Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   VOD : Netflix/Streaming Services (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33695779)

jfman 08-11-2019 14:11

Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36016502)
Are you referring to ESPN & Hulu? The are Disney products just as Disney+ is. You seem confused over Disney (a company) and Disney+ (a product).

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

I think you'll find Disney+ content will be universally available that is why the relase is delayed in the UK and elsewhere.

Link

ESPN and Hulu will, at outset certainly, not be available with Disney+ here or offer the same range of compelling content as in the USA.

I’m perplexed with the difficulty you have with this, MM explained it and the rationale with crystal clarity. Indeed, on a number of occasions now.

pip08456 08-11-2019 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 36016504)
ESPN and Hulu will, at outset certainly, not be available with Disney+ here or offer the same range of compelling content as in the USA.

I’m perplexed with the difficulty you have with this, MM explained it and the rationale with crystal clarity. Indeed, on a number of occasions now.

I have no difficulty annd have checked MM's posts going back to end of August and have found no reference to unavailable content fo UK Disney+ customers or US customers.

That the Hulu, ESPN bundle is not available in the UK has no bearing on Disney+ customers.

Chris 08-11-2019 16:28

I couldn’t care less about ESPN. I’ll get Disney+ just because of the Marvel and Lucasfilm content, and because there will also be stuff that appeals to my kids.

jfman 08-11-2019 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36016520)
I have no difficulty annd have checked MM's posts going back to end of August and have found no reference to unavailable content fo UK Disney+ customers or US customers.

That the Hulu, ESPN bundle is not available in the UK has no bearing on Disney+ customers.

A bundle that isn’t available in one country so “has no bearing” when comparing like for like products. That’s a ludicrous assertion and you know it.

pip08456 08-11-2019 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 36016528)
A bundle that isn’t available in one country so “has no bearing” when comparing like for like products. That’s a ludicrous assertion and you know it.

No its not as I'm asserting that a Diney+ customer in the UK will get the same content as a Disney plus customer in the US. Both come as stand alone services so can be compared like for like.

jfman 08-11-2019 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36016531)
No its not as I'm asserting that a Diney+ customer in the UK will get the same content as a Disney plus customer in the US. Both come as stand alone services so can be compared like for like.

That’s like comparing Virgin’s standalone broadband pricing against all other broadband products “like for like” ignoring that almost nobody pays it because of far more attractive bundles.

Richardr 08-11-2019 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36016415)
5. Hazarding a guess, I think the UKTV channels will be withdrawn at some point, but it does depend on the extent to which these channels are regarded as taking away potential subscribers from Britbox.

UKTV is wholly owned by the BBC, whereas Britbox is 90% owned by ITV. I don't think that the BBC, having recently agreed to pay Discovery £173m in order to take over these channels are going to give up quite so easily.

muppetman11 08-11-2019 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richardr (Post 36016561)
UKTV is wholly owned by the BBC, whereas Britbox is 90% owned by ITV. I don't think that the BBC, having recently agreed to pay Discovery £173m in order to take over these channels are going to give up quite so easily.

That's 100% correct and the BBC have confirmed it.

Mr K 08-11-2019 20:50

Britbox - sounds right up my street, we always did make the best TV. ( will they have Blake's 7 is the big question? ;) )

Netflix - I seem to have survived without it.

denphone 08-11-2019 21:02

Will they have Blake's 7 no l somehow doubt it Mr K.

Chris 08-11-2019 21:20

Blake’s 7 DVD rips have been on YouTube for years and nobody seems bothered about taking them down. They’re even organised in a handy playlist ... all 52 episodes. The BBC sold the rights years ago to a company part-owned by Paul Darrow, which long aspired to either reboot or continue the series, but it never got off the ground. Yet it’s BBC Worldwide that’s the distributor of the original material. They have apparently reissued the DVDs in a commemorative 40th anniversary package which might be what kept the show off the streaming services. So who knows whether it’ll ever appear online officially, but who cares, because it’s all there for free ... I think I’ve watched the whole thing through maybe three times over the last few years. :D

denphone 10-11-2019 05:15

Inappropriate classic UK TV shows to be kept off Britbox service.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...box=1573321143

Quote:

The new £5.99-a-month service, which will also offer shows from Channel 4 and Channel 5, is aiming to compete with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video by positioning itself as the home of the widest library of British shows, old and new.
Surely grown adults themselves can make up their own mind as to whether they want to see this content or not.

Chris 10-11-2019 16:00

No chance they’ll be hosting Curry and Chips then.

OLD BOY 10-11-2019 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36016531)

Looks like you might be right, pip.

https://comicbook.com/movies/2018/11...-fox-purchase/

Hulu will be offered internationally following Disney's purchase of Fox.

Mr K 10-11-2019 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36016743)
No chance they’ll be hosting Curry and Chips then.

That should be banned on the account it was crap.

Till Death do Us Part, however was a classic, we were laughing at Alf Garnett, not with him.