Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

Russ 10-05-2024 16:10

Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

When you call your bank, or some similar company that holds GDPR or sensitive data on you, you need to enquire about something and they say “Is it ok if we just pass some security questions first?”

What an absolutely pointless question. It’s not even as if they’re sounding polite. If you need to pass a data protection question before going any further then it’s not like you can say “no”.

Behave and simply tell me that “you just need to go through data protection first”.

Under no circumstances should this ever be a question, it’s an absolute requirement!!

Tinky 10-05-2024 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 36174825)
“Is it ok if we just pass some security questions first?”

!

We answered all the security questions, which was very stressful as they only accepted our first answer. At the end of it they told us our replies were not correct, but they couldn't tell which question was in correction. :rolleyes:

SnoopZ 10-05-2024 19:11

Trying to pack a new Medium sized suitcase when I realise maybe I should have gone for a Large, I had wanted to pack a box of something in there that my other half purchased a while back but it looks like that'll have to get left out until July when she is here with hopefully a bigger case.

spiderplant 10-05-2024 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36174829)
At the end of it they told us our replies were not correct, but they couldn't tell which question was in correction. :rolleyes:

That's good. It stops fraudsters repeatedly calling and guessing the answers.

Though I have been known to say "Don't know. Ask me an easier one"

mrmistoffelees 11-05-2024 11:29

Sciatica grrrrrr

peanut 12-05-2024 08:35

Being B12 deficient. Jabs every 12 weeks, but week 9-12 are so hard going with extreme fatigue. I've got 3 days to go till my next jab and seems like I'm now counting down the minutes as it's that bad.

Being deaf is hard enough. But when you have to ask someone to repeat themselves once or twice (mainly twice), they'll say something like 'Oh it doesn't matter' or 'never mind' really makes me want to rip their faces off.

Lastly, are hospitals (and not just hospitals) now using VoIP phones, as my last consultation over the phone, I think I managed to understand about half of what was said as the quality was so bad. This should not be allowed to happen.

Ranting over...

denphone 12-05-2024 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees (Post 36174875)
Sciatica grrrrrr

Not very nice that is for sure as a while back l had a bout of it.

All l did was to turn my body doing something and suddenly l was in agony.

joglynne 12-05-2024 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 36174912)
Being B12 deficient. Jabs every 12 weeks, but week 9-12 are so hard going with extreme fatigue. I've got 3 days to go till my next jab and seems like I'm now counting down the minutes as it's that bad.

Being deaf is hard enough. But when you have to ask someone to repeat themselves once or twice (mainly twice), they'll say something like 'Oh it doesn't matter' or 'never mind' really makes me want to rip their faces off.

Lastly, are hospitals (and not just hospitals) now using VoIP phones, as my last consultation over the phone, I think I managed to understand about half of what was said as the quality was so bad. This should not be allowed to happen.

Ranting over...

Share all 3 moans. <<hugs>>

I was having problems with my 12 weekly B12 jabs and resorted to buying B12 SL spray which didn't work as well as the jabs but I wasn't quite as tired. Last year when my GP who administers the jabs, yet again, refused to even consider reducing the frequency I managed to convince my Consultant that my already limited quality of life was being made worse. I now have 9 weekly jabs and the difference they have made to my energy levels was well worth all the badgering I had to do. Just wish I had gone to him sooner.

My husband is officially classed as deaf and lip reads but wears hearing aids to boost what little hearing he has. Despite asking that people face him he struggles to follow conversations when we are in a group or when someone looks away. When he has to ask people to repeat what they have said they turn to me and treat him as though he is thick grrrrrrr. Bad enough when it's people who don't know him but when it's a GP !!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness that people who know him well have no problem and that he has a sense of humour.

As for phones, I haven't noticed any problem with VoIP calls but why won't people use our land line. The GP and Hospitals are increasingly doing phone reviews and they all have clear instructions only to use our mobile in emergency situations unless it's about me but ignore the request. John cannot hear a mobile phone conversation, hates even the idea of having to use one to even text, so he doesn't have one. (entrenched 80 year old technophobe mode :D ) Our landline has amplified sound and a flashing light that alerts him to incoming calls.

peanut 12-05-2024 11:57

Thanks Jo.

I've tried to get my B12 done sooner, such as 9 weeks, but they wanted a blood test and it came back at 'satisfactory' - whatever that means. But I will be hassling them again to get it done sooner. I can't take anything else like supplements as nothing else will work as had my ileum removed. So thanks for this info.

I totally get what you say when people talk to you instead of your husband as it happens to me all the time too. Most of the time I have to rely on my wife to act like an interpreter and relay everything that's being said back to me.

As for the phone, I've lost count the amount of times I've asked for them to call on the landline only, and 9/10 it gets ignored. I'm thinking about removing my mobile number from their lists now. The call in question was really bad, I do live in a bad area for mobile signal so I did ask for them to call me back on the landline which they did, but it made no difference.

Maggy 12-05-2024 12:31

I have come to the conclusion that as soon as one reaches 70 everyone is determined to treat one as being completely gaga and that you are open to receiving anything and everything pertaining to old age and incapacity whether you asked for it or not.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hom3r 12-05-2024 12:44

My dad has a UTI, and is having the hallucination as well as the bad temper.

He sees people who ain't there and yesterday saying my mum needs the loo (See died in 2020).

His antibiotics finished yesterday, so he is due a blood test and urine dip, so I guess more antibiotics.

He is also being monitored by the Virtual Hospital and they have given me the equipment so I can do BP, O2, respiration and temp reading and submit on a tablet twice a day.

Tinky 12-05-2024 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy (Post 36174920)
I have come to the conclusion that as soon as one reaches 70 everyone is determined to treat one as being completely gaga and that you are open to receiving anything and everything pertaining to old age and incapacity whether you asked for it or not.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I came to the same conclusion years ago Maggy, you are right.

My trivial moan of the day, my cordless mouse gave up the ghost, had to borrow one from a neighbour.

Dude111 12-05-2024 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy

Yes I have noticed that also.. My dad is 74 and is treated this way....

Im sorry Maggy if you are treated badly,you seem to be a nice girl to me!!!

mrmistoffelees 13-05-2024 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36174915)
Not very nice that is for sure as a while back l had a bout of it.

All l did was to turn my body doing something and suddenly l was in agony.

Yep! Old age woke up stood up and promptly nearly fell over

Solpadeine max & Nurofen and constant heat and ice packs are slowly starting to help. If it keeps going I’m considering getting a TENS device but there’s mixed reviews as to how good they are

Taf 13-05-2024 13:31

The missus got the first twinge from a dental abscess last Wednesday. It was much worse the next day, so I called to make an emergency appointment.

The first spot available was today, Monady, before noon. One of the dentists had a look and wrote a script for antibiotics. Back in a few days to check on it.

Just after we shut the door, he exploded "Why the **** was she told to wait! It's a ***** EMERGENCY SITUATION! She should have been seen the same ****** day! I will not allow a **** charge be made for this **** situation!"