Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Freesat & Freeview (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Freeview changes (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708761)

cheekyangus 02-06-2022 10:33

Re: Freeview changes

Official confirmation that when COM7 closes the BBC will be moving CBeebies HD and BBC4 HD to PSB3, aka BBCB.

BBC News HD is closing on Freeview. They've clearly decided there's only enough space for one extra HD stream on that multiplex.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/work.../news/waw-com7

Media Boy UK 02-06-2022 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36124288)
Official confirmation that when COM7 closes the BBC will be moving CBeebies HD and BBC4 HD to PSB3, aka BBCB.

BBC News HD is closing on Freeview. They've clearly decided there's only enough space for one extra HD stream on that multiplex.

RXTV think BBC News HD will be back on Freeview in 2025 when CBBC HD and BBC Four HD is close.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/bbc-making...ew-hd-channels

For all we know maybe BBC is going to rent out more room on BBC B so that two more SD Channels can launch on BBC B.

cheekyangus 02-06-2022 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36124301)
RXTV think BBC News HD will be back on Freeview in 2025 when CBBC HD and BBC Four HD is close.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/bbc-making...ew-hd-channels

For all we know maybe BBC is going to rent out more room on BBC B so that two more SD Channels can launch on BBC B.

They don't actually say that they think BBC News HD will return to Freeview in 2025, they say "the arrangement is likely to be only temporary" in a paragraph that only talks about the BBC Four closure. You are putting words in their mouths.

Is it likely they will put BBC News HD back in if a stream becomes available? Of course it is, and RXTV may well think so too, but this isn't explicitly said.

On the other thing, yes it's entirely possible they might fit in additional SD streams in. Some on Digital Spy are wondering if the opposite might happen, and the existing two SD channels on PSB3 will close. Personally I don't think they will close, there looks to me (not that I'm an expert) to be enough space for additional SD in addition to the extra HD stream.

Media Boy UK 02-06-2022 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36124304)
They don't actually say that they think BBC News HD will return to Freeview in 2025, they say "the arrangement is likely to be only temporary" in a paragraph that only talks about the BBC Four closure. You are putting words in their mouths.

Is it likely they will put BBC News HD back in if a stream becomes available? Of course it is, and RXTV may well think so too, but this isn't explicitly said.

On the other thing, yes it's entirely possible they might fit in additional SD streams in. Some on Digital Spy are wondering if the opposite might happen, and the existing two SD channels on PSB3 will close. Personally I don't think they will close, there looks to me (not that I'm an expert) to be enough space for additional SD in addition to the extra HD stream.

I did say two due to - That's Music and Together TV using RT HD space on COM7 right now.

cheekyangus 02-06-2022 18:38

You can often fit 3-4 SD channels into the space of one HD channel. That only two have been added into the vacated space on COM7 at short notice on a multiplex with a short life, so little demand, doesn't mean that's all that could've fitted in.
Given there's not enough space, apparently, for two new HD streams however, may mean 2 is indeed a more likely number if indeed more are added.

Changing the subject, I wouldn't be surprised if BBC3 HD and BBC4 HD move channel number after BBC News HD closes on Freeview, though not necessarily immediately, the BBC may choose to leave an information slate for a few weeks after closure.

Media Boy UK 02-06-2022 18:52

Here is the up to date list of space on Freeview being unused.

24 hours slots:
-Old Create and Craft Extra slot on COM4
-Old RT slot on COM6
-Old Ideal World Extra slot on Local Mux

Part time slots:
-Smithsonian Channel slot on COM5 (3am to 7am only)
-Jewellery Maker/PBS slot on COM6 (5am to 8am only)

All information right as of June 2nd.

All following Channels are set to close/or move to other streams on Freeview by July 2022.

SD:
*FreeSports
*Quest Red+1
*Now 80s
*More4+1
*PBS America+1
*That's TV (UK)
*Forces TV
*Together TV

HD:
*Quest HD

So I think a following may happen (My own views):
*NOW 80s may move to COM6
*Forces TV may move to COM4
*FreeSports may move to LTV Mux
*Together TV will be moving to IPTV

I think That's TV UK will stay on Freeview but only via IPTV (Line up is the same as That's TV Local anyway.)

I think it safe to say the following is set to close on Freeview:

Quest Red+1
More4+1
PBS America+1
That's TV (UK)
Quest HD

What’s changing in June on Freeview:

TBC: BBC FOUR HD will move to BBC B Mux.
TBC: CBeebies HD will move to BBC B Mux.
TBC: Up to two SD Channels may launch on BBC B Mux.

30th: BBC News HD closes today on Freeview.
30th: COM7 will close today.

All information is right as of June 2nd.

Media Boy UK 03-06-2022 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36124288)

The CBeebies HD and BBC Four HD move to PSB3 will be anytime from June 6th to June 22nd as:

Glastonbury runs from June 23rd to June 26th. https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/bbc-unveil...nbury-coverage

Then Wimbledon starts on June 27th to July 10th.

cheekyangus 03-06-2022 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36124345)
The CBeebies HD and BBC Four HD move to PSB3 will be anytime from June 6th to June 22nd as:

Glastonbury runs from June 23rd to June 26th. https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/bbc-unveil...nbury-coverage

Then Wimbledon starts on June 27th to July 10th.

I'd have expected it during that period anyway, without the events taking place, just so it's done in plenty time before the COM7 switchoff.

Media Boy UK 05-06-2022 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36124319)

24 hours slots:
-Old RT slot on COM6

Part time slots:

All following Channels are set to close/or move to other streams on Freeview by July 2022.

SD:
*FreeSports
*Quest Red+1
*Now 80s
*More4+1
*PBS America+1
*That's TV (UK)
*Forces TV
*Together TV

HD:
*Quest HD

I think That's TV UK will stay on Freeview but only via IPTV (Line up is the same as That's TV Local anyway.)

Quest Red+1
More4+1
PBS America+1
That's TV (UK)
Quest HD

TBC: CBeebies HD will move to BBC B Mux.
TBC: Up to two SD Channels may launch on BBC B Mux.

All information is right as of June 2nd.

I have just seen that I forgot to add both QVC HD and QVC Beauty HD to list.

cheekyangus 07-06-2022 15:55

The Service IDs for BBC4 HD and CBeebies HD have appeared on BBCB/PSB3.
Thanks to @a516digital on Twitter for heads-up.
https://twitter.com/a516digital/stat...85507923677186

I chose a random area on DigitalBitRate and can confirm they have appeared.

Media Boy UK 08-06-2022 17:11

On Digital Spy Forum Radiomike has today posted "Reminder also that SDN (Com4) is advertising a 24/7 stream available on Com 4 with a closing date for offers of Fri 17 June".

https://sdn.co.uk/assets/SDN-RFP.pdf

cheekyangus 08-06-2022 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36124735)
On Digital Spy Forum Radiomike has today posted "Reminder also that SDN (Com4) is advertising a 24/7 stream available on Com 4 with a closing date for offers of Fri 17 June".

https://sdn.co.uk/assets/SDN-RFP.pdf

LOL. I was just about to post that. :D

Wondered what the source is. Thanks for the URL.

Media Boy UK 08-06-2022 23:43

Source was: "
SDN are delighted to be able to provide capacity for a 24/7 stream on Com4 multiplex (full national distribution). SDN are inviting offers for this capacity with immediate availability. The closing date for offers is 5pm, Friday 17 June. Please submit any offer to (been removed by Media Boy UK). More details on form and criteria are to be found in the RFP."

https://sdn.co.uk/

cheekyangus 09-06-2022 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36124756)
Source was: "
SDN are delighted to be able to provide capacity for a 24/7 stream on Com4 multiplex (full national distribution). SDN are inviting offers for this capacity with immediate availability. The closing date for offers is 5pm, Friday 17 June. Please submit any offer to (been removed by Media Boy UK). More details on form and criteria are to be found in the RFP."

https://sdn.co.uk/

Thanks MB.

Media Boy UK 09-06-2022 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36124764)
Thanks MB.

I wonder if SDN are looking to sell 5Select old slot on COM4 or Create and Craft Extra old slot on COM4.

I think with the two data channels being axe last month that would make room for two SD Channels to launch - SDN did carry 18 SD Channels back in 2020 for some time.

cheekyangus 09-06-2022 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36124791)
I wonder if SDN are looking to sell 5Select old slot on COM4 or Create and Craft Extra old slot on COM4.

I think with the two data channels being axe last month that would make room for two SD Channels to launch - SDN did carry 18 SD Channels back in 2020 for some time.

The 18 were alongside those data channels, so them disappearing is fresh space, now partly taken up by Pop Player. But not much space, the freed up space isn't enough for a TV channel, maybe a radio station, but I doubt there's demand for that unless Arqiva were trying to remove their stations from COM5/6.

Media Boy UK 12-06-2022 22:02

24 hours slots:
-Old RT slot on COM6

Part time slots:

SD:
*FreeSports
*Quest Red+1
*Now 80s
*More4+1
*PBS America+1
*That's TV (UK)
*Forces TV
*Together TV

HD:
*Quest HD
*QVC HD
*QVC Beauty HD

Quest Red+1
More4+1
PBS America+1
That's TV (UK)
Quest HD

By:
18th. SDN to provide capacity for a 24/7 stream on Com4 multiplex
22nd. CBeebies HD will move to BBC B Mux.
22nd. Up to two SD Channels may launch on BBC B Mux.

Today:

All information is right as of June 12th.

cheekyangus 13-06-2022 09:35

I'm curious about your thinking MB, why do you think CBeebies HD is moving earlier/separately than its stream partner BBC4 HD?

Also, there haven't been any extra Service IDs added to PSB3/BBCB since the CBeebies HD/BBC4 HD ones, so if there are going to be new SD streams on PSB3/BBCB they aren't going to launch at the same time as the BBC changes. I'm not saying there won't be any extra SD streams on that mux to utilise unused space, just that they aren't imminent as there would likely be signs by now.

Media Boy UK 13-06-2022 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36125098)
I'm curious about your thinking MB, why do you think CBeebies HD is moving earlier/separately than its stream partner BBC4 HD?

Also, there haven't been any extra Service IDs added to PSB3/BBCB since the CBeebies HD/BBC4 HD ones, so if there are going to be new SD streams on PSB3/BBCB they aren't going to launch at the same time as the BBC changes. I'm not saying there won't be any extra SD streams on that mux to utilise unused space, just that they aren't imminent as there would likely be signs by now.

Just saw it - it was a oops on my part.

Unless NOW 80s moves to a new Mux - Freeview viewers will have no TV Music channels from June 29th.

4Music will become E4 Extra.

Box Hits will become 4Music only on Virgin, Sky and Freesat

cheekyangus 13-06-2022 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36125119)

Unless NOW 80s moves to a new Mux - Freeview viewers will have no TV Music channels from June 29th.

4Music will become E4 Extra.

Box Hits will become 4Music only on Virgin, Sky and Freesat

Thought it might be. No worries.

I was just thinking, what with E4's demographic being less into broadcast, maybe Channel 4 would sacrifice E4+1 on Freeview and keep the New 4Music on the platform. A music channel would surely be more worthwhile on Freeview than a timeshift. Just an idea.

Media Boy UK 13-06-2022 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36125122)
Thought it might be. No worries.

I was just thinking, what with E4's demographic being less into broadcast, maybe Channel 4 would sacrifice E4+1 on Freeview and keep the New 4Music on the platform. A music channel would surely be more worthwhile on Freeview than a timeshift. Just an idea.

Broadband TV News web site is reporting the EPG Channels for both E4 Extra and 4Music from June 29th as followed:

*The new E4 Extra will take the EPG slot currently held by 4Music (Freeview 31, Virgin 337, Sky 139, Freesat 181 and YouView 31).

*4Music will move to replace Box Hits on the EPG (Virgin 336, Sky 354 and Freesat 501).

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2022...medium=twitter

cheekyangus 13-06-2022 14:29

Just had another thought. If E4+1 remains on DTT, maybe E4 Extra will swap with E4+1 on D3&4, leaving the +1 on COM5.

Media Boy UK 13-06-2022 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36125125)
Just had another thought. If E4+1 remains on DTT, maybe E4 Extra will swap with E4+1 on D3&4, leaving the +1 on COM5.

Look like Channel 4 wants E4 +1 on Freeview.

RXTV is reporting that 4Music will close on Freeview on June 29th.

https://twitter.com/rxtv_info/status...39452322123776

---------- Post added at 15:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

Due to today news that BoxHits will close and E4 Extra set to launch plus 4Music to close on Freeview on June 29th. Here is Channel 4's Monthly Reach numbers for May 2022.

Channel 4 > 39,311
E4 > 19,154
Film4 > 14,767
More4 > 13,718
4seven > 9,797
4Music > 6,196
Magic TV > 1,442
Box Hits > 1,136
Kerrang > 912
Kiss TV > 725
The Box > 759
Kiss TV > 725

With The Box having a same idea of things it broadcast on 4Music if I was working for Channel 4 I would also axe The Box to launch E4 Extra +1.

cheekyangus 13-06-2022 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36125126)
With The Box having a same idea of things it broadcast on 4Music if I was working for Channel 4 I would also axe The Box to launch E4 Extra +1.

If that was the case why are they replacing Box Hits if The Box is "the same thing" as 4Music?

Take that approach to its extreme and there will only be 1 channel left on UK television. :D

Also, that's just replacing variety (albeit similar) with repeats. You can serve the same demographic with completely different content and get more viewers, that's why there are often many channels that service the same demographic run by the same broadcaster, because running various brands with different content for the same people usually gets more viewers than consolidating them into one channel or replacing with a timeshift channel.

If for instance you closed Really and retained Quest Red, which are supposedly targeting the same demographic, the Really viewers aren't necessarily going to start watching Quest Red, they might hate Quest Red with a passion, and not watch even if some Really shows appear on Quest Red. It might even be that Quest Red viewers might watch less Quest Red if airtime gets taken by Really shows. Quest Red viewers may have different tastes to Really viewers despite being same demographic and virtually the same to outsiders.

E4 back in the day was a very different channel to the old BBC3, and still is, despite being aimed at the same demographic.

Discovery will likely much prefer two channels regularly getting 600,000 viewers each rather than a consolidated channel that gets 750,000 (numbers take from top of head to illustrate a point, there's no source BTW). Because consolidation doesn't result in 100% viewer retention.

cheekyangus 14-06-2022 17:46

​First notification I've seen, outside of the BBC HD news, of a channel talking about COM7 closure.

PBS America +1 will, unsurprisingly, be closing rather than finding a new home on a free DTT broadcast stream.

https://twitter.com/PBSAmerica/statu...49052926128129

Media Boy UK 14-06-2022 23:53

24 hours slots:
-Old RT slot on COM6

Part time slots:

SD:
*FreeSports
*Quest Red+1
*Now 80s
*More4+1
*That's TV (UK)
*Forces TV
*Together TV

HD:
*Quest HD
*QVC HD
*QVC Beauty HD

Quest Red+1
More4+1
That's TV (UK)
Quest HD

By:
22nd. BBC FOUR HD will move to BBC B Mux.

June:
30th. PBS America +1 closes today on Freeview Channel 87.
30th. BBC News HD closes today on Freeview Channel 107.
30th. COM7 will close today.

All information is right as of June 14th.

Media Boy UK 15-06-2022 17:39

24 hours slots:
-Old RT slot on COM6

Part time slots:

All information right as of June 15th.

SD:
*FreeSports
*Quest Red+1
*Now 80s
*More4+1
*That's TV (UK)
*Together TV

HD:
*Quest HD
*QVC HD
*QVC Beauty HD

By:
22nd. BBC FOUR HD will move to BBC B Mux.

June:
30th. Horror Channel will become Horror Xtra on Freeview Channel 41*
30th. CBS Justice will become Horror Channel on Freeview Channel 69*.
30th. Forces TV closes today on Freeview Channel 96.

*Channel numbers may change.

All information is right as of June 15th.

Media Boy UK 15-06-2022 20:57

UPDATE:

Information from Mike (a516Digital).

-QVC has confirmed its HD channels are leaving Freeview, but viewers can access high quality streams of all its channels through the red button on channel 16.

-Together is licensed to launch a DTAS service - i.e. streamed channel.

Again Thanks Mike.

And RXTV home page says Quest HD will close on Freeview.

I will do an new list update tomorrow after 4pm.

Media Boy UK 16-06-2022 16:14

Media Boy UK views:

On the back of yesterday's news at Forces TV UK is set to close on June 30th I have been thinking that Talking Pictures may make a bid for Forces TV in a coming days to keep Forces TV on Sky, Freesat and Virgin with a later rebrand to Talking Entertainment that would keep Talking Pictures to broadcast Movies 24/7.

New list will be posted later tonight.

Chris 16-06-2022 16:24

Towny views:

You don’t need to preface your posts with headlines in bold. You aren’t a newspaper, you’re just somebody posting on an Internet forum, like the rest of us. ;)

Media Boy UK 16-06-2022 19:04

24 hours slots:
-Old RT slot on COM6

Part time slots:

All information right as of June 16th.

All following Channels are set to close/or move to other streams on Freeview on June 30th.

EPG > Name:
65. FreeSports
71. Quest Red +1
77. Now 80s
86. More4 +1
91. That's TV (UK)
92. That's Music

Soon:
-BBC B Mux has room to add up to two SD Channels.
-SDN to provide capacity for a 24/7 stream on Com4 multiplex.
-Together TV to carry on broadcasting on Freeview but as a DTAS service - i.e. streamed channel.

June:
30th. Horror Channel will become Horror Xtra on Freeview Channel 41*
30th. CBS Justice will become Horror Channel on Freeview Channel 69*.
30th. BBC FOUR HD will move to BBC B Mux - Viewers will need to retune to carry on watching on Freeview Channel 106.
30th. QVC HD will close today on Freeview Channel 111.
30th. QVC Beauty HD will close today on Freeview Channel 112.
30th. Quest HD will close today on Freeview Channel 114.
30th. CBeebies HD will move to BBC B Mux - Viewers will need to retune to carry on watching on Freeview Channel 205.

^Freeview viewers can access high quality streams of all its channels through the red button on Freeview Channel 16.

All information is right as of June 16th.

Media Boy UK 16-06-2022 23:02

PBS America "In talks" with Freeview over it Freeview broadcasting hours.

A) Move to a 24 hour slot.
B) Having 11pm to 1pm on IPTV.

https://twitter.com/MediaBoyUK/statu...55893113475073

cheekyangus 16-06-2022 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36125509)
PBS America "In talks" with Freeview over it Freeview broadcasting hours.

A) Move to a 24 hour slot.
B) Having 11pm to 1pm on IPTV.

https://twitter.com/MediaBoyUK/statu...55893113475073

Could just be an overeager to please social media person. It's not Freeview that needs talking to, they don't provide the technical side.

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:44 ----------

Having said that, the money "saved" from not paying for COM7 might be enough to cover the costs of expanding hours.

Media Boy UK 17-06-2022 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36125512)
Could just be an overeager to please social media person. It's not Freeview that needs talking to, they don't provide the technical side.

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:44 ----------

Having said that, the money "saved" from not paying for COM7 might be enough to cover the costs of expanding hours.

Watch this space. (I have seen unconfirmed information).

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

30th CBS Drama renames to RealityXtra (but keeps the same schedule of reality/drama that it shows now)
30th CBS Justice closes and is replaced by Legend (which is essentially the current Horror Channel moving the the entertainment section)
30th Horror Channel is replaced by HorrorXtra (which is just films from 5pm-5am)

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...ment_101111096

Rillington 18-06-2022 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36125119)

Apart from in Manchester.

Media Boy UK 19-06-2022 16:08

24 hours slots:
-Old RT slot on COM6

Part time slots:

All information right as of June 16th.

All following Channels are set to close/or move to other streams on Freeview on June 30th.

EPG > Name:
65. FreeSports
71. Quest Red +1
77. Now 80s
86. More4 +1
91. That's TV (UK)
92. That's Music

Soon:
-Together TV to carry on broadcasting on Freeview but as a DTAS service - i.e. streamed channel.

June:
29th. 4Music will become E4 Extra on Freeview Channel 31.
30th. Horror Channel will become HorrorXtra on Freeview Channel 41*

30th. CBS Reality will become Reality on Freeview Channel 67.
30th. CBS Drama will become RealityXtra on Freeview Channel 68.
30th. CBS Justice will become Legend on Freeview Channel 69*.

30th. BBC FOUR HD will move to BBC B Mux - Viewers will need to retune to carry on watching on Freeview Channel 106.

30th. CBeebies HD will move to BBC B Mux - Viewers will need to retune to carry on watching on Freeview Channel 205.

^Freeview viewers can access high quality streams of all its channels through the red button on Freeview Channel 16.

All information is right as of June 18th.

Media Boy UK 22-06-2022 17:49

Reports are coming in at Horror Xtra will broadcast from 5pm to 3am.

NOW 80s or POP* to timeshare with Horror Xtra on Freeview???

*If POP do timeshare that would make room for a 24 hour channel to launch on COM6.

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

It not Timeshare with Horror Xtra I can see POP moving to LTV Mux or merge into POP Player also with Tiny Pop.

If Pop time with Horror Xtra I think FreeSports will move to LTV Mux.

cheekyangus 22-06-2022 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36126013)
Reports are coming in at Horror Xtra will broadcast from 5pm to 3am.

NOW 80s or POP* to timeshare with Horror Xtra on Freeview???

*If POP do timeshare that would make room for a 24 hour channel to launch on COM6.

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

It not Timeshare with Horror Xtra I can see POP moving to LTV Mux or merge into POP Player also with Tiny Pop.

If Pop time with Horror Xtra I think FreeSports will move to LTV Mux.

The Horror Xtra shortened schedule has been doing the rounds for days, without source. Though I get impression it's based on Digiguide or transmitted box EPG data.

What makes you think POP will downgrade its coverage? It's one of their best performing channels, and part of that success is the wide distribution.

POP Player is On-Demand for all the Pop channels, it's already a merging of them.

How does POP vacating COM6, reducing it to 14 channels, have anything to do with do with a channel from another broadcaster moving to the Local Mux? Especially since there is already space for a channel there.

Why don't we just pick any other channel on COM6 or randomly pick another channel on any other multiplex?

Explain your thinking MB.

Now80s is the best fit, from the so to be homeless channels, for any early timeshared slot, in my opinion.

Media Boy UK 22-06-2022 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36126049)
The Horror Xtra shortened schedule has been doing the rounds for days, without source. Though I get impression it's based on Digiguide or transmitted box EPG data.

What makes you think POP will downgrade its coverage? It's one of their best performing channels, and part of that success is the wide distribution.

POP Player is On-Demand for all the Pop channels, it's already a merging of them.

How does POP vacating COM6, reducing it to 14 channels, have anything to do with do with a channel from another broadcaster moving to the Local Mux? Especially since there is already space for a channel there.

Why don't we just pick any other channel on COM6 or randomly pick another channel on any other multiplex?

Explain your thinking MB.

Now80s is the best fit, from the so to be homeless channels, for any early timeshared slot, in my opinion.

Just thinking out loud.

Why did Narrative Capital Partners launch Pop Player on Freeview?

I can Narrative Capital Partners looking to save money on a costs of Pop and Tiny Pop on Freeview.

And with Horror Xtra hours being rumour as 5pm to 3am it owners can sell it 3am to 5pm to a other broadcaster I only listed NOW 80s due to COM 7 closing next week.

Three 24 hours slots are free as of today. With five channels looking for new homes as far as I know as of June 30th.

cheekyangus 22-06-2022 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36126053)
Just thinking out loud.

Why did Narrative Capital Partners launch Pop Player on Freeview?

I can Narrative Capital Partners looking to save money on a costs of Pop and Tiny Pop on Freeview.

And with Horror Xtra hours being rumour as 5pm to 3am it owners can sell it 3am to 5pm to a other broadcaster I only listed NOW 80s due to COM 7 closing next week.

Three 24 hours slots are free as of today. With five channels looking for new homes as far as I know as of June 30th.

Thanks MB.

Pop Player, the app, was already part of Freeview Play app lineup so I'm not that sure what they've got out of it other than the name acting like advertising on the EPG.

Here's a thought, which I'd rather didn't happen...but it occurred to me...QVC Style occupies a 1pm to 7pm slot shared with QVC Beauty SD, also on COM6. Maybe it's taking the 3am to 5pm slot to enable QVC Beauty SD to go 24hrs...from the money saved from the HD versions closing down on COM7.

Media Boy UK 22-06-2022 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36126055)
Thanks MB.

Pop Player, the app, was already part of Freeview Play app lineup so I'm not that sure what they've got out of it other than the name acting like advertising on the EPG.

Here's a thought, which I'd rather didn't happen...but it occurred to me...QVC Style occupies a 1pm to 7pm slot shared with QVC Beauty SD, also on COM6. Maybe it's taking the 3am to 5pm slot to enable QVC Beauty SD to go 24hrs...from the money saved from the HD versions closing down on COM7.

I was told a unconfirm rumour that PBS may move soon to a new slot on COM4.

I was told PBS was one of a broadcasters (PBS is a only name I know) who has make a bid for Craft Extra slot.

cheekyangus 23-06-2022 00:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36126056)
I have seen a unconfirm rumour that PBS may move soon to a new slot on COM4.

Is this a new one? Or that tweet response they gave someone recently? Mind you, that didn't have a specific multiplex mentioned, just that they were looking for more space.

I hope they do manage a longer slot. Since they're one of the better channels.

Media Boy UK 23-06-2022 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36126055)

But QVC is broadcasting QVC Style and QVC Beauty SD with QVC Extra 24/7 on Freeview Channel 16 via Red Button so QVC is not going to pay for any more broadcasting time on COM6 in my view.

cheekyangus 23-06-2022 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36126058)
But QVC is broadcasting QVC Style and QVC Beauty SD with QVC Extra 24/7 on Freeview Channel 16 via Red Button so QVC is not going to pay for any more broadcasting time on COM6 in my view.

The impression of QVC customers I have is they are less likely to be the sort to have their TVs connected to the internet so are unlikely to use the Red Button streams. A daytime, rather than primetime broadcast slot will be cheaper, and they aren't going to paying for COM7 stream any more, so those funds could be reallocated.

Anyway, it was just a thought, and I hope it doesn't happen.

cheekyangus 23-06-2022 13:14

Freesports is leaving Freeview.
https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/freesports-leaves-freeview

---------- Post added at 12:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 ----------

Apparently That's TV (UK) is taking over its channel number (Ch 65).

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 ----------

Some of the channels are apparently showing on-screen messages, I'll see which. According to RXTV other changes include:
Quest Red +1
Together TV
That's Music
...are all staying with unspecified multiplexes with increased coverage.

Now 80s is staying but moves to Manchester mux.

More4+1 is closing.

As is the Craft Extra placeholder that's been in legal limbo.

---------- Post added at 12:51 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/two-days-o...ll-the-changes

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

Most of the channels affected are showing messages on-screen, but not all.

Looks like That's Music is renaming as Classic Hits.

---------- Post added at 13:14 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

Changes all happening on the 29th.

Media Boy UK 23-06-2022 13:59

24 hours slots:
-Old RT slot on COM6

Part time slots:

Slots information right as of June 16th.

Soon:

June:
30th. Horror Channel will become Legend on Freeview Channel 41.
30th. Freesports closes on on Freeview Channel 65.
30th. CBS Reality will become Reality on Freeview Channel 67.

30th. CBS Drama will become RealityXtra in reduction to coverage on Freeview Channel 68. (Local Mux?)
30th. CBS Justice closes on on Freeview Channel 69.
30th. Quest Red +1 moves to a new mux but stays on Freeview Channel 71.
30th. NOW 80s move to Manchester Mux today on Freeview Channel 77.

30th. Together TV moves to a new mux but stays on Freeview Channel 83.
30th. More4 +1 closes on on Freeview Channel 86.
30th. That's TV (UK) moves to a new mux but move from Freeview Channel 91 to Freeview Channel 65.

30th. That's TV Music will become Classic Hits and moves to a new mux but stays on Freeview Channel 92.
30th. Craft Extra will be removed from Freeview Channel 95.

30th. QVC HD close today on Freeview Channel 111.
30th. QVC Beauty HD close today on Freeview Channel 112.
30th. Quest HD close today on Freeview Channel 114.

All information is right as of June 23rd.

cheekyangus 23-06-2022 15:35

Official Freeview page regards upcoming changes of 29th and 30th June.
https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/serv...view-june-2022

Media Boy UK 23-06-2022 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36126104)
Official Freeview page regards upcoming changes of 29th and 30th June.
https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/serv...view-june-2022

24 hours slots:
-Old RT slot on COM6

Part time slots:

Base on that Freeview link

*Together TV may move to COM5 (3am to 7am)
*That’s TV (UK) will move to COM4 or COM6
*Quest Red +1 will move to COM4 or COM6

*Classic Hits is moving to CBS Drama or CBS Justice on COM6.
*COM6 will still have a free slot on June 30th.

*And CBS Drama may move to Local Mux.

---------- Post added at 15:58 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

Also now we know why Horror Channel was move to CBS Justice old channel number on Freeview last month.

With a news today that CBS Justice will close on Freeview on June 30th.

Media Boy UK 23-06-2022 21:49

UPDATE: CBS Reality will NOT be rebrand from June 30th.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/cbs-channe...mp-end-of-june

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

I am still in shock that "That's TV" can buy two UK Wide slots on COM6 from June 30th. But

-Sky only got That's TV UK.
-Virgin only got That's TV Local in some areas.

---------- Post added at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

RXTV says Together TV will move from COM7 to COM6.

https://rxtvinfo.com/freeview-updates

cheekyangus 23-06-2022 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36126124)
UPDATE: CBS Reality will NOT be rebrand from June 30th.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/cbs-channe...mp-end-of-june

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

I am still in shock that "That's TV" can buy two UK Wide slots on COM6 from June 30th. But

-Sky only got That's TV UK.
-Virgin only got That's TV Local in some areas.

---------- Post added at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

RXTV says Together TV will move from COM7 to COM6.

https://rxtvinfo.com/freeview-updates

I'm really wondering what sort of sources RXTV has. I was expecting quite different multiplex allocations based on which services were staying from COM7.

Oh well, we'll see when the changes actually happen.

RichardCoulter 24-06-2022 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36126056)
I was told a unconfirm rumour that PBS may move soon to a new slot on COM4.

I was told PBS was one of a broadcasters (PBS is a only name I know) who has make a bid for Craft Extra slot.

PBS recently tweeted that they are currently in negotiations to go 24 hours on Freevuew and hope to make an announcement shortly.

No idea if this will involve a change of mux.

cheekyangus 24-06-2022 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36126139)
PBS recently tweeted that they are currently in negotiations to go 24 hours on Freevuew and hope to make an announcement shortly.

If they have secured a larger slot they may be waiting for the chaos of next weeks changes to be implemented, particularly as it involves they own +1 closure.

Or it's so last minute it didn't get finalised in time.

The only evidence I've seen of their intentions is a tweet reply and it was worded, to my recollection, to simply suggest their aim was about getting longer hours, not necessarily a full 24hr slot. Have you seen another tweet that specifically says 24?

Media Boy UK 24-06-2022 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36126139)

PBS was maybe in "negotiations" by making a bid for one of a free slots but have miss out with Warner Bros Discovery or That's TV winning.

---------- Post added at 13:01 ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 ----------

But with CBS Drama moving to Local Mux - Freeview will have one unsold slot on COM6 where Together TV is broadcasting.

cheekyangus 27-06-2022 13:33

PBS America is gaining an extra hour on Freeview from 1st July. Now until midnight.

Source: @afzok on Twitter alerted RXTV to this news about PBS America Freeview hours change.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/pbs-americ...ht-on-freeview

Media Boy UK 27-06-2022 15:09

The following MAY happen from September 22nd:

69. ITV4 +1 - Moves from Channel 89
81. Classic Hits - Moves from Channel 91
86. Country Music Entertainment - Moves from Channel 88
87 TV Warehouse - Moves from Channel 90
88. On Demand 365 - Moves from Channel 97

---------- Post added at 15:09 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36126339)
PBS America is gaining an extra hour on Freeview from 1st July. Now until midnight.

Source: @afzok on Twitter alerted RXTV to this news about PBS America Freeview hours change.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/pbs-americ...ht-on-freeview

Look like a hour is coming from Babestation.

cheekyangus 27-06-2022 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36126354)
The following MAY happen from September 22nd:

69. ITV4 +1 - Moves from Channel 89
81. Classic Hits - Moves from Channel 91
86. Country Music Entertainment - Moves from Channel 88
87 TV Warehouse - Moves from Channel 90
88. On Demand 365 - Moves from Channel 97

---------- Post added at 15:09 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

Look like a hour is coming from Babestation.

What's the significance of September 22nd?
*Waits to facepalm and say "Of course!"* :D

Media Boy UK 27-06-2022 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36126376)
What's the significance of September 22nd?
*Waits to facepalm and say "Of course!"* :D

The 12 week rule before Freeview can give out a channel that no longer broadcast on Freeview channel number to a other broadcaster.

CBS Justice is set to close on June 30th on Channel 69 so Freeview cant give ITV the channel number until September 22nd.

cheekyangus 27-06-2022 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36126379)
The 12 week rule before Freeview can give out a channel that no longer broadcast on Freeview channel number to a other broadcaster.

CBS Justice is set to close on June 30th on Channel 69 so Freeview cant give ITV the channel number until September 22nd.

*Facepalm*

With UKTV having shown previous interest in channel numbers, e.g. the recent deal that pushed ITV4+1 to Ch89, I'd have thought Dave Ja Vu would be a more likely candidate for Ch69. Or Classic Hits, since they just bought Ch65 off Freesports. Or maybe even PBS. I can't see ITV wanting to go to much effort.

PBS just confirmed the move on social media (not that I didn't believe that it was in their newsletter).
https://twitter.com/PBSAmerica/statu...70413028474880

RichardCoulter 27-06-2022 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36126153)
If they have secured a larger slot they may be waiting for the chaos of next weeks changes to be implemented, particularly as it involves they own +1 closure.

Or it's so last minute it didn't get finalised in time.

The only evidence I've seen of their intentions is a tweet reply and it was worded, to my recollection, to simply suggest their aim was about getting longer hours, not necessarily a full 24hr slot. Have you seen another tweet that specifically says 24?

No, it's the same tweet reply. I erroneously believed that they broadcast all the time apart from about two or three hours in the early hours of the morning and thought that they would just be mopping up these few hours.

After seeing your post on forumbox.co.uk, I now know that this was incorrect:

https://www.forumbox.co.uk/forum/thr...508#post124508

Media Boy UK 27-06-2022 21:54

I was told that PBS was after a free slot on COM4 but Freeview has reveal that PBS has lost out to Warner Bros Discovery to keep Quest Red +1 on Freeview.

Maybe Quest Red +1 will launch on Virgin when deal is up.

cheekyangus 27-06-2022 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36126397)
I was told that PBS was after a free slot on COM4 but Freeview has reveal that PBS has lost out to Warner Bros Discovery to keep Quest Red +1 on Freeview.

Maybe Quest Red +1 will launch on Virgin when deal is up.

I'd have thought WBD would rather have their On-Demand Apps on VM than add another +1 on a platform with cost/userbase ratio like VM. VM is probably the least cost effective platform for +1s.

Media Boy UK 28-06-2022 15:27

CONFIRMED:

Together TV moving to COM5 and will broadcast from 3am to 7am

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/together-t...-hbbtv-service

---------- Post added at 15:27 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

24 hours slots:
-Old RT slot on COM6

Part time slots:

Slots information right as of June 16th.

Soon:

June:
29th. Quest Red +1 moves to a new mux but stays on Freeview Channel 71.
29th. Together TV moves to COM 5 broadcasting from 3am to 7am but stays on Freeview Channel 83 (24 hours via Red Button on some TVs).
29th. That's TV (UK) moves to a new mux but stays on Freeview Channel 92.

29th. Craft Extra removed from Freeview Channel 95.
29th. BBC FOUR HD will move to BBC B Mux - Viewers will need to retune to carry on watching on Freeview Channel 106.
29th. CBeebies HD will move to BBC B Mux - Viewers will need to retune to carry on watching on Freeview Channel 205.

30th. CBS Drama will become RealityXtra in reduction to coverage on Freeview Channel 68.

30th. That's TV (UK) moves from Freeview Channel 91 to Freeview Channel 65.
30th. That's TV Music will become Classic Hits and moves to a new mux and move from Freeview Channel 92 to Freeview Channel 91.

30th. A 24 hour slot on COM4 or COM6 will still be not in use today on Freeview.

All information is right as of June 28th.

Media Boy UK 28-06-2022 23:03

I have today work out that a 24 hour slot will still be up for grabs on COM6 after all a changes coming to Freeview by July 1st.

Here is what I have work out today in full:

29th. Craft Extra or RT old slots > Quest Red +1
29th. Together TV moves to Smithsonian Channel slot on COM5 and broadcasting from 3am to 7am (24 hours via Red Button on some TVs).

29th. Craft Extra or RT old slots > That's TV (UK)
30th. Horror Channel > Legend

30th. CBS Drama > RealityXtra
30th. Ideal Extra old slot > RealityXtra
30th. CBS Drama old slot > SLOT will not be in use. (Unless PBS is using slot to broadcast from 11pm to Midnight every night)

30th. That's TV Music > Classic Hits
30th. CBS Justice old slot > Classic Hits

30th. Pop Max old slot > NOW 80s (Manchester Mux only)

Media Boy UK 29-06-2022 11:52

June:
29th. 4Music has become E4 Extra on Freeview Channel 31.
29th. Quest Red +1 has moved to COM6 but stays on Freeview Channel 71.*
29th. Together TV has moved to COM5 broadcasting from 3am to 7am but stays on Freeview Channel 83 (24 hours via Red Button on some TVs).*
29th. That's TV (UK) has appeared on COM6 but is still to start broadcasting at time of posting on Freeview Channel 92.*

29th. Craft Extra removed from COM4 on Freeview Channel 95.
29th. BBC FOUR HD has appeared on BBC B but is still to start broadcasting at time of posting on Freeview Channel 106.*
29th. CBeebies HD has appeared on BBC B but is still to start broadcasting at time of posting on Freeview Channel 106.*

*Viewers will need to retune to carry on watching all channel listed.

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

24 hours slots:
-Old Craft Extra slot on COM4

Part time slots:

Slots information right as of June 29th.

Soon:

June:
30th. CBS Drama will become RealityXtra in reduction to coverage on Freeview Channel 68.

30th. That's TV (UK) moves from Freeview Channel 91 to Freeview Channel 65.

30th. That's TV Music will become Classic Hits and moves to a new mux and move from Freeview Channel 92 to Freeview Channel 91.

30th. A 24 hour slot on COM6 will still be not in use today on Freeview.

My OWN views:

I did work out on June 28th that a 24 hour slot will still be up for grabs on COM6 after all a changes coming to Freeview by July 1st.

Here is what I have work out:

30th. Horror Channel > Legend

30th. CBS Drama old slot > SLOT will not be in use. (Unless PBS is using slot to broadcast from 11pm to Midnight every night)
30th. CBS Justice old slot > Classic Hits

30th. Pop Max old slot > NOW 80s (Manchester Mux only)

All information is right as of June 29th.

cheekyangus 29-06-2022 12:41

Are you sure those are both in COM6? There aren't meant to be more free streams untik tomorrow's changes. Whereas COM4 could accommodate one of them.

Media Boy UK 29-06-2022 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36126520)
Are you sure those are both in COM6? There aren't meant to be more free streams untik tomorrow's changes. Whereas COM4 could accommodate one of them.

UK Terrestrial TV on Twitter has confirmed that both Quest Red+1 and That's TV (UK) has been added to COM6.

Quest Red +1 - https://twitter.com/ukdtt/status/1542087913470672897

That's TV UK - https://twitter.com/ukdtt/status/1542087904725532672

Yesterday I did work out that a following will happen tomorrow.

30th. CBS Drama old slot > That's TV (UK)
30th. CBS Justice old slot > Classic Hits as channel 91

Due to That's TV UK moving to COM6 today (not yet broadcasting) I think that safe to say that Classic Hits moving to COM6 using CBS Justice slot.

With CBS Drama under it new name is set to move to Local Mux tomorrow.

When watching todays PMQs I work out that COM4 (Craft Extra old slot) will still be up for grabs after tomorrow.

All information may change.

14:37 UPDATE.

cheekyangus 29-06-2022 14:15

Yeah, I was still catching up when I posted that. :-)

Looks like Quest Red +1 is using the RT slot (i.e. the only currently empty COM6 slot) and That's TV UK is only showing a slate on devices it's new to, as it's waiting for the vacancies created by tomorrow's closures.

BBC, Together and That's TV UK all showing slates in new locations and continuing to broadcast on COM7.

Media Boy UK 29-06-2022 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36126526)
Yeah, I was still catching up when I posted that. :-)

Looks like Quest Red +1 is using the RT slot (i.e. the only currently empty COM6 slot) and That's TV UK is only showing a slate on devices it's new to, as it's waiting for the vacancies created by tomorrow's closures.

BBC, Together and That's TV UK all showing slates in new locations and continuing to broadcast on COM7.

I did not know that "That's TV UK" was not broadcasting today on COM6.

So it maybe is waiting for CBS Drama to move to local Mux tomorrow.

But COM4 (Craft Extra old slot) will still be up for grabs after tomorrow.

cheekyangus 29-06-2022 20:39

Looks like the BBC HD streams on PSB3/BBCB aren't ready, and there's no sign of when "soon" is. They reworded a previous article.

See this blog post.

https://cleanfeed.thetvroom.com/1371...d-on-freeview/

RichardCoulter 29-06-2022 23:36

After all this is completed, what apace will be left on Freeview, if any?

Media Boy UK 29-06-2022 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36126556)
After all this is completed, what apace will be left on Freeview, if any?

A 24 hour slot on SDN will still be not in use after tomorrow.

All of tomorrow changes will be from Local TV Mux (RealityXtra), Man Mux (NOW 80s) and COM6.

---------- Post added at 23:58 ---------- Previous post was at 23:46 ----------

Where is PBS America getting they extra hour on freeview from July 1st?

cheekyangus 30-06-2022 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36126557)

All of tomorrow changes will be from Local TV Mux (RealityXtra), Man Mux (NOW 80s) and COM6.

I just assumed they gave Babestation a wedge of money to change their hours. :erm: it's the most obvious answer.

RichardCoulter 30-06-2022 04:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36126557)

So instead of lowering their fee to allow a channel to stay on Freeview, they're now getting nothing at all!

---------- Post added at 04:47 ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36126559)
I just assumed they gave Babestation a wedge of money to change their hours. :erm: it's the most obvious answer.

It might be that Babestation offered an extra hour to PBS to cut costs if they aren't generating enough income from their first hour on air.

Is the slot leased by PBS and sublet to Babestation?

cheekyangus 30-06-2022 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36126560)
So instead of lowering their fee to allow a channel to stay on Freeview, they're now getting nothing at all!

The SDN slot was only recently advertised and was caught up the administration of the old version of Ideal World, that's why they Back Soon slate was still broadcasting up until yesterday.

Clearly though, the market rate for DTT space was too high for those that closed to take it. It's not just SDN that will drive that value, Arqiva's multiplex space will determine it too. We'll see later today how that price has shaped how the remaining TV services, as it's only guesswork until it happens.

cheekyangus 30-06-2022 11:31

The CBS Justice closure slate reads as follows

"CBS Justice has now closed.
Continue watching more of your favourite shows from out sister channels CBS Reality on channel 67, Legend on channel 41, and RealityXtra on channel 68.
Thank you for watching
."

If there's anything to read into this, it's that it can be noted that CBS Reality is still called a sister channel, despite it keeping the CBS branding. So if Viacom CBS and AMC are ending their joint venture and splitting the assets, they haven't yet. Or the employee who wrote the slate still feels they are part of the family. ;-)

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

I've also noticed some odd EPG happenings on RealityXtra and CBS Justice. I'll monitor and see if they come to anything.

Media Boy UK 30-06-2022 15:05

I have seen reports that Classic Hits (1am to 7am*) is Timeshare with Quest Red +1 (7am to 1am*) on Freeview COM6.

*Rumour broadcasting times.

My TV says Classic Hits "will be back at 1am".

If true on Reports Freeview still got TWO SLOTS up for up for grabs - An 23 hour one on COM6^ and a 24 hour one on SDN/COM4.

^Information on a COM6 slot may change when Freeview how PBS America is broadcasting their extra hour from - When will Babestation start tomorrow night?

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:59 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36126581)
The CBS Justice closure slate reads as follows

"CBS Justice has now closed.
Continue watching more of your favourite shows from out sister channels CBS Reality on channel 67, Legend on channel 41, and RealityXtra on channel 68.
Thank you for watching
."

If there's anything to read into this, it's that it can be noted that CBS Reality is still called a sister channel, despite it keeping the CBS branding. So if Viacom CBS and AMC are ending their joint venture and splitting the assets, they haven't yet. Or the employee who wrote the slate still feels they are part of the family. ;-)

I feel Paramount have sold their share in a channels you have listed to AMC but by a look of things AMC has cut a cost of broadcasting on Freeview by selling their slots on COM6 to That's TV UK and a yet unname broadcaster and moving RealityXtra to local Mux.

cheekyangus 30-06-2022 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36126596)
I have seen reports that Classic Hits (1am to 7am*) is Timeshare with Quest Red +1 (7am to 1am*) on Freeview COM6.

*Rumour broadcasting times.

My TV says Classic Hits "will be back at 1am".

If true on Reports Freeview still got TWO SLOTS up for up for grabs - An 23 hour one on COM6^ and a 24 hour one on SDN/COM4.

^Information on a COM6 slot may change when Freeview how PBS America is broadcasting their extra hour from - When will Babestation start tomorrow night?

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:59 ----------

I feel Paramount have sold their share in a channels you have listed to AMC but by a look of things AMC has cut a cost of broadcasting on Freeview by selling their slots on COM6 to That's TV UK and a yet unname broadcasting and moving RealityXtra to local Mux.

I wonder if anything will come of the Brands TV thing that got a license for DTT. I hope not, I can't see a need for another shopping channel, especially when some of them are having to cut costs, and DTT is expensive.

Media Boy UK 30-06-2022 15:40

24 hours slots:
-Old CBS Justice slot on COM6

Part time slots:

Slots information right as of June 30th.

What’s changing soon on Freeview:

Soon:
-BBC B Mux may have room to add up to two SD Channels.
-BBC FOUR HD relaunches on Freeview Channel 106.
-CBeebies HD relaunches on Freeview Channel 205.

All information is right as of June 30th.

cheekyangus 30-06-2022 18:06

The updated slate for Classic Hits now has the transmission hours for That's TV UK and itself. They align, so they are sharing a stream.

Also the Horror Bites app is rebranding as Legend. Source: Freesat website, so presumably same on Freeview.

No information on CBS Catch-up Channels UK app.

Media Boy UK 01-07-2022 13:17

Just thinking out loud:

PBS is moving to CBS Justice old slot to broadcast from 1pm to midnight every day.

cheekyangus 01-07-2022 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36126641)
Just thinking out loud:

PBS is moving to CBS Justice old slot to broadcast from 1pm to midnight every day.

I can't see them going to effort of moving to a completely free stream just to increase their hours by 1 hour daily.

And can you move to another stream on the same multiplex without a retune? I don't know for sure, though I can think of logical reasons why it might be possible.

Media Boy UK 01-07-2022 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36126656)
I can't see them going to effort of moving to a completely free stream just to increase their hours by 1 hour daily.

And can you move to another stream on the same multiplex without a retune?.

Yes.

Xpanded TV did so in a past when broadcasting on Freeview (Before moving to timeshare with Ideal World)

12am - 3am - Timeshare with Together TV - Before W did launch on Freeview.
3am - 7am - where Together TV is broadcasting right now.

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

Anyway it now look like PBS WILL be getting it extra hours from Babestation.

https://twitter.com/Mark56623345/sta...81822681583616

Media Boy UK 01-07-2022 23:11

*PBS is now broadcasting from 1pm to midnight (EPG updated).
*Babestation is now broadcasting from 12am to 5am (On screen info confirm it).

Media Boy UK 12-07-2022 19:14

Local TV Mux set to launch in parts of North East England (Teesside and County Durham).

Due to new mast being built on Bilsdale West Moor set to go live in 2023:

The Following channels will launch in a area. Information right as of July 12th 2022:

*Teesside TV
*GREAT! tv
*GREAT! movies +1
*GREAT! movies classic
*RealityXtra
*Tiny POP

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/extended-f...h-east-england

cheekyangus 24-08-2022 13:28

Classic Hits moves to Ch88 and reduces to 4am-7am hours.

I thought Freeview rules meant new (to DTT) channels had to have a minimum of 6 hours a day broadcast and listed on EPG, so clearly I misunderstood or there's some way to wiggle out of it. Maybe they bought some other service's history, so to speak, and got the legacy inheritance attached to it.

I've worked out what's happened. They've bought Country Music Entertainment's EPG position and space on the Manchester multiplex. Hence the full service Classic Hits MCR that's now on the old Ch91 position.

Earthx TV launches on Ch 79 at 7pm on 25th August. It's apparently taking the remaining COM6 slot.

I can't see this lasting long. A least it's something different.

Seems to have done a deal with Now Music. Now90s now is now on Ch87.

Media Boy UK 24-08-2022 15:53

24 hours slots:

Part time slots:

Slots information right as of August 24th.

What’s changing soon on Freeview:

Soon:
-BBC B Mux may have room to add up to two SD Channels.
-BBC FOUR HD relaunches on Freeview Channel 106.
-CBeebies HD relaunches on Freeview Channel 205.

All information is right as of August 24th.

Media Boy UK 24-08-2022 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36132189)
Classic Hits moves to Ch88 and reduces to 4am-7am hours.

I thought Freeview rules meant new (to DTT) channels had to have a minimum of 6 hours a day broadcast and listed on EPG, so clearly I misunderstood or there's some way to wiggle out of it. Maybe they bought some other service's history, so to speak, and got the legacy inheritance attached to it.

I've worked out what's happened. They've bought Country Music Entertainment's EPG position and space on the Manchester multiplex. Hence the full service Classic Hits MCR that's now on the old Ch91 position.

Earthx TV launches on Ch 79 at 7pm on 25th August. It's apparently taking the remaining COM6 slot.

I can't see this lasting long. A least it's something different.

Seems to have done a deal with Now Music. Now90s now is now on Ch87.

Also Celebration TV has appeared on channel 275 being carred on SDN aka COM4.

cheekyangus 24-08-2022 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36132242)
Also Celebration TV has appeared on channel 275 being carred on SDN aka COM4.

Wouldn't be surprised is Arise News Ch269 disappears, it's dropped of Sky again.
https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/arise-news-drops-off-sky

cheekyangus 29-08-2022 16:38

​Talking Pictures TV is launching a Connected Red Button service on 1st September on Freeview.

Thanks to Kevin1960 on Digital Spy for the heads-up.

A look on their website and there's already a FAQ.

It's not an App as such, it's a Portal version of their current catch-up service on their website.

FAQ --> https://www.tptvencore.co.uk/faq/red-button-faqs

ozsat 29-08-2022 17:49

I did read it would be a part of Freeview Play too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36132757)
​Talking Pictures TV is launching a Connected Red Button service on 1st September on Freeview.

It's not an App as such, it's a Portal version of their current catch-up service on their website.

cheekyangus 29-08-2022 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 36132771)
I did read it would be a part of Freeview Play too.

"How can I tell if my device is compatible with the service?
If the device is connected to the internet and the red ‘Encore’ logo appears on channel 82 then you can connect. Unfortunately, some older TVs can connect to the internet but don’t run the right technology to be compatible. If you are a real tech guru then you need to find out if your TV is HbbTV compatible, which is the technology used to launch the service. Also, some TVs come with a sticker that says “Freeview Play Ready”, which means it is definitely able to connect to Encore."

A simple way of telling whether it will work by whether it's new enough to have the Play branding.

Saves confusing people with tech jargon unnecessarily. Other TVs will support it, it's just more difficult to convey it.

ozsat 01-09-2022 17:20

The picture quality of this service is really good. Worth waiting for it to appear here rather than watching a recording.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36132757)

cheekyangus 01-09-2022 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 36132960)
The picture quality of this service is really good. Worth waiting for it to appear here rather than watching a recording.

Good to hear. :)

cheekyangus 06-09-2022 16:55

CBeebies HD and BBC4 HD are back on Freeview according to a516digital (Twitter, used to run what became RXTV) and RXTV. Not had a chance to see for myself.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/bbc-four-h...ed-on-freeview

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

NHK World Japan is now available on Freeview via the Channelbox portal Ch271.
https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/nhk-world-...ugh-channelbox

It's far from just a News channel, lots of interesting stuff.

Tinky 12-09-2022 11:55

Is the programme 'Spotlight' still available, my friend loves Country and Western music?

ozsat 12-09-2022 19:43

Spotlight is a part of Channelbox on Freeview 271 using a connected TV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36134023)
Is the programme 'Spotlight' still available, my friend loves Country and Western music?

Tinky 13-09-2022 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 36134047)
Spotlight is a part of Channelbox on Freeview 271 using a connected TV.

Thanks for that Ozat, I watched a programme (I think it was BBC 2 TV) called Spotlight yesterday, but it was not Country and Western, perhaps there are two different progs called the same. :shrug:

Media Boy UK 13-09-2022 15:27

ITV has confirmed that ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, ITVBe and CITV is to drop all programming from 6am to midnight and simulcast with ITV on Monday.

https://www.tvzoneuk.com/post/queensfuneral-itvplansann

RXTV has reveal nothing will happen on Freeview this week.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/on-hold-ho...s-tv-platforms

Media Boy UK 18-09-2022 11:13

UK Radio Portal to launch on Freeview Channel 277 on Wednesday.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2022...h-on-freeview/

Media Boy UK 18-09-2022 18:12

The following channels will broadcast a Queen Funeral or will be off air for some time tomorrow (times very - As seen on Virgin) also if any ch. listed on a following posts have a +1 Ch. is will be shown a hour later:

BBC 1*
BBC 2*
ITV
STV
UTV
S4C
ITV2***
ITV3***
ITV4***
ITVBe***
Sky Arts**
Pick**
Challenge**
BBC NEWS
Sky News
GB News
BBC Parliament*
Talk TV HD
CITV***
QVC^^
QVC Beauty^^
QVC Style^^
Ideal World
Create & Craft^^
Gems TV^^
TJC^^
RTÉ One (Northern Ireland only)
BBC Red Button 1 (With no Commentary)

*As BBC News
**As Sky News
***As ITV
^^Channels has confirmed that they will be offair for some time on Monday.