Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Police to get tough on internet trolls. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33703445)

Maggy 28-08-2016 11:28

Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

At least online you can just walk away..The choice is yours.

RichardCoulter 28-08-2016 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35856296)
At least online you can just walk away..The choice is yours.

The problem is that it isn't as simple as that where children and vulnerable adults are concerned.

I also believe that online bullying does need to be addressed as opposed to being ignored, if one person doesn't give these people the attention that they crave, they are very likely to move onto someone else who they percieve to be weaker than themselves due to disability, age, sex etc.

RizzyKing 28-08-2016 23:54

We cannot defend everyone every minute of the day on the internet be lovely if we could but it just cannot be done and sorry Maggy is right online it is easy to remove yourself from an unpleasant situation. Where are all these resources coming from to deal with this???? cuts are being made in so many area's but we're meant to allocate resources to protecting people online. This is why the country's in a mess too much expected of too little and personal initiative and responsibility becoming alien concepts to some people.

Osem 29-08-2016 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by RizzyKing (Post 35856406)
We cannot defend everyone every minute of the day on the internet be lovely if we could but it just cannot be done and sorry Maggy is right online it is easy to remove yourself from an unpleasant situation. Where are all these resources coming from to deal with this???? cuts are being made in so many area's but we're meant to allocate resources to protecting people online. This is why the country's in a mess too much expected of too little and personal initiative and responsibility becoming alien concepts to some people.

Agree 100%.

For an increasing number of people it seems far easier for them the absolve themselves of any responsibility for the situations they place themselves in.

Taf 29-08-2016 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35856442)
Agree 100%.

For an increasing number of people it seems far easier for them the absolve themselves of any responsibility for the situations they place themselves in.

Or cause in some cases. I've witnessed a few trolls getting comeback quite often.

Osem 29-08-2016 12:04

Well I think it's easy to be 'tough' hiding behind a keyboard but a dose of reality isn't quite so palatable to them.

techguyone 29-08-2016 15:23

The whole thread can be summed up as: Good intentioned law, soon to be abused by many ill informed, thin skinned looking for compensation/revenge professional victims.

Shortly found to be unmanageable due to the ever increasing numbers of people who feel butt hurt about something. Because for some reason today we've all turned into pc jellyfish.

And you know the biggest shame of all?
The biggest shame will be that the genuine people in there will be hidden amongst the ranks of bs claims.

pip08456 29-08-2016 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by techguyone (Post 35856489)
The whole thread can be summed up as: Good intentioned law, soon to be abused by many ill informed, thin skinned looking for compensation/revenge professional victims.

Shortly found to be unmanageable due to the ever increasing numbers of people who feel butt hurt about something. Because for some reason today we've all turned into pc jellyfish.

And you know the biggest shame of all?
The biggest shame will be that the genuine people in there will be hidden amongst the ranks of bs claims.

Not a truer word spoken! The result of a nanny state.

Children at sports days are no longer allowed to lose. WTF I did many times at certain things but won, or nearly did, on others. It stood me in good stead for the REAL life ahead.

RichardCoulter 30-08-2016 19:17

A transgender councillor has prompted a police investigation after another member deliberately referred to her as a male:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...er-being-addr/

martyh 30-08-2016 19:47

so instead of sorting it out in private the idiot reports a hate crime .That is exactly the sort of stupidity this new force will encourage

Paul 30-08-2016 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35856781)
A transgender councillor has prompted a police investigation after another member deliberately referred to her as a male:

Good grief, what a (female!) muppet.

Osem 30-08-2016 20:25

I dare say she's traumatised...

GrimUpNorth 30-08-2016 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35856781)

So she says it was deliberste he says it was an unintended mistake for which he has apparently opologised. The majority of the extreme language in the article does seem to be coming from her but then as i suppose that's down to her feeling badly done to. I suppose you've already made your mind up regarding malicious act or silly mistake.

I called one of my male colleagues Sally the other day by mistake. I suppose i should expect my shoulder felt in the near future.

Cheers

Grim

pip08456 30-08-2016 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 35856814)

I called one of my male colleagues Sally the other day by mistake. I suppose i should expect my shoulder felt in the near future.

Cheers

Grim

Prepare for the full force of the law coming to descend on you Grim, he may be a closet gay or transgender person.

RizzyKing 30-08-2016 21:31

Already the first example of stupidity really bodes well for the future doesn't it.