Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Coronavirus (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710629)

Mick 02-12-2021 13:55

Re: Coronavirus

BREAKING: From Germany's Angela Merkel just now says "obligatory vaccinations" from February.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...nated-12484587

papa smurf 02-12-2021 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36103944)
TBH having common sense and consideration for others does make you morally superior to those who only think of themselves.

I only wear a mask because it's the law, if it wasn't i would not wear one guess i must be selfish and inferior.

---------- Post added at 14:00 ---------- Previous post was at 13:59 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 36103958)
BREAKING: From Germany's Angela Merkel just now says "obligatory vaccinations" from February.

I just clicked my heels together and thought of Adolf.

nomadking 02-12-2021 14:09

Link

Quote:

More than 50 people in Norway have been infected with Covid after a Christmas party that is likely to prove the world’s biggest outbreak of the new omicron variant.
One of them has tested positive for the omicron variant, and more cases are expected to follow, Oslo’s authorities said on Thursday.
That's a scary transmission level.

Mick 02-12-2021 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 36103960)

Funny you should say this because currently trending on twitter is "Nazi Germany". :erm:

papa smurf 02-12-2021 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 36103968)
Funny you should say this because currently trending on twitter is "Nazi Germany". :erm:

It's not funny it's tragic :(

mrmistoffelees 02-12-2021 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 36103960)
I only wear a mask because it's the law, if it wasn't i would not wear one guess i must be selfish and inferior.

---------- Post added at 14:00 ---------- Previous post was at 13:59 ----------

How did this make you think of Adolf? What’s the link?

1andrew1 02-12-2021 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 36103958)

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...nated-12484587

The Sky News headline is a bit misleading as the report says the German parliament will consider making coronavirus jabs mandatory from February. (It might be that means it's highly likely to happen, I'm not familiar with the workings of German democracy.)

mrmistoffelees 02-12-2021 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36103973)
The Sky News headline is a bit misleading as the report says the German parliament will consider making coronavirus jabs mandatory from February. (It might be that means it's highly likely to happen, I'm not familiar with the workings of German democracy.)

Oh well done, now you've gone & done it !

Hugh 02-12-2021 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 36103970)
It's not funny it's tragic :(

It really is tragic…

Imagine people comparing preventative medication and medical sanitary precautions with actions that ended up killing 60 million people and acts of genocide.

Hugh 02-12-2021 15:46

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 36103968)

Not on my Twitter feed

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/atta...2&d=1638459870

Quote:

How are Trends determined?

Trends are determined by an algorithm and, by default, are tailored for you based on who you follow, your interests, and your location. This algorithm identifies topics that are popular now, rather than topics that have been popular for a while or on a daily basis, to help you discover the hottest emerging topics of discussion on Twitter.
https://help.twitter.com/en/using-tw...-trending-faqs

jonbxx 02-12-2021 16:00

If I was a fully vaccinated person in country that had a poor vaccination rate and that country went in to lockdown because people decided they didn't want to the vaccine, I would be seething. Being selfish, why should I be locked down because others didn't want to get the vaccine.

The 2G rules Germany are bringing in seem an OK-ish compromise to me. Essential shopping and medical trips are still allowed

Mick 02-12-2021 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonbxx (Post 36103989)
If I was a fully vaccinated person in country that had a poor vaccination rate and that country went in to lockdown because people decided they didn't want to the vaccine, I would be seething. Being selfish, why should I be locked down because others didn't want to get the vaccine.

The 2G rules Germany are bringing in seem an OK-ish compromise to me. Essential shopping and medical trips are still allowed

You’re protected, I’m protected, the vaccines protect the people getting vaccinated, if people choose not to be vaccinated, putting themselves at risk, that’s their choice and or loss, like the risk in catching other illnesses has been for eons, wtf ever happened to freedom of choice?

Totally against a two-tier society, so should you be.

mrmistoffelees 02-12-2021 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 36103991)
You’re protected, I’m protected, the vaccines protect the people getting vaccinated, if people choose not to be vaccinated, putting themselves at risk, that’s their choice and or loss, like the risk in catching other illnesses has been for eons, wtf ever happened to freedom of choice?

I get what you're saying and to a degree i agree but freedom of choice doesn't mean freedom from consequence

an unvaccinated person isn't potentially just putting themselves at risk they're also putting

1. another person who's not vaccinated at risk. you could class this class this as karma i guess

2. someone who cannot have the vaccine for whatever medical reason, or who is severely immunocompromised at risk.

ianch99 02-12-2021 16:43

Quote:

You are missing the parts where:

- the infected (unvaccinated) individuals can mix with others, significantly the vulnerable ones, and pass on an infection that could cause serious illness or death.
- the unvaccinated use up the small amount of spare capacity in the healthcare system causing knock on issues relating to NHS staff stress & burnout plus collateral bed-blocking damage

This issue not binary: how you might feel about mixing with someone who has Ebola differs to someone with a head cold. Covid is, of course, somewhere in the spectrum between the two.

jonbxx 02-12-2021 16:57

Quote:

People have actively decided to generate a two tier society by refusing vaccination.

I kind of get your point that it isn't my problem if people choose not to get vaccinated. However, that would only really stand if the unvaccinated who got sick were not a drain on the healthcare system.