Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33688944)

muppetman11 05-10-2017 13:20

Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35919106)
In fact, it is rather better than Sky One, not that this is a difficult standard to pass at the moment!

Personal preference but certainly not according to my families viewing. Mad Men I've already seen on Sky Atlantic and the others I have no interest in.

Mad Max 05-10-2017 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35919114)
And beyond that MM?.

I was just mentioning Mad Men as I saw that OB had said he liked it, I watched it via Netflix.

OLD BOY 05-10-2017 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35919123)
I was just mentioning Mad Men as I saw that OB had said he liked it, I watched it via Netflix.

I caught up with this series on Now TV if my memory serves me correctly. However, many have not yet seen this drama beyond the first series screened on BBC2 because Sky Atlantic took it over soon after that.

theone2k10 05-10-2017 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35919104)
I have access to this on my Sky box and can honestly say I've never watched it once.

Tbh i never watched it either when i had BT TV.

bubblegun 14-10-2017 03:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35919117)
Mad Men; Fear The Walking Dead; Halt and Catch Fire; The Son.

(I Seem to have been drawn into an off-topic thing)
This should maybe be in another thread.

IMO.
Mad Men is excellent if you've not seen it and it is a good re-watch.

Fear The Walking Dead is okay. There's a potential crossover coming soon so only Sky customers with BT Sports will be able to make sense of this.

Halt and Catch fire is a personal favourite, but isn't it like 3 years behind Amazon who have first run rights in UK?

The Son...I wasted almost 2 hours of my life on the pilot and then deleted the entire series based on that. It seemed dreadful.

AMC is no-loss to anyone's life. It's no Sky Atlantic in almost anyone's book!

Gavin-D 15-10-2017 12:25

Sky Sports presenter David Tanner opens up about shock departure after 18 years

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...anner-11345820

1andrew1 16-10-2017 23:51

Doesn't look good for beIN
Quote:

BeIN Media Group CEO Nasser al-Khelaïfi investigated for corruption
Criminal proceedings have been opened against Jérôme Valcke, the former secretary general of FIFA, and Nasser al-Khelaïfi (CEO of BeIn Media Group) on the award of media rights for the World Cup.
“This investigation is conducted on suspicion of private bribery, fraud, unfair management and forgery in securities,” the Swiss court said in a statement.
To make things worse, the beIN Media group did not cooperate with the investigation into the charges, by opposing the export of computer data during searches in the Parisian offices of the BeIn Sports channel, according to the French national financial prosecutor’s office (PNF) on Saturday.
https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2017...or-corruption/

RichardCoulter 17-10-2017 13:18

MB has posted a rumour that BT Sport will no longer be included in Full House/XL upon expiration of the carriage contract, but that Boxnation & AMC will be included in the BT Sport pack.

If this were to happen, what would people think?

muppetman11 17-10-2017 13:25

People shouldn't listen to silly rumours there's not a chance they both won't strike a deal.

denphone 17-10-2017 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35920463)
People shouldn't listen to silly rumours there's not a chance they both won't strike a deal.

You better explain that to some of our wisest then.:)

alwaysabear 17-10-2017 13:46

Quote:

Have to agree both parties need a deal for different reasons.

OLD BOY 17-10-2017 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaysabear (Post 35920473)
Have to agree both parties need a deal for different reasons.

I hope you are right, and that VM get AMC included as part of a wholesale deal!

Gavin-D 17-10-2017 19:19

Quote:

You sure?

@MartinHoscik

@VirginMediaCorp PR failed to answer my email but rumours abound that they’re going to stop giving BT Sport away for free in their XL pack.

OLD BOY 17-10-2017 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin-D (Post 35920553)
You sure?

@MartinHoscik

@VirginMediaCorp PR failed to answer my email but rumours abound that they’re going to stop giving BT Sport away for free in their XL pack.

That means nothing on its own, Gavin. Since when has VM given advance notice of channels before a deal has been signed? Do you not remember all the chatter that went on before the original BT wholesale deal was announced? We didn't get confirmation until right up to the day it was broadcast!

Expect a lot of speculation until the deal is announced, and believe none of it in the meantime!

denphone 17-10-2017 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35920561)
That means nothing on its own, Gavin. Since when has VM given advance notice of channels before a deal has been signed? Do you not remember all the chatter that went on before the original BT wholesale deal was announced? We didn't get confirmation until right up to the day it was broadcast!

Expect a lot of speculation until the deal is announced, and believe none of it in the meantime!

Well you believed Amazon were going to bid and win the Premier league rights so what's different.;)