Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Police to get tough on internet trolls. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33703445)

OLD BOY 14-11-2018 18:38

Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35970699)

No. Go back and read what I said properly.[COLOR="Silver"]

I did, actually. You explained that people could choose whether to get special treatment. So how are we to know those who do if they are not labelled?

It must be a simple question for you to answer, given that comment. How do we know?

RichardCoulter 14-11-2018 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35970709)
Perhaps because I don't get on my high horse at any perceived slight, real or imaginary. I have never received any abuse from members here related to my sexuality. Maybe because I don't push the agenda there is live and let live.

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

I'm pleased to hear this, but it's disappointing that you prefer to walk away from discrimination. If others had of felt the same years ago, your life would be very different today.

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:40 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35970713)
I did, actually. You explained that people could choose whether to get special treatment. So how are we to know those who do if they are not labelled?

It must be a simple question for you to answer, given that comment. How do we know?

This has already been answered.

Russ 14-11-2018 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35970706)

You already have that right and this will not change. If you feel that you don't need or want any help, you aren't obliged to take it.

However, just because you believe that you don't need any help, doesn't mean that others in a similar situation should be denied it.

I'm guilty of beating about the bush so let me direct.

I consider you ignorant and arrogant for deciding that I need ANY kind of protection. Rather than looking at people as individuals you're deciding people need protecting because of them being in a 'group'.

Seriously, get down off your high horse. Don't go declaring problems where there aren't any.

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35970714)

Not rationally it hasn't.

OLD BOY 14-11-2018 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35970714)
I'm pleased to hear this, but it's disappointing that you prefer to walk away from discrimination. If others had of felt the same years ago, your life would be very different today.

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:40 ----------

Except that it hasn't.

If I tell CF that I am vulnerable because I have learning difficulties and sometimes I cry when people disagree with me, what does the forum do to alert users to this fact?

If they don't label that person, what do they do? It's a fair question, surely.

Hugh 14-11-2018 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35970706)
There isn't a clear cut answer. Sensible arrangements would need to be made to ensure that the disabled person has their needs met, whilst ensuring that young children aren't exposed to obscene language.

How would you manage the situation?

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:31 ----------

You already have that right and this will not change. If you feel that you don't need or want any help, you aren't obliged to take it.

However, just because you believe that you don't need any help, doesn't mean that others in a similar situation should be denied it.

I wouldn’t, because it’s an unmanageable scenario - people with Tourette’s can’t control if/when they may utter obscenities, on-line gaming is millisecond critical, so delays cannot be introduced without ruining the game, so the only option is to allow people with Tourette’s to play without microphones, so as not to allow the possibility of children hearing obscenities.

Remember, it’s all about reasonable accommodations in order to avoid a disabled person being placed at a “substantial disadvantage” compared with non-disabled people when accessing these services and facilities, not blanket responses, and the Game Server providers have a duty of care to the children.

It is about what is practical in the service provider’s situation and they will not be required to make adjustments that are not reasonable because they are unaffordable or impractical.

RichardCoulter 15-11-2018 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35970764)
I wouldn’t, because it’s an unmanageable scenario - people with Tourette’s can’t control if/when they may utter obscenities, on-line gaming is millisecond critical, so delays cannot be introduced without ruining the game, so the only option is to allow people with Tourette’s to play without microphones, so as not to allow the possibility of children hearing obscenities.

Remember, it’s all about reasonable accommodations in order to avoid a disabled person being placed at a “substantial disadvantage” compared with non-disabled people when accessing these services and facilities, not blanket responses, and the Game Server providers have a duty of care to the children.

It is about what is practical in the service provider’s situation and they will not be required to make adjustments that are not reasonable because they are unaffordable or impractical.

There are a number of ways that this could be managed, the option put forward by yourself seems perfectly reasonable.

---------- Post added at 12:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35970718)
I'm guilty of beating about the bush so let me direct.

I consider you ignorant and arrogant for deciding that I need ANY kind of protection. Rather than looking at people as individuals you're deciding people need protecting because of them being in a 'group'.

Seriously, get down off your high horse. Don't go declaring problems where there aren't any.

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Not rationally it hasn't.

There are numerous problems on the internet for disadvantaged and vulnerable people which need addressing. For example, children are groomed by paedophiles, more and more people are being scammed, people with fragile mental health are being encouraged to take their own lives or bullied into it etc etc.

If you don't believe that your disabilities put you at a disadvantage or make you more vulnerable than others in the same position, it's your right to do so. However, your diagnosed disabilities will affect you.

I do agree that disabled people are individuals and should be treated as such, in fact the legislation currently in place does take this into account. There is no one size fits all solution.

Russ 15-11-2018 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35970903)
However, your diagnosed disabilities will affect you.

Tell me how.

RichardCoulter 15-11-2018 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35970722)
Except that it hasn't.

If I tell CF that I am vulnerable because I have learning difficulties and sometimes I cry when people disagree with me, what does the forum do to alert users to this fact?

If they don't label that person, what do they do? It's a fair question, surely.

No site would label the individuals, that would be wholly innapropriate for obvious reasons. However, if it is known that a disabled person (or any other person classed as vulnerable/disadvantaged) has particular needs, reasonable adjustments should be put in place.

This may come to light from:

- Self definition e.g. a man may mention that he has a male partner without expecting homophobic treatment.

- A person who has dementia might decide to make this known to explain their circumstances and should expect people to be kind & understanding as opposed to being bullied because they keep forgetting things.

- A black member may decide to upload their photograph and shouldn't be subject to racism.

- A woman should not have to put up with sexist comments.

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35970906)
Tell me how.

Aspergers and ADHD will affect you as you have been diagnosed with these conditions by a medically trained professional.

There are common problems caused by these conditions, but this will obviously vary from person to person. I won't patronise you by going into the details as i'm sure you're already aware of them.

You are a perfect example of someone who has chosen to declare that they have a disability and shouldn't be treated badly as a result of your circumstances.

Russ 15-11-2018 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35970912)
I won't patronise you by going into the details as i'm sure you're already aware of them.

Well that ship has long since sailed....as in...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35970912)
You are a perfect example of someone who has chosen to declare that they have a disability and shouldn't be treated badly as a result of your circumstances.

Anyway, how do you decide who in these groups wants/needs 'protecting'? Do you just assume?

RichardCoulter 17-11-2018 21:45

Prince William now getting involved in the issue:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/prince...8-11?r=US&IR=T

Maggy 18-11-2018 08:52

That link is no use to me as an ad blocker user.

OLD BOY 18-11-2018 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35971271)
That link is no use to me as an ad blocker user.

Here is the text of this story. There's nothing really to disagree with here, but Richard's support for the type of legislation he has proposed is not practical at all. The idea that certain people require users of a site to treat them differently would not work without knowing who they were, and yet he correctly says that he wouldn't support 'labelling'.

Prince William launches unprecedented attack on tech giants: 'They seem unable to engage in constructive discussion about the social problems they are creating'

The Duke of Cambridge Prince William criticised big tech for failing to deal with problems like cyberbullying and hate-speech profligating on their platforms in a speech at the BBC, the Telegraph reports.The Duke heads up an anti-cyberbullying taskforce, and has dealt with companies including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, Apple, and Google, but has found their response to the problems at hand frustrating."The noise of shareholders, bottom lines, and profits is distracting them from the values that made them so successful in the first place," the Prince said.

Prince William rebuked big tech firms for failing to adequately respond to problems on their platforms like cyberbullying and hate-speech, the Telegraph reports.

In a speech at the BBC ahead of the launch of its KOW app, designed to prevent children from sending or receiving troubling material on their devices, William accused the tech industry of failing to live up to its responsibilities.

The Prince has been leading a taskforce to combat cyberbullying, but said he has found tech companies including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Youtube, Apple and Google, unwilling to fully cooperate.

"What I found very quickly though was that the sector did not want to own this issue," he said.

"I heard doubts being cast about the scale of the problem. I was told that companies were already doing plenty and just needed more credit for it. I saw denials issued about the prevalence of young children on some of our most popular platforms. And crucially I heard over and over again that a collective approach – across the industry, with charity partners, ISPs, researchers, and parents – just wouldn't work," the Prince added.

He said that he is "worried though that our technology companies still have a great deal to learn about the responsibilities that come with their significant power," saying that on the issues of fake news, extremism, polarisation, hate speech, trolling, mental health, privacy, and bullying, "our tech leaders seem to be on the back foot."

He suggested that tech companies' self-image is muddying their perception of the problems at hand. "Their self-image is so grounded in their positive power for good that they seem unable to engage in constructive discussion about the social problems they are creating," he said.

The drive towards profit, he said, also poses a problem. "The noise of shareholders, bottom lines, and profits is distracting them from the values that made them so successful in the first place."

The Prince said that he, like many, had been optimistic ad the advent of social media. But he spelled out the concerns about the real-world harm these platforms have been seen to facilitate. "We have seen that the technology that can allow you to develop an online community around a shared hobby or interest can also be used to organise violence," he said.

"The tools that we use to congratulate each other on milestones and successes can also be used to normalise speech that is filled with bile and hate," he added.

He criticised big tech for being, "resigned to a posture with governments and regulators that will be defined by conflict and discord," and urged them to see, "It does not have to be this way."

Business Insider has contacted Twitter, Snapchat, Apple, and Google for comment. Facebook declined to comment.

Maggy 18-11-2018 11:58

Thank you. :D

RichardCoulter 03-12-2018 20:30

Ofcom have a reputation of being a toothless tiger so far as TV/Radio regulation is concerned. However, if they are successful in running the UK scheme to deal with internet abuse, it appears that they will be a lot stricter where 'Protected Characteristics' are concerned.

An LBC presenter made a joke about a blind man using a guide horse instead of a guide dog. It wasn't a very good joke, but I didn't find it offensive (there again, i'm not severely sight impaired).

Ofcom are to force Global (the owner of LBC) to employ another person in the studio whenever this presenter is on air to ensure compliance of their standards. If anything similar happens again, more formal and severe sanctions will be imposed, which could ultimately lead to huge fines or having their licence to broadcast revoked.

Hugh 03-12-2018 21:01

The full story here

Paul 03-12-2018 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ofcom
Mr Allen seemed to be implying that people who are blind cannot differentiate between a
rabbit and a dog, and that this remark could have been interpreted as belittling blind people and offering a highly pejorative view of them.

So they are basically saying blind people are so dumb they cannot actually figure out this was just a wisecrack ?

Obviously ofcom are run by idiots.

Onramp 04-12-2018 07:18

I think what they're actually saying (though they're taking the long way around) is that only Marxism is going to be allowed in British broadcasting, and only globalism and centralisation of political and economic power is to be considered inoffensive. Everything else will most likely eventually be (something)-ist, and therefore off-limits.

Even this very comment, will eventually be seen as too offensive to be allowed in a forum post, despite no offense being intended and nobody being discriminated against.

Hugh 04-12-2018 07:37

Probably not...

techguyone 04-12-2018 09:31

Death of comedy then as that's pretty much based on mild offending of someone.

denphone 04-12-2018 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by techguyone (Post 35973664)

Decent comedy disappeared a long time ago once the PC brigade started to get their way..

Carth 04-12-2018 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by techguyone (Post 35973664)

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35973666)
Decent comedy disappeared a long time ago once the PC brigade started to get their way..

Sadly that's the nail hit firmly on the head (am I allowed to say that? )

Chickens will no longer try to cross the road

Never again will a man walk into a bar

You'll never see an Englishman, Irishman and Scotsman in the same room

The Mother-in-Law will now be elevated to a position of a God like creature . . oh hang on, that's going too far :D

Hugh 04-12-2018 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35973666)

If you substitute ‘PC’ with ‘treating others with respect’, it changes your view, I find.

For instance, "It’s treating others with respect gone mad, I tell you!", doesn’t quite have the same ring to it... ;)

Whilst there are a few outliers that are just plain silly, the fact that we cannot, with impunity, be openly derogatory to minorities, women, and those with disabilities seems a good thing to me.

YMMV.

denphone 04-12-2018 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35973672)
If you substitute ‘PC’ with ‘treating others with respect’, it changes your view, I find.

For instance, "It’s treating others with respect gone mad, I tell you!", doesn’t quite have the same ring to it... ;)

Whilst there are a few outliers that are just plain silly, the fact that we cannot, with impunity, be openly derogatory to minorities, women, and those with disabilities seems a good thing to me.

YMMV.

l know what you mean Hugh as l do understand certain things cannot be said but political correctness has gone way too OTT these days IMO.

Hugh 04-12-2018 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35973683)
l know what you mean Hugh as l do understand certain things cannot be said but political correctness has gone way too OTT these days IMO.

Should not be, not cannot be...

A few examples of stupid excess does not make the principle wrong - it’s like anti-vaxxers using the one in a million issue with vaccinations to try and show that all vaccines are bad.

Maggy 04-12-2018 12:16

An example of how it should work..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsqInns6LXQ

TheDaddy 04-12-2018 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35973717)

Of course it helps to have a disability when making jokes about other disabled people.

I listened to the show on the day in question and it really was tame, speaks volumes given the size of his audience only one person complained, wouldn't mind betting offence wasn't the driving factor behind their complaint either

Paul 04-12-2018 13:59

Quote:

Of course changing the text changes its meaning, that doesnt make what you change it too valid though ;)

RichardCoulter 08-12-2018 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35973620)
The full story here

Sadly, it didn't work out in the end!

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/17/brita...o-big-8147056/

---------- Post added at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 13:02 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35973717)

I love Lost Voice Guy, things like this do a great deal in counteracting misunderstanding and discrimination towards disabled people.

RichardCoulter 11-12-2018 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35973616)
Ofcom have a reputation of being a toothless tiger so far as TV/Radio regulation is concerned. However, if they are successful in running the UK scheme to deal with internet abuse, it appears that they will be a lot stricter where 'Protected Characteristics' are concerned.

An LBC presenter made a joke about a blind man using a guide horse instead of a guide dog. It wasn't a very good joke, but I didn't find it offensive (there again, i'm not severely sight impaired).

Ofcom are to force Global (the owner of LBC) to employ another person in the studio whenever this presenter is on air to ensure compliance of their standards. If anything similar happens again, more formal and severe sanctions will be imposed, which could ultimately lead to huge fines or having their licence to broadcast revoked.

Following the Ofcom ruling, Saleem (the blind man referred to by Steve Allen) expected him or LBC to get in contact with him to apologise for the remarks or to ask him how he's doing at the very least. This was not forthcoming, so he has now confirmed that legal advice is being taken with a view to taking action on the grounds of disability discrimination. He does not accept that having a certain radio technique or style should be an excuse for disability discrimination.

In response, Steve Allen has stated that he was aware that his comments had the capacity to cause offence, but that it "was not his intention to treat the blind community with insensitivity".

It was a listener to the show who complained to Ofcom, not Saleem (or myself).

It just goes to show that an apology goes a long way, but it appears that Mr Allen finds this to be beneath him.

Paul 11-12-2018 22:14

Good.

Its about time someone stopped "apologising" everytime some other snowflake decides to be "offended".

Its a shame some of these weak companies dont start telling people where to go with some of the ridiculous claims being made about their products, displays etc.

RichardCoulter 11-12-2018 22:50

Well, it looks like an impartial and independent third party (the courts) will now be deciding whether his remarks about blind people were appropriate or not.

I wonder if Global Radio will be 'encouraging' Allen to make a belated apology as a form of damage limitation? This might also go some way to appeasing Ofcom.

In my experience of such matters, it's usually low level frontline staff who deal with complaints about discrimination in a wholly innapropriate manner. Even when the consequences are spelt out to them, they often dig their heels in e.g. refusing to acknowledge that they have acted unlawfully, refusing to apologise or sort things out properly etc.

It's only after the matter is referred to the legal bods (who will only deal with management) that things are eventually sorted out properly. As part of any settlement, I usually insist that the relevant staff receive appropriate (re)training to ensure that the areas of weakness that have been identified don't reoccur.

Russ 12-12-2018 17:38

About time someone took the right stand against supposed "safe spaces":

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46541002

RichardCoulter 12-12-2018 18:23

They had every right to lay out what was expected of him and he had every right to pull out of doing the show.

It looks like they've retracted now, so, despite the risk of losing the gig, his stance did make a difference.

Russ 12-12-2018 18:27

Common sense prevails. We need more of it.

peanut 12-12-2018 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35975049)
They had every right to lay out what was expected of him and he had every right to pull out of doing the show.

It looks like they've retracted now, so, despite the risk of losing the gig, his stance did make a difference.

Having the right doesn't make it right, just sad. Sad to what it's become. Those people that take offence with comedy really need to get a life.

pip08456 12-12-2018 18:43

I suppose this is now viewed as objectionable, discriminatory or whatever in our increasingly PC world.

It is an increasingly sad world we are living in with everyone taking offence.

Hugh 12-12-2018 19:01

Probably not...

Angua 12-12-2018 19:32

Quote:

YMMV.

PC seems to fall into the same category as all the H&S OTT claims, many of which seem to be down to badly trained H&S officers over thinking the rules.

pip08456 12-12-2018 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angua (Post 35975069)
PC seems to fall into the same category as all the H&S OTT claims, many of which seem to be down to badly trained H&S officers over thinking the rules.

You really mean a lack of common sense don't you?

Hugh 12-12-2018 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35975078)
You really mean a lack of common sense don't you?

I think you may have hit the nail on the head there...

Carth 13-12-2018 12:41

Those nails are taking a bit of a hammering lately, someone should start a petition to ensure it doesn't become widespread :D

Hugh 13-12-2018 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 35975238)
Those nails are taking a bit of a hammering lately, someone should start a petition to ensure it doesn't become widespread :D

Wouldn't do that - it might upset someone... :D

RichardCoulter 15-12-2018 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 35975055)
Having the right doesn't make it right, just sad. Sad to what it's become. Those people that take offence with comedy really need to get a life.

It does if you found it offensive as opposed to amusing. Whether a joke is considered to be amusing or offensive is ultimately decided by the recipient(s) of it.

The world has changed and Allen has to either adapt or face the consequences. For balance, he isn't the only older man that has found this to be difficult over the course of history. People get used to how things are for many years and find it confusing and irritating when they get pulled up for something once considered mainstream and routine.

In years to come, young people of today will be doing/saying something without even thinking about it, but I can guarantee that when they are Steve Allen's age they will find that society disapproves of the thing that they are doing today.

TheDaddy 15-12-2018 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35975518)
It does if you found it offensive as opposed to amusing. Whether a joke is considered to be amusing or offensive is ultimately decided by the recipient(s) of it.

The world has changed and Allen has to either adapt or face the consequences. For balance, he isn't the only older man that has found this to be difficult over the course of history. People get used to how things are for many years and find it confusing and irritating when they get pulled up for something once considered mainstream and routine.

In years to come, young people of today will be doing/saying something without even thinking about it, but I can guarantee that when they are Steve Allen's age they will find that society disapproves of the thing that they are doing today.

It must be hard being as self righteous as you. What ever happened to just switching it of if something is annoying, now it's all about hurt feelings, funny how money always makes it better though and it wasn't the recipient who complained, he knew nothing about it until someone told him later, then for some bizarre reason thought they were going to phone him, how they'd get his number is beyond me but now the lawyers are involved it's safe to assume money will make his poor hurt feelings go away to and we'll all still be in limbo as to how he was going to get the guide horse in the lift or on the bus, just not good enough.

I'd bet the origional complainant isn't blind either for the record.

ianch99 16-12-2018 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 35975055)

There are some exceptions to this. There is a line, we are just discussing where the line is.

RichardCoulter 06-01-2019 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35975558)
It must be hard being as self righteous as you. What ever happened to just switching it of if something is annoying, now it's all about hurt feelings, funny how money always makes it better though and it wasn't the recipient who complained, he knew nothing about it until someone told him later, then for some bizarre reason thought they were going to phone him, how they'd get his number is beyond me but now the lawyers are involved it's safe to assume money will make his poor hurt feelings go away to and we'll all still be in limbo as to how he was going to get the guide horse in the lift or on the bus, just not good enough.

I'd bet the origional complainant isn't blind either for the record.

This is a typical example of the arrogance and contempt that some non disabled people think is acceptable to treat disabled people. It's really upsetting to see time and time again that it takes something happening to either themselves or their loved ones to alter their attitude.

And don't think that this sort of thing only happens to other people. Someone, somewhere will go to bed tonight as they have countless times before and will have a stroke whilst they sleep. They may wake up unable to see, speak or walk ever again. This could be you and I bet you wouldn't find it funny if others found it amusing and objected when made to stop.

50% of us will get cancer, would you like to have a laugh at their expense whilst your at it?

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 35975559)
There are some exceptions to this. There is a line, we are just discussing where the line is.

Exactly. I would also add that it's not the people making jokes that get to decide if something is acceptable or not, but the recipients.

Most jokes are at the expense of someone else's mistake or misfortune,. If someone in that position wishes to make light out of it as a coping strategy etc (like Lost Voice Guy), it's their right to do so, but it wouldn't be appropriate for other comedians to mock him.

Russ 06-01-2019 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35978029)
This is a typical example of the arrogance and contempt that some non disabled people think is acceptable to treat disabled people. It's really upsetting to see time and time again that it takes something happening to either themselves or their loved ones to alter their attitude.

And don't think that this sort of thing only happens to other people. Someone, somewhere will go to bed tonight as they have countless times before and will have a stroke whilst they sleep. They may wake up unable to see, speak or walk ever again. This could be you and I bet you wouldn't find it funny if others found it amusing and objected when made to stop.

50% of us will get cancer, would you like to have a laugh at their expense whilst your at it?

Yeah I disagree with him on a lot of things but I’m pretty certain his comments are based on things about you other than your disability. Just hazarding a guess of course.

And last time I checked cancer isn’t a disability. Very low blow from you.

RichardCoulter 06-01-2019 15:20

Just been on Radio 4 that facebook are complaining that their profits are being reduced because they have had to take on an extra 15,000 moderators. I say it's tough, they have made enough money off the backs of various groups for long enough.

---------- Post added at 15:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35978033)
Yeah I disagree with him on a lot of things but I’m pretty certain his comments are based on things about you other than your disability. Just hazarding a guess of course.

Could you enlighten me Russ, because of my own disability I sometimes find it difficult to understand people who talk in riddles.

I can assure you that cancer is a disability, both legally and practically.

Russ 06-01-2019 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35978035)
Just been on Radio 4 that facebook are complaining that their profits are being reduced because they have had to take on an extra 15,000 moderators. I say it's tough, they have made enough money off the backs of various groups for long enough.

---------- Post added at 15:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

Could you enlighten me Russ, because of my own disability I sometimes find it difficult to understand people who talk in riddles.

I can assure you that cancer is a disability, both legally and practically.

Really? My father wasn’t disabled when cancer took him. Tone down the self righteous attitude and we might start taking you seriously.

RichardCoulter 06-01-2019 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35978037)
Really? My father wasn’t disabled when cancer took him. Tone down the self righteous attitude and we might start taking you seriously.

Legally he was.

I'm not actually being self righteous; this is probably the effects of your autistic condition. It's very usual for person's with this condition to get hold of the wrong end of the stick (and the other way round).

Are you able to explain what you think 'The Daddy' is trying to say? It's ok if not, this is an area where my disability affects me.

Russ 06-01-2019 15:42

You really need to know where to draw the line.

RichardCoulter 06-01-2019 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35978040)
You really need to know where to draw the line.

We are clearly going nowhere with this, so let's leave it at that :)

Russ 06-01-2019 15:51

Yeah just go back to claiming anyone criticising you is clearly only doing it because you’re disabled.

Hugh 06-01-2019 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35978039)
Legally he was.

I'm not actually being self righteous; this is probably the effects of your autistic condition. It's very usual for person's with this condition to get hold of the wrong end of the stick (and the other way round).

Are you able to explain what you think 'The Daddy' is trying to say? It's ok if not, this is an area where my disability affects me.

Richard, it is not just Russ who thinks you are self-righteous...

Your posting style has changed very little since you made CF'ers aware you had medical issues - you come across as arrogant, become abrasive when challenged (sometimes with thinly veiled threats of legal action), and often escalate things.

This is nothing new, so using your medical issues is actually a smokescreen, imho.

Paul 06-01-2019 16:06

Quote:

Legally he was.

Well we all know your obsession with everything "legal".

Quote:

Seriously ?
After all your preaching, you're "blaming" his views on his "autistic condition".

You are just unbelieveable. :dunce:

Russ 06-01-2019 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35978045)

Your posting style has changed very little since you made CF'ers aware you had medical issues - you come across as arrogant, become abrasive when challenged (sometimes with thinly veiled threats of legal action), and often escalate things.

This is nothing new, so using your medical issues is actually a smokescreen, imho.

:clap:

2019 is barely a week old and already we have post of the year.

GrimUpNorth 06-01-2019 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35978045)

Not normally thin or veiled. Just repetitive and lacking in action.

TheDaddy 07-01-2019 02:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35978029)

My other half has cancer, she deals with it day by day often with humour and she certainly wouldn't want the likes of you sticking up for her or more likely using her condition as a cheap point scoring exercise

---------- Post added at 02:11 ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35978033)

We agree on a lot Russ, except football of course

---------- Post added at 02:11 ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35978046)
Well we all know your obsession with everything "legal".

Seriously ?
After all your preaching, you're "blaming" his views on his "autistic condition".

You are just unbelieveable. :dunce:

QFT

Mick 07-01-2019 08:32

We’ve more than said our piece in here. So now back on topic.

RichardCoulter 07-01-2019 18:00

Thanks Mick.

Facebook are complaining that their profits have been affected because they have had to take on 15,000 extra moderators. I say tough as they've made enough money off the backs of vulnerable people up until this new initiative to properly deal with internet bullies, trolls etc.

I know of a wheelchair user who was relentlessly abused and insulted on this platform in the past who is taking things further, which I fully support.

mrmistoffelees 07-01-2019 18:04

Link to complaint re facebook profits being affected ?

RichardCoulter 07-01-2019 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees (Post 35978213)
Link to complaint re facebook profits being affected ?

This was stated verbally on the BBC yesterday.

mrmistoffelees 07-01-2019 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35978215)

By who? in what context ?

RichardCoulter 07-01-2019 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees (Post 35978216)
By who? in what context ?

Not sure who said it. I was in a bad way yesterday, so spent the day drifting in and out of consciousness laid on the sofa with the TV on. It was tuned to the BBC News channel, so that's how I know it was said on the BBC. There might be something on the internet if you want to research this.

Edit: Found this:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...modus-operandi

Hugh 07-01-2019 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35978215)

Which programme, please?

RichardCoulter 07-01-2019 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35978219)
Which programme, please?

Haven't got a clue, for the reasons described.

Russ 07-01-2019 19:03

You do realise that normal etiquette on a forum is to cite sources when coming out with something like that?

Hugh 07-01-2019 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35978220)
Haven't got a clue, for the reasons described. Though, of course, according to you perhaps I imagined going in and out of consciousness as part of some sort of smokescreen.

No, just curious, as I could find nothing recent on the BBC’s News, Tech, or Economy websites, and it’s a fairly major impact on Social Media sites, as where FB leads, others follows...

For instance, there was an BBC article in May last year about hiring 15,000 staff to work in the community safety area, but around 7,500 would be involved in content moderation, with the rest being engineers, data analysts, and other related jobs (with a target of 20,000 staff being involved in the community safety area).

Sounds good, but FB has around 1.5 billion users interacting with it every day, Instagram has around a billion per day,

RichardCoulter 22-01-2019 16:52

Whatever people's views on the way that Katie Price conducts her personal life, she has been doing some marvellous work behind the scenes to put in place measures to protect disabled people (and others) from online abuse:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46951232

MP's have concluded that self regulation does not work (my own submitted evidence showed how it's more likely to be the disabled person that is labelled as a trouble causer, too thin skinned etc). The result is that it's more likely to be the disabled person who is driven off the site (which is often their only means of social interaction), than the perpetrators of the harrassment, discrimination etc.

MP's are now supporting calls to make innapropriate online comments (often thinly veiled, but purposely crafted to be as dehumanising, derogatory and degrading as possible) to the disabled a hate crime and a criminal offence. It is noted that much of what is written online by these cowards wouldn't dare be said verbally or face to face; 'keyboard warrior syndrome if you like. I assume that they still think that the internet is totally anonymous and that they can hide behind a username.

If would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who signed this petition, you really are helping to make a difference to the people whose already difficult lives are blighted by these vile individuals; thank you from the bottom of my heart.

OLD BOY 23-01-2019 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35980389)
Whatever people's views on the way that Katie Price conducts her personal life, she has been doing some marvellous work behind the scenes to put in place measures to protect disabled people (and others) from online abuse:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46951232

MP's have concluded that self regulation does not work (my own submitted evidence showed how it's more likely to be the disabled person that is labelled as a trouble causer, too thin skinned etc). The result is that it's more likely to be the disabled person who is driven off the site (which is often their only means of social interaction), than the perpetrators of the harrassment, discrimination etc.

MP's are now supporting calls to make innapropriate online comments (often thinly veiled, but purposely crafted to be as dehumanising, derogatory and degrading as possible) to the disabled a hate crime and a criminal offence. It is noted that much of what is written online by these cowards wouldn't dare be said verbally or face to face; 'keyboard warrior syndrome if you like. I assume that they still think that the internet is totally anonymous and that they can hide behind a username.

If would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who signed this petition, you really are helping to make a difference to the people whose already difficult lives are blighted by these vile individuals; thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Actress Samantha Renke, who has brittle bone disease, said she received social media messages calling her "vile" and saying "real humans walk on two legs".

I agree that direct abuse such as this should not be permitted. As long as any legislation is carefully worded to ensure that only those who deliberately targeted a disabled person in this way were prosecuted, I would support that.

What I would not support is people complaining of 'hurt feelings' over normal discourse.

RichardCoulter 23-01-2019 14:36

The trouble is that most of these types of people are savvy enough not to directly bring the subject of disability into their harrassment.

It's also generally regarded as socially unacceptable to openly insult and belittle disabled people (and other groups), so they tend to try and claim either that their behaviour is the normal way that they speak to people or that it's down to a personal dislike and nothing to do with their protected group status. The courts are well aware of this tactic and various tests have been used to demonstrate that the underlying cause of their behaviour is indeed disability discrimination.

This is not to say that there can never be any disagreement with someone from a protected group, as long as their circumstances are fully taken into consideration. For example, I doubt any right thinking person would pursue a political argument as someone lay in bed dying of a terminal illness. To do so would constitute harrassment, as would someone repeatedly criticising someone for something that they could not help e.g. stuttering during verbal communication or for the way that they express themselves in the written word.

Hugh 23-01-2019 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35980493)
The trouble is that most of these types of people are savvy enough not to directly bring the subject of disability into their harrassment.

It's also generally regarded as socially unacceptable to openly insult and belittle disabled people (and other groups), so they tend to try and claim either that their behaviour is the normal way that they speak to people or that it's down to a personal dislike and nothing to do with their protected group status. The courts are well aware of this tactic and various tests have been used to demonstrate that the underlying cause of their behaviour is indeed disability discrimination.

This is not to say that there can never be any disagreement with someone from a protected group, as long as their circumstances are fully taken into consideration. For example, I doubt any right thinking person would pursue a political argument as someone lay in bed dying of a terminal illness. To do so would constitute harrassment, as would someone repeatedly criticising someone for something that they could not help e.g. stuttering during verbal communication or for the way that they express themselves in the written word.

So are you trying to say that if someone in bed dying of a terminal illness utters racist, sexist, and other offensive phrases, it should be illegal to disagree with them?

RichardCoulter 23-01-2019 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35980499)
So are you trying to say that if someone in bed dying of a terminal illness utters racist, sexist, and other offensive phrases, it should be illegal to disagree with them?

Well, extremities can and do happen. I'd say yes as the process of knowing you are going to die must be extremely difficult to cope with mentally. In addition, they may be exhausted, in pain or hallucinating both audibly and visually and not know what they are saying.

In short, as someone is dying they should be cut a bit of slack as it wouldn't be the time or the place to enter into a political discussion!!

There have been cases where people in pain (not terminally ill) who have sworn and uttered racist comments. To their credit, the black members of staff remained professional and courteous throughout. Their wish to be professional at all times overrode any personal feelings and, after all, they couldn't be sure their patient wasn't also suffering from a psychotic illness or had something like Tourettes syndrome.

Carth 23-01-2019 16:42

I sometimes suffer from a random form of Tourettes syndrome, admittedly usually brought on by the stupidity of others though ;)

RichardCoulter 31-01-2019 12:56

The BBC News channel is reporting that MP's have now called for site owners to have a legal duty for the health & wellbeing of their users (presumably this will be above and beyond any existing 'duty of care' requirements).

The commons Science & Technology Committee also added their support for a regulator to oversee interactive sites.

The Government have responded by saying that they are considering this amongst other options.

heero_yuy 31-01-2019 13:15

A regulator to oversee foreign sites hosted on foreign servers by foreign companies beyond UK jurisdiction?

One can really see that working. :rolleyes:

RichardCoulter 31-01-2019 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35981404)
A regulator to oversee foreign sites hosted on foreign servers by foreign companies beyond UK jurisdiction?

One can really see that working. :rolleyes:

Not sure how it would work, perhaps they will proscribe & block websites that don't comply??

heero_yuy 31-01-2019 14:59

Can't be done with current technology. For example TPB* is supposed to be inaccesable through any UK ISP by court injunction over 3 years ago yet it takes just a few seconds to waltz round the blocks. That's before you use a VPN. You can bet if I can do it your average 7 year old probably knows many more ways.

This is why they just talk about it and don't actually try anything legal because they'll be shown to be totally impotent.

*The Pirate Bay

mrmistoffelees 31-01-2019 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35981416)
Can't be done with current technology. For example TPB* is supposed to be inaccesable through any UK ISP by court injunction over 3 years ago yet it takes just a few seconds to waltz round the blocks. That's before you use a VPN. You can bet if I can do it your average 7 year old probably knows many more ways.

This is why they just talk about it and don't actually try anything legal because they'll be shown to be totally impotent.

*The Pirate Bay

Unless they were going to wide scale and implement something like SSL decryption and use products like Cisco Umbrella/Netskope. Could attempt to force the ISP's to implement at carrier level

RichardCoulter 05-02-2019 13:05

Sites to be forced by law to sign a code of conduct to protect young & vulnerable people after being accused of acting as though they were above the law:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-suicides.html

Paul 06-02-2019 00:41

Quote:

... firms should not be allowed to blame users for the damaging content posted on social media sites
Why not ?

You are responsible for what you post, as is anyone else.

denphone 06-02-2019 05:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35982264)
Why not ?

Exactly as people know exactly what they are posting as we all do.

Russ 06-02-2019 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35982264)
Why not ?

This. So, so this :tu:

nomadking 06-02-2019 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35982171)
Sites to be forced by law to sign a code of conduct to protect young & vulnerable people after being accused of acting as though they were above the law:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-suicides.html

Why is it that the morons in the media fail to read and comprehend their own articles. If somebody goes looking for certain content, that cannot be the fault of "social media". The interest was before the looking. It is the mainstream media that advertises these things much more than anybody else, and that includes articles complaining about issues. Just look at the brainwashing and "grooming" that goes on in TV soaps.

There are so many things that as a kid never even occurred to me, as the media wasn't forcing their ideas on me or others.

Russ 06-02-2019 09:13

As someone with a recognised disability I want to make it clear than none of this crap is in MY name.

RichardCoulter 06-02-2019 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35982269)
Exactly as people know exactly what they are posting as we all do.

Damien made a very wise comment in a different thread yesterday, which if people took note of, would resolve a lot of problems with interaction on the net:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35982240)
Everyone calm down and stop taking pot-shots at each other.

This is closed for a bit to let everyone take a time out. Remember you're talking to actual people who you might well get on with if it wasn't for the anonymising nature of the internet.

Hugh 06-02-2019 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35982284)
Why is it that the morons in the media fail to read and comprehend their own articles. If somebody goes looking for certain content, that cannot be the fault of "social media". The interest was before the looking. It is the mainstream media that advertises these things much more than anybody else, and that includes articles complaining about issues. Just look at the brainwashing and "grooming" that goes on in TV soaps.

There are so many things that as a kid never even occurred to me, as the media wasn't forcing their ideas on me or others.

Actually, that's not how the algorithms work - if other people who looked at the (quite innocent) thing you are looking at then went on to look at stuff not so innocent, the social media will then suggest those other (not so innocent) things in your feed.

nomadking 06-02-2019 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35982297)
Actually, that's not how the algorithms work - if other people who looked at the (quite innocent) thing you are looking at then went on to look at stuff not so innocent, the social media will then suggest those other (not so innocent) things in your feed.

They are searching for specific things at some point. They don't take a scattergun approach and send everything to everybody.

A classic example of media hype actually being the thing highlighting something, is when the media produce articles on fashion runway models and how thin they are. More girls would be aware of that situation BECAUSE of those media reports. The more the media keep banging on about anorexia, self-harm, etc, the more people are likely to carry out those things. That concept is not lost on writers and producers, who are the REAL problem.

RichardCoulter 06-02-2019 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35982287)
As someone with a recognised disability I want to make it clear than none of this crap is in MY name.

So you think that efforts to stop children and other vulnerable members of society from being bullied to the point of suicide etc is "crap". Interesting.

Hugh 06-02-2019 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35982297)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35982302)
They are searching for specific things at some point. They don't take a scattergun approach and send everything to everybody.

A classic example of media hype actually being the thing highlighting something, is when the media produce articles on fashion runway models and how thin they are. More girls would be aware of that situation BECAUSE of those media reports. The more the media keep banging on about anorexia, self-harm, etc, the more people are likely to carry out those things. That concept is not lost on writers and producers, who are the REAL problem.

You don’t appear to understand what I wrote - "if other people who looked at the (quite innocent) thing you are looking at then went on to look at stuff not so innocent, the social media will then suggest those other (not so innocent) things in your feed.".

This is especially true if those people are in your social media circle (if they are "friends" or "friends of friends").

nomadking 06-02-2019 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35982333)
You don’t appear to understand what I wrote - "if other people who looked at the (quite innocent) thing you are looking at then went on to look at stuff not so innocent, the social media will then suggest those other (not so innocent) things in your feed.".

This is especially true if those people are in your social media circle (if they are "friends" or "friends of friends").

Even supposing that is what happens, to go further than an initial look takes an actual choice to view that and anything further.

The much bigger problem is the relentless brainwashing and grooming that the mainstream media does. That is mostly unsolicited.

Hugh 06-02-2019 18:27

No ‘supposing" about it - I was on the Google European CIO Group, and that is how they explained it.

nomadking 06-02-2019 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35982341)
No ‘supposing" about it - I was on the Google European CIO Group, and that is how they explained it.

The "supposing" refers to cases where they have received info that was completely unsolicited? How many are there, if any.

The fact remains that "to go further than an initial look takes an actual choice". They are not going to deluge you with info.

TV programmes that say at the end, "if you are affected by any of the issues, contact ..." are more to blame because they are unsolicited.

Hugh 06-02-2019 19:44

Yes, heaven forfend we should try to help and support those who may have issues...

Russ 07-02-2019 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35982325)
So you think that efforts to stop children and other vulnerable members of society from being bullied to the point of suicide etc is "crap". Interesting.

Picking/choosing words in and out of context - equally “interesting”.

peanut 07-02-2019 15:43

I'm with Russ on this too.

I think it's a sad state of affairs. Then you get sites even like this one where you can't really say what you want. Can't mention Trump, can't mention guns. When you stand back and look at how sad things are it is quite worrying just how further it's going to go. What a bunch of snowflakes. Pathetic.

RichardCoulter 07-02-2019 16:18

If nothing is done, it's our most vulnerable in society that will continue to suffer and even end up dead. This cannot be allowed to continue and it's good to see that internet sites are now to be made to behave responsibly or face the consequences of the law.

It's long overdue and the right of free speech must come secondary where it is in conflict with the rights of children, the elderly, the disabled etc to not be scammed, groomed, abused, upset etc by the minority of people who cannot behave responsibly on the internet.

The overwhelming number of people will not be affected by this initiative as it will be entirely irrelevant to them because they don't carry out the acts that's led to this becoming neccessary.

If you'd have seen some of the material that i've been shown that people with 'Protected characteristics' (and others) have been subject to, you'd understand.

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:15 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 35982436)
I'm with Russ on this too.

I think it's a sad state of affairs. Then you get sites even like this one where you can't really say what you want. Can't mention Trump, can't mention guns. When you stand back and look at how sad things are it is quite worrying just how further it's going to go. What a bunch of snowflakes. Pathetic.

Take a look at the photograph of this young lady:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47127208

Do you think that she was a "pathetic snowflake"? If so, perhaps you'd like to say this to her parents.

peanut 07-02-2019 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35982441)
If nothing is done, it's our most vulnerable in society that will continue to suffer and even end up dead. This cannot be allowed to continue and it's good to see that internet sites are now to be made to behave responsibly or face the consequences of the law.

It's long overdue and the right of free speech must come secondary where it is in conflict with the rights of children, the elderly, the disabled etc to not be scammed, groomed, abused, upset etc by the minority of people who cannot behave responsibly on the internet.

The overwhelming number of people will not be affected by this initiative as it will be entirely irrelevant to them because they don't carry out the acts that's led to this becoming neccessary.

If you'd have seen some of the material that i've been shown that people with 'Protected characteristics' (and others) have been subject to, you'd understand.

The problem I have is you must look for it. You did it with this forum asking to be treated as a special kind of person because of your illness/ disability. When things don't go your way you use it against others. It's like going on a site and saying please don't pick on me because I can't take it and I'll get offended. Well what do you think will happen? And when it does you seem to be in your element.

For the record, I'm disabled and I have suffer with mental health. Yet I'm no different to anyone else apart from you special kind of easily offended types that is.

Quote:

Take a look at the photograph of this young lady:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47127208

Do you think that she was a "pathetic snowflake"? If so, perhaps you'd like to say this to her parents.

You can't stop stupid nor can you stop social media. If you wrap people up in cotton wool too much then they've got no chance.

RichardCoulter 07-02-2019 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 35982443)
The problem I have is you must look for it. You did it with this forum asking to be treated as a special kind of person because of your illness/ disability. When things don't go your way you use it against others. It's like going on a site and saying please don't pick on me because I can't take it and I'll get offended. Well what do you think will happen? And when it does you seem to be in your element.

For the record, I'm disabled and I have suffer with mental health. Yet I'm no different to anyone else apart from you special kind of easily offended types that is.

Those that do this sort of thing will often deliberately look for people that they consider as weak, be it due to age, disability, mental llness/disability etc.

It isn't appropriate to start making this topic personal, however, your allegations are refuted. I have never asked to be treated as a "special kind of person" by any individual or organisation, merely that the law that a persons disability must be taken into consideration and that 'reasonable adjustments' should be made when appropriate.

If the law is not complied with and informal efforts to resolve matters prove to be fruitless (this is both sensible and a requirement of the courts), then legal action becomes the only option open to remedy matters.

In the vast majority if cases, it's down to thoughtlessness as opposed to malice. When people realise that they have upset somebody, they are horrified and amend their behaviour.

The rest (an even further minority) are subject to legal action in the hope that it will lead to an adjustment to their attitude. The cases where I have taken matters to court have either been settled (sometimes just before the hearing) or I have won. A proportion of the money received has been given to charity, for example, £3,500 was made available to CF members and an amount offered to help with the running costs of the site itself. The money isn't important to me as i'm lucky enough to be financially comfortable, it's changing attitudes towards the disabled that is the primary motivator.

If someone chooses to disclose their disability, often for practical reasons, and this is used like a red flag to a bull to certain individuals, then this new legislation will be a perfect solution.

Suggesting that those who defend themselves against abuse and innapropriate comments are "in their element" when they do so is a pretty dumb thing to say. Nobody would deliberately choose discord over harmony.

I accept that you may not want to use this new legislation if you start to suffer from harrassment, abuse etc (I suspect you haven't); you won't be compelled to use it if that is your decision.

Russ 07-02-2019 16:53

Quote:

I have. And I grew a pair instead of bleating “you’re only doing/saying that because I’m disabled”.

---------- Post added at 17:53 ---------- Previous post was at 17:51 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 35982443)

:clap: