Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Madeleine McCann (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33625944)

Paul 05-05-2007 20:42

Re: Toddler 'abducted' during holiday

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berezovski (Post 34295097)
I never left my kids alone until they were 13. Pathetic parents. They should be jailed.

What utter tripe you spout. I pity your poor kids, how on earth they ever learned any independance with you watching them until they were teenages is a mystery to me.

It's amazing how many 'perfect' parents suddenly emerge from the woodwork in threads like this, I'm sure you have all never put a foot wrong. :dozey:

zing_deleted 05-05-2007 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 34295115)
What utter tripe you spout. I pity your poor kids, how on earth they ever learned any independance with you watching them until they were teenages is a mystery to me.

It's amazing how many 'perfect' parents suddenly emerge from the woodwork in threads like this, I'm sure you have all never put a foot wrong. :dozey:

he ruined a good arguement with his extreme view.
two 2 years olds and a 3 year old is a tad different to teenagers I cant see anyone here saying its ok to leave them (edited cuz it didnt make sense)

Mick 05-05-2007 20:47

There shouldn't even be an arguement - this is the whole point - A girl is missing and all some can do is argue whose to blame, its wrong, no infact its disgusting. :mad:

zing_deleted 05-05-2007 20:54

am I still entitled to my opinion? cuz I think the fact a 3 year old and two 2 year olds were left alone disgusting.

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

here is a snippit of british law (scroll down the page) although there is no law about the minimum age there is an offence when the child is at risk . There are guidelines I may well be assuming but on the face of it these parents have broken British law. Just because the child is missing does not change that normally the membership would be down like a ton of bricks on anyone breaking the law involving children why is this case different? http://www.rospa.com/safetyeducation/faqs.htm

marky 05-05-2007 21:11

OK, drag them out to the HANGING tree :rolleyes:
Lock the stable door after the horse has bolted.

I would say "all" as in every parent here has lost sight of there children at sometime, if you say you have not then it bulldung.

Perverts take that moment to snatch kids, so if it was yours and you turned your back would it be your fault ?

Please dont come up with the "its different" ribbish

zing_deleted 05-05-2007 21:17

I do not think it is rubbish so on that point we have to disagree.Please inform me how if you lose sight of a child for second is the same as making the desision not to leave the child in creche instead leave them unattended alone in a building. Tell me which one of us is talking the dung here

Hugh 05-05-2007 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by marky (Post 34295143)
OK, drag them out to the HANGING tree :rolleyes:
Lock the stable door after the horse has bolted.

I would say "all" as in every parent here has lost sight of there children at sometime, if you say you have not then it bulldung.

Perverts take that moment to snatch kids, so if it was yours and you turned your back would it be your fault ?

Please dont come up with the "its different" ribbish

Marky, my heart goes out to the parents, who must be going through hell at the moment, but it is completely different, no matter what you say, between losing sight of your child/children for a few moments, or letting them play in the garden, and leaving them unattended for nearly an hour a couple of hundred yards away. The equivalent would be leaving three children under 3 unattended in a playground for an hour, out of your sight - I think that most people would find that scenario "wrong".

But as I said before, we have all got to hope the child is found safe and returned to her parents - that is the most important thing.

marky 05-05-2007 21:30

So what we are saying is its the parents fault that a sick perve stole there child.
Doesnt add up sorry :rolleyes:

zing_deleted 05-05-2007 21:31

No the sick perve is the one to blame but the parents should not have left such young children alone would you? have you?

marky 05-05-2007 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinglebarb (Post 34295170)
No the sick perve is the one to blame but the parents should not have left such young children alone would you? have you?

Mine play out, the youngest is 8
So i would be to blame if someone snatched him ?

And yes, sometimes they was in bed and we would be in the garden.

zing_deleted 05-05-2007 21:40

lol I find it bazaar you comparing these thing 8 and 3 hmmm similar did you read the link I posted>? see the bit about levels of maturity? you honestly think a 3 year is mature enough to be left with two 2 years olds really ??? im getting the impression im being seen as the bad guy for voicing my opinions on this subject and from my point of view that is just crazy mad

kryogenik 05-05-2007 21:42

I'm with you Zingle. And I can see (like some can't) that you are not trying to apportion blame. The abductor IS the one to blame for taking the wee lass. No-one would dispute that.
However, show me a parent that is prepared to leave their three infants alone while they dine away from the building, and I'll show you an irresponsible parent.
That said, my heart goes out to them - they made a mistake. They've had 3 kids who they've taken away on a family holiday. Clear to see they're loving and caring parents. They just dropped the ball, foolishly thinking they'd be safe.
THAT was irresponsible. No denying it. But, they've paid the ultimate price - no-one more than them wishes they'd not thought they'd be safe.

Call me a liar, anyone - I don't care. My 2 year old NEVER, EVER leaves my sight.
I'm just too damn scared to let her.

I'm sure Madeleine and her parents are in all our thoughts and prayers anyway.
I hope to God she returns unhurt, and soon.
Absolutely heartbreaking.

gaffer_gump 05-05-2007 21:45

Nicely put kryogenik, totally agree and you to Zingle :tu:

D_Skids 05-05-2007 21:49

I agree, well put kryogenik and Zingle.

jkat 05-05-2007 22:02

one thing is for certain, if it wasnt that child it would have been another child, this is the whole miserable situation! children have been abducted/gone missing right under parents noses in the past regardless of age. :(