Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Networking (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Belkin Wireless Router and NTL... keeps losing Internet... (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=34992)

akane1984 14-09-2005 11:55

Re: Belkin Wireless Router and NTL... keeps losing Internet...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMHarman
If they allowed you, and you would need two bills in two separate names (and some billing systems can do this some cannot). Then you would have two SACMs and two charges, one for each CM on the bill.
Not much point when you can get a router and route the single CM for less than this would cost for a months CM rental (wired) or about 3 months wireless).

yeah thats true but gonna have to find solution to increase quality of connection between belkin router and network as pinging is happening to regular. and i know ! that pinging when playin games from boths pcs will be natural but not to extent of what we get which is both of us get "problem with your connection" message in game and pings of 700++

Dieselboy 15-09-2005 00:51

I have exactly the same router and I had the same problem when I tried to connect my new fujitsu laptop to my wireless network.

The problem was with XP's WLAN software - to fix it I installed the Odyssey wireless client software that came on a CD with the laptop and unticked the "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" under the wireless connection properties.

My connection hasn't dropped once since.

akane1984 15-09-2005 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselboy
I have exactly the same router and I had the same problem when I tried to connect my new fujitsu laptop to my wireless network.

The problem was with XP's WLAN software - to fix it I installed the Odyssey wireless client software that came on a CD with the laptop and unticked the "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" under the wireless connection properties.

My connection hasn't dropped once since.

so what would you recommend for me, using wirless and wired over two XP machines.

Blade_Runner 24-03-2008 20:31

I am having the same problem as DarronK. I've had my router (Model: F5D7230-4) and wireless card for years and it's only recently started doing this problem. I found this thread while searching for a solution in Google.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Graham M 24-03-2008 20:49

If you don't get any useful responses in this thread, I suggest you start a new one as this thread is more than 2 years old

Blade_Runner 24-03-2008 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeph (Post 34513065)
If you don't get any useful responses in this thread, I suggest you start a new one as this thread is more than 2 years old

Ok thanks I will make a new thread.