Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Happy Thought Thread Part 4 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33664294)

MadGamer 21-12-2013 23:32

Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Got my new MacBook Pro being delivered Monday :D

denphone 22-12-2013 06:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadGamer (Post 35656836)
Got my new MacBook Pro being delivered Monday :D

Vey nice indeed MG.

peanut 22-12-2013 12:26

A battery operated xmas light decoration decided to leak battery acid (overnight) onto our 20+ year old solid tudor oak coffee table and made a right mess of it. The table itself at the time was about £300+ and we have a matching corner TV unit which was really expensive, both can not be replaced now.

The happy part is that we googled a french polisher in the local area (on a Sunday), and as luck has it he lives about 5 doors away from us which is really bizarre. So he came round, said he'll do it a couple of days after xmas, strip / sand the top down and redo it all for £45. So 20+ years of wear and tear (and 1 small burn) and the large acid burn will hopefully be sorted.

Well chuffed. But mainly a major panic situation is over.

denphone 22-12-2013 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35656902)
Car got us safely down to Cornwall after my work on the cylinder head, no problems. :)

Can now relax over the Christmas period.

l hope you have a lovely Christmas heero and here's a pint on me.:beer::)

tizmeinnit 22-12-2013 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 35656890)
A battery operated xmas light decoration decided to leak battery acid (overnight) onto our 20+ year old solid tudor oak coffee table and made a right mess of it. The table itself at the time was about £300+ and we have a matching corner TV unit which was really expensive, both can not be replaced now.

The happy part is that we googled a french polisher in the local area (on a Sunday), and as luck has it he lives about 5 doors away from us which is really bizarre. So he came round, said he'll do it a couple of days after xmas, strip / sand the top down and redo it all for £45. So 20+ years of wear and tear (and 1 small burn) and the large acid burn will hopefully be sorted.

so really it needed doing anyway so the leak is actually a good thing lol lol the glass is always full lol

---------- Post added at 16:46 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

lost 4lb this week ended over a stone and half under my end of year goal. Even ate a curry couple of cookies a brownie or 2 and loads of salmon ( 4 quid a kilo at Asda)

lost 93lb in in 21 weeks

Hom3r 22-12-2013 18:49

Had my nephew stay over last night, sister and niece were watch JLS, and mu BIL was watching the darts with his friends.

I picked him up in the morning went up the town and bought Minecraft to play on the 360, what he didn't know was I bought two, one for me to play on Saturday night, the other is his Christmas day to play on the xbox he doesn't know he getting :D

He also said something that made me go all warm inside, he said that he was shy around his other uncle (my brother in-laws brother in-law).

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 35656890)

I had a similar thing, last year I was rabbit sitting as I put the key in the lock and turned it, it broke, I could still use it by putting the other part and turn but for safety I needed a locksmith.

I found a neighbour who was a locksmith, I was in when he can and he was able to remove the broken bit, should have cost over £40, but only cosr £20.

Osem 23-12-2013 15:06

Sensei Osem Jnr has literally just been awarded his 2nd Dan Black Belt!!! I can't tell you how hard he's worked and how dedicated he's been since he started training when he was 11 years old. When presenting him his certificate his Sensei (a former English champion) said he'd not only comfortably satisfied all the technical aspects required but has also become a first class instructor and fully deserved his award. To say we are proud of him would be an understatement! :D

Drinks and celebrations tonight methinks! :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

denphone 23-12-2013 15:31

That's wonderful Osem and you have a son you should be very proud of.

Hom3r 23-12-2013 15:43

Apart from getting up at 6:30am to do the last food shop.

Tis done just sit back and drink, enjoy Christmas and cook some more cheese straws as the last batch are almost gone.

Osem 23-12-2013 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35657224)
That's wonderful Osem and you have a son you should be very proud of.

Thanks Den, yes it's a terrific Christmas present too! :)

dilli-theclaw 23-12-2013 16:29

That is very good indeed :)

tizmeinnit 23-12-2013 16:48

Free bottle of Dark Rum off Asda today. I ordered white they sent dark I called to complain got it free :)

joglynne 23-12-2013 17:14

Well done Osem Jnr. Please give him a well earned pat on the back from me. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Osem 23-12-2013 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35657247)
Well done Osem Jnr. Please give him a well earned pat on the back from me. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks. Will do in about 20 minutes Jo! :)

:ghugs:

MadGamer 23-12-2013 23:41

Posting this from my new laptop :D