Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What have you just bought? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33691288)

mrmistoffelees 30-01-2024 11:08

Re: What have you just bought?

On the subject of carpets not only does it help to have a carpet cleaner (we do ours twice a year and I find it strangely therapeutic) it’s even more important to have a decent vacuum cleaner. We initially had a bissell and now we have a Tineco carpet one pro

More important than a carpet cleaner though is the vacuum and I won’t go past sebo

Jaymoss 30-01-2024 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees (Post 36169164)

More important than a carpet cleaner though is the vacuum and I won’t go past sebo

you you get £200 if you do ?

mrmistoffelees 30-01-2024 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36169169)
you you get £200 if you do ?

Ha I wish ! I just really really rate them!!

---------- Post added at 12:38 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

Whilst I was in Newcastle airport departures I spotted a new wax jacket that I liked they offered me 10% off but would not ship it to my home address. So, from the villa in Samui I found it online for £80 less ordered and delivered to my home address

Also some adidas forum 84 Lo limited edition trainers

Taf 01-02-2024 17:52

A second class stamp, 75p. The first stamp I have bought in about 12 years. Back then it was 36p.

Jaymoss 01-02-2024 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 36169299)
A second class stamp, 75p. The first stamp I have bought in about 12 years. Back then it was 36p.

in all fairness that aint to bad still. or it wouldn't be if the service was as good as it used to be

tweetiepooh 02-02-2024 14:24

I miss when the stamps just had 1st or 2nd on them. You kept using them regardless what the current price of stamps was but I guess too many people would buy in bulk and keep going for years after purchasing.

spiderplant 02-02-2024 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweetiepooh (Post 36169319)
I miss when the stamps just had 1st or 2nd on them. You kept using them regardless what the current price of stamps was but I guess too many people would buy in bulk and keep going for years after purchasing.

They still do them

Hom3r 04-02-2024 14:09

I bought the MI Dead Reckoning Pt1 4K steel book edition, I think my player supports 4K, but the 4K SB does include Blu-Ray

tweetiepooh 05-02-2024 11:44

2 pairs of trainers, one for the gym that is a little small even in a size larger than I normally buy but I can't get bigger without hassles and another pair for outside that do fit nicely. My last pairs I've had for many years and are falling apart.

Jaymoss 05-02-2024 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweetiepooh (Post 36169391)
2 pairs of trainers, one for the gym that is a little small even in a size larger than I normally buy but I can't get bigger without hassles and another pair for outside that do fit nicely. My last pairs I've had for many years and are falling apart.

I bought a pair of the viral tiktok trainers for a tenner for using on my Spin bike. They are actually ok for that

Itshim 05-02-2024 18:54

tumble dryer.

denphone 05-02-2024 19:06

A pack of 72 toilet roll.

tweetiepooh 08-02-2024 13:15

To go with our new bed we need some new bedding as the bed is bigger.
Problems - neither of us like fully synthetic and wife doesn't want pure cotton, too hard to dry and needs ironing. (Fair enough, she does those tasks). My wife likes our 4.5TOG duvet but I would prefer something warmer.

Fitted sheet - easy - polycotton white.
Duvet - we both like the idea of down so have gone for a dual TOG duck down where she gets 4.5TOG and I get 9TOG. Goose down would be nicer but costs double. A John Lewis eiderdown was somewhat out of our budget.

It's the cover that is harder. The designs and colours I like are all in pure cotton or microfibre or not available in the right size or far too expensive. My wife has designs she likes but most I don't. I want bright colours she more green focus. Fortunately neither of us like "pretty" floral patterns.

mrmistoffelees 08-02-2024 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweetiepooh (Post 36169672)
To go with our new bed we need some new bedding as the bed is bigger.
Problems - neither of us like fully synthetic and wife doesn't want pure cotton, too hard to dry and needs ironing. (Fair enough, she does those tasks). My wife likes our 4.5TOG duvet but I would prefer something warmer.

Fitted sheet - easy - polycotton white.
Duvet - we both like the idea of down so have gone for a dual TOG duck down where she gets 4.5TOG and I get 9TOG. Goose down would be nicer but costs double. A John Lewis eiderdown was somewhat out of our budget.

It's the cover that is harder. The designs and colours I like are all in pure cotton or microfibre or not available in the right size or far too expensive. My wife has designs she likes but most I don't. I want bright colours she more green focus. Fortunately neither of us like "pretty" floral patterns.

Have a look at either a wool or linen duvet we have a 4.5tog linen duvet and it keeps us cool in the summer and during the winter it keeps me that warm I need the ceiling fan on.

Similarly try a French linen duvet cover

tweetiepooh 08-02-2024 15:22

I like linen but doesn't that need ironing? And can you get nice bright patterns (think Africa or Caribbean). No snakes or mushrooms or skulls ...