :confused:

Hugh 25-08-2011 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic (Post 35292475)

I think the question should be "what are you on? "......;)

Sirius 25-08-2011 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic (Post 35292475)

Its called i have a chip on my shoulder about virgin media so i will rant incoherently at every chance i get and make myself look a complete (insert your preferred word here)

Peter_ 25-08-2011 22:27

No wonder I have that clown on ignore as his posts make less and less sense each time, I tend to wonder what non- prescription items he may be using as well.

Spoiler: 
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

Sirius 26-08-2011 06:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35292512)
No wonder I have that clown on ignore as his posts make less and less sense each time, I tend to wonder what non- prescription items he may be using as well.

Same here, but i was unlucky enough to see one of his posts because someone quoted his complete drivel, Wonder if there is anyway to ignore there quoted drivel as well

BenJSmyth 26-08-2011 23:25

Is there any news on the implementation of Everything/Everywhere for Virgin Mobile?

JMcB 27-08-2011 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenJSmyth (Post 35292871)
Is there any news on the implementation of Everything/Everywhere for Virgin Mobile?

I hope its soon my network coverage is very bad most of the time. Not very impressed:(

Dave_M 27-08-2011 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenJSmyth (Post 35292871)

Think my reply got masked by the verbal diarrhoea that followed. As far as I understand VM are in the midst of a 6 week or so trial in selected areas & if all goes well we could see it rolled out late September. No official dates from VM other than Summer which was then changed to Autumn.

Any insider care to comment?

JMcB 27-08-2011 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave_M (Post 35293070)
Think my reply got masked by the verbal diarrhoea that followed. As far as I understand VM are in the midst of a 6 week or so trial in selected areas & if all goes well we could see it rolled out late September. No official dates from VM other than Summer which was then changed to Autumn.

Any insider care to comment?

Thanks;)

New to cable 27-08-2011 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35292380)

No sarcasm,

Virginmedia resell Skys channels,
Virginmedia resell BT ADSL services
Virginmedia are looking into reselling BT Infinity.

If Virginmedia don't get another providers services they run off crying to ofcom to force other providers to give over there service/product. But yet Virginmedia will not let BT or Sky or any other provider access to the Virginmedia network.

Oh and to anyone who says I'm anti Virginmedia or I HAVE A CHIP ON MY SHOULDER....Look through my last 20 posts, I suspect (an hope lol) you'll see a pretty balanced view.

BenJSmyth 28-08-2011 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by New to cable (Post 35293151)
No sarcasm,

Virginmedia resell Skys channels,
Virginmedia resell BT ADSL services
Virginmedia are looking into reselling BT Infinity.

If Virginmedia don't get another providers services they run off crying to ofcom to force other providers to give over there service/product. But yet Virginmedia will not let BT or Sky or any other provider access to the Virginmedia network.

Oh and to anyone who says I'm anti Virginmedia or I HAVE A CHIP ON MY SHOULDER....Look through my last 20 posts, I suspect (an hope lol) you'll see a pretty balanced view.

This doesn't have any relevance to the original post.

grim reaper 06-09-2011 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by New to cable (Post 35293151)
No sarcasm,

Virginmedia resell Skys channels, as does BT vision and talk talk etc
Virginmedia resell BT ADSL services no ... they sell virgin services over a BT line
Virginmedia are looking into reselling BT Infinity. Wrong again .... virgin are looking at providing there own service over BT's fibre optic (infinity) lines

you need to check the facts before opening your gob :bsmack:

devilincarnate 06-09-2011 16:23

Quote:

Quote:

Virgin Media Business will build 14 regional aggregation networks across the UK to enhance MBNL’s bandwidth capacity. The companies said that the high performance network will give consumers a better mobile experience offering them an improvement in services such as video calling and mobile TV.

“This is a game changer for us,” said Brendan Lynch, director of wholesale markets at Virgin Media Business. “We’re upgrading MBNL to a 1Gbps Ethernet service so it’ll give Everything Everywhere and Three customers the full potential of 3G services. We’re moving the market along with this bandwidth jump.”
http://www.telecoms.com/32422/mbnl-s...edia-business/

StuN 12-09-2011 20:36

I'm on the trial & I can confirm it's still ongoing

Dave_M 12-09-2011 20:57

How long you been on it? Speculation is the trial period is 6 - 8 weeks after which the service will be rolled out to all. VM seem to be staying tight lipped

Stephen 12-09-2011 21:23

I'm not sure what's happening, but in various parts of Glasgow the H connection on my phone displays H+ and it's noticeably faster. Could that be anything to do with the network merger?

JMcB 12-09-2011 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35299494)
I'm not sure what's happening, but in various parts of Glasgow the H connection on my phone displays H+ and it's noticeably faster. Could that be anything to do with the network merger?

Lets hope so, i would be happy with a conection at all;)

BenJSmyth 21-09-2011 19:10

I have been reading on the help and support forums that this has started rolling out to customers. Is anyone able to confirm if this is true or not? I've not received a text message to opt in which is what is being described.

jb66 21-09-2011 19:13

I'm desperate for it, no tmobile signal in my house

bukem 21-09-2011 21:51

Just saw this today on the Virgin's own forum......

This will be rolled out to some customers as we speak, they will get a text asking if they want to opt in. If you dont receive a text you can call in and opt in that way.

So it is all in place now, you just need to call to ask for if you dont get a text.

Some posters on that forum have called CS and they are now officially roaming on the Orange network!

Read the thread here:- http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...ge/td-p/730327

jb66 21-09-2011 21:58

You need to get totech support

andy_m 22-09-2011 08:35

I've had h+ on my display since I first joined virgin mobile about two weeks ago-had no idea what it was but the mobile internet connection is lighting from just about anywhere I've tried it so far. If this is ee I'm impressed.

dilli-theclaw 22-09-2011 08:47

I will have to try and se if I can do this later on, it would be nice to have a decent signal at home.

Stephen 22-09-2011 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_m (Post 35303243)
I've had h+ on my display since I first joined virgin mobile about two weeks ago-had no idea what it was but the mobile internet connection is lighting from just about anywhere I've tried it so far. If this is ee I'm impressed.

I've been getting H+ in parts of Glasgow for a few weeks now. It's so much faster, at first I wasn't sure what it was but it must be to do with the merger.

Hom3r 22-09-2011 10:13

What is H+ (I guess it is faster)?

Will it work with the HTC Desire S?

Stephen 22-09-2011 11:45

Its just like H but faster ;)

Its just a newer version of HSPDA. The Desire S is fairly new so it should work if it has the correct chipset. I have the Galaxy S2.

scotmac 23-09-2011 16:06

You can now opt in by text . Just text the word Yes to 789777 and you get text back to say you can now use the orange network

weesteev 23-09-2011 16:11

H+ is HSUPA, a faster variant of 3G. The EE deal at the moment is about amalgamating cell towers and capacity, there is no additional capacity being put in place. The recent deal you seen with Virgin Media Business providing data services fo MBNL Ltd will increase the backhaul capacity of cell towers from the existing 2Mb or 100Mb switches to Gigabit Fibre connections, providing far superior data capacity to each cell tower.

dilli-theclaw 23-09-2011 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotmac (Post 35303894)
You can now opt in by text . Just text the word Yes to 789777 and you get text back to say you can now use the orange network

Cheers, worked a treat :)

Sirius 23-09-2011 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35303899)
Cheers, worked a treat :)

Indeed i have phoned them and i have since had a txt to say i can now use orange :)

dilli-theclaw 23-09-2011 17:39

I'm almost happy enough to smile mow ;)

jb66 23-09-2011 18:20

LOL, id be ragin if i opted in to gaychat messages or something!

Never worked for me, said there is a problem

Stephen 23-09-2011 19:25

Doesn't work for me.

BenMcr 23-09-2011 19:58

Has worked for me

Cobbydaler 23-09-2011 20:17

And for my wife...

Stephen 23-09-2011 22:54

I got a text back saying there was a problem with my account?

Dave_M 25-09-2011 20:01

Working fine. Straight through to CS and activated within 10 minutes, only difference is I can't see who's calling when on Orange only the number.

JMcB 25-09-2011 21:54

Worked Great for me, got MSG within seconds and so did the Wife's :-)

Test in it work on Monday

Hom3r 25-09-2011 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotmac (Post 35303894)

Quote:

Originally Posted by weesteev (Post 35303898)
H+ is HSUPA, a faster variant of 3G. The EE deal at the moment is about amalgamating cell towers and capacity, there is no additional capacity being put in place. The recent deal you seen with Virgin Media Business providing data services fo MBNL Ltd will increase the backhaul capacity of cell towers from the existing 2Mb or 100Mb switches to Gigabit Fibre connections, providing far superior data capacity to each cell tower.

I guess 789777 if to use both T-Mobile & Orange networks, and not H+

Peter_ 25-09-2011 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMcB (Post 35305131)
Worked Great for me, got MSG within seconds and so did the Wife's :-)

Test in it work on Monday

You can test it manually by going to manual search and choosing Orange.

Datatraveller 26-09-2011 12:06

Well I've had no success setting up National Roaming. I have spoken to Technical Support 3 times since Friday when after trying to register to use the Orange network by the 789777 text message I get a reply saying "Sorry we can't complete your request at the moment as there's a problem on your account". Tech Support tell me that my account is pending & will stay that way until I can't get a signal via T-Mobile & then it will switch over to Orange. But I can't get a T-Mobile signal in my house & nothing is happening.
I have been patient since the merger hoping that my reception problem would be solved as I have an Orange transmitter 400 yards down the road. However if this is the case then unfortunately both me & the other half will be leaving Virgin to enable us to get a signal at home other than standing by the bedroom window to make & receive calls.

jb66 26-09-2011 12:54

Just sent the text just now and it worked, 4 bars happy days

Welshchris 27-09-2011 01:25

Im with orange and up until around 2 months ago i had major issues with them when they were working on the masts in the area doing the intergrating for almost a year and orange were saying ohhh it will be done in a month and it went on and on.

It affected calls where i would try and ring out and every now and then everyone would be engaged and i would have to ring orange from their shop and only thing that cleared it was for them to reset my handset. At first they denied it was their problem and said it was my phone and changed the handset. Secondly they claimed it must be a Sim Card Problem and changed that. Then they admitted it was them which they could have done all along.

It also affected Internet as a lot of the time i couldnt get online and also affected my Google Maps, it would never show correct area usually id be atleast 700 - 1000m away and sometimes showing i was on the move all the time while sitting or laying in my flat.

Roaming works perfect for me. I cannot get a signal from orange at all at the local hospital and it switches str8 to Tmobile and works fine.

weesteev 27-09-2011 12:14

Text worked for me, although I seem to have full Virgin coverage wherever I was before so cant see any difference :)

Stephen 27-09-2011 12:50

Tried the text again and I am still getting a response stating there is a problem with my account.

Great signal anyway so I can wait till the full rollout.

nodrogd 01-10-2011 15:52

Text worked perfectly first time for my folks. Get the usual <pers> text back like when you set up voicemail and then another about a minute later confirming they can now roam onto Orange the next time they turn the phone on.

Roaming is a good temporary solution, but not without pitfalls, as phones will only roam to Orange when there is no T-Mobile signal. At their location they get 2-3 bars upstairs but only 1 downstairs with calls not reliable on T-Mobile. When the phone is forced onto Orange they get solid 5 bars all over the house and can use it anywhere. Some will find this very frustrating.

So looks like it will be a case of "Everything but not quite Everywhere" for a while to come. Roll on full integration.

Matth 04-10-2011 23:10

How annoying, my phone got it, via the YES to 789777, but mine is 3G and usually has good 3G coverage. Mum's Phone, 2G only and sorely in need of better coverage, didn't get it... pretty low on credit, wonder if that makes a difference.

martyh 07-10-2011 18:05

just recieved a text from Virgin mobile saying i can now use Orange network ,just have to restart my phone to activate ,happy days then .Have to say though i have never in the 2yrs i have been with virgin had a problem with the signal ,and when i was with orange i could get a signal anywhere so it has to be a good thing

StuN 07-10-2011 19:13

One quick point... It only works on the 2G signal at the moment. Virgin won't be able to use the Orange 3G signal until January.
Also, BlackBerry users need to make sure they have the latest OS on their handsets before attempting to use national roaming. If they don't, the handset will try to use the Orange 3G network which will cause it to crash. If this does happen to you or anyone you know - you will need to download the latest OS before being able to use the handset again

devilincarnate 09-10-2011 17:55

A bit more on the subject?

Quote:

Graeme Oxby, the executive director of home phone and mobile at Virgin Media, said: "Virgin Media customers already enjoy the UK's fastest broadband and the most advanced TV services, now they'll benefit from enhanced mobile coverage too.

"With our combination of fixed and mobile services, we are uniquely positioned to cater for a new era of 'always on' connectivity, be it with our cutting edge broadband or TiVo service at home or enjoying the latest mobile entertainment while on the go."

Virgin Media will automatically enable customers to use both the Orange and T-Mobile networks from this month, with all customers expected to benefit from the change by the end of the year.

Users will see 'Virgin' as their network name when using the standard Virgin Mobile network, but will see 'virgin' or 'Orange' when roaming into Orange. There will be no changes to tariffs or extra costs from the new network partnership.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/new...here-deal.html

BenMcr 25-11-2011 10:05

From Monday 28th it's being upgraded for Virgin Mobile customers to support seamless in call switching so the call won't drop if it switches to the Orange signal

Matth 25-11-2011 19:02

Interesting, and still failed to get it on mum's phone - are some not compatible at all?

Is it still on "get it early by yes to 789777", or should everything have it by now?

BenMcr 25-11-2011 19:15

Far as I'm aware everyone should get it on the SIM - if it's not working it may well be phone related. What handset is it?

Matth 25-11-2011 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35335304)
Far as I'm aware everyone should get it on the SIM - if it's not working it may well be phone related. What handset is it?

Sagem MY411C (Virgin locked), using my oldest SIM (079418xxxxx) - so maybe if the phone is compatible, maybe the SIM is not, or is on the wrong system.

dilli-theclaw 25-11-2011 20:36

The only way I normally know its switched is when my handset shows edge.

It's all working I'm here.

Vargolsoft 26-11-2011 14:59

My PAYG seems to have been updated sans text message.

Dave_M 28-11-2011 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35334981)
From Monday 28th it's being upgraded for Virgin Mobile customers to support seamless in call switching so the call won't drop if it switches to the Orange signal

That's good news. Do you happen to know how long the rollout will take & is there any action required by customers?

BenMcr 28-11-2011 18:38

Far as I know it's all automatic. You shouldn't notice it happen (which the point of the seamless hand off ;) )

Dave_M 29-11-2011 10:13

Is it a phased rollout, I'm still dropping signal at home.

Alan Fry 29-11-2011 15:56

Will this problem be solved if Virgin Media bought 3 UK

It would have it own network (still linked to everything everywhere) and increase its customer base!

chrispy2000 01-12-2011 21:05

Does anyone know if the number you text to register for Orange still work? Only I forgot that a sim card I keep as a spare wasn't registered so I tried the number 789777 and text YES. Last night I kept getting a message saying, "Sorry! We’re having a bit of technical hitch, but we're working to fix the problem now. Please try again later!"
This evening all I get is a message saying "message failed"

caph 06-12-2011 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by weesteev (Post 35303898)
H+ is HSUPA, a faster variant of 3G.

HSUPA is the upstream technology for HSPA. The same as HSDPA refers to the downstream technology for HSPA. They're both HSPA which will show up with an H symbol on a mobile and has been around for ages.

H+ is a new variant of HSPA called Evolved HSPA. According to the current Wikipedia article you can theoretically get 168MBit downstream! No wonder you guys are getting good speeds!!! Can one of you run SpeedtestMobile and let us know what you get on H+?

Matth 16-12-2011 18:25

Now is my Sagem MY411C correctly set?

After repeatedly failing you get the yes to 789777 to work, (now it's a "technical problem" that it reports), I had a tinker....

I put it into manual network scan, and it showed Virgin (active), O2 (FORB), Orange (FORB), Vodaphone (FORB). So all other networks forbidden.
Crossed fingers, and then hit "activate" against Orange ... waiting for reply from network... Connected - and yes, it did work on Orange.

Put it back on auto, and it went onto Virgin, and then when I moved a few paces into a blackspot, it switched to Orange (with a R - roaming?). Does it need to get the proper switchover message to make it seamless?

BenMcr 16-12-2011 20:37

Ignore the 'R' thing, that doesn't mean anything for this

Also the seamless switching is in-call, so you'd need to try it whilst on a call to confirm how well it works

Dave_M 19-12-2011 09:22

Seamless in call switching is working fine but is there any indication as to when VM phones will automatically switch to the strongest available signal? I repeatedly loose the T-Mobile signal at home but it can be a minute or two before the phone switches to the Orange network (full signal) & even if I try to call with no T Mobile signal there is the same delay before acquiring the Orange signal. Manually selecting takes time & also I have to switch back to get 3G services.

BenMcr 19-12-2011 10:00

I would assume that'll happen once the 3G data access is the same across both networks.

Because you only get 2G when on Orange I assume it's set to seek your 'home' network first

BenJSmyth 19-12-2011 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave_M (Post 35347739)
Seamless in call switching is working fine but is there any indication as to when VM phones will automatically switch to the strongest available signal? I repeatedly loose the T-Mobile signal at home but it can be a minute or two before the phone switches to the Orange network (full signal) & even if I try to call with no T Mobile signal there is the same delay before acquiring the Orange signal. Manually selecting takes time & also I have to switch back to get 3G services.

I find this is a problem as well. It take a little while to get an Orange signal but will quickly flick back to T Mobile even though the signal is really weak. It then quickly loses the signal again and the cycle starts over.

Hopefully this will improve though as the service matures.

BenMcr 09-01-2012 13:16

Virgin Mobile customers can now get 3G when on the 'virgin' network

Stephen 09-01-2012 15:29

Fab news :)

BenMcr 09-01-2012 15:40

Have now tried it with my Galaxy S II and it'll actually do 'H', but doesn't yet seem to have the 'H+' that the T-Mobile bit of the network does

Sirius 09-01-2012 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35357773)

Excellent news Ben

Dave_M 09-01-2012 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35357773)

Any indication as to when Virgin will lock on to the strongest available signal by default?

BenMcr 09-01-2012 17:57

Not yet, don't think it's something that Orange or T-Mobile customers get yet is it?

jb66 09-01-2012 19:03

Woohoo, leaving it on orange now :)

greeninferno 09-01-2012 19:24

Would it now be possible to ditch an Orange mobile broadband dongle and get a Virgin one and still have the access to the Orange speeds?

BenMcr 09-01-2012 21:51

I think the network sharing applies to phones only at the moment as far as I'm aware - it's not yet done for broadband dongles

greeninferno 09-01-2012 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35358139)
I think the network sharing applies to phones only at the moment as far as I'm aware - it's not yet done for broadband dongles

ah OK.

thanks for that.

BenJSmyth 11-01-2012 11:42

This is fab news, cheers for the update Ben.

StuN 11-01-2012 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeninferno (Post 35358051)
Would it now be possible to ditch an Orange mobile broadband dongle and get a Virgin one and still have the access to the Orange speeds?

In a word, yes

BenMcr 11-01-2012 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35358139)

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuN (Post 35359222)
In a word, yes

I don't mind being wrong when it's good news ;)

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/gener...t.howdoi.sm660

Quote:

Can I use Oranges 3G network with Mobile Broadband too?
Absolutely. And, like with your phone or tablet, youll still only pay the same great Virgin Mobile prices.

greeninferno 11-01-2012 16:26

It doesn't appear that simple or clear though?

Quote:

When will I get to use Oranges 3G network?
Were setting up everyones access to Oranges 3G network in stages. Over the next few months well get round to all our customers, and well send you a text when its ready to use.
what time frame does the next few months refer to?

also

Quote:

So, will I always be on the network with best signal strength, wherever I am?
Not exactly. You see, your phone will always look for the Virgin Mobile network first, whether its a 3G or 2G signal. If it cant find a Virgin Mobile signal at all, itll automatically switch to Oranges network.
does this refer specifically to phones or mobile broadband as well?

is there a difference when looking for the signal?

BenMcr 11-01-2012 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeninferno (Post 35359463)
what time frame does the next few months refer to?

Exactly what it says.

Quote:

does this refer specifically to phones or mobile broadband as well?

is there a difference when looking for the signal?
It applies to both I would expect

greeninferno 11-01-2012 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35359475)
Exactly what it says.

there is no date on the page. when was it first published?

Quote:

It applies to both I would expect
is there anywhere online you could find out as i don't have a virgin mobile so would never be any the wiser?

BenMcr 11-01-2012 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeninferno (Post 35359626)
there is no date on the page. when was it first published?

Well considering the 3G sharing was only switched on on Monday, that question and answer would be from this week

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeninferno (Post 35359626)
is there anywhere online you could find out as i don't have a virgin mobile so would never be any the wiser?

I will feedback the FAQs could be clearer around the broadband dongle side of things