Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   IPhone on Virgin Mobile (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33665145)

greyfox1974 28-05-2010 21:59

Re: IPhone on Virgin Mobile

what ever u do dont take a virgin mob contract they will mess u over big time am just 3 month into mine n it could be me hand set n they will replace it with a reconditioned handset with a 6 month warranty so my 18 month contract aint worth a monkeys

Fireplace 24-07-2010 22:56

Anybody have any experience with the new iPhone4 yet, I'm reading that they take a Micro-Sim and seen all sorts of YouTube content about trimming your existing Sim card down - anyone successfully used an iPhone4 on Virgin?

Thanks in advance.

peterjcat 26-07-2010 11:32

I've cut down a Virgin Mobile PAYG SIM for the iPhone 4, just to test the network and stuff. It's pretty good, unlike T-Mobile (whose network it uses) download speeds aren't capped. Am quite tempted by the £15/mo option with 1GB Internet but am waiting to see if T-Mobile does any better when they finally (re-)release their plans.

Fireplace 26-07-2010 14:20

Brilliant, thanks for the response.

Colin

geepeegee 27-07-2010 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas T (Post 35022384)
Before I switched to my HTC Desire I had an iPhone on virgin and it worked perfectly.

I wonder if you can help me, I have just bought an unlocked Iphone 3GS and tried to use it with my Virgin SIM - even though I get a Virgin 3G icon and I can send and receive text and calls I cannot connect to the internet.

I have spoken to VirginMobile Customer Service and visited two of their shops (which were to be honest more aimed at Cable customers) but none of them were very helpful. However they did give me the MMS settings but I dont know where in the Iphone to put them!

Did you have to alter any settings on the Iphone when you put your Virgin SIM in or did it work straight away?

Many thanks in advance.

geepeegee 28-07-2010 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by geepeegee (Post 35063429)
I wonder if you can help me, I have just bought an unlocked Iphone 3GS and tried to use it with my Virgin SIM - even though I get a Virgin 3G icon and I can send and receive text and calls I cannot connect to the internet.

I have spoken to VirginMobile Customer Service and visited two of their shops (which were to be honest more aimed at Cable customers) but none of them were very helpful. However they did give me the MMS settings but I dont know where in the Iphone to put them!

Did you have to alter any settings on the Iphone when you put your Virgin SIM in or did it work straight away?

Many thanks in advance.

Just an update - a friend called round and we did a factory reset on the phone and it works OK now.

Fireplace 12-08-2010 21:37

Just thought I'd update, after the advise I got here I took the plunge bought the iphone and got a Noosy trimmer and I'm up and running. All went OK if a little apprehensive on cutting the SIM card, but tried it on a test one and all went OK. Thanks for the help.

Osem 16-08-2010 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterjcat (Post 35062518)
I've cut down a Virgin Mobile PAYG SIM for the iPhone 4, just to test the network and stuff.

Does the sms service work? Can't get the text service to work on the wife's LG Optimus GT540 using her VM PAYG card.