Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33688944)

denphone 30-01-2019 09:07

Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Premier Sports secure Serie A rights for UK & Ireland.

https://www.premiersports.com/footba...er-sports.html

Quote:

Italy’s Serie A has a new home as Premier Sports secures the rights until 2021

Premier Sports will show a minimum of 6 games per round starting this weekend

Eredivisie & Chinese Super League also to move to the UK sports broadcaster
Quote:

Premier Sports has announced they have secured the rights to Italy’s Serie A from February 2019 and will air a minimum of six games per round until the end of the 2020/21 season. Weekly highlights and preview shows are set to be broadcast by Premier Sports as well as a number of games live on sister free-to-air channel FreeSports. The rights were previously with Eleven Sports and a cooperative agreement has been made which means they will continue to broadcast this content non-exclusively in the UK until the 25th of February 2019 in order to minimise disruption for fans.

carravetta 30-01-2019 09:11

Eleven Sports won't last beyond May, they never stood a chance with betting sites live streaming rights they had

My bet is La Liga ends back up at Sky

alwaysabear 30-01-2019 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by carravetta (Post 35981215)
Eleven Sports won't last beyond May, they never stood a chance with betting sites live streaming rights they had

Sooner rather than later, we should hear something. Eleven are doomed in the UK.

1andrew1 30-01-2019 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by carravetta (Post 35981215)

Quote:

Eleven Sports will continue showing La Liga coverage exclusively "until the end of the season, with the intention of continuing beyond".
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...tinue-13926367

Raider999 30-01-2019 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35981248)

I don't see how ditching serie A and Eriedivisie to concentrate on La Liga is going to increase subscriber numbers.

More likely to lose a fair proportion IMO.

Sounds like they have sold them off to fund continuing with La Liga to me.

As suggested, I seriously doubt they will be around in the UK past the end of the current season.

denphone 30-01-2019 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35981257)
I don't see how ditching serie A and Eriedivisie to concentrate on La Liga is going to increase subscriber numbers.

It ain't.

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 ----------

Quote:

They can't have that many now given the chaos of the last few months.

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 ----------

Quote:

For how long..

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 ----------

Quote:

As suggested, I seriously doubt they will be around in the UK past the end of the current season.

Correct.

telegramsam 30-01-2019 13:37

Seeing what's going on would anyone sub to them now? This is a sinking ship and it's going down fast![COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:13 ----------

[/COLOR

vincerooney 30-01-2019 13:38

Annoying little premier sports getting involved because sky and bt are being cheap. Damn them. Ah well at least we are closer to the death of eleven sports

Uncle Peter 30-01-2019 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by telegramsam (Post 35981264)
Seeing what's going on would anyone sub to them now? This is a sinking ship and it's going down fast!

Nah doubt it. They have to be done as an ongoing concern in the UK. They should have secured carriage arrangement or at the very least pushed out a smart tv app before they negotiated any rights.

The only way to get it on your tv is using Chromecast or Roku (unless something's changed over the past few weeks)

I've probably had my 50 quids worth though over the past few months so the 12 month sub wasn't a bad deal at the time.

1andrew1 30-01-2019 14:00

Quote:

To reduce its losses, Eleven needs to either increase sales or reduce costs. It's chosen the latter route.
I suspect that Eleven UK will see the season out and fade out quietly after that.

---------- Post added at 14:00 ---------- Previous post was at 13:57 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by telegramsam (Post 35981264)
Seeing what's going on would anyone sub to them now? This is a sinking ship and it's going down fast!

It seems to be a slow withdrawal, not sinking fast. If you remember Setanta GB ending, that was a better definition of what going down fast looks like!

telegramsam 30-01-2019 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35981274)
To reduce its losses, Eleven needs to either increase sales or reduce costs. It's chosen the latter route.
I suspect that Eleven UK will see the season out and fade out quietly after that.

---------- Post added at 14:00 ---------- Previous post was at 13:57 ----------

It seems to be a slow withdrawal, not sinking fast. If you remember Setanta GB ending, that was a better definition of what going down fast looks like!

Perhaps the word 'fast' was a little to much but nevertheless it is sinking!

Richc1977 31-01-2019 09:40

With Sky & BT ditching rights and Eleven sinking suddenly Premier/Freesports are looking like a half decent sports broadcaster.

In the last year they have added Pro14, Scottish Cups, Dutch and Italian football. Must be their strongest line up in ages.

Raider999 31-01-2019 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richc1977 (Post 35981363)
With Sky & BT ditching rights and Eleven sinking suddenly Premier/Freesports are looking like a half decent sports broadcaster.

In the last year they have added Pro14, Scottish Cups, Dutch and Italian football. Must be their strongest line up in ages.

Still very little worth watching though!

figgyburn 31-01-2019 15:40

I dumped them after the free period showing the confederation cup pre season.Not enough football on at that time for me to subscribe to premier.I might have second thoughts now although, they are showing games on freesport and the stv player app so i might be satisfied with them.more interested in seria a than la liga so it might work out alright for me in the end without paying any extra.

Mad Max 31-01-2019 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35981414)
Still very little worth watching though!

In your opinion!