Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Happy Thought Thread Part 4 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33664294)

MalteseFalcon 06-02-2014 13:29

Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

At least someone has work. The whole sitting and waiting thing for the manager at that company is beginning to wear thin. Oh well. At least I have my health.

weenie 06-02-2014 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35669731)
At least someone has work. The whole sitting and waiting thing for the manager at that company is beginning to wear thin. Oh well. At least I have my health.

And that is something money cannot buy ...

LemonyBrainAid 06-02-2014 13:47

Passed my driving test with just 5 minors. :D

weenie 06-02-2014 13:49

:clap::clap: :cleader: Well done for passing ...

joglynne 06-02-2014 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemonyBrainAid (Post 35669744)
Passed my driving test with just 5 minors. :D

Well done Lemony. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jimmy-J 06-02-2014 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35669738)

Of course it can weenie. I've just bought myself a brand new iron lung and a lemsip. ;)

tizmeinnit 06-02-2014 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35669738)

I would contest this as the royals seem to live quite a long time then there is the postcode lottery and nhs waiting lists if you have money you can bypass both. So I put it to you money can buy health in a fair few cases

weenie 06-02-2014 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by tizmeinnit (Post 35669770)
I would contest this as the royals seem to live quite a long time then there is the postcode lottery and nhs waiting lists if you have money you can bypass both. So I put it to you money can buy health in a fair few cases

:erm: fair point but is that not improving your health, if you have your health in the first place money cannot buy that ... ;)

tizmeinnit 06-02-2014 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35669784)
:erm: fair point but is that not improving your health, if you have your health in the first place money cannot buy that ... ;)

anyone with good health can be struck down with something at any point if you have money you can treat it quicker or more effectively

Also you can have the best preventative care best food dietitians fitness instructions.

Another example I am out of shape I am working hard to get into shape if I won the lottery I could have liposuction and a tummy tuck and get a personal instructor so I would be buying better health

Of course if I was terminally ill or have untreatable conditions and had exhausted all avenues money can buy then you are right lol

weenie 06-02-2014 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by tizmeinnit (Post 35669788)
anyone with good health can be struck down with something at any point if you have money you can treat it quicker or more effectively

Also you can have the best preventative care best food dietitians fitness instructions.

Another example I am out of shape I am working hard to get into shape if I won the lottery I could have liposuction and a tummy tuck and get a personal instructor so I would be buying better health

Of course if I was terminally ill or have untreatable conditions and had exhausted all avenues money can buy then you are right lol

No you would be buying what society/you thinks you should look like. A tummy tuck, liposuction and a personal instructor would not give you better health if you had an illness maybe you would feel better because of the new look you would have but you would still have ill health so therefore money cannot buy you good health ... ;)

nashville 06-02-2014 16:21

I am happy to see the nights getting lighter, I am also happy with my IPAD Mini I received at Christmas. I missed this thread as I have not been on it for a while. Saying your happy makes you feel better.

LemonyBrainAid 06-02-2014 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35669745)
:clap::clap: :cleader: Well done for passing ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35669758)
Well done Lemony. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers guys !

Now I can finally pick up an old golf, soup it to my heart's content and loudly drive it round the estate at 3AM. :p: ;)

Hugh 06-02-2014 18:12

Just passed my ITIL V3 Foundation exam, after a 3 day course.

Phew - that's a relief.....

dilli-theclaw 06-02-2014 18:22

You lot are so smart - I'm just happy to make it hh through the day :)

weenie 06-02-2014 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35669855)
Just passed my ITIL V3 Foundation exam, after a 3 day course.

Phew - that's a relief.....

:cleader: :clap: :cleader: Well done, exams can be worrying ...