Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Networking (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   WiFi not working on one device (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33712050)

peanut 28-07-2023 14:19

Re: WiFi not working on one device

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 36157440)
Tried ipconfig several times, still no joy. Win 10 ISO upgrade nearly finished loading onto usb drive.

May have to leave it till later now, even in my dotage (75) I still have to get my two or three games of squash or racketball in.:cool:

No problem, try the repair option first as should be easier to do. DISM can go a bit wrong.

Paul 29-07-2023 01:47

Just to be clear, you didnt change anything on the router, and the laptop connected to it via WiFi ok, before you rebooted it ?

Presumably you must have rebooted it on previous occasions, and never had an issue reconnecting your laptop ?

If so, whats changed since then ?

iadom 29-07-2023 10:15

Not changed anything but tbh the laptop has been a bit up and down recently. I don’t use it that often it’s my wife’s PC. Booting up has been slow and emails have sometimes been slow at downloading.

Hugh 29-07-2023 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 36157465)
Not changed anything but tbh the laptop has been a bit up and down recently. I don’t use it that often it’s my wife’s PC. Booting up has been slow and emails have sometimes been slow at downloading.

How old is the laptop, and has it been fully checked with an anti-virus and malware checker recently?

iadom 29-07-2023 12:29

It’s around 7 years old, up to date AV and Malwarebytes installed and scanned regularly.

Just about to get going with ISO repair/ upgrade.

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

Win 10 install plodding along slowly. One quick question, during the initial preparation it mentions the need to access up to date components on line, how can it do this as the laptop has no connection?

Jaymoss 29-07-2023 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 36157468)
It’s around 7 years old, up to date AV and Malwarebytes installed and scanned regularly.

Just about to get going with ISO repair/ upgrade.

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

Win 10 install plodding along slowly. One quick question, during the initial preparation it mentions the need to access up to date components on line, how can it do this as the laptop has no connection?

It might well have one once it gets to that point

iadom 29-07-2023 15:00

:cool::cool::)

Success. I got a bit worried when the update got to 90% then stalled there for nearly 30 minutes.

Full wifi access now restored.

Many thanks to everyone who participated in this thread, hopefully it may help someone else in the future.

Jim.