Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   50M : Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33675644)

djfunkdup 23-12-2011 16:26

Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysalis (Post 35349604)
yep as far as I know there is no priority given to higher tier customers under congestion so a 100mbit customer could be seeing 11mbit speeds a near 90% drop whilst a 10mbit customer could still see full speed.

i don't think that is correct....i get 90-100 Mbps 247 :erm: even when the local UBR is loaded @ 42% i can still hit these speeds

Chrysalis 23-12-2011 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfunkdup (Post 35349962)
i don't think that is correct....i get 90-100 Mbps 247 :erm: even when the local UBR is loaded @ 42% i can still hit these speeds

42% is low for VM.

So the fact your UBR is relatively uncongested means what to my statement?

craigj2k12 23-12-2011 20:09

with 200mbit of available bandwidth, the uBR would need to be over 50% load before you would see any speed reduction, so at 42% your going to be hitting full speed 24/7

kwikbreaks 24-12-2011 10:02

I guess it all depends at what level you are measuring. The 200Mbps is at the node level (or even sub node? - depends on definitions) and the modems served will be in the low (hopefully very low) hundreds. You could have a completely borked node yet the overall CMTS (which I think serve several thousand modems) could be at a tiny overall utilisation level.

That is a couple of torrent freaks nearby may wipe out your street but they will have no impact at all on the overall district. This is why cable is more susceptible to heavy usage than xDSL where the contention point is thousands of users on far fatter pipes.

Unless of course (as is often the case) I've got it all wrong.

Chrysalis 24-12-2011 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwikbreaks (Post 35350232)
I guess it all depends at what level you are measuring. The 200Mbps is at the node level (or even sub node? - depends on definitions) and the modems served will be in the low (hopefully very low) hundreds. You could have a completely borked node yet the overall CMTS (which I think serve several thousand modems) could be at a tiny overall utilisation level.

That is a couple of torrent freaks nearby may wipe out your street but they will have no impact at all on the overall district. This is why cable is more susceptible to heavy usage than xDSL where the contention point is thousands of users on far fatter pipes.

Thats possible as I understand it.

eg. leics only had 1 ubr covering the entire city so that ubr would be serving several nodes at the very least. The situation described probably does exist in some areas and makes a mockery of what VM are doing since clearly things can be balanced better but are not.

Ignitionnet 24-12-2011 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwikbreaks (Post 35350232)

That's fine, though there is no 'sub node'. The node is as far as it goes and there's no way to break modems down into smaller groups apart from adding more channels and spreading devices across them.

Each 10k can hold 8 cable line cards, one line card that comes to mind can have 72 downstreams and 60 upstreams, split that 12 ways you've 12 service groups of 6 downstreams and 5 upstreams.

Basically fully load a Cisco 10k with that you've close to 24Gbps of downstream and, using the current schemes VM are, 8.7Gbps of upstream capacity.

craigj2k12 24-12-2011 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ignitionnet (Post 35350378)
Each 10k can hold 8 cable line cards, one line card that comes to mind can have 72 downstreams and 60 upstreams, split that 12 ways you've 12 service groups of 6 downstreams and 5 upstreams.

Basically fully load a Cisco 10k with that you've close to 24Gbps of downstream and, using the current schemes VM are, 8.7Gbps of upstream capacity.

So what are VM using, if they have this many upstream channels available why do they all seem so congested? Most areas are using 4 downstreams and 1 upstream, and if theres 72 down and 60 up, why cant it be 4 down and 3 up for each modem, that would certainly lower ping and jitter and stop TBB ping graphs looking like a house fire.

Im sure theres a reason why not, but I cant work it out myself :D

Ignitionnet 24-12-2011 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysalis (Post 35350345)
Thats possible as I understand it.

eg. leics only had 1 ubr covering the entire city so that ubr would be serving several nodes at the very least. The situation described probably does exist in some areas and makes a mockery of what VM are doing since clearly things can be balanced better but are not.

Given there are 17 of them there in Leicester's own hub site now, 4 of which are Motorola BSRs VM must have been pretty busy getting the other 16 onto the network in such a short time, and of course there is also the minor issue that Leicester is served by more than one hub site, so VM must've done something pretty special and made Leicester pretty unique for a city served by Leicester and Northfields (which has 12 VXRs and 2x10k) to all be hooked to a single uBR.

I must admit I struggle to see exactly why VM would put 2 Motorola BSRs into my hub with its 4 VXRs, one of which was only half full, and only use 1 for a site with 13 VXRs.

If space were a problem they'd either wait until more space was available or do a displacement build, swapping VXRs for BSRs directly.

That was well worth clicking the 'View Post' button for.

---------- Post added at 15:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigj2k12 (Post 35350379)
So what are VM using, if they have this many upstream channels available why do they all seem so congested? Most areas are using 4 downstreams and 1 upstream, and if theres 72 down and 60 up, why cant it be 4 down and 3 up for each modem, that would certainly lower ping and jitter and stop TBB ping graphs looking like a house fire.

Im sure theres a reason why not, but I cant work it out myself :D

Most areas with any kind of load are using multiple upstreams, in addition most areas have more than one node sharing the downstream, say the 4 downstreams split across 2 nodes, with each node having 2 independent upstreams.

Very few areas running on a single DOCSIS 2 upstream, majority of issues are down to 100Mb users going nuts and bad congestion handling by the Cisco 10k. You can tell a congested Motorola from a congested 10k pretty easily.

Once line card swaps are finished VM can do upstream bonding.

kwikbreaks 24-12-2011 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ignitionnet (Post 35350378)
The node is as far as it goes and there's no way to break modems down into smaller groups apart from adding more channels and spreading devices across them.

That's what I was wondering about when I invented the term sub-node - I wondered if a "node" whatever it may be could have multiple channel groupings giving it more than 200/18.

Ignitionnet 24-12-2011 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwikbreaks (Post 35350390)
That's what I was wondering about when I invented the term sub-node - I wondered if a "node" whatever it may be could have multiple channel groupings giving it more than 200/18.

Yes they could but there's no point, far better to bond all the channels together.

A node however is a physical construct, what you're talking about would be called a service group.

Chrysalis 24-12-2011 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ignitionnet (Post 35350383)
Given there are 17 of them there in Leicester's own hub site now, 4 of which are Motorola BSRs VM must have been pretty busy getting the other 16 onto the network in such a short time, and of course there is also the minor issue that Leicester is served by more than one hub site, so VM must've done something pretty special and made Leicester pretty unique for a city served by Leicester and Northfields (which has 12 VXRs and 2x10k) to all be hooked to a single uBR.

I must admit I struggle to see exactly why VM would put 2 Motorola BSRs into my hub with its 4 VXRs, one of which was only half full, and only use 1 for a site with 13 VXRs.

If space were a problem they'd either wait until more space was available or do a displacement build, swapping VXRs for BSRs directly.

That was well worth clicking the 'View Post' button for.

---------- Post added at 15:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

Most areas with any kind of load are using multiple upstreams, in addition most areas have more than one node sharing the downstream, say the 4 downstreams split across 2 nodes, with each node having 2 independent upstreams.

Very few areas running on a single DOCSIS 2 upstream, majority of issues are down to 100Mb users going nuts and bad congestion handling by the Cisco 10k. You can tell a congested Motorola from a congested 10k pretty easily.

I cannot remember exactly where i got the info of one UBR from, but it was mentioned in the leics LE3 thread on here which you took part in. However as that thread is so long I dont have the motivation now to dig through it looking for specifics. I never did say my info was right tho just based on what I had previously been told.

One thing I do remember is when I questioned if one ubr is not enough for a city, you did reply saying there was nothing unusual about it and we had that discussion about the population of the city and the takeup levels.

Whether or not this was a misunderstanding or just to mislead me so you can correct me later on I will never know but that thread is where it was previously discussed.

In regards to the other hub site I havent seen any city of leics properties using it although I was already aware of it serving part of leicestershire.

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

Quote:

The obvious question to this is if VM are ok sharing one set of downstream channels to multiple nodes, why do they feel the need to split off the upstreams isolating the 2 nodes from each other on the upstreams?

kwikbreaks 27-12-2011 10:26

Quote:

... majority of issues are down to 100Mb users going nuts and bad congestion handling by the Cisco 10k.

I'm glad to see someone with a knowledge of cable workings post this. I'm pretty convinced that a single 100Mbps user is what has taken my area down the tubes because of the speed it happened and the obvious steps in TBB graphs which must be caused by the actions of a single user to happen so often.

The next question of course is why did VM with years of running their networks permit it to happen?

roughbeast 27-12-2011 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwikbreaks (Post 35351237)
II'm pretty convinced that a single 100Mbps user is what has taken my area down the tubes because of the speed it happened and the obvious steps in TBB graphs which must be caused by the actions of a single user to happen so often.

It could have been me. Yesterday we downloaded my wife's work files, (25Gb), from Livedrive to her local machine. Download rate >8MB (yes MB). At the same time browsing, video streaming and gaming were happening in the house without problems. This is what 100Mb was designed for.

Are you saying I should have been happy with <6MB download speed because VM should not have sold me the 100Mb service?

craigj2k12 28-12-2011 01:09

dont know who is taking mine out but it was rock solid before they did some changes network end

kwikbreaks 28-12-2011 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by roughbeast (Post 35351366)
Are you saying I should have been happy with <6MB download speed because VM should not have sold me the 100Mb service?

I quite frankly don't care how much you download or how fast because you are not even in the same town let alone the same node as me.

It is possible that some of your neighbours are wondering why their iPlayer was constantly rebuffering yesterday but then again maybe not - it just depends on how many were trying to use the remaining bandwidth on your node. That shouldn't bother you of course because, as you say, you are using the 100Mbps service exactly as it is advertised to be used.

qasdfdsaq 31-12-2011 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysalis (Post 35350457)
The obvious question to this is if VM are ok sharing one set of downstream channels to multiple nodes, why do they feel the need to split off the upstreams isolating the 2 nodes from each other on the upstreams?

The obvious answer would be (I'm guessing) because upstream bonding doesn't work yet.

Chrysalis 31-12-2011 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq (Post 35352859)
The obvious answer would be (I'm guessing) because upstream bonding doesn't work yet.

They dont need to bond.

I think you have misunderstood my question.

eg. on docsis1 VM share 4 channels between all users in a given pool. But the users can only use 1 channel at a time.

In uplifted areas a pool of users share eg. 4 downstream channels but that pool of users is split into 2 seperate 2x upstream channel pools not all sharing the same upstream channels so its possible for one half to have good upstream and the other to have congested, or have I got this wrong?

Ignitionnet 31-12-2011 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq (Post 35352859)

It's for capacity, spectrum usage and SNR, smaller nodes have better SNR as there's less devices and taps on them to cause noise, having nodes physically segmented means that the same clean frequencies can be used rather than having to extensively stack, it reduces laser load as there's less RF hitting the node and 2 x 18Mbps for each node is twice the capacity of splitting 2 channels between them.

It makes perfect sense to do this, indeed VM have always done it. It was far from uncommon for ntl and Telewest to split a downstream across 2 or more nodes while having the 6 upstream ports split between them on an MC16 card.

EDIT: Just FYI upstream bonding works fine however it required new line cards on both 10k and BSR, the BSR requires the RX48, the 10k needs the MC20X20V or MC3GX60V.

Neo-Tech 31-12-2011 21:21

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...31-12-2011.png

Been like this for nearly 2 days now. :/
And no, I'm not downloading anything.

Mr.A.2009 08-01-2012 16:17

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...08-01-2012.png

Everything before 3pm was on upstream channel 3. After resetting the modem countless times to try and change the upstream channel, i was finally put on channel 2. As you can see my connection has improved 10 fold :erm:

Chrysalis 08-01-2012 16:18

classic VM load balancing in action :)

JeDuK 08-01-2012 16:22

how you make it switch channel?? switch on/off or press small rest button?

Chrysalis 08-01-2012 16:22

yeah power cycle it and hope, in my view reseting the config to factory defaults helps on the superhub.

Mr.A.2009 08-01-2012 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeDuK (Post 35357307)
how you make it switch channel?? switch on/off or press small rest button?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysalis (Post 35357309)
yeah power cycle it and hope, in my view reseting the config to factory defaults helps on the superhub.

Restore to factory default through super hub settings. Make sure you take note as to which channel you were on before hand.

SnoopZ 08-01-2012 16:59

What channel Ids are there for upstream as mine is already on 2 and i am getting high utilisation at peak times judging by my graph! Should i try and get on another channel by power cycling as my levels are all fine and i have already had a repull?

Below is what my graph looked like on Christmas day when no one was online over Christmas, and it looks fine.

kwikbreaks 08-01-2012 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35357330)
Below is what my graph looked like on Christmas day when no one was online over Christmas....

They must have all been visiting the folks in my street. I see my graph for Christmas day looks better than usual but it's far from perfect.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...25-12-2011.png

Mad Bee 09-01-2012 10:28

The misery continues in Shepherd's Bush!

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

SnoopZ 09-01-2012 10:45

I wouldn't pay for a service like that Mad Bee!

Martin_D 09-01-2012 11:29

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...09-01-2012.png

qasdfdsaq 09-01-2012 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Bee (Post 35357672)

There's something seriously wrong with your connection, I wouldn't know where to start but quite frankly that's the worst graph I've ever seen.

bo0rk 09-01-2012 21:18

Changing upstream channel improved my connection a bit. Crazy pings on Channel 1 and 2, But very nice pings on Channel 3. Is there a channel 4?

Chrysalis 10-01-2012 03:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq (Post 35357986)
There's something seriously wrong with your connection, I wouldn't know where to start but quite frankly that's the worst graph I've ever seen.

Ive seen worse on VM.

kwikbreaks 10-01-2012 06:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq (Post 35357986)
I wouldn't know where to start...

Well as it won't be fixed by rebooting the router there's not a lot of point in phoning it in but asking about the packet loss and querying the utilisation on the VM community board would be where I'd start - assuming the only alternative is a 5km line to a BT only exchange - if not I'd start by checking out the alternatives to cable at http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.php

crazyronnie 11-01-2012 22:25

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...11-01-2012.png

fragless 11-01-2012 23:06

Snap?

Just started wtf is going on.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/01/89.png

crazyronnie 11-01-2012 23:07

i think its a thinkbroadband issue.

I've been chatting to another forum user who is up in Glasgow and he also has noticed the same on his TBB graph

fragless 11-01-2012 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyronnie (Post 35359849)
i think its a thinkbroadband issue.

I've been chatting to another forum user who is up in Glasgow and he also has noticed the same on his TBB graph

Thank you ;)

marc2003 11-01-2012 23:16

phew, glad it's not just me. i'm seeing the same in cheltenham.

SnoopZ 11-01-2012 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by fragless (Post 35359847)
Snap?

Just started wtf is going on.

Exactly the same issues here, your graph is a mirror image of mine, my internet seems really slow though so it maybe a nationwide fault, but the status page says my internet is fine?

crazyronnie 11-01-2012 23:26

My internet is fine. Xbox live gaming, video streaming and speedtest gives my connection a clean bill of health.

djfunkdup 11-01-2012 23:26

Yip guys same here in glasgow..

my graph is the same as yours.. the 100Mb team are open untill midnight..

as i was saying to ronnie..my missus had a long and hard day at work lol...and my crown jewles will get detatched if i call them up and start mummbling to some tech guy

so if any of you fancy it....give the tech team a call

Mr.A.2009 11-01-2012 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35359857)
Exactly the same issues here, your graph is a mirror image of mine, my internet seems really slow though so it maybe a nationwide fault, but the status page says my internet is fine?

Same here mate. Browsing definitely feels much slower than usual.

qasdfdsaq 11-01-2012 23:29

VM path to TB is broken. It seems to be VM-specific, not TB specific.

Quick 2-minute check seems to show problems in VM's core network somewhere.

SnoopZ 11-01-2012 23:29

i was getting 150 ping on a test but i was wireless at the time so hopefully things are ok, well its never ok with my congestion at peak times.

crazyronnie 11-01-2012 23:40

My speed is great. I think its the TBB graphs playing mind games, making you think that browsing is slightly slower.

But then again browsing maybe slower for some

---------- Post added at 23:40 ---------- Previous post was at 23:32 ----------

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/01/88.png

seems to be going back to normal now. will have to wait half an hour to get a better view.

SnoopZ 11-01-2012 23:42

Yes it is returning to its normal crappy state here.

djfunkdup 11-01-2012 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35359876)
Yes it is returning to its normal crappy state here.

Yip seams to be falling back into place...well hopefully it is.. :)

qasdfdsaq 11-01-2012 23:50

That's just the congestion easing. Whatever's broken is still broken - you just can't tell as bad because there's less load on the backup.

djfunkdup 11-01-2012 23:50

My graph in real time ..eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkk

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/12/65.png

crazyronnie 11-01-2012 23:52

i noticed that red lines from top to bottom occurs when the modem is off. Did you reboot your modem djfunkdup?

djfunkdup 11-01-2012 23:52

Yip if you look on the right hand edge of my live graph you can see it is defo returning to normal..another 10 min and hopefully it will be fixed again..

Sephiroth 11-01-2012 23:54

I had the same VM graph as others just posted. Here's my very unusual BT Infinity Graph. So it seems not to be VM specific, IMO.

djfunkdup 11-01-2012 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyronnie (Post 35359882)
i noticed that red lines from top to bottom occurs when the modem is off. Did you reboot your modem djfunkdup?

yea ronnie before i came on here to see if anyone else was having problems..i did a reboot on the hub for 45 sec and then powered it back up..

as you can see it made no difference

crazyronnie 11-01-2012 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 35359885)
I had the same VM graph as others just posted. Here's my very unusual BT Infinity Graph. So it seems not to be VM specific, IMO.

Agreed. My thoughts were that TBB were having some issues.

djfunkdup 11-01-2012 23:56

Quote:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...11-01-2012.png

is that a live graph seph of your infinity connection ?? and has it ever behaved like this before?

qasdfdsaq 12-01-2012 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyronnie (Post 35359887)

Yet it's fine to O2, Be, JANET and various destinations abroad.

djfunkdup 12-01-2012 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyronnie (Post 35359887)

Yea ronnie i thought that as well...but i am defo having sluggish loading times for pages to open now..and browsing is without a doubt sticky to say the least..

but doing speed tests ect everything is fine..and doing a ping test on speedtest.net i am getting the usual 23 ms and 4 on jitter...

ping to bbc.co.uk is 23 ms

ping to virginmedia.co.uk is 22 ms

weird man....

crazyronnie 12-01-2012 00:02

Apart from the issues from 8-11 sephiroth. Thats one fine looking internet connection...LOL

qasdfdsaq 12-01-2012 00:02

Quote:

Odd, not quite the same signature, but close enough timing to suspect it being related somehow. But as mentioned, TB to and from 4 other destinations remains fine. Either way there's still 20-40ms latency spikes in VM's core where there shouldn't be.

Any traceroute(s)?

[Edit]
I do wonder, what if something in VM's core caused traffic to re-route onto a backup link, and that backup link also transits over the same paths as BT's primary, overloading the other side of the link with the combined traffic and causing BT graphs to spike as well?

Sephiroth 12-01-2012 00:09

I didn't catch this till after the event so no relevant tracert. Performance was OK though.

crazyronnie 12-01-2012 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfunkdup (Post 35359892)
Yea ronnie i thought that as well...but i am defo having sluggish loading times for pages to open now..and browsing is without a doubt sticky to say the least..

but doing speed tests ect everything is fine..and doing a ping test on speedtest.net i am getting the usual 23 ms and 4 on jitter...

ping to bbc.co.uk is 23 ms

ping to virginmedia.co.uk is 22 ms

weird man....

yeah most definitely

djfunkdup 12-01-2012 01:31

Just managed to get back online 2 min ago..... i was discod there for a while.lights had turned green on the SHUB.back to flashing blue now :p:

---------- Post added at 01:31 ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 ----------

ooffffttttt :erm::erm::erm::erm: what was that all about lol..

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/12/65.png

bo0rk 12-01-2012 12:02

Done some pings during that period and all was fine, defo tbb error.

That bt infinity graph has made me really jel lol :<

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...12-01-2012.png

SnoopZ 12-01-2012 12:09

It wasn't a TBB error if you read the thread. :)

bo0rk 12-01-2012 12:12

Oh i disagree, I had full download speeds and perfect ping during the whole period. So my connection was fine.

SnoopZ 12-01-2012 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by bo0rk (Post 35360138)
Oh i disagree, I had full download speeds and perfect ping during the whole period. So my connection was fine.

I didn't my connection was knackered, like i said read the thread. ;)

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35359894-post859.html

Mad Bee 12-01-2012 12:18

Looks like something could be happening in west London.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/01/87.png

Haven't seen average or maximum results since like the ones post 10am today since I setup the monitor.

The fix date was meant to be 10th Jan but has been put back until 18th so we'll see I guess.

bo0rk 12-01-2012 12:19

I did read it, And im not the only one who said there connection was fine during the period, So ;)

SnoopZ 12-01-2012 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by bo0rk (Post 35360145)
I did read it, And im not the only one who said there connection was fine during the period, So ;)

You obviously didn't as you will some other providers didn't have this issue.

Quote:

Yet it's fine to O2, Be, JANET and various destinations abroad.
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35359891-post856.html

bo0rk 12-01-2012 12:26

I was more talking about the BT infinity guy tbh, But i guess vm and bt use the same network or something?

SnoopZ 12-01-2012 12:30

Sephiroth knows his stuff so hopefully he can explain that 1, but from what i have read in this thread, it is likely due to a rooting issue.

buckleb 12-01-2012 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Bee (Post 35360142)
Looks like something could be happening in west London.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/01/87.png

Haven't seen average or maximum results since like the ones post 10am today since I setup the monitor.

The fix date was meant to be 10th Jan but has been put back until 18th so we'll see I guess.

Yes something did happen last night, browsing was fine though (which is all I was doing) so it didn't really cause any grief.

I sometimes wonder how reliable the actual pinging device is, but it seems to have been OK up 'til now.

qasdfdsaq 12-01-2012 13:25

The ping device is/was fine:

buckleb 12-01-2012 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq (Post 35360207)
The ping device is/was fine:

I expect it is, but the packet loss on 2 of the 3 graphs (and mine) is rather coincidental don't you think, given that they are different networks?

Mad Bee 13-01-2012 10:45

I'm not going to get carried away just yet but :woot:

pabscars 13-01-2012 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Bee (Post 35360864)
I'm not going to get carried away just yet but :woot:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/m...13-01-2012.png

I cant see anything ? :confused:

Mad Bee 13-01-2012 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by pabscars (Post 35360880)
I cant see anything ? :confused:

Exactly. After weeks of this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Bee (Post 35357672)

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...08-01-2012.png

...it's great :)

pabscars 13-01-2012 11:50

No I meant, I can't see any picture at all in post No 875, yet I can see your TBB graph attached in the post above ???

Chrysalis 13-01-2012 12:07

yes the image doesnt exist.

Dash: CF noob 04-02-2012 14:04

How's THAT!!!!!!

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...4-02-2012.html

Also a live graph for future reference

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...4a9dee0db.html

Please advise if i have done this wrong thanks........

SnoopZ 04-02-2012 15:17

That's what my graph used to look like at 6pm, but over the last week or so it has improved.

For future reference if you want to post an image rather than a link then click the 'envelope icon' and add the link to it.

Dash: CF noob 04-02-2012 15:33

Thanks i'll try that next time.

Neo-Tech 05-02-2012 12:54

Last Saturday:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...28-01-2012.png

This Saturday:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...04-02-2012.png

Wow. It's been like that all week this week. What the hell has happened?

JeDuK 05-02-2012 19:31

the joys of 50mb :(

cant even stream 360p on |YouTube without buffer every 15 seconds

Skie 05-02-2012 19:39

Three weeks ago:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...15-01-2012.png

Now:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...05-02-2012.png

*shrugs*

Stephen 06-02-2012 17:42

My connection has been great recently. Currently using the VMNG300 and a D-Link router.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/02/88.png

thenry 06-02-2012 18:00

2 Attachment(s)
mines got worse.. (red is the SH turned off)

thenry 06-02-2012 18:00

compared to last year...

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35293135-post624.html

adzii_nufc 10-02-2012 08:12

This is good or? I don't do graphs :D

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/02/70.png

pabscars 10-02-2012 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35379204)
This is good or? I don't do graphs :D

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/02/70.png

Very respectable :)

hjf288 10-02-2012 09:24

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/06/97.png

Ignore the VMNG its actually the Superhub now since the VMNG died... :(

thenry 10-02-2012 13:58

Very nice adz

Mine still sucks.. Not as bad as your hjf.. Yet!

qasdfdsaq 10-02-2012 15:00

boroboi 10-02-2012 16:06

I seem to have quite a lot of spikes, even when my connection isn't in use between about 12 am and 2 pm

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/02/65.png

hjf288 10-02-2012 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35379401)
Very nice adz

Mine still sucks.. Not as bad as your hjf.. Yet!

Mine looks horrible but it actually doesn't perform that bad..

I always seem to get near to my downstream and my games don't lag really... which is strange

craigj2k12 10-02-2012 17:38

my signature still stands true :P

qasdfdsaq 10-02-2012 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by hjf288 (Post 35379560)
Mine looks horrible but it actually doesn't perform that bad..

I always seem to get near to my downstream and my games don't lag really... which is strange

I used to get something like that too. Looks more like upstream congestion rather than downstream. Downstream, which is what I have now, looks slightly different.

Of course, too much upstream congestion can cause your downstream to perform poorly too

marc2003 12-02-2012 12:30

mine is much improved compared to a few weeks ago.

then:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...29-01-2012.png

now:
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/02/61.png

qasdfdsaq 12-02-2012 22:13

Good job my BT Infinity install is scheduled for Thursday, a week after signing up my top-of-the-line 50mb "fibre optic" VM connection's dropped to become slower than my fairly middling 3G mobile phone, though it's the first time my mobile's beat VM in both download and upload speed.
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/02/59.pnghttps://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/02/57.png
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/02/58.pnghttps://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/02/60.png

Chrysalis 13-02-2012 09:11

1 Attachment(s)
last 24 hours.

I just swapped the US yet again hoping for some kind of relief.