Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Cricket : The General Cricket Thread (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=29786)

Gogogo 23-07-2005 15:28

Re: Cricket

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesman
You would have thought so wouldn't you, two and a half days of batting......
If the wicket's down by the end of today is 0, I will be pleased.
The top order batsmen need to show that they can bat this innings.

Well so far so good, damm it Channel 4 has gone racing, have to listen to Radio 5, it's a test of skills, we know the English (plus the Welsh players) can do it, this when we could have done with Graham Thorpe the sort of steady player he is will be missed.

gazzae 24-07-2005 16:51

5 for 53 and 4 for 29
2 for 19 and 4 for 64

Hoggard really will be eating his words tonight.

Graham 24-07-2005 16:58

180 all out :(

What's going wrong with our batsmen? Is it too much one day or 20/20 or a lack of top quality bowlers in the domestic games for them to practice against?

Tuftus 24-07-2005 17:03

What a shocker of a result.

:(

Gogogo 24-07-2005 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuftus
What a shocker of a result. :(

The real star in English cricket is Kevin Pieterson the man is virtually the England team a one man cricket match. The other batsman ought to be ashamed of their performance. But they must learn lessons and study the Australian bowlers: if Pieterson can do it so can they.

Tuftus 25-07-2005 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gogogo
The real star in English cricket is Kevin Pieterson the man is virtually the England team a one man cricket match. The other batsman ought to be ashamed of their performance. But they must learn lessons and study the Australian bowlers: if Pieterson can do it so can they.

Agreed, he is however South African... lol

Gogogo 25-07-2005 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuftus
Agreed, he is however South African... lol

He has a remarkable enthusiasm a keeness and willing to fight and win this is a quality absent in the rest of the team, excluding Harmison. Maybe Pieterson should be given honourary citizenship, he's earned it, apparently he has a younger brother into cricket. Pieterson doesn't let Warne nor Mcgrath intimidate him.

:)

Aragorn 25-07-2005 19:19

I think there were signs of the right intent from others in the team.

Tres & Strauss has the highest opening stand of the match. Vaughan started positively in the first inns. Geraint showed some spirit in the first as well, even though he blew it in the second. Freddie & Jones did some decent bowling, except maybe Saturday AM.

I'm trying to be optomistic here ;)

Gogogo 25-07-2005 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aragorn
I think there were signs of the right intent from others in the team.

Tres & Strauss has the highest opening stand of the match. Vaughan started positively in the first inns. Geraint showed some spirit in the first as well, even though he blew it in the second. Freddie & Jones did some decent bowling, except maybe Saturday AM.

I'm trying to be optomistic here ;)

I once saw Strauss being interviewed on TV when he felt fans were too optimistic. With that attitude I think he should consider his position, he's a good player but seems half hearted. I know it's easy for armchair critics to critisize but in the end one can see the faults both Pieterson and Harmison show that the team can generate enthusiasm.

iadom 30-07-2005 14:57

Twenty 20 finals today.

Fantastic first semi final, Gods own county, Lancashire 217 for 4, beat Surrey 195 for 7.:D :D

Roy MM 30-07-2005 22:18

Come on Lanky tighten up on your bowling lads, two down now.

65 for 3, come on lads.

Oh dear we are stuffed :(

iadom 30-07-2005 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy MM

Oh dear we are stuffed :(

well and truly, never mind, there is always next year.:)

Roy MM 30-07-2005 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom
well and truly, never mind, there is always next year.:)

Shut it :cry:]

Gogogo 04-08-2005 09:27

Second Test for the Ashes

Ok, trying to keep calm and focus, let's all be positive and just hope England wins the toss for once and gets a good start...

:erm:

gazzae 04-08-2005 09:45

Glenn McGrath out of the test!