Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What have you just bought? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33691288)

SnoopZ 13-10-2019 22:51

Re: What have you just bought?

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 36013748)
Renault Carminat Live Tomtom 2019 V10.05 Europe Navigation for my son's car as for some reason his car is missing this :(

Got it alot cheaper online than going through the garage where he bought it from.

I always use Google maps on a smart phone, the only cost is a little data.

Edit..... I see it is built in so that is more convenient.

weenie 13-10-2019 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36013789)
I always use Google maps on a smart phone, the only cost is a little data.

Edit..... I see it is built in so that is more convenient.

Yea it is SnoopZ but for for some reason the previous owner or maybe someone viewing the car at the garage has decided to take it.

I think it will benefit having a sat nav that is up to date and as it was built in I just thought what the heck as we were going to
buy him a dashcam but he beat us to it.

Not complaining this worked out cheaper.

weenie 14-10-2019 13:31

New oven as the old one gave up last night, they certainly don't make them like they used to do as we only had it for 7 years.

heero_yuy 14-10-2019 14:34

Our built-in oven is about 35 years old but it's on it's fourth or fifth element as it gets a lot of use. This is the part that commonly fails but is relatively cheap (~£17) and easy to replace: About 15 minutes work with a Philips screwdriver.

Though it seems that the newer elements don't last like the original, I guess they're being made down to a price as well.

denphone 14-10-2019 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 36013831)
Our built-in oven is about 35 years old but it's on it's fourth or fifth element as it gets a lot of use. This is the part that commonly fails but is relatively cheap (~£17) and easy to replace: About 15 minutes work with a Philips screwdriver.

Though it seems that the newer elements don't last like the original, I guess they're being made down to a price as well.

Our oven lasted about 12 years before it went so l we bought the same oven again just that it was more a modernised version of it.

weenie 14-10-2019 15:19

It was sparking then the oven would not go higher than 60.
Maybe I was a bit fast in buying a new oven tbh.

Taf 14-10-2019 15:34

2 packs of sugar from Poundland (1.65kg for 50p, an odd size) 65p/kg in most shops, but only 30p/kg in Poundland.

Just found a recall from last year when "small particles of metal" could be in them. But not the batch numbers they are selling now.

papa smurf 14-10-2019 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 36013853)
2 packs of sugar from Poundland (1.65kg for 50p, an odd size) 65p/kg in most shops, but only 30p/kg in Poundland.

Just found a recall from last year when "small particles of metal" could be in them. But not the batch numbers they are selling now.

A bit of iron in your diet is no bad thing,i haven't taken sugar for the past 25 years but good find:tu:

heero_yuy 14-10-2019 18:04

When the element goes in ours it's pyrotechnics time: Bright yellow glow, then frying sound and finally blue flashes. Then the fuse goes. It plugs into a standard 13A outlet.

If your electrics include an RCD (Earth leakage breaker) it usually knocks the whole house out rather than the fireworks.

There's a panel at the rear held by some screws, remove this to inspect the element. It's usually pretty obvious when it's gone.

weenie 15-10-2019 13:35

Going by what you said Heero it defo sounds like it was the element yellow glow, frying sound and the oven would not go above 60.

One thinks that maybe I was too hasty in getting a new oven :doh:

heero_yuy 15-10-2019 14:10

Well can't be helped. Hope you didn't have to spend too much on a replacement.

If there's a next time you'll know and can ask here. That's if we're still around. :D

weenie 15-10-2019 16:04

Not as much as last oven this one was only £207 and that was including delivery as we did not want to spend crazy money atm as we don't know if we will be staying here tbh as at the moment we're in discussions about either down sizing, buying a brand new home or moving to a coastal area.

mrmistoffelees 18-10-2019 18:42

Carpet, tv bed

Hugh 18-10-2019 21:58

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees (Post 36014348)
Carpet, tv bed

mrmistoffelees 19-10-2019 20:45

Similar to that... this one comes with a 40” Sanyo which is getting sold and I’m putting a 43” LG in.

Bed has usb charging points and headphone sockets also has 4.1 surround

I think I’ll work from bed from now on 😂😂

However, returning to more mundane spending... pair of curtains