Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Football : The Scottish Football Thread (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33688884)

Henkesghost 21-07-2013 01:11

Re: The Scottish Football Thread

Says the man who clearly has spent hours trawling seedy little dafties tweets about Celtic, m8 I couldn't even tell you who plays for the zombies. Oh and your line "Jumps back to I work for the army line" ha ha u r a ridiculous figure:rolleyes:

Anyway Elfsborg next round of Champions League Qualifier and raising the league flag soon:D New players coming in. Happy times

Just an aside you've never been promoted have you?

MalteseFalcon 21-07-2013 11:43

I have heard Celtic fans boo during the minute silence on Remembrance Sunday, so I find those fans **** of the earth. They are booing people who fought so they could live in a free world where they can express the views they want to. But booing during the silence is not on.

As Celtic have not condemned the fans, I have nothing good to say about Celtic anymore, and hope to God that a team can put up a better challenge next season against Celtic to stop them winning by a large margin again.

Henkesghost 21-07-2013 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35597480)
I have heard Celtic fans boo during the minute silence on Remembrance Sunday, so I find those fans **** of the earth. They are booing people who fought so they could live in a free world where they can express the views they want to. But booing during the silence is not on.

As Celtic have not condemned the fans, I have nothing good to say about Celtic anymore, and hope to God that a team can put up a better challenge next season against Celtic to stop them winning by a large margin again.

:rolleyes: Jog on

MalteseFalcon 21-07-2013 14:04

Why don't you jog on? Is no-one allowed to criticise Celtic on here because it upsets you?

Arthurgray50@blu 21-07-2013 19:07

This is why Celtic will never be allowed into the EPL, they take trouble wherever they go, and if you go on YouTube, and put them in, they cause more trouble than anything.

I read the comment said about what happened at Brentford, and yet Brentford will not say anything. To them it was about making money, and yet again Celtic fans tarnish the famous name of a great club.

Not only that, apparently on STV, someone has broken into the yard that holds the Rangers FC team bus and cmmitted Arson.

Stephen 23-07-2013 03:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35597711)
This is why Celtic will never be allowed into the EPL, they take trouble wherever they go, and if you go on YouTube, and put them in, they cause more trouble than anything.

I read the comment said about what happened at Brentford, and yet Brentford will not say anything. To them it was about making money, and yet again Celtic fans tarnish the famous name of a great club.

Not only that, apparently on STV, someone has broken into the yard that holds the Rangers FC team bus and cmmitted Arson.

There are people that go to away games just to cause trouble and don't nessessarily have any links to the club. So trying to say Celtic take trouble everywhere is a bit of a weak statement. Look at Ranger when they trashed Manchester. Celtic are very well respected and 99% of fans are good people.

Celtic fans are in no way worse than anything as you put it.

Also the bus depot was set on fire but trying to say it was Celtic fans is too far fetched. More likely the firms insurance scam lol.

Henkesghost 23-07-2013 04:26

Yassss! First game back at Celtic Park tonight :D Can't wait. Season ticket sales up on last year, free wi fi (though it won't be ready for a couple of weeks) Kerrydale bar open to season ticket holders before the game, may pop in for something to eat with my daughter. Elfsborg in next round next Wednesday. Here we go again!!!

Maybe worth pointing out with Stephen's post above (sorry Arthur got you on ignore so can't see your and a couple of others bile that u post) that Celtic fans are the only fans to be awarded the UEFA fair play award for the Seville year. Every big club attracts some dafties that are a disgrace we are no different. Seems every Internet forum attracts dafties too.

colin25 23-07-2013 05:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henkesghost (Post 35598111)
Yassss! First game back at Celtic Park tonight :D Can't wait. Season ticket sales up on last year, free wi fi (though it won't be ready for a couple of weeks) Kerrydale bar open to season ticket holders before the game, may pop in for something to eat with my daughter. Elfsborg in next round next Wednesday. Here we go again!!!

Maybe worth pointing out with Stephen's post above (sorry Arthur got you on ignore so can't see your and a couple of others bile that u post) that Celtic fans are the only fans to be awarded the UEFA fair play award for the Seville year. Every big club attracts some dafties that are a disgrace we are no different. Seems every Internet forum attracts dafties too.

I agree. Most clubs have one or two idiots. Only solution is to keep banning, though it seems at times that there will always be someone to take there place.

Derek 24-07-2013 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henkesghost (Post 35598111)
Celtic fans are the only fans to be awarded the UEFA fair play award for the Seville year. Every big club attracts some dafties that are a disgrace we are no different.

I know truth isn't high on your list of priorities but I should point out the first recipients of the award were Dundee Utd fans, and that was without a begging campaign to get it awarded. Plus a previous winner was that jolly craicster Paulo Di Canio before his fascist tendencies came to light, previous good, if not entirely truthfully reported behaviour, can change very easily.

---------- Post added at 12:12 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

The new league setup in Scotland has been revealed... As a blatant copy of down south to try and disguise the dross on offer. :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23435136

Quote:

The new top-flight will be called the Scottish Premiership, with the old First Division renamed the Scottish Championship.
Still no sponsor, is it because they are all fighting over each other to throw money at the game or that no one with a shred of intelligence wants involved in a league where the winners and losers have been decided before a ball is kicked?

MalteseFalcon 24-07-2013 13:19

And I suppose this new structure will move Rangers closer to being promoted back to the Premier League? Sucks if it does.

colin25 24-07-2013 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35598558)
And I suppose this new structure will move Rangers closer to being promoted back to the Premier League? Sucks if it does.

No, it won't

MalteseFalcon 24-07-2013 14:44

OK, I just heard that the new structure was going to put Rangers into the league right below the Premier League. Good that they are not being fast tracked, they deserve at least 2 more seasons out of the top flight.

When does this new structure come into effect? I've heard so many different things about this structure that I am totally confused.

colin25 24-07-2013 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35598595)
OK, I just heard that the new structure was going to put Rangers into the league right below the Premier League. Good that they are not being fast tracked, they deserve at least 2 more seasons out of the top flight.

When does this new structure come into effect? I've heard so many different things about this structure that I am totally confused.

This season I think. But like you, not seen anything confirmed

Media Boy UK 24-07-2013 15:20

I see that Rangers has gone up an league without kicking an ball today.

Stephen 24-07-2013 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35598605)
I see that Rangers have gone up a league without kicking a ball today.

Erm....... What? That article is about the new league names and nothing else.

Celtic have accepted an offer of almost £5 million for Gary Hooper.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23440616

Quote:

Celtic have accepted a bid from Queens Park Rangers for striker Gary Hooper.
The Championship club submitted an offer of around £5m for the 25-year-old last week.
Hooper, who was used as a substitute in Tuesday's Champions League qualifying win against Cliftonville, scored 31 goals last season.
Talks are ongoing between the player's representatives and QPR over personal terms, while Norwich remain keen on the former Scunthorpe forward.