Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   The Sky Appreciation thread (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33609365)

Hugh 01-03-2007 15:03

Re: The Sky Appreciation thread

Pleased that you're happy with Sky, TBR.

Carl J 01-03-2007 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by c1rcle (Post 34237482)
Why lie about something like that? doesn't it get fuzzy when it rains like everyone elses I know on Sky?

Since when did digital TV get 'fuzzy'? Pixellated perhaps but not fuzzy

Can't say rain has ever affected my picture, why lie about something like that? :angel:

c1rcle 01-03-2007 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by skunk4u (Post 34237512)
Must admit Sky are ok. :dozey: Until you move house. The ball ache I had with sky!!!!! Taking money out of my account even though I told them countless times I did not live at that address. Oh the Indian call centre they have where a nightmare too.

And the cost of HD!!!!!! :Yikes:

I moved house 17th December 2005, went through the website a week before to set up the account transfer to the new address, got an email & phone call same day to let me know when the engineer would be out to fit us up in the new place, was given 19th December (monday) at 1pm.

Moved in as planned & really didn't notice the lack of tv, Monday 19th 1pm arrived & so did the engineer, an hour later we had a brand new Samsung box all wired in & updating itself ready for us to watch tv.

I'm still waiting for my first taste of the Indian call centre for VirgiNTL but as I used to work in a call centre for the Virgin Mobile parent company I know how crap they can be already.

TheBlueRaja 01-03-2007 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverwar (Post 34237532)
Pleased that you're happy with Sky, TBR.

Idiots always win - remember that. ;)

c1rcle 01-03-2007 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl J (Post 34237539)
Since when did digital TV get 'fuzzy'? Pixellated perhaps but not fuzzy

Can't say rain has ever affected my picture, why lie about something like that? :angel:

Well I've seen it happen on friends Sky service, not sure if it was digital but as the signal comes from the same place (satellites) I don't see how that would make any difference.

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja (Post 34237542)
Idiots always win - remember that. ;)

Actually idiots usually end up dead on the live rail:Yikes: hehehehe

TheBlueRaja 01-03-2007 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by c1rcle (Post 34237548)
Well I've seen it happen on friends Sky service, not sure if it was digital but as the signal comes from the same place (satellites) I don't see how that would make any difference.

Never even seen any pixelation during rain. Your mates dish is probably improperly aligned (wind could have caused it) and has an already weak signal made worse by the rain.

Paul K 01-03-2007 15:15

TBR if a new member had posted this thread today they would have been lynched for trolling lol ;)
We have Sky and to be honest some times you have to play hard ball with them to get things dealt with but overall we have had dealings with both VM and Sky CS and to be honest they are both as good/ bad as each other the vast majority of the time. It all comes down to who you talk to on the day you call.

gazzae 01-03-2007 15:16

Never had a problem with the picture on my sky either.

Sky+ is great. Does anyone know about the net gen sky box? It's supposed to allow you to stream recordings to other TVs in your house.

punky 01-03-2007 15:18

Just a general request please, can we not turn this into another Sky vs Virgin Media slanging-match-thread. We have enough already!

If you like Sky, feel free to show your appreciation. If you don't please be respectful to those who do.

TheBlueRaja 01-03-2007 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 34237552)
TBR if a new member had posted this thread today they would have been lynched for trolling lol ;)
We have Sky and to be honest some times you have to play hard ball with them to get things dealt with but overall we have had dealings with both VM and Sky CS and to be honest they are both as good/ bad as each other the vast majority of the time. It all comes down to who you talk to on the day you call.

Whaaaat!

Im flabbergasted by your comments, i simply wanted to show my appreciation for Sky, nothing to do with Virgin / Ntl / Whoever and that frankfully dreadful decision to stop all those great programs from being shown on anything else other than the Number 1 service, in my opinion, in the Uk.

I do stand by my comments, never had an issue with Sky and Sky+ is superb.

zing_deleted 01-03-2007 15:22

Also TBR remember in 12 months your warrenty ends and you have to pay to get it fixed. This is why I left Sky I had intermitant picture problems and Sky wanted to charge to come out and have a look

TheBlueRaja 01-03-2007 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinglebarb (Post 34237559)
Also TBR remember in 12 months your warrenty ends and you have to pay to get it fixed. This is why I left Sky I had intermitant picture problems and Sky wanted to charge to come out and have a look

True, but then i've not had any problems as i have mentioned and so far its been great.

zing_deleted 01-03-2007 15:25

Hope it stays that way way over your 12 months contract with sky + mate :)

c1rcle 01-03-2007 15:27

I'm not slinging mud honest! I've seen the problem with my own eyes, anyway I think BlueRaja is probably right about it being a physical fault & nothing to do with the actual service. My mate is a lazy bugger & probably won't get it fixed as it's too much effort to pick up the phone & talk to India ;)

AndyCambs 01-03-2007 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by c1rcle (Post 34237540)

I'm still waiting for my first taste of the Indian call centre for VirgiNTL but as I used to work in a call centre for the Virgin Mobile parent company I know how crap they can be already.

All the times I've called Virgin Media (or previously NTL), I can't say that I've ever been aware of having spoken to an Indian Call Centre (unless they speak with Geordie accents now?)