Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   T-Mobile merger - the fallout begins (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33674299)

Peter_ 25-08-2011 22:27

Re: T-Mobile merger - the fallout begins

No wonder I have that clown on ignore as his posts make less and less sense each time, I tend to wonder what non- prescription items he may be using as well.

Spoiler: 
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

Sirius 26-08-2011 06:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35292512)
No wonder I have that clown on ignore as his posts make less and less sense each time, I tend to wonder what non- prescription items he may be using as well.

Same here, but i was unlucky enough to see one of his posts because someone quoted his complete drivel, Wonder if there is anyway to ignore there quoted drivel as well

BenJSmyth 26-08-2011 23:25

Is there any news on the implementation of Everything/Everywhere for Virgin Mobile?

JMcB 27-08-2011 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenJSmyth (Post 35292871)
Is there any news on the implementation of Everything/Everywhere for Virgin Mobile?

I hope its soon my network coverage is very bad most of the time. Not very impressed:(

Dave_M 27-08-2011 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenJSmyth (Post 35292871)

Think my reply got masked by the verbal diarrhoea that followed. As far as I understand VM are in the midst of a 6 week or so trial in selected areas & if all goes well we could see it rolled out late September. No official dates from VM other than Summer which was then changed to Autumn.

Any insider care to comment?

JMcB 27-08-2011 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave_M (Post 35293070)
Think my reply got masked by the verbal diarrhoea that followed. As far as I understand VM are in the midst of a 6 week or so trial in selected areas & if all goes well we could see it rolled out late September. No official dates from VM other than Summer which was then changed to Autumn.

Any insider care to comment?

Thanks;)

New to cable 27-08-2011 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35292380)
Is this an attempt to be sarcastic, because it makes very little sense.

No sarcasm,

Virginmedia resell Skys channels,
Virginmedia resell BT ADSL services
Virginmedia are looking into reselling BT Infinity.

If Virginmedia don't get another providers services they run off crying to ofcom to force other providers to give over there service/product. But yet Virginmedia will not let BT or Sky or any other provider access to the Virginmedia network.

Oh and to anyone who says I'm anti Virginmedia or I HAVE A CHIP ON MY SHOULDER....Look through my last 20 posts, I suspect (an hope lol) you'll see a pretty balanced view.

BenJSmyth 28-08-2011 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by New to cable (Post 35293151)
No sarcasm,

Virginmedia resell Skys channels,
Virginmedia resell BT ADSL services
Virginmedia are looking into reselling BT Infinity.

If Virginmedia don't get another providers services they run off crying to ofcom to force other providers to give over there service/product. But yet Virginmedia will not let BT or Sky or any other provider access to the Virginmedia network.

Oh and to anyone who says I'm anti Virginmedia or I HAVE A CHIP ON MY SHOULDER....Look through my last 20 posts, I suspect (an hope lol) you'll see a pretty balanced view.

This doesn't have any relevance to the original post.

grim reaper 06-09-2011 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by New to cable (Post 35293151)
No sarcasm,

Virginmedia resell Skys channels, as does BT vision and talk talk etc
Virginmedia resell BT ADSL services no ... they sell virgin services over a BT line
Virginmedia are looking into reselling BT Infinity. Wrong again .... virgin are looking at providing there own service over BT's fibre optic (infinity) lines

you need to check the facts before opening your gob :bsmack:

devilincarnate 06-09-2011 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matth (Post 35160401)
Some Virgin Media mobile broadband customers have lost their connections, after becoming the indirect victims of the T-Mobile/Orange merger.

Read more: T-Mobile merger creates Virgin mobile blackspots | Broadband | News | PC Pro http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/broadban...#ixzz1CHQHJ9jj

So, with coverage on the single T-mobile network beginning to suffer, as opposed to the dual network being a bonus, something needs to happen about bringing the virtual networks onboard to the combined network.

This has also hurt "3" coverage, as they lost the use of Orange as a backup.

Were the regulators asleep when they put this through!

Quote:

Virgin Media Business will build 14 regional aggregation networks across the UK to enhance MBNL’s bandwidth capacity. The companies said that the high performance network will give consumers a better mobile experience offering them an improvement in services such as video calling and mobile TV.

“This is a game changer for us,” said Brendan Lynch, director of wholesale markets at Virgin Media Business. “We’re upgrading MBNL to a 1Gbps Ethernet service so it’ll give Everything Everywhere and Three customers the full potential of 3G services. We’re moving the market along with this bandwidth jump.”
http://www.telecoms.com/32422/mbnl-s...edia-business/

StuN 12-09-2011 20:36

I'm on the trial & I can confirm it's still ongoing

Dave_M 12-09-2011 20:57

How long you been on it? Speculation is the trial period is 6 - 8 weeks after which the service will be rolled out to all. VM seem to be staying tight lipped

Stephen 12-09-2011 21:23

I'm not sure what's happening, but in various parts of Glasgow the H connection on my phone displays H+ and it's noticeably faster. Could that be anything to do with the network merger?

JMcB 12-09-2011 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35299494)
I'm not sure what's happening, but in various parts of Glasgow the H connection on my phone displays H+ and it's noticeably faster. Could that be anything to do with the network merger?

Lets hope so, i would be happy with a conection at all;)

BenJSmyth 21-09-2011 19:10

I have been reading on the help and support forums that this has started rolling out to customers. Is anyone able to confirm if this is true or not? I've not received a text message to opt in which is what is being described.