Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33688944)

denphone 08-01-2018 16:24

Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

BT hikes prices yet again with BT Sport and broadband customers bearing the brunt.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/b...-sport-3367895

Paul 08-01-2018 17:08

We used to have BT Sport when it was £5 month, then they hiked it up, so we ditched it.

denphone 08-01-2018 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35931572)
We used to have BT Sport when it was £5 month, then they hiked it up, so we ditched it.

One wonders what is in store for Virgin customers once the 3 year deal ends as personally l think it will get taken out of their main TV pack and will be a standalone subscription.

Dave42 08-01-2018 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35931567)
BT hikes prices yet again with BT Sport and broadband customers bearing the brunt.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/b...-sport-3367895

we all know price will only ever go up Den

denphone 08-01-2018 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave42 (Post 35931579)
we all know price will only ever go up Den

And with a certain channel on its way the trajectory will be further upwards one imagines.

theone2k10 08-01-2018 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35931574)
One wonders what is in store for Virgin customers once the 3 year deal ends as personally l think it will get taken out of their main TV pack and will be a standalone subscription.

I've already said this is going to happen but few believed me, this new price rise adds more concrete to my theory.
I honestly hope you guys on VM do get to keep it in XL but i highly doubt it will happen, or if it does it'll be at a big cost.

Dave42 08-01-2018 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by theone2k10 (Post 35931584)
I've already said this is going to happen but few believed me, this new price rise adds more concrete to my theory.
I honestly hope you guys on VM do get to keep it in XL but i highly doubt it will happen, or if it does it'll be at a big cost.

it suits both parties to do a deal still say they will but we will see if they don't they lose lots of viewers I certainly wont be paying extra for it

theone2k10 08-01-2018 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave42 (Post 35931586)
it suits both parties to do a deal still say they will but we will see if they don't they lose lots of viewers I certainly wont be paying extra for it

It could flip either way tbh as you say BT would indeed lost a lot of veiwers but the flip side is VM could also lose a lot of tv customers too.
The cost of watching sport now is getting silly tbh i don't think it'll be too long before it reaches breaking point for a lot of people and the bubble bursts.

alwaysabear 08-01-2018 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave42 (Post 35931586)

I am with you Dave, if BT Sport stay's in XL fine, if it moves to stand alone I will not be paying extra.

Mad Max 08-01-2018 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaysabear (Post 35931593)
I am with you Dave, if BT Sport stay's in XL fine, if it moves to stand alone I will not be paying extra.

Same here, it's bloody ridiculous what's being charged now, and all for the benefit of over paid, mostly average, football players!

OLD BOY 09-01-2018 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by theone2k10 (Post 35931587)
It could flip either way tbh as you say BT would indeed lost a lot of veiwers but the flip side is VM could also lose a lot of tv customers too.
The cost of watching sport now is getting silly tbh i don't think it'll be too long before it reaches breaking point for a lot of people and the bubble bursts.

Which is why it would be in the interests of both parties to do a deal, assuming that BT is still in the game when the results of the bidding process are known.

I still say that VM should hold out for AMC as well. We are the only 'major platform' not to have this channel.

MrP 09-01-2018 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35931617)
Same here, it's bloody ridiculous what's being charged now, and all for the benefit of over paid, mostly average, football players!

But hopefully without a ridiculous price increase to cover it being "free".

Overpaid average footballers...how dare you! Oh take it you're not talking about the National League. My mistake!! :)

denphone 09-01-2018 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35931663)
Which is why it would be in the interests of both parties to do a deal, assuming that BT is still in the game when the results of the bidding process are known.

I still say that VM should hold out for AMC as well. We are the only 'major platform' not to have this channel.

Not worried about AMC personally as there is not much on there we like but Sky Atlantic would go down well in our household most definitely.

Mad Max 09-01-2018 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35931738)
Not worried about AMC personally as there is not much on there we like but Sky Atlantic would go down well in our household most definitely.

I'll believe it when I see it, Den!

1andrew1 09-01-2018 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35931738)

I don't know how good AMC in the UK is now. BT no longer seems to advertise it prominently in its press adverts. There is also a possibility that AMC's deal with Amazon could replace the BT deal. https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2017...l-with-amazon/