Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Football : Season 2009/2010 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33653632)

LondonRoad 07-08-2009 11:55

Re: Football : Season 2009/2010

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 34849450)
Bring it on! :D Hope your not a Celtic fan Harmitage :( About to have a disappointing start to the season :D

I am indeed a Celtic fan. It isn't going to be the walkover many will be predicting. Only 3 English teams in the Champions league this season. :D

Derek S; the few disappointments Celtic Fans experience are more than compensated for by the long list of glorious victories we achieve. :D

I thought of copying their honours list onto this post but it's so large it might bring down the forum. :D:D

Damien 07-08-2009 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by harmitage (Post 34849456)
I am indeed a Celtic fan. It isn't going to be the walkover many will be predicting. Only 3 English teams in the Champions league this season. :D

No No No, Chelski do count as a English team. ;)

Shadow Demon UK 07-08-2009 13:22

I reckon Celtic have a great chance, they'll get a good result at home, they always do in Europe and i can see them hanging on at the Emirates. At least for Arsenal they will actually have a decent chance of winning something this year if they're in the Europa League.

Damien 07-08-2009 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK (Post 34849494)
I reckon Celtic have a great chance, they'll get a good result at home, they always do in Europe and i can see them hanging on at the Emirates. At least for Arsenal they will actually have a decent chance of winning something this year if they're in the Europa League.

Celtic are probably the team we would have least liked to face but Arsenal should be able to beat them. As for 'decent' chance people are underrating Arsenal because of a poor season, the season before we were challenging for the title until it fell away a bit.

Our team is stronger in some areas (More quality midfielders) and weaker in some (defence) but with a couple of Wenger-esque purchases we stand a good chance in the Champions League (We did get to Semis last year) and League.

SB_07 07-08-2009 15:52

I think it'll be tough for us at Celtic with the atmosphere.

Derek 07-08-2009 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by SB_07 (Post 34849578)
I think it'll be tough for us at Celtic with the atmosphere.

The smell in the East End isn't that bad... Oh right you mean the singing and that :D

Draw at Celtic Park, Arsenal winning by a clear 2 goals in London. Remember Rangers had their bottoms handed to them on a plate by the Arsenal reserves last week.

Arthurgray50@blu 07-08-2009 16:54

I have nothing but resentment against Celtic, now after the appaling behaviour towards us English fans at Wembley Cup, this was a friendly match, with four teams, the singing towards us and Hutton, was bad, no wonder there is so much aggro in Glasgow between rivals Celts and Rangers, and l am married to a Scot.

LondonRoad 07-08-2009 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 34849619)
I have nothing but resentment against Celtic, now after the appaling behaviour towards us English fans at Wembley Cup, this was a friendly match, with four teams, the singing towards us and Hutton, was bad, no wonder there is so much aggro in Glasgow between rivals Celts and Rangers, and l am married to a Scot.

You must have a lot of resentment against a lot of people Arthur.

Sun exclusive shoccer " Football fans direct songs at rival fans" -
"The Celtic fans seemed to target me" says Alan Hutton, ex Glasgow Rangers, " I don't understand why"

Couldn't be a touch of sour grapes there Arthur, what with our reserves doing your lot over. :D:D:D

Sox 07-08-2009 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 34849619)

I didn't see these games,so I can't comment on that.But I couldn't say a bad word about Celtic after 'Hillsborough' they offered us a hand of friendship I can never forget.And If you had/heard or seen both set of supporters hand in hand singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' I don't think anyone would have had a dry eye.Celtic supporters still continue to come to 'Anfield' on April 15th every year at their own expense and that's after 20 years.
Y.N.W.A.

Arthurgray50@blu 07-08-2009 19:51

I have been to many games involving Celtic, l have been to the derbys ie Rangers, and also the game where they played Arsenal many years ago, and yes l did have respect for them, and PLEASE don't get me wrong, Celtic are a good club, but the slanging they gave us last week, doesn't make sense, even a mate of mine who is a Celtic fan, couldn't understand why they were singing anti English songs, the fans of today have changed over the years, so why do it.

Sox 07-08-2009 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 34849707)
I have been to many games involving Celtic, l have been to the derbys ie Rangers, and also the game where they played Arsenal many years ago, and yes l did have respect for them, and PLEASE don't get me wrong, Celtic are a good club, but the slanging they gave us last week, doesn't make sense, even a mate of mine who is a Celtic fan, couldn't understand why they were singing anti English songs, the fans of today have changed over the years, so why do it.

I wasn't saying you didn't have respect
The same can be said for any club
I myself feel sick if LFC fans sing about 'Munich'
I have respect for Man Utd and every club
I agree with you about changes in attitude of fans.Also players in some cases
In my oppoinion the worse thing to happen was the forming of the Premiership.
There is too much greed nowadays and contrats mean nothing.
I started watching Liverpool in 1958 as a five year old when players like Billy Liddell were on buttons compared to players nowadays.
Sorry if I sounded like I was having a go at you I wasn't
No matter which club you support ,good luck in 2009/2010 :)

Russ 07-08-2009 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 34849707)

I'm hoping you don't ever get to see your team play Swansea or Cardiff, THEN you'll see some anti-english feeling.

Derek 08-08-2009 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sox (Post 34849702)
I didn't see these games,so I can't comment on that.But I couldn't say a bad word about Celtic after 'Hillsborough' they offered us a hand of friendship I can never forget.

Just a pity some of their fans don't feel the same about people killed in the Ibrox disaster :rolleyes:

sir_drinks_alot 08-08-2009 08:57

only 307 days untill the fifa World cup in South Africa :D

Russ 08-08-2009 09:04

Good luck to the Swans against Leicester, unknown manager, star players gone.... :spin: