Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711604)

Itshim 06-02-2023 14:41

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 (Post 36145250)
Netflix standard is included with Ultimate Volt granted a extra £5 for Ultra HD, As for Paramount+ will have to wait and see how Virgin bundle it.

I stand corrected, am I correct in thinking it's on all sky packages? Have not interest in volt ,so still an add on for me:dozey:

---------- Post added at 14:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:39 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36145251)
Since you seem fine with a dish you'd be better with Freesat, there's more free HD and you don't get the part-time channels sharing streams.

Wll bear in mind , still have to have a lot of holes !!!

ozsat 06-02-2023 15:37

Their recording.

I've been told my several staff now that their is no price rice with the new contract - and no-one at VM said otherwise

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36145261)
Do you mean their recording or one that you made yourself of the call?

ozsat 07-02-2023 06:03

There is around 30-50% less channels provided on their IPTV services when compared to the normal linear service.

Sky Stream/Glass does NOT offer recording so you have to use Catch-Up and some programmes are not available. BT's version does record. Don't know about VM Stream.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36145282)
Sky does its TV service over the internet now (Sky Glass with a TV included, Sky Stream with just a small box called a Puck). You don't need Sky's broadband for it, but it may be more cost effective to do so.
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...tch-sky-tv-wi/

BT's TV service is now also available without an aerial.
https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-...l/td-p/2246295

Virgin does a similar IPTV service to BT's called Stream which may work out cheape for some than its cable TV service. However, I believe it's currently for new broadband customers only.
https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...inment-service

Kevc69 07-02-2023 08:19

Thanks for those I'll do a bit of research to see whats best if I need to dump Virgin

1andrew1 07-02-2023 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevc69 (Post 36145338)
Thanks for those I'll do a bit of research to see whats best if I need to dump Virgin

I think it's the shopping channels and a few smaller advertising-funded channels you won't get on the streaming platforms. But worth researching further if some of these are household faves.

RichardCoulter 07-02-2023 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 36145335)
There is around 30-50% less channels provided on their IPTV services when compared to the normal linear service.

Sky Stream/Glass does NOT offer recording so you have to use Catch-Up and some programmes are not available. BT's version does record. Don't know about VM Stream.

There have been cases where the recordings made are 'not available'.

I myself was told that my last deal allowed me to keep 'Full House' at an agreed discounted price, but what I got was Maxit at £23 more than was agreed.

I asked them to listen to the 'phone call to prove what I was offered but, surprise, surprise the recording was said to be not available. A cynical person could view this as very convenient...

In the end I downgraded to the minimum TV package, so they have lost money by doing this. I did get the entertainment & Drama picks thrown in by way of an apology, which I doubt they'd have done if there was no proof of what I was saying.

I'd keep an eye on your bill when the price rises kick in after my experience yesterday:

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33711694

Mad Max 07-02-2023 20:06

Is there a date for when Paramount + will be coming to Virgin?

TimeLord2018 08-02-2023 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36145398)

Virgin don't really announce specific launch dates in advance for anything,

denphone 08-02-2023 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36145398)

And which boxes will it be on when it does eventually arrive..

OLDGOLD 08-02-2023 13:54

I'm currently on to a VM CS agent and they're absolutely adamant that they don't have Sky Sports UHD. I'm trying to get it added and set a new package as I'm currently out of contract. But he/she insists that UHD is not available. Yet the previous agent I spoke to said I could add it for £7, but when I said I wanted to also renegotiate my package said I'd have to go through to Customer Services. WTH?

RichardCoulter 08-02-2023 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLDGOLD (Post 36145443)
I'm currently on to a VM CS agent and they're absolutely adamant that they don't have Sky Sports UHD. I'm trying to get it added and set a new package as I'm currently out of contract. But he/she insists that UHD is not available. Yet the previous agent I spoke to said I could add it for £7, but when I said I wanted to also renegotiate my package said I'd have to go through to Customer Services. WTH?

Virgin think that they're saving money by outsourcing their 'CS' offshore or not providing proper training, but if they took the lost sales into account, i'm pretty sure they won't be.

Did the agent look at your previous chat where this 'non existent' service was offered to you?

ozsat 08-02-2023 15:09

It's on my contract as 'Sky Sports Ultra HD'.

It may be the CS staff don't relaise that it is the same thing.

Update: Actually they had removed Cinema UHD - so now on contract is 'Sky Sports & Cinema Ultra HD'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLDGOLD (Post 36145443)

Media Boy UK 08-02-2023 15:35

Media Boy Sources has told me that Paramount Global are set to move the following channels from Virgin and Sky to Paramount+ by 2025.

*MTV
*Comedy Central
*Nickleodeon

No other channels were mentioned.

OLDGOLD 08-02-2023 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36145450)
Virgin think that they're saving money by outsourcing their 'CS' offshore or not providing proper training, but if they took the lost sales into account, i'm pretty sure they won't be.

Did the agent look at your previous chat where this 'non existent' service was offered to you?

Apparently, yes. They said at the start of the convo that they'd seen the previous chat and my query and were pulling my other account data through to see how they could help me.

Aguero9320 08-02-2023 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK (Post 36145455)
Media Boy Sources has told me that Paramount Global are set to move the following channels from Virgin and Sky to Paramount+ by 2025.

*MTV
*Comedy Central
*Nickleodeon

No other channels were mentioned.

Unlike Disney, it seems Paramount could use the Channel 5 portfolio as a shop window for Paramount+.