Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Avengers: Endgame (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707138)

Hugh 11-04-2019 22:30

Re: Avengers: Endgame

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadbandking (Post 35990949)
Gutted can't make the midnight preview as I got work at 7am in the morning, o well I am going at 21:30 on the 25th, just gotta stay away from spoilers all day.

Yeh, so is my lad - he’s going to nap before the film, I’ll pick him up then drop him off at 3’sh, and he’ll grab another couple of hours kip before work.

General Maximus 11-04-2019 22:45

I book the day after off work so i can stay up and watch it and not have to worry about going to work the next day.

Pierre 13-04-2019 20:55

Watching Graham Norton show and they showed a clip that basically gives away the plot.

MOD EDIT: PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF POTENTIAL SPOILERS, ESPECIALLY ON HIGHLY ANTICIPATED AND UPCOMING MOVIES

Spoiler: 
As suspected they’re going to go back in time and collect the stones themselves pre-Thanos and un-click everything and bring everyone back. It basically going to be a heist movie “avengers 11”

General Maximus 15-04-2019 20:15

General Maximus 16-04-2019 17:49

General Maximus 17-04-2019 17:21

General Maximus 19-04-2019 10:22

General Maximus 23-04-2019 10:54

They have a very close relationship and I don't think they are going to dwell on the past at all. They are going to give each other a man hug and get on with fixing everything.

Hugh 23-04-2019 20:36

The Avengers sing their version of "We Didn’t Start The Fire".

Damien 24-04-2019 10:58

Word of warning. Some reviews have minor spoilers by mentioning details that, if you have watched previous films, allow you to piece together some aspects of the plot.

The equivalent of reviewing the Sixth Sense and going 'and surprising developments about Bruce Willis' character'

I mean I wasn't aware that Disney were even planning a Star Wars shared-universe so that's one aspect of the film spoiled for me! (just kidding).

Hugh 24-04-2019 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35992085)
Word of warning. Some reviews have minor spoilers by mentioning details that, if you have watched previous films, allow you to piece together some aspects of the plot.

The equivalent of reviewing the Sixth Sense and going 'and surprising developments about Bruce Willis' character'

I mean I wasn't aware that Disney were even planning a Star Wars shared-universe so that's one aspect of the film spoiled for me! (just kidding).

That’s why i’ve been avoiding any reviews for the past couple of days...

General Maximus 24-04-2019 15:12

I never read reviews or anything else before films. I like to go in with a completely open mind and appreciate it for what it is.

Damien 24-04-2019 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35992113)
I never read reviews or anything else before films. I like to go in with a completely open mind and appreciate it for what it is.

Yeah, same with me for the most part. I use something like Metacritic to either find films I may not have watched but have great reviews or films I was on the fence about that have really bad ones.

Pierre 24-04-2019 18:38

I don”t mind, i think I’ve pretty much worked out what happens, but happy to be wrong.

Tickets booked for Friday lunchtime.

General Maximus 24-04-2019 19:57

I was just lying in bed thinking about the boxoffice stats that will be coming out over the next couple of days and after the weekend and it is only fitting that such an iconic film leads the way in breaking records. I opened up the imdb app on my phone to see if there was anything interesting to read and I laughed my ass off. It is breaking records before I have even seen it:

Quote:

“Avengers: Endgame” is breaking records in China, raking in more than $100 million on its opening day Wednesday – two days ahead of the U.S. – and putting itself firmly on track to become the biggest Hollywood title ever in the Middle Kingdom.