Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The energy crisis (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710394)

Jaymoss 02-03-2022 18:35

Re: Energy companies collapse

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36115288)
Aye, lad - I remember the good old days, when we had things we don’t have now.

You know, like Ricketts, Polio, Diptheria, Smallpox, windows frozen on the inside, outside toilets, houses without bathrooms, rationing… ;)

Fuel rationing in the 70s maybe but the war rations ended before you were born ;)

Mr K 02-03-2022 18:40

I remember being a kid in the 70s with power cuts and candles. It was great fun !

Hugh 02-03-2022 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36115298)
Fuel rationing in the 70s maybe but the war rations ended before you were born ;)

Just all the other stuff, then…

Luxury… ;)

joglynne 02-03-2022 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36115298)

..... and now I feel really old, I can remember handing over a coupon to buy a small paper twist of sweets. I also remember going to the shop and quite often there not being any left.

Carth 02-03-2022 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 36115309)
..... and now I feel really old, I can remember handing over a coupon to buy a small paper twist of sweets. I also remember going to the shop and quite often there not being any left.

To be fair, not many shops left now either :D

Jaymoss 31-03-2022 16:05

Get ya readings in if you need to so you stop getting fleeced new prices on energy already used

Octopus are being nice and not starting till Midnight Saturday and giving a week to get those readings in

daveeb 31-03-2022 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36117864)
Get ya readings in if you need to so you stop getting fleeced new prices on energy already used

Octopus are being nice and not starting till Midnight Saturday and giving a week to get those readings in

I've literally just sent Octopus my readings in :rolleyes: Maybe they'll pro rata the extra few days at the old rate, they've been pretty good so far (though I may not be saying that when my new flexible prices come through).

Jaymoss 31-03-2022 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 36117865)
I've literally just sent Octopus my readings in :rolleyes: Maybe they'll pro rata the extra few days at the old rate, they've been pretty good so far (though I may not be saying that when my new flexible prices come through).

no one can offer you a better price, Octopus have already said theirs will be £50 under the price cap

Itshim 31-03-2022 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36117864)

Unless you have a working smart meter, found a use for it at last. Anyway have a fixed price for a the next 12 months, so putting the pain off :cool:

OLD BOY 31-03-2022 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36115301)
I remember being a kid in the 70s with power cuts and candles. It was great fun !

So do I. Bloody unions!

Paul 31-03-2022 17:37

I submitted readings on Tuesday (evening), not really bothered about 2 days.

Out of interest, I tried to login today and got this ;

Quote:

Your estimated wait time is 32 minutes...

We are experiencing a high volume of traffic and using a virtual queue to limit the amount of users on the website at the same time. This will ensure you have the best possible online experience.

SnoopZ 31-03-2022 17:47

It took me 5mins to log into Bulb earlier, it said I submitted my gas reading ok on the site but gave an error for electricity but I still got an email or several emails saying they had received it.

OLD BOY 31-03-2022 23:56

My readings have just been sent - all went through splendidly.

Taf 01-04-2022 09:48

Scottish Power set up a new webpage to allow readings to be sent in.

papa smurf 01-04-2022 10:08

This mornings shower was reassuringly expensive, I've ordered a solid gold shower head to reflect the price of hot water:spin: